SERENDIPITY ~ A. Chase

By -laurelwreaths

SERENDIPITY | "She wasn't expecting serendipity. Especially, not in her life or with her enemy." โ”€the effect... More

SERENDIPITY
Playlists
Graphics
Act 1
ii ~ Capture the Flag
iii ~ Quest of Death
iv ~ Bus Goes Boom
v ~ Killing a Snake Lady
vi ~ A Positively Precious Pink Poodle
vii ~ Kelphead Basically Dies . . . Again
viii ~ Check Fugitive Friend Off The List
ix ~ Lunch with Father Dearest
x ~ What's Black and White and Free in Vegas
xi ~ A Free Crusty Dusty Height Adjustment
xii ~ Three Heads Is Better Than One
xiii ~ We've Been Fooled, What a Surprise
xiv ~ Warpath's Dad Gets a Shower
xv ~ Frenemies Isn't the Worst
xvi ~ Betrayal By a Friend, The Worst Kind
Act 2
i ~ Bullriding At Its Finest
ii ~ There is... Some Family Resemblance
iii ~ Yay, Monstrous Man-eating Birds
iv ~ Lava is Great Dish Soap
v ~ Trespassing on the Princess Andromeda
vi ~ Well, Luke's a Bitch
vii ~ Hey Sis... Long Time No See
viii ~ Cassie and Clarisse are an Explosive Duo
ix ~ An Island of Pretty Ladies? Sign Cassie Up!
x ~ Brainiac Gets Serenaded But Not By Cass
xi ~ Trying to Avoid the Belly of the Beast
xii ~ A Cocky Cyclops Gets Caught in a Chasm
xiii ~ A Brutal Battle Between Three Brothers
xiv ~ Guess What! Luke is Back, Back Again
xv ~ Cassie Gets Yeeted and Percy's Almost Defeated
xvi ~ Lacking Letters and Chariot Racing Take Two
xvii ~ Another Pawn Comes Into Play
Act 3
i ~ Doubtful Yet Delightful Dancing
ii ~ Brainiac Falls Off A Cliff
iii ~ Pitching Camp and Troublesome Decisions
iv ~ Lesson Learned, Thalia Can't Drive
v ~ Angering the Wine Dude and Nasty Nightmares
vi ~ The Oracle Comes To Visit
vii ~ The Crew's All Together
viii ~ The Nemean Lion Gets a Nauseating Snack
ix ~ A Friendly Chat with the Fabulous 'Fred'
x ~ Saddling up the Erymanthian Boar
xi ~ Gossiping with the Goddess of Love
xii ~ Deadly Disaster in the Desert

i ~ Toilet Troubles

3K 167 128
By -laurelwreaths

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter one ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
001. Toilet Troubles

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie was not thrilled to be soaking wet in toilet water, but it wasn't her fault.

More of a 'in the wrong place' situation and 'against her will'. Clarisse had dragged her to go harass the new kid.

Cassie didn't want to, but she didn't complain. It was better to just agree with anything her sister said.

"Well! A newbie!" Clarisse called out and Cassie lifted her gaze.

There stood the new boy and ugh . . . Annabeth Chase. Cassie thought the blonde was insufferable.

They didn't get along at all. Every conversation started an argument and both girls were stubborn, so the fighting never ended.

All the campers knew to steer clear when the two were near each other.

Percy recognized Clarisse as the girl from the red cabin. Behind her, he saw two other girls with the same ugliness. They were all big and mean.

Then, in the far back, Percy spotted Cassie. She wasn't as mean looking like the other girls and seemed bored.

Her light brown hair was choppy and cut in uneven layers. She had bangs, but they were also messy and jagged.

Unlike the three, she wasn't wearing a camo jacket. She had an orange camp shirt, jean shorts, and a red cardigan. It matched with her red converse high tops.

Her emerald green eyes glared in Percy's direction, but he realized he wasn't the one she was glaring at.

Annabeth was the receiver of the harsh look, and she gave one of her own. The two had a staring contest, but Annabeth broke away to turn to Clarisse.

"Clarisse, why don't you go polish your spear or something." Annabeth suggested, annoyed.

"Sure Miss Princess. So, I can run you through with it Friday night." Clarisse agreed.

