Lessons

By Astra-Luna

Techno is a broken kid, but he doesn't hold himself like one. He doesn't trust people, he's learned that from... More

Lesson 1: Do not talk back, don't speak unless spoken to.
People are awful (but I'll pretend to like them for you)
Why are you so nice to me? (what will you do?)
Stab me in the heart, not the back (it's how I like my pain)
Stop playing it isn't fun anymore (it was never fun)
People can't love (more importantly, I can't)
Learning to trust is hard (you have to trust to learn)
I will be patient forever (for you to come around)
I can dance and play all day (if you'll let me)
Every step forward (is three more back)
Bravery is just pretending not to care (even if it hurts)
A matter of love (why can't I fix it?)
I love you (I wish you didn't)
Grief is an awful thing (I feel broken)
Please understand (why can't you see)
I'm here for you (I won't let you fall)
Help me, Help me (I'm deteriorating slowly)
I can't do this (I wish I could)
You want to play? (Game on)
Bravery isn't just willing to fight (it is also choosing to lay down the sword)
They lie (when they say it feels better)
Brutal is life (but if it wasn't, would we be living?)
Rule no. 15: brother by soul if not blood
Lesson 25: Promises are best kept

It's not your fault (it never was)

85 7 23
By Astra-Luna

TW: PTSD, verbal abuse, emotional abuse, manipulation, gaslighting, derogatory term used (sl#t), mentioned drugs, implied drunk, swearing (like, a lot) physical abuse,
Please let me know if I missed any

Wilbur watched with a sigh as Tommy and Techno sparred. They liked sparring, and Wilbur did not, but he liked watching. So it was a win win win.

That was, if they weren't where they were right now.

"Are you sure he's not from a gang William?" Pop asked from his spot on the porch.

Wilbur bit down a sigh. "It's Wilbur, and yes, I'm sure he is not from a gang."

"Bah, Wilbur is such an inferior name to William. And how do you know, he looks like you picked him up off the street, all scarred up and mean."

The brunette bristled, "I quite like my name, and would appreciate you calling me my proper name, and Techno is a very kind person." He would not hand them any leverage against Techno. Not the way his own mother and father did to him.

"It does seem like something your parents would do though, pick up someone off the street?" He continued, bulldozing over Wilbur's voice.

He might be older, stronger and smarter, but he's never felt so small and weak.

He called up what Techno had said, countering it, making things seem like their fault. "I wouldn't think, you of all people to bad mouth your son and daughter in-law. But who am I to judge? Clearly you no longer know who you're talking about." He said pittyingly.

"How dare you say such a thing? You have no right to talk about this kind of thing you little mistake."

Ah the mandra he's heard thousands of times over.

"You used to be so good, so quiet, your parents obviously raised you wrong William, they should've left you in our care. But your mother was a sl#t and had to have another child. Whisked you away, and now you're like this. At least you were tolerable when you were younger."

Wilbur clenched his fists from where they were held behind his back. "You do not call my mother that." He snarled through gritted teeth.

Techno sauntered up with a polite, "Good afternoon." And began chatting up Pop while Wilbur seethed.

Something that was said made Pop laugh, and that drew Wilbur back.

"Technoblade is such a stupid name. If you wanted to cover up that you were in a gang, you should've picked a more normal name."

Wilbur saw the strawberry blond wring his hand out behind his back, but he kept his voice level, even, and his face blank as ever.

"Well, I'm not interested in having a monotonous name like you do, or the monotonous life that you have."

He said it so perfectly, it could've passed as a statement. But soon enough, Pop was scowling at him. "Least I don't do drugs and mug innocent people."

"At least I don't make assumptions on people based on what they look like." Techno was very odd, he didn't play into the argument, keeping everything very monotoned.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Pop challenged.

"It means you're a judgemental old man who would rather make assumptions about people than actually learn what the fuck happened in their lives that left scars on them."

"Well, if you're so inclined, tell me, what happened to you?" The former leered.

"I will not tell you, because it won't matter, and you are not entitled to anything about me or my past." Techno countered.

"Why? I'm your family now."

"Because you don't deserve it." Techno said flatly. "And I've had more families that you and ten of your friends combined so zip it."

Pop looked furious, and began saying half coherent things to Techno.

He then turned to Wilbur, "William, surely you have respect for your Min and Pop, tell your fake brother why respecting elders is important."

Wilbur didn't say anything.

"Tell him you damn mistake!" He half shouted.

"My name is Wilbur Soot." The brunette said, almost timidly.

Techno gave him a small thumbs up.

"What about your dumb name? And you forgot your last name."

"My name is Wilbur Soot, and if you don't have the decency to call me by my actual name, then why should I be showing that courtesy to you?"

"Because you are a mistake." He hissed. "Someone who should've never existed. You are at fault for my son marrying that woman. You are at fault for us being stuck with you. And now you are being an ungrateful piece of shit. You are a mistake, and you will never amount to anything in the world."

"Don't talk to my brother like that." It was calm, and almost quiet, but steeped in rage. "You have absolutely no right to talk to my brother like that."

"You have no right-"

But Techno bulldozed over him, talking over him. "I have every fucking right! I have every fucking right to say whatever I want, and there's nothing you can do to stop me." He said the last part as if it were a challenge.

Pop took that challenge, and punched Techno square in the face.

Tommy came over, yelling like the gremlin he was. "I thought Mum and Dad said no hitting."

"This is big kid stuff." Wilbur said softly. Ushering Tommy inside.

"No fair, I'm a big man! I want to punch someone." But he left, and Techno laughed. It sounded psychotic.

"You really think, after ten years of foster homes and abuse, that that would send me keeling over?"

"Maybe not you, but Willam doesn't have that experience yet."

Techno practically shoved them into the house, and they ran upstairs to the room they shared where they closed the door, and sat against it.

"I'm so sorry Techno." Was the first thing said.

"For what?"

"For all this. It would've been best if I just kept my stupid problems to myself." Wilbur scrubbed a hand down his face. "Pop's right about one thing. All that has happened, it's my fault." His voice cracked at the end.

"Don't say that Wilbur." Techno said from beside him. "You are an amazing person, and an amazing brother.

"No I'm not Technoblade. I'm a mistake, a burden to everyone, and a screw up, who won't amount to anything much."

"Don't say that, without you. I'd never even begun to warm up to this family. Without you, Phil and Kristen might not have gotten married. