Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

By Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... More

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 35 - Dandelions

291 4 5
By Kiriyarin_

Fuutarou's POV:

''W-w-what are you doing here?!''

''Fuutarou informed me of what happened and requested my assistance. Everything he said rings true to me now I see, butterfly.''

I had to play dirty. Nino had made it clear that she would never listen to me, Asuka, or her sisters. Therefore, I brought the only person whom she was compelled to listen to. Madoka is someone who knows what to do in such situations, after all, she's the one with 16 sibling.

Hope this helps, Nino. For your own good.

Nino stared at me with the angriest face I've ever seen. ''Uesugi... When I see you again, I swear...

''I'm sorry, but you left me no choice. You couldn't see how worried your sisters and others were for you. Including me.'' 

''But I-'' Nino raised her face and looked at Madoka, and her cheeks flushed slightly. ''Shouldn't you be busy?''

Madoka lays her back to the door and crosses her arms. ''I should've been. But Fuutarou called me yesterday, so I've already taken care of all the tasks I need to do today and tomorrow.''

''H-huh?! D-Did you just said you fit 48-hour job into...less then 12 hours?''

''...'' Madoka remain silent. 

"Well, it seems like I'm expected to give you ladies some privacy."

''Uesugi---! Wait...''

''I'm counting on you both.''

Nino's POV:

All I had left was to stare at Madoka on my knees after he left. My eyes focused on that beautiful face with embarrassment. Maybe I'm blushing, maybe it was just something I felt. With Uesugi gone, my mixed feelings for Madoka grew stronger, as did the bitterness that had built up inside me. Why did I always have to be the one who had to make those difficult decisions in life? Why was my heart doomed to such a stupid storm? Ah, how I want to sink into back of my eyelids to find the answers to these questions...

''H-huh...'' As I found myself on my knees and lost in my mind, a hand reaches towards me—gentle, yet strong.  ''Madoka...''

She holds my hand and helps me to stand up. ''Are you going to tell me what happened?''

''I won't.'' I frown. ''I'm just fine without them. If you came here to tell me to go back, you're wasting your time completely.''

''So be it.'' Madoka closes the room door and sat on the bed. ''...''

''You can't force me to te—What?''

''If you don't want to say it, don't. It'll be counterproductive for me to put pressure on you to tell me.'' 

''I-...Then why did Uesugi call you? Wait, more importantly, how the heck he manage to reach you?! It should be impossible for a loser like him to reach you!''

''Fuutarou has my personal phone number. And he didn't call me to persuade you, of that I'm sure. He simply wanted me to tutor you until the finals.''

''Tutor... me...'' I grit my teeth. ''What's the point? Why is it so important for me to pass the finals? He's only treating us well so that we don't lose our jobs!''

''How about you?'' Madoka maintainted her aesthetic aura at its finest. ''Are you happy now that you're free from your sisters?''

''Of course! I can watch TV anytime I like. I can set the AC's temperature as I please and, there's no one that will mess up my room.''

''I see. If that's the lifestyle you feel comfortable with, then there's nothing more to say.''

''H-huh?...''

''I had a brother who used to run away from home all the time, but now that he's grown up, he gave up on that. But, yes, I'm used to it.''

''Wait, like you? Aren't your siblings just like...you?''

''No. People cannot be the same. My siblings and I are completely different from each other. No one can be the other.''

Every time I look at Madoka, my face turns red unintentionally. The last moments of the field trip play back and forth in my mind, the moment our lips met, the moment when she kissed me on her own will. Ugh! What's going on with me! I can't focus.

Madoka may not be as dressed up as she was that night, but she still looks dazzling in her everyday clothes.

''All right, I'll study...!''

''And?-''

I blink a few times. ''Wait, and?! ''

''The only way for you to accept the request in your current state is if there is an additional condition accompanying it. What is the other condition?'' Madoka closes her eyes. ''...''

Did she...just read me?