"Erre es korakas!" Annabeth insulted.

Percy understood it was Greek and somehow translated it. 'Go for the crows.' It was a worse curse than it sounded.

"You don't stand a chance."

Clarisse kept up her confidence. "We'll pulverize you."

Her eye twitched showing Percy that maybe she wasn't as confident as she seemed. Cassie scoffed.

"Good threat, blondie. I'm totally scared now. Though I do love the confidence, but you're gonna lose." Cassie mocked.

"Shut up, Carter. And don't call me that." Annabeth demanded.

Cassie stared at her blankly. "Like I listen to what you say, Chase."

Annabeth went to respond, but Clarisse interrupted her.

"Who's this little runt?" She was talking about Percy.

"Percy Jackson, meet Clarisse, daughter of Ares."

"Like. . . the war god." Percy asked dumbly.

"Yeah." Cassie confirmed, but Clarisse wasn't as nice.

"You got a problem with that?" She scorned.

"No, it explains the bad smell." Percy recovered and Cassie's mouth fell open in fake offense.

"Ouch." She muttered to herself.

"We got an initiation ceremony for newbies, Prissy," Clarisse said.

"Percy."

"Whatever. Come on, I'll show you."

"Clarisse—" Annabeth tried.

"Stay out of it Wise Girl."

Annabeth didn't want to, but she didn't say anything. Percy had to make his own reputation as the new kid.

He handed Annabeth the minotaur horn, preparing for a fight. Clarisse had other plans and dragged Percy to the bathrooms by his neck.

Percy was squirming to get out of Clarisse's grip but it was strong, really strong.

They got to the bathrooms which had toilets on one side and showers on the other. It looked exactly like every other public place bathrooms.

Clarisse's two other mean friends laughed, and Cassie was debating whether or not to get involved. She was stuck next to Annabeth as both watched.

"Like he's 'Big Three' material," Clarisse scoffed as she shoved Percy closer to the toilets. "Yeah, right. Minotaur probably fell over laughing, he was so stupid looking."

Her friend snickered. Annabeth stood in the corner watching through her fingers, next to Cassie who was grimacing. This wasn't going to end well.

Clarisse bent Percy over onto his knees and started pushing his head toward the toilet. It stunk of rust and bathroom odors.

Percy tried to keep his head up away from the bowl. He wasn't planning on getting toilet water in his face.

Then the plumbing rumbled, and the pipes shook. Water came shooting out over Percy, soaking Clarisse.

Percy went down as she shouted behind him. He turned to face her just as more water shot from the toilet into Clarisse's face. She fell down from the amount.

Her two friends went to help her, but water sprayed from the other toilets and hit them.

The showers started acting weird too and shot water at the three girls.

They were washed away out of the bathroom and the water shut off.

The entire bathroom was soaked. Annabeth and Cassie stood in the corner, dripping wet.

They hadn't been pushed out and were in the exact same spot as before.

Annabeth stood in shock, but Cassie was trying to get the water out of her hair. Toilet water wasn't her jam.

Percy was sitting in the only dry spot of the entire room. Not a single drop of water had gotten on him.

"How did you—" Annabeth finally spoke up.

"I don't know."

The three walked to the door and Cassie cringed when she saw Clarisse on the floor in the mud. That was not gonna be good for the newbie.

Campers had gathered around, after seeing Clarisse on the ground. Her hair had fallen into her face and her clothes were sopping wet. Everything smelt like sewage.

Clarisse glared at Percy. "You are dead new boy. You are totally dead."

Percy decided to fuel the fire. "You want to gargle with toilet water again, Clarise? Close your mouth."

Clarisse went to rush forward, but Cassie stopped her. "Clarisse, don't! Don't just sit there, come help."

The other two girls got up and dragged Clarisse away. Everyone moved out of the way when she walked past.

Annabeth stared at Percy. Cassie could tell she was impressed.

"What? What are you thinking?" Percy demanded.

"I'm thinking that I want you on my team for capture the flag." Annabeth informed.

Cassie rolled her eyes and Percy glanced at her. He scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry about the uh . . . water."

Cassie waved her hand dismissively. "It's fine, gives me an excuse to skip arts and crafts."

Percy was surprised. Cassie was obviously friends, maybe siblings, with Clarisse, but she didn't even care about what had happened.

