Crossmare one-shots (REQUEST...

By Midnightgacha8

just some Crossmare for the soul More

Hello!
Are we Ready?
doubt?
progress(Doubt?)
A baby's cry
Passionate
Jealousy
Nightmares
Arranged Marriage
Arranged Marriage (Pt 2)
Confession
Arranged Marriage (pt3)
Meeting again
Fooling around
Can't Sleep love?
Kids Am I right?
A Mothers love
Insecurities
Forced Marriage
Forced Marriage (pt3)
Mafia
Just a Bite..
Missing his touch...
Proposal
I Lost Them...
Cross being Cross
One-sided Love
A Passionate Night
A Dance
I Lost them...(pt2)
Sweet Gestures
A/N
Sick
One-sided Love (Pt 2)
A Small Mistake

Forced Marriage (pt2)

458 20 8
By Midnightgacha8

Sksksksksskks
This one is quite long.

Enjoy
______________________________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It's been months since the incident in the ballroom. Cross still thinks about it every so often, from how it started to how he ended up breaking down all alone in the hall.

Not much has changed really, only thing that has changed was that Nightmare finally acknowledges Cross whenever he's in the room, but that's it. Nothing else changed it was all the same..

He still cries himself to sleep sometimes, everything was so stressful, from helping Nightmare manage the castle or making preparations. There was always something that needed to be done, and he didn't really have much emotional support to help him get through most of it.

Cross thought back to his family back home, and while he didn't have the best childhood back at his home palace, he did miss his siblings, they were the only good things he had, His father was most strict towards him then everyone else, and his form of discipline was..rough.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, he focused on the paperwork in front of him. Yes, Cross had his own office. Of course, Lust was with him as always.

Cross sighed, obviously bored out of his mind. Can something exciting happen for once in this darn place?

He continued to work until he heard a knock at the door.

"Come in."
Cross gently said, the door opened to reveal Killer, one of Nightmares' personal guards.

"Oh, Killer. Do you need something?"
He asked.

Killer bowed his head before speaking.
"Your Majesty, the King has asked me to inform you that you both will be visiting the town in a few hours."

Cross hummed.
"Alrighty then, is there anything else?"

Killer shook his head.

"Okay, thank you, Killer."

And with that, the other left.

"Would you look at that, a visit to the city." Lust said.

Cross chuckled.
"Yeah, it felt like ages since I was able to go back out."

"Well, after what happened. The King seems to be keeping you under safe care.
The other replied.

Those words brought Cross back to the day of the incident and what happened in the hall. Yes, it's true that after what happened, Nightmare did keep the other under strict supervision, but Cross didn't think it was because he cared.
After all, they were both hiding their true feelings under a mask.

"Yeah.."

Lust noticed the other become quiet, he frowned, he never liked seeing Cross bottle everything up, not like he could do much anyways.