''W-w-well, since you asked... Let's go out for a date---!?! I-I mean walk! Yeah yeah yeah, w-walk. Nothing more n-nothing less! We can study after we come back.''

''...'' Madoka opened her emerald eyes and stared at me for a moment, saying nothing.

''Look. Just... Today was a very busy day, okay?! I probably won't understand anything I study now.'' I crossed my arms and pout. ''I want to clear my head, got that? Hmpf!''

.

.

.

Madoka accepted my offer to go out, my heart felt like it would burst, but I finally managed to calm down. This is your only chance to seek vengeance on her after the whirlwind of emotions she fucking pushed you, Nino Nakano! Don't screw this up.

I chose the beauty center close to us as our first stop. I decide to take care of my self-care outside because, ugh, all these leaving-home-related things seemed to prevent me from taking the time to take care of myself.

Madoka remained silent as I thought, and followed me. I wonder how someone like her does her daily care? Are Hosoki maids that skilled?

''Your nails are almost done, ma'am.'' One of the employees called me. ''Would you like to paint as well? You'll look great, just like the lady next to you.''

''Do we really need to dye our nails, butterfly?'' Madoka said when she was taking the nail-care like I do at the seat next to me, unwillingly.

''Absolutely! Looking good never hurt anyone'' I smiled. ''Okay! I want mines blue. And black for her! Hehe!~''

Madoka takes a deep breath after looking at the womans who are doing all sparkly-shiny colorful things to her fingers. ''...''

''Come on, there's no way someone like you hasn't painted nails before.''

''I didn't. Makeup and nail art are two entirely different things, butterfly. I'm not sure if you're aware, but painting nails is considered disrespectful in many organizations.''

''Then it's your lucky day, Madoka.'' I smiled widely. ''This isn't a company job. Think of it as your day-off.''

Madoka doesn't seem to be affected by my words. She really appears to be a strong contender for being Tokyo's most powerful woman, calm and in harmony. I wonder what kind of training she went through to become like this?

While I'm thinking about our next destination, the employee who painted my nails tells me that her work is done. ''Madam Nino, would like to check it by yourself?''

''Now that's what I call a proper nail-care, arigato!''

As I gaze at my freshly painted nails, a giggle escapes me unintentionally. Now that I think about it... This is the first time I've visited a beauty center with someone. I realize that I should make the most of this experience before the day is over. Who knows when I'll have another opportunity like this again?

''Madoka Madoka, look!'' I lift my hand.

After a few seconds, the employees who had been taking care of Madoka let us know that they have completed their tasks as well and take their leave, leaving us alone in the room.

''Did you really have to choose this color?'' Madoka sighs yet again as she examines her hand. ''...''

Oh my gosh, it really suits. It matched perfectly with the black outfits she's wearing.

''Absolutely. That's what you call fashion anyway. Shall we try mascara and piercings too?''

''Pass.''

''Aw. Such a waste.'' I grin at her. ''Whatever, small steps then.''

Madoka only gave me an eye roll. ''...''

I have already mapped out our day-plan during the nail care session. Once we're done at the beauty center, we'll head to park, and afterwards, we can grab a bite to eat. I recently heard that a brand-new amusement park has opened up by the seaside, so that will be our ultimate stop. Seems like a great place to end the night.

It's already 5 PM and the sun is setting. We better should hurry if we want to catch the sunset. It's a good thing I got a reservation for the amusement park since there might be tons of people around.

''I always wanted to visit...this place, thank you.'' I lower my tone. ''Thank you...''

"It's not crucial; we still have ample time to turn back" Madoka said as she rose gracefully from her seat. "I'll take care of the payment."

''H-ha?! No no no. I'll p-pay for myself!''

''...'' When Madoka reached the front of the cashier, she stood there and stares at me. Those emerald eyes of hers shivers me to the core.

''M-Madoka...?''

''Don't waste your money on insignificant expenditures. If you're planning to stay at hotels, you'll need all the remaining money you have.''

''...I...'' What am I supposed to say? ''...''

