Phoenix (mha x oc)

By Knerd14

Hawks' niece comes to live with him in order to study at UA High School, and along the way, she meets many pe... More

Character Description
Chapter 1: Uncle?
Chapter 2: The Entrance Exam
Chapter 3: First Day at UA
Chapter 4: Combat Training
Chapter 5: Chaos
Chapter 6: USJ
Chapter 7: New Scars
Chapter 8: Spilling Secrets...
Chapter 9: The Aftermath
Chapter 10: The Sports Festival Pt. 1
Chapter 12: The Sports Festival Pt. 3
Chapter 13: Concern
Chapter 14: Confidence
Chapter 15: Two Knives
Chapter 16: Risen from the Ashes
Chapter 17: Train Buddies
Chapter 18: Study Buddies
Chapter 19: The Final
Chapter 20: Shopping Incidents
Chapter 21: I-Island Expo
Chapter 21: Training Camp
Chapter 23: Calamity
Chapter 24: A Bond Born in Trauma
Chapter 25: Late Nights and Big Fights
Chapter 26: Recovery
Chapter 27: Staying with the Bakugos
Chapter 28: Dorms and a Blue Eye
Chapter 29: Ultimate Moves and Therapy
Chapter 30: The License Exam Pt. 1
Chapter 31: The Licensing Exam Pt. 2
Chapter 32: An Explanation and a Work Study
Chapter 33: Working with Fae and a Meeting
Chapter 34: A Plan
Chapter 35: Go!
Chapter 36: Fiery Determination
Chapter 37: Survivor's Guilt
Chapter 38: A Supplemental Lesson
Chapter 39: Surprise
Chapter 40: Performance
Chapter 41: A Deal

Chapter 11: The Sports Festival Pt. 2

1.4K 38 15
By Knerd14

Tanaka's POV

I look over at Todoroki, and just by looking at him, I can tell that we were both thinking the same thing. 'We need to talk to Midoriya.'

We both walk over to him, and Todoroki says, "We need to talk."

Midoriya follows us as we walk to a discreet tunnel. Todoroki and I stand next to each other as Midoriya stands on the other side of the hall. "So... what did you want to talk to me about...?" Midoriya asked.

I look down and say, "In the cavalry battle... your last attack... there was so much power surging through your body that it... it terrified me."

Midoriya looks down, and Todoroki says, "It made me break a pledge I had made to myself to never use my left side... I've only seen that power from one other hero."

"All Might," I state accusingly.

"Midoriya, tell me. Are you All Might's secret love child or something?" Todoroki asks.

I facepalm and say, "Todoroki... no," I turn to Midoriya and say, "Although it is obvious that there is a connection between you and All Might."

"T-that's not it at all!" Midoriya exclaims nervously.

"'That's not it at all,' that makes it seem like there is a connection you're not supposed to talk about," Todoroki states.

Midoriya froze. I stare at him intently, trying to figure him out, as he crumbles under my intense stare. "Did you know that my father is the hero, Endeavor?" Todoroki asks.

Midoriya nods and says, "The number two hero," he turns to me, "And Hawks, the number three hero, is your uncle."

I nod solemnly as Todoroki explains how he is the product of a quirk marriage and how his scar is from his mother pouring boiling water on his face. 'He didn't tell me about that part...' I thought to myself, staring at him. Todoroki then explained his pledge to disregard his father and declared that he would beat Midoriya without his flames. Todoroki walked away, and I turned to Midoriya, "You're a good guy, and I do consider you a friend... but I have to prove that even I can become a hero..."

He stares at me for a moment and asks, "What do you mean...?"

I sigh, "Todoroki isn't the only one with a fucked up past."

I walked away, leaving Midoriya and a certain blonde eavesdropper in a stunned silence.

I approach the food stands and see the girls all sitting at a table. "Tanaka! Come join us!" Uraraka calls out.

I get some food and join them at the table. "Anyway, what were you saying, Yao-momo?" Tsu asks, continuing whatever conversation they were having.

"I was wondering what all of your parents do for work. Mine own a support equipment company," Yaoyorozu stated.

"Mine own a construction company," Uraraka stated.

Everyone goes around saying what their parents do while I was just sitting in silence, hoping that they wouldn't ask me. However, after everyone else had gone, they all turned to me and Yaoyorozu asked, "What about you, Tanaka? Are they heroes like your uncle?"

I gulped and shook my head, but before I got the chance to answer, someone called out, "Yaoyorozu!"

We all turned around to see Kaminari and Mineta approaching us. "Glad to see all the Class 1-A ladies together. We are here to deliver a message from Aizawa," Mineta stated.

We all looked at him suspiciously before Kaminari stated, "Yes, he said that all of you have to participate in the cheer competition later and should be getting into uniform right now."

I looked at Yaoyorozu with suspicion in my eyes, and when the ladies started to protest, Mineta said, "Hey, Aizawa's orders. You ladies wouldn't want to get in trouble, right?"

The girls all shook their heads and so Yaoyorozu made us cheer uniforms. They were very revealing, but it was the design of the uniforms that the cheerleaders from America were wearing. I put mine on and felt very exposed; I had never worn a crop top or a mini skirt before. Yaoyorozu started inspecting that everyone had their uniforms on correctly, and when she got to me, she started to blush. "Seems like you have it on correctly, how are your wings? Did I make the holes for them big enough?" she asked, circling me to inspect my back.