"Lust, could you get me some chocolate."
Cross asked

Lust nodded and left the room. To which Cross stopped working and hid his face in his arms on his desk.
He didn't get much sleep last night, he knew he shouldn't be sleeping while he was working, but he figured he could let his eyes close for a moment, and before he knew it he fell asleep.
.
.
.
Ten minutes later, Lust came back into his office with the chocolate he requested and found him asleep. Shaking his head smiling, he didn't dare wake his superior up and let him rest, after all they had. A few hours before they needed to go to town.

~~~~~~~~~

As they walked together, Cross smiled at the crowd. Many gave gifts or showed gratitude towards them, and Cross couldn't help but admire the town and those kind-hearted around him.

As usual, Lust accompanied him, not too far behind him - Along with some guardsmen - After all, he is the 'Queens right hand-man'.

Either way, the 'couple' carried on walking and sometimes stopping to talk with the town folks. It really felt like a parade. But a certain Ice shop caught Cross' eyes. It's been a while since he had nice cream. He was dying to just get one but having to hold himself back.

Lust noticed and giggled, catching Cross's attention.
"Do you want some, Your Majesty?"
Lust asked, smirking.

Cross got flustered upon realizing he was caught staring at the ice shop,
But shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I ate not long ago."
Cross replied, chuckling.

Then Nightmare spoke out of nowhere, scaring Cross out of his mind.

"If you want some, then just get it."

Cross turned his head to look at him, then at the shop, and smiled. He beckoned Lust over so he could get him a small cup of chocolate ice cream, Yum!

Nightmare sighed and went back to his endeavors with the 'lords' and his ministers.

Cross looked after him, frowning.
But his attention was brought back to Lust, who offered him his ice cream. Cross glady took it and began to eat it, savoring the cold dessert.

And they continued walking until they reached town square, where more Lord and lady's were welcoming them.

Cross had finished his treat by then and seemed content. Until a little girl approached them - or rather approached him.

She looked to be no more than nine years old, dressed in a long sky blue dress and blonde hair, she was a human, or atleast he assumed she was only a human.

"Hello, Your Majesty."
She waved at Cross, who gently waved back.

"Hello."
He replied.
"What's your name?"

"My name is Savanah!"
She said enthusiastically.

Cross found her adorable. He got down on one knee to be more at eye level with her.

''Nice to meet you, Savanah."
Cross smiled at her.
"Are your parents here?"

"Yea! My Mommy and Daddy are saying hello to the King."
She pointed out, Cross looked in that direction to see Nightmare was indeed talking to what appeared to be a couple.

They looked happy...

Cross smiled sadly before the little girl got his attention again.
Are you guys really in love?"
Savanah asked.

Huh?

"Pardon?"

"You and the King, are you guys really as in love as everyone says you are!!"
Savanah was basically bouncing up and down.

"Oh- well we.."
Cross was caught off guard by a simple question, and he wasn't about to crush her spirit.

"Yes, we really are."
He replied, smiling.

This little girl seemed to have stars in her eyes when he said this.

"So it's true! I hear everyone talk about you and the King. And how you both seem madly inlove!"
She continued.

'Madly inlove huh..'
Cross thought, wow did they really REALLY fool everyone?

"But...Your Majesty, you seem sad."
She suddenly said, she stopped smiling and looked to now wear a confused expression.

"Oh! Don't worry about it Hun, I'm just alittle tired."
Cross replied, faking a small smile.
(Have many times has he faked it today?)

"Are you sure? You were looking at the King sadly.."

Oh-

"Savanah i-"

She spoke over him.

"Did he do something Your Majesty.."
She asked, her expression being one of sadness.

Cross didn't say anything, for a 9 year old she seemed so sharp with her observation.

He didnt say anything for a minute until he chuckled, smiling again he said.
"Savanah, The King didn't do anything to me. He never did and promised he never will."

She seemed to lighten up a bit as he continued to speak.

"He tells me he loves me everyday when I wake up and every night when I go to sleep."
He held her hands in his gently.

"He's kind and supportive, and I love him for that."
He said.

"So! So! You guys really love eachother!"
She asked again, her little enthusiasm was back, Cross was happy about that.

"With every last bit of our souls."
He chuckled.

Savanah shrieked with happiness and flung her arms around Cross.
The action was sudden but he wasn't to affected by that, but it reminded him of some monsters back home...

His brothers, the hugs they gave eachother...Started pricking Cross' eyes and he gladly hugged the little girl back, hearing her giggle.

Lust was watching the whole exchange -might I add he wasn't the only one - it warmed the soul to see, but Cross's words and expression brought a tear to his own eyes but he quickly brushed them away and maintained composure.

They pulled away from the hug, both smiling, albeit Cross's smile was more of a happy-sad type of smile.

"Savanah!"
A women called, he assumed it was her mother.

"Oh,Your Majesty are you alright?"
The lady said, most likely because of the tears in his eyes.

He stood up as Savanah returned to her mother's side- still smiling.

"Yes, I'm alright, they're just happy tears."
He wiped them away and attempted not to let anymore out.

"Your daughters adorable."
He commented.

"Aw, thank you, Your Majesty."
The lady replied, bowing her head alittle.

He waved at the family as they walked away, he then frowned? Remember the gently hug and the words he told the little girl.

'Did I really just lie...to a kid..'

"......"

Blocking everything out. He closed his eyes for a moment, feeling tears prick them again.
'Dont cry Cross!, not in public!'
He scolded himself.

He jumped feeling a hand on his shoulder. Turning to the owner he saw it was Nightmare.

"Cross, are you alright?"
He gently asked.

Cross wasn't sure what he was doing
He still had tears in his eyes and he wasn't thinking clearly when he wrapped his arms around Nightmare, hugging him.

Now the King was caught off guard by the action, about to question Cross but he didn't get the chance to as he heard the smaller sniffling.
He was crying.

He quickly wrapped his arms around Cross, pulling him closer.
"Cross? Whats wrong?"
He didn't get an answer, feeling the smallers grip on him tightened.

They were still out in public, everyone was watching the whole ordeal, some worried something happened to Cross, the guards and the servants were asking Lust questions on what happened.

"I'm sorry..."
Cross whispered for Nightmare hear.
"I-Im really sorry..."

Nightmare sighed, he was at loss.
"Try to calm down."
He told the other, rubbing his back gently.

"Do you want to go back to the castle?" He gently asked the smaller, who nodded in confirmation.

With that Nightmare started ordering the other's around and apologized to the townfolk about the visit being cut short.

And with that he quickly and gently picked Cross up bridal style and they began to head back to the palace.