''Thank you for choosing us. How would the payment be?'' The cashier greets us. ''We can do installments for credit card.''

''One-time payment.'' Madoka takes out her credit card from her pocket to make the payment.

Wait, is that...

''...! / Oh my god...''

The cashier and I have the same reaction; our eyes widen completely as we realize that we are probably facing something we may never see again. The thing that Madoka is holding...

''Madoka...Is that a frickin' Centurion Card?!''

Of course she has a bloody Black Card. The Centurion Card offers a range of premium benefits and services, including personalized concierge assistance, access to exclusive airport lounges, elite hotel and airline loyalty program status, complimentary upgrades, travel credits, and more. The card is known for its high annual fee and stringent eligibility requirements, making it a symbol of elite status and luxury. Not even father can afford it...

''M-M-Madam...'' Even the cashier goes into shock. Her hands tremble as they press the keys on the cash register. ''Oh my god, what have I gotten myself into...''

''Send the invoice to the address associated within the card. Company will take care of the tax.''

''Right away! Madam! Sir, yes sir!''

I couldn't help but sweatdrop. "You don't have to give a military salute..."

Madoka extends the card to the cashier. As the cashier holds the card, she bite their lip to keep from fainting or doing anything stupid. Reasonable, that five-centimeter piece of plastic she holds has enough purchasing power to buy an entire stretch of coastline. Including the people there.

While Madoka converses with the cashier, my gaze once again locks onto her. Am I...blushing? Oh... why, why? Out of the blue.

"If you ladies wish, please visit us again anytime you want." The cashier says kindly.

''...''

Wish? Seeing Madoka again reminds me of the promise I made to myself during the trip.

I just wish that I could find the chance to set free these feelings of ambiguity and break the walls that surrounds her heart.

.

.

.

[ 15 Minutes Later, Shopping District ]

After leaving the beauty center, I explained the places we might go and the plan to her. She didn't object as I expected, she just silently nodded in approval. Is she genuinely having fun, or is she just coming with me to avoid hurting my feelings? I hope it's the first...Definitely preferable than messing with Uesugi's and the girls' nonsense bullshit. I can get used to it.

We're currently walking on the street side by side. She allowed me to hold her hand, so I intertwined my fingers with hers, and the warmth I still remember from before enveloped me. Gentle and pleasant. I'll enjoy and cherish the warmth during this moment of silence.

''...''

''...''

The sky has already started to darken, and since it's Monday, I see students in their uniforms every now and then. It might have been a huge problem if one of them was from my school, but we're far away from Asahiyama.

''Can we stop for a while, butterfly?'' Madoka stopped in front of one of the shops. ''...''

''S-sure...Are you going to buy clothes?''

She looks at the mannequins on display. ''No, I just remembered something. My brother's birthday is approaching.''

I raise my eyebrow. ''Gonna buy b-day gift?''

''Would it be a problem?''

''Heh, no problem at all.'' I smirk. ''That means I can buy something for myself.''

Madoka and I entered one of the stores we had set our eyes on. It isn't a very expensive place, so I'll be using my own money this time. Madoka headed towards the men's section, searching for something suitable. Honestly, if you looked at her from the outside, you would never guess that she'll become one of Tokyo's most powerful women in the future. From here, she just looks like a girl picking out a gift for her brother.

But I saw the true lady at the bonfire dance. A radiant jewel that illuminated the night.

''Do you need help with that, hehe~?''

''Maybe. I was just thinking what kind of things men would like.''

"What is your brother like? If you can tell me a little about him, it may help me understand his preferences when it comes to choosing clothes.Thank god the others aren't here, they'd probably just keep bringing the worst combinations ever exist in human history.''

''Like...'' Madoka closes her eyes. ''I guess he's the complete opposite of me.''

''Ha? What's that supposed to mean?''

''If I had to describe him, the best word I would use is...emotional.''

''Emotional, huh?...'' I crossed my arms. ''It's a difficult word.''