I nodded and then she hissed sharply. I turned around and she looked away, "Sorry, it's just your scars. Getting them must have been very painful."

I solemnly nodded and we all walked out to the arena. "Alright! It's time for the next event! We even got cheerleaders from America to- WOAH what is this!? It seems Class 1-A has gone full fan-service!" Present Mic announced, everyone turning to us girls.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I muttered, quickly realizing that Mineta and Kaminari tricked us. 

I scanned the crowd and instantly found them drooling at the sight of us. My veins filled with rage as I released many feathers, lit them ablaze, and shot them at the two boys. I glanced through the crowd and noticed a lot of people staring at me. I wrapped my wings and arms around my body, self conscious, as I felt my face heat up to a bright red. Midnight then announced that we would be doing one-on-one battles. Before we were released, however, Ojiro and a boy from Class 1-B withdrew from the competition due to feeling that they didn't earn their spot. They explained that they didn't remember the cavalry battle at all, then they pointed somewhere in the crowd, saying it was someone's quirk. I followed where they were pointing, and my golden eyes met a familiar pair of lavender ones. I growled and turned away, looking up to see that my opponent would be someone by the name of Shiozaki.

.

.

.

I walked through the hall before the first of the one-on-one fights. 'Midoriya vs. Shinso...' I thought to myself, searching for Midoriya. When I found him, I said, "Look... I know I said we were competition... but I just... I have to warn you about Shinso."

His emerald eyes met mine as he said, "Is this about his quirk? Because Ojiro just explained it to me."

"Oh... well then, good luck on your match. I want to fight you in the finals," I said before walking away.

Third Person POV

Tanaka took her seat beside Todoroki and watched the match intently. Todoroki stole a quick glance at the winged girl, trying to figure her out, but returned his gaze back to the match. Shinso started talking to Midoriya, trying to manipulate him into talking. After insulting Ojiro, Shinso finally got the response that he was wanting and instantly took control. "Now walk out of bounds," he commanded, Midoriya instantly following the instructions. 

"You idiot..." Tanaka whispered, catching Todoroki's attention.

"Who's an idiot?" Todoroki asks, having recognized the purple-haired boy as the other guy who helped her in the hall the day the press broke in and her wings got broken by the crowd. 

Tanaka scoffed, "Midoriya. Ojiro talked to him about not talking to Shinso... and he did it anyway."

"Aren't you friends with Shinso though? Wouldn't you be happy that Shinso is winning?" Todoroki asked.

Tanaka sighed, "I'm mad at Shinso at the moment, so no, I don't want him to win."

Todoroki turned back to the fight, slightly smug about the fact that he no longer had to worry about fighting Shinso for her attention. After somehow flicking his fingers with an intense amount of force, Midoriya broke out of Shinso's brainwashing and won the match. "Why do you want to be a hero...?" Midoriya asked.

Shinso turned to Midoriya and said, "You can't help the things your heart longs for... plus, I have to make up with someone and prove to her that my quirk can be used for good."

As Shinso walked away, a pair of scarlet eyes were glaring daggers into the back of his head. 'Tanaka said that the 'friend' who betrayed her trust brainwashed her... this bastard has a brainwashing quirk. It has to be him,' Bakugo thought to himself as he got out of his seat and stormed through the halls. He rounded a corner and saw him. "Hey brainwash bastard!" Bakugo called out, his hands popping slightly as he stormed toward the boy. 

Shinso turned around to see an intensely angry Bakugo approaching him. "What is it?" he asked.

"You're the one who took advantage of bird brain, aren't you?!" Bakugo asked, grabbing Shinso by the collar. 

Shinso's regret resurfaced as he met Bakugo's furious scarlet gaze. "How do you know about that...?" Shinso asked.

"After your interrogation, she crashed into my backyard and dislocated her shoulder!" Bakugo exclaimed, sparking his hands slightly.

'She did mention crashing somewhere... but she dislocated her shoulder...?' Shinso thought to himself, guilt plaguing his conscience. "I-I didn't mean to..." Shinso started, but then he stopped. 'I did mean to... I wanted to know what she meant... that way I could help her...' he realized, feeling even worse.

Bakugo scoffed, "Bullshit, you can't just accidentally make someone spill their deepest secrets! Are you gonna use that excuse when you take it further and make her suck your-" 

Shinso punched him in the face. "I would never do that!" Shinso yelled.

"Yeah righ-" Bakugo started, but suddenly his body felt weightless. 

"Now walk away and leave me the fuck alone," Shinso snapped, Bakugo walking away in silence, leaving Shinso alone with nothing but his overwhelming guilt and regret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 173 32
"You have the heart of a hero, kid. You just haven't realized it yet." When a teenager with a dual quirk named Ayaka Kurosawa is recommended for the...
203K 4K 48
izuku midoriya wasn't just born with one quirk but two both upgraded versions of his parents quirks but following their deaths izuku lives on the st...
78.6K 2K 59
This is my First My Hero Academia book. In a world where everyone has this unique power called a Quirk there is one Problem Child with an powerful Qu...
1.5M 45.4K 41
(Y/N) is a new student at UA high. She moved away with her dad a few years ago after her mom disappeared. While she lived here, her two friends Izuku...