"But what about Clarisse? Aren't you mad I. . you know."

Cassie shook her head. "Nope. She was trying to give you a swirling, so she deserved. Oh yeah, sorry about her by the way. My sister is just a joy to society."

"She's your sister?"

"Believe it or not."

Annabeth huffed. "It's not hard to believe. Annoyingness is passed down the tree."

Cassie ignored her. "Well, I got to go. If I spend more than 5 minutes around Chase, I might die of boredom. Good job newbie. I'll see you around."

She saluted towards Percy and swiveled around to walk in the opposite direction.

"Good riddance." Annabeth mumbled a bit louder than she expected.

"I heard that." Cassie called, flipping Annabeth the bird as she continued her walk.

"I know."

It was obvious that she hadn't known from the heat on her cheeks.

"So, what's her name?" Percy questioned. Cassie seemed cool to him.

"Don't bother. She's a waste of time anyways."

Percy didn't push Annabeth any further. There was an evident dislike between the two.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Cassie stayed away from her cabin the rest of the time before dinner.

Clarisse was cooling down and no one wanted to get in her way. She joined her siblings in the pavilion.

Percy was sat at the Hermes Cabin, barely on the bench. He was glancing at the other tables.

Grover was sitting at the Dionysus table with some other satyrs. Dionysus and his sons, Castor and Pollux were also at the table. Chiron was standing on the side because he didn't fit on the table.

Annabeth sat at table six with all her siblings. They all shared the same honey blonde hair and startling gray eyes.

Clarisse sat behind Percy at Ares' table, cabin five. She had calmed down from the bathroom incident and was laughing with all her friends.

Cassie also sat at table five. She was laughing occasionally but was distracted reading a book.

She felt Percy's gaze and flashed him a peace sign. Percy waved back.

Everyone quieted down once Chiron stomped his hoof against the floor. He raised his glass.

"To the gods!"

Everyone copied his actions. "To the gods!"

Wood nymphs came forward carrying food. Percy had and empty glass and Luke explained that he could drink whatever he wanted. He chose blue cherry coke.

Cassie was filling her plate with fruit and a cheeseburger. She also grabbed a steak and had dr. pepper.

She got up and walked to the flame in the center of the room. Tossing the steak in she prayed to her dad.

"Ares," she mumbled half-heartedly.

Returning to her seat, Cassie started eating as she read her book. Chiron got their attention again after most of the campers had finished. Mr. D stood up, sighing.

"Yes, I suppose I'd better say hello to all you brats. Well, hello. Our activity director, Chiron, says the next capture the flag is Friday. Cabin five presently holds the laurels."

Cassie's siblings cheered and Cassie caught Annabeth gaze. She smirked at the blonde proudly. Annabeth scoffed and rolled her eyes. Her siblings were teasing her and 'oooo'ing.

"Shut up!" Annabeth turned around, away from Cassie's irritating stare and hushed her siblings.

"Personally, I couldn't care less, but congratulations. Also, I should tell you that we have a new camper today. Peter Johnson." Dionysus continued, getting Percy's name terribly wrong.

Chiron corrected him.

"Er, Percy Jackson. That's right, Hurrah, and all that. Now run along to your silly campfire. Go on."

Everybody cheered as they headed to the amphitheater. Apollo Cabin led the sing-along as usual.

They sang songs about the gods and ate smores. Everyone was joking around, and Percy felt at home. No one judged him and he fit right in.

Soon, the conch horn blew and they all headed back to their cabins.

__________________________________________

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ author's note

Hey guys, this is my first fanfic so I enjoy constructive criticism. I also live for the comments on stories so don't be shy. Happy reading (:

—Just Another Overthinker

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57K 2.7K 57
On this spring day, tell me you love me. Otherwise, it'll be gone in the cold, winter winds. โ”โ”โ” Percy Jackson & the Olympians FE...
5.7K 245 9
A house of cards โ” one wrong move and it's all fallen apart. Just like that. And it's all your fault. โ”โ”โ” Percy Jackson & the Olympians ...
268K 4.5K 48
For the past year, Perseus Jackson has been a worldwide phenomenon, a singer who has taken the world by storm. And has a crush on humble, aspiring, j...