''Approaching events emotionally is not really my forte. But, he's probably the one among my siblings who expresses his emotions most strongly.'' She said without looking at me, focusing her eyes on clothes.

''Then you should consider getting something colorful. A V-neck red shirt or a pair of sneakers might be good options.''

Madoka then stopped examining the clothes and looks at me. ''You seem experienced.''

''Natural talent, thanks for the compliment.'' I feel my cheeks blush. ''Thank god, I won't have to go to buy clothes with my sisters never again.''

''...'' Taking my suggestion into consideration, Madoka decides to grab one of those trendy V-neck shirts that in fashion these days. Heh, I believe it would make a wonderful gift.

Hold on, we're about to leave. I have to buy something too.

''Madoka, can you wait for me for a moment? I have a few things...I want to...try. I-I mean! If that's not a problem for you.''

''Take your time. I'll be here.''

I left Madoka's side and went straight to pick up the clothes I had chosen earlier. Hehe, it took me a little while to find them, but I eventually did. Before stepping into the fitting room, I take another glance at myself and the outfit I'm wearing—my white t-shirt and everyday jeans.

''Ugh, too simple...A little more embellishment wouldn't hurt.''

A few minutes later, after getting dressed in my new clothes, I find Madoka at the spot where I left her earlier. She must still be contemplating her own choices. Heh, let's see if my new style surprises her.

''Soooooo...Any comment?~''

I chose something a little more daring this time. A short sky-blue skirt and a t-shirt with a low-cut collar to enhance the appearance of my bust and add a touch of sexy maturity. So, whaddya think? Did I manage to catch your attention this time?

''...''

''Mou! I know you don't follow fashion or anything, but atleast react!''

''Hm? Did you say something, butterfly?

''Nevermind.'' I sighed.

Darn it! She didn't even notice me because she's dealing with the gift problem. Oh well... At least I know I look beautiful, heh. I'll go ahead and buy these ones; perhaps I'll need them again in the future.

Madoka and I went to the cashier to pay for the clothes we selected. This time, I'll be using my own money to pay like I said. Even if Madoka is super ultra mega rich, it wouldn't sit right with my conscience to make her pay for everything. I can imagine my conscience would give me quite a hard time in the middle of the night for that. Sorry inner me, I'm not ready for sleepless nights.

This cashier's reaction here was exactly the same as before, almost in shock, but she managed to pull herself together, so I hope. Guess when you are like that, privileges come naturally.

''Madoka, are you sure you won't get something for yourself? This place is quite large, I'm sure there are things that match your taste as well.'' I've decided to wear my new clothes now, so I'll just put the old ones in the bag.

Madoka simply shook her head. ''...''

''I see, whatever suits you best, I guess.'' I chuckle and pick up the plastic bags. ''Do you want to grab a bite to eat? I know a few places that aren't too crowded.''

''It might be nice to eat something, we've been walking for a while.''

I hugged her arm, pressing her skin to mine. ''Gotcha then, I'll lead the way. By the way, don't worry about buying yourself something, I can lend you my own clothes anytime you want.''

"Thanks, butterfly," Madoka says, allowing me to hug her arm as she looks at me. "But I don't think our body measurements match."

Oof, that hurt.

''Ouch! Say it more politely, baka!''

Now not only am I shorter in height, but she also surpasses me in every other...womanly aspect. I touch my own chest, not that it's small or anything. It's just that hers are too big. I won't deny feeling jealousy...

''...''

''Hmpf, whatever! Let's go, we can vis---...IYAH?!''

My foot gets caught on the leg of one of the broken mannequins as I try to walk alongside her, causing me to stumble.

Huh, why didn't I fall? I should have been slammed to the ground right now but I'm certain I'm still standing, yet unable to see what's in front of me. I've landed on something soft, like a snowflake or one of those fluffy stress balls. No no, I changed my mind! Uwaaah, it feels like a pillow.

I open my eyes to see if I'm hurt, and the bitter truth slams my face like a goddamn truck.