~~~~~~~~

As soon as they arrived at the palace, Nightmare took Cross straight to his room. Cross didn't say anything on the way, he was still crying, although he has mostly calmed down by now.

'Goodness...I'm pathetic'
The smaller thought. It was the only thing on his mind, how couldn't it be when In situations like these Is where his father would call him weak and pathetic.

He would berate him, and sometimes physically 'discipline' was used to straighten him up.

He whimpered at the memory.

But snapped out of it when he felt himself being placed on the tallers lap.
He looked up and saw he was in his room and they were sat on his bed.

He whined when he felt Nightmare wipe his tears away.
Even so, non of them spoke, not for a few minutes atleast.

"......"

"What happened"
The taller broke the silence.

Cross gripped onto Nightmares chest, what was he supposed to say?
"I..."

Dammit. He was already tired and sensitive- can today get any worse!?

"I'm sorry..I was just having alittle conversation with the little girl.."
He answered. Hiding his face in the others chest.

Nightmare raised a brow.

"Just a conversation?"

"......"

"It was about us...she wanted to know if we...loved eachother."
Cross replied.
"A-and i lied...I lied to her, but she was so happy about it..."

Nightmare narrowed his eye, his grip on Cross tightened.

The smaller felt tears fall down his face again, he muffled a sob before continuing.
"She hugged me..."
He hid his face in the others chest again, gripping onto his clothes.

"I haven't r-received any g-genuine physical c-contact like t-that in years..."

Cross kept crying. Nightmare, on the other hand was- still at Loss for words. He doesn't know what to say as he was never the type to comfort someone.

Wiping Cross' tears again, he held him closer, rubbing his back soothingly as he waited for Cross to calm down.

30 minutes later did Cross finally calm down, little hiccups here and there but he settled down.

He still pressed himself onto Nights chest, he didn't want to move. As stated before, he never really had this form of physical contact. And despite how they acted towards eachother Cross didn't mind this. It felt nice...

Cross yawned. He was tired.
The taller noticed and gently placed a kiss on his forehead before placing Cross on the bed.
"Get some rest fluffball..."
He was ready to leave when the other held his arm. Almost pleading for him to stay.