My femininity humiliated to the core. Eh, whatever. I like the view from here ♡

''𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆? Be careful.''

...

''Chocolate or honey? Both are great so don't worry about it, hehe.''

''Honey, please.''

We stopped at the crepe stands for something to eat after leaving the clothing store. This is one of the recent hotspots for teenagers. And I'll give them credit for being delicious. I returned with pancakes while Madoka waited at the table. Chocolate for me and honey for her.

''Thank you for agreeing to go out today. I know I put you through some trouble.'' I took a big bite of my chocolaty crepe. ''Mmmm!!~''

''I agreed on Fuutarou's request, so don't you worry. Like I said, I've finished all the tasks planned for today and tomorrow.'' She bit her crepe as well, chewing it in a respectful manner like true lady. ''Not bad...''

''Oh, by the way! Our next stop is the amusement park.''

''Amusement park, huh...'' Madoka closed her eyes. ''Been a while.''

Every time I look at Madoka, my heart races. The memory of she kissed me feels like it's being relived over and over again. It was unlike anything I'd ever felt before; her kissing me felt nothing like me kissing her. Ugh, why the heck the field trip memories invade mind now?...

"We can always go out another time, just the two of us...the two of us."

''First, focus on the finals.'' She said calmly, without any emotion and took another bite of her honey-filled crepe.

''Hmpf.'' I pout and bit my choco-crepe. ''Mmm... It's easy for you to say, you're the first in third graders. Also, don't talk like Uesugi! It's weird, okay?!...Huh?...''

I noticed a crowd forming a few meters away from Madoka and me while we were talking. They seemed to be watching something. I can't see it because there are too many people, but I'm curious now. It must have caught Madoka's attention as she too is looking in the direction of the crowd.

''Is there a show or something?''

''Do you want to check, butterfly?

''Let me take a peak, and you come along too.''

As we got up from our table and started walking towards the gathering crowd, I began to understand what's people doing here. It turned out that a beautiful melody was rising from the center of the crowd. A street performer?

Woah. Whoever is playing is really good at this job, this melody really cleared my ears. No lyrics, just a melody. But even that sounds nice. I have to split the crowd a bit to find out who's playing it, which is exactly what I did.

''...''

Madoka and I see the person who is the source of the sound after walking for a while. An adult male, probably in his mid-20s. Every time he touches the guitar strings with his fingers, the crowd claps their hands in rhythm to accompany him. I couldn't help myself and got caught up in the applause wave. He's really playing in harmony.

After minutes filled with applause, the song finally comes to an end. This time, the crowd raises their applause even louder, celebrating the man's success. In response to all the attention, he hangs his guitar on his shoulder and waves in greeting.

''Wasn't it wonderful?'' I tugged her arm and giggle. ''You cannot find a live show out of nowhere.''

Madoka nods. ''The rhythm was flawless, he's talented at his job.''

''Are you into music, hehe?''

''As it is.'' She crosses her arms. ''Good art must be appreciated.''

The crowd slowly starts to disperse, the guitarist finds a seat on the stairs to take a moment and rest. I can only imagine how tired he must be after a performance like that. Well, anyone has to be exhausted in that situation.

''Madoka, you know music is---''

*Tap*

Just as I was about to tell her that we should go, my foot accidentally steps on a hard object. I lift my foot and pick up the thingy to understand what it is that I stepped on.

''Huh?...What's that?'' It's a small black triangle made of plastic, about half size of my index finger. Is this some kind of toy or something? ''Madoka, you know what that is?''

I pass the mystery object to Madoka. ''It's a plectrum.''

''Plectrum?''

''Guitarists use this to protect their fingers.''

''Do you think it belongs to that guy?''

''Possibly. I haven't come across any other another person carrying a guitar around.'' She says.

"He must have dropped it after the show." I said, closing my eyes for a moment to think. "Mhm... Aight, Imma go and give this back. Without this, his job can be difficult. You wait for me here, okay?''

I look at the guitar strapped to the man's back. This instrument probably has only one plectrum inside the guitar, but he doesn't have it with him right now. Since I have the plectrum in my hands, I walk up to him. He probably won't mind giving me a thank you, hmpf. He better thank me properly.

As I walked up to him, the guitarist greeted me, "Heya, missy. Sorry, I can't give any autographed photos without my manager's approval."

I bowed my head down. ''It was a wonderful show, mister.''

"Now, now..." The guitarist scratches his neck and bows his head back in response. "Thanks, missy. Is there a problem?''

Contrary to his appearance, he's quite a gentleman. With his goatee and black bandana, I thought he might be a rocker or something. You know, those types of people who scream in the most ear-bleeding way and call it music. P.S. I hate rock.

''Uhh...I found this at the front-stage.'' I took this thingy called plectrum out of my pocket. ''Yours?''

When he sees the plectrum, the guitarist quickly checks the pockets of his leather jacket. ''My my, I actually dropped it and don't even realize it.''

I tossed it, and he skillfully caught the plectrum in mid-air.

''It's hard to play without it, isn't it?

''Depends. Some prefer fingers, some prefer this.'' The guitarist, in order to try out the plectrum, took his guitar from his back and played a soft note. ''Perfect as well, old friend.''

''...?!'' Did this guy just speak to his own guitar?

''By the way, I'm Six-String Samurai.''

''Ha? What the f-?...''

He sighed deeply, as if he had been waiting for this reaction. ''My manager won't let me use my real name on the street. Kind of like a stage name.''

"I see. Tho, there's no way in hell I'm calling someone like that."

''I know I know, its nonsense. Isn't the lady in black next to you here?''

''Lady in...what? H-huh?!''

''I saw you two when I was on stage. Your...girlfriend?''

''M-My...what?!'' I blushed at the man's misguided guess. ''N-no! W-we are nothling like that! She won't even look at me that way...''

The guitarist closes one eye and scratches his goatee. ''I see. You're platonic.''

''...! Don't make such accusations, mister! Hey!''

''Don't worry, it's nothing to be ashamed of.'' He hangs his guitar back on his shoulder and gazes up at the passing clouds. "I was like that when I was your age too."

I'm not in love with her or anything! That can't happen! I-I just swore to teach her the meaning behind kisses and heart matters, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. It won't be, it can't be, it shouldn't be... shouldn't be... right?

''...'' Good thing she's not here right now. ''Look, mister! I...''

"Ah, screw that. I'll start an argument over that stupid rule later.'' The guitarist said. ''The name is Ryota.''

''Nino Nakano.'' I mumble. ''...''

''Nino-chan, then. Guess you're experiencing some complex emotions.''

"Sort of..." I turn around to check where Madoka is and spot her under a tree, busy with a phone conversation. "Mhm... It's a complicated matter, Ryota-san."

''I can help with that. Think of it as the reward for finding my plectrum.''

''Ryota-san, you said you were like me before. Can you...tell me about it?''

''Teenage years, y'know. There was a girl that I liked back then but she didn't even know I existed. Sounds familiar?''

''More then you can imagine.'' I sighed.

''Before graduating from high school, I wanted to at least have a conversation with her, so I spent weeks planning what I could do. Then I thought about the best talent I had.'' Ryota-san ran his fingers across his guitar once again, from top to bottom. ''Music.''

''...''

''Eh, I'll skip over some details because I don't wanna overwhelm you with my life story Nino-chan, but in the end, I mustered up my courage and wrote a song. Put into words everything I felt for her back then. Then, at our last cultural festival before graduation, I sang the song in front of the whole school and said that I dedicated it to her.''

''That's...wonderful, Ryota-san. What happened next?''

''Glad you asked.'' A grin forms on his face as he slowly withdraws his left hand from his jacket pocket, a ring on his finger. ''She also happens to be my manager, heh.''

''Woah!'' I gasped unintentionally and realization hits me. ''Wait wait wait, you're suggesting me that---...''

''Yup. The stage's all empty now, why don't you sing a song?''