Nightmare debated whether he should or not, but Cross whined and pulled him weakly. Thus, he made the decision to stay and cuddle up with Cross under the sheets.

~~~~~~~~~~~
.
.
.
.

Cross cracked his eyes open, squinting a bit. He groaned, feeling like crap, he didn't pay much mind to his surroundings or the warmth around him.

He pressed himself onto the hard pillow infront of him for more warmth..Wait- a hard pillow?

He quickly looked up, startled to find Nightmare in bed with him. This was unexpected and the other was still sleeping, he looked... peaceful.

His expression softened at the sight.
Even though it was odd to sleep in the same room, he didn't find it in himself to wake him.
Cross gently brought up his hand and lightly traced Nightmares cheek with his pointer finger.

He did this for about one minute 'fore he started pulling his hand away, he jumped when he felt the other grabbed his hand and opened his eye.

Cross started sweating-
Was he awake the whole time!?

But Nightmare didn't really do anything, he just held his hand in his and hummed lowly.
"Your hands are soft.."

"You w-were awake this whole time?"
The smaller asked.

The King let go his hand and nuzzled his head onto the crook of Cross' neck.
"I woke up an hour ago, just waiting on you to wake up.."

Cross was more than confused by the action, why were they in bed together? Why were they cuddled up to one another? And why isn't Nightmare pushing him away?

Then, the memory from yesterday flashed in his head.
'Oh, that's why..'
He thought.
So this was nothing more than pity, was it?

He felt the other pull away and off the bed, stretching.
"Take a break today if you need too, I'll head downstairs, I've been gone long enough."
He said, kissing the smallers forehead before leaving.

Cross sat up in bed.

'Did he...'

Meanwhile with Nightmare.

The taller had a hand to his face, groaning.

'Dammit Cross...'
He thought, blushing.

Tch.
'Idiot..'

~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a few weeks since that day. You could say it got alittle better from there, but Nightmare still had his stubbornness.

First, it was sweet little gestures given to Cross from time to time.
Other times he'd see Nightmare staring at him from across the room and quickly avert his gaze once they make eye-contact.

This really confused Cross, wasn't the other supposed to hate him?
But even then...it felt nice to him. It doesnt mean Cross forgave the King. But If it keeps up then maybe, Just maybe it wouldn't be so bad here..
.
.
.
.
.
.

So now here they were, preparing for another ball as it was mandatory, this time, for the first time since the wedding - Cross' Father was attending .

It shook Cross to his core, he didn't wish to see that man again. But he hid it deep down and forced a smile.

"Your Majesty? Are you alright?"
Lust asked, snapping him out of his daze.

"Oh, yes! I'm okay."
He replied, he really had a habit of spacing out.

"C'mon we should go."
And he started walking towards the ballroom, Lust stared after him for a moment before he caught up. Cross was uneasy about something, it was noticeable.

But he didn't question his superior further as they finally made it to the ball, doors opened and Nightmare was already inside. He appeared to be talking to someone...

Cross fell anxious at realizing the King was talking to his Father, X.
He walked up to then, greeting them both with a fake expression.

"Ah, Cross you made it. How have you been, Son?"
X asked Cross, sipping his wine.

"I-I've been good, Father. How are you?"
He asked, Nightmare placing a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm alright, but i could be better."
X replied. Tilting his head.

Cross nodded, his hands gripped one another as he tried keeping his composure. Nightmare squeezed his shoulder, getting his attention.

He turned his head to look at the King, Nightmare nodded his head towards a certain direction. The smaller understood and nodded.

"Excuse us."
Nightmare said before leading both him and Cross out of the ballroom and onto the hallway.

"....."

"If you don't want to attend tonight, then you can go find your rest Cross."
Nightmare suggested.

Cross looked at him.
"No, it's alright. I'll be fine."

The other didn't believe him.
Cupping his cheek.

"Your scared, I can tell. Why is that?"
He gently asked. Caressing his cheek with his thumb.

"No reason, I'm alright..just alittle out of it right now."
Cross replied, slightly smiling.

"...."

The King sighed.
"Alright, if you say so.."
He let go of his cheek and walked back into the ballroom, leaving Cross alone. Or so he thought.

"Really Cross?"
Cross jumped- out of his skin if he had any- when he heard the voice.

Looking in the direction of the owner he saw it was X, he followed him..?

"F-Father!"

______________________________________

Ight so imma cut this short cuz it's already long and I'll make the next part.

Sorry :p
but I hope you enjoyed

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 1.1K 43
Enjoy these one shots [⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ MATURE CONTENT]
9.4K 355 28
-Mainly crossmare- Dream had a crush on cross for a very long time but cross fell in love with Nightmare soon enough both started dating Dream was he...
32.8K 463 14
I'm not updating anymore, but these are just some shitty oneshots of good ships.