''H-Ha?! N-no way!''

''Why not? If you're in high school, they should have taught you how to play the guitar in music class.''

''It's not the problem!''

''Stage fright?'' Ryota-san tilted his head. ''Yare yare...''

''No, no. It's just... What can I say?''

''That's the neat part, everything in your heart. In situations like these, us musicians don't sit down at a table to write song lyrics all day and night. Instead, we express ourselves directly by what we want to say in that moment.''

I looked away. ''But, Ryota-san. Your song didn't have lyrics either.''

''...'' He giggled to my comment. ''Because I'm not the lead singer in my band. Actually, I had no intention of attracting so many people. I just wanted to practice my guitar when that huge crowd gathered around me.''

''Oh? A band?''

''We're new in the music industry so nobody knows us. Yet. We play in live music venues from time to time, that's all.'' Ryota-san reaches to his bag and grabs a small piece of paper, tossing it to me. ''My friend owns a venue. If you ever want to see live music with that lady in black or just with some of your friend, bring the ticket, and they won't charge you.''

''A-ah...Arigato.'' I quickly put the ticket in my skirt-pocket. ''Back to topic. My musical talents are totally trash, and I don't even know what to say.''

''I've got a spare guitar; don't worry, I'll accompany the melody on stage. However, the lyrics are entirely yours, missy.''

Wait, can I actually do that? If I do, what will she think? I can't say I dedicated the song to her, that part is a big no no. And P.S; I'm not in love with her! Hmpf!

I told Ryota-san that I accept his offer. While I stand on stage, he'll hand me his actual guitar and use his backup guitar. Then he'll escort me in the background with his guitar, matching my rhythm. Now, I wonder what Madoka will think about all this.

Then I stepped on to the stage set up for street performers, and my goodness... It's so crowded. People have gathered again to hear Ryota-san's music, I guess they have to make do with me. Sorry folks!

"Butterfly?..." Even Madoka looks surprised as she spots me amidst the bustling crowd. Her green eyes locked on me. ''...''

''Madoka, Madoka!'' I chuckled and waved my hand upon the stage. ''Open up your ears!''

"Nino-chan, are you ready?!"

''Honestly, nah. I feel as though I might faint right fucking now, but the voice inside me insists that I'll regret it if I don't do it.''

All I have to do is listen to my heart, right? I wonder what the heck I'm gonna say?

Live and learn.

And the music starts.

- - -

''Acting so cool, you never give an inch~
This game we're playing
Are you aware it's one that no one wins?...

I don't need a fairy-tale ending
Only happy-ever-afters happen in movies
I won't waste my time rejecting lies
I wanna get lost in your love...

So come and tease my heart a little more!

But the chance of a kiss is one I won't get
If I break down your walls, I wonder if I'll find
Something hidden behind those pure, innocent eyes!

I lean to kiss you, I'm counting 1, 2, 3
But then you look away, like it was all a game
I'm tryna tell you my feelings, but it's hard
When you keep toying on with my heart...

Is it sad that my heart's beating frantically?
Just my feelings alone make me lose my breath
Then you give me that look, and I'm over the edge.

With the sound of your voice put a spell on me
Tried to hold back my love, but I no longer can
So I'll give you my heart...

EVERYTHING THAT I AM!
~~♪''

- - -

Author Note:

Music is a key, and where it will lead is up to you.

In the next chapter, the day goes on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 78 23
Following the events of the manga, Futaro and the Nakano sisters progress into the next stage of their life: adulthood. Who would have thought colleg...
9.1K 150 11
Y/n has some problems. Him being a big introvert don't really help him. Knowing Fuutarou since they were little, he became his only friend since he d...
16.8K 284 33
Sora was 1 year old when he got sent to America. As he grew up he always got bullied and learned the truth about himself. He got upset & isolated him...
125 1 18
Fuutarou has made his choice. So what happens now? Let's delve deep into the fallout of Fuutarou's choice and the end of the manga. This story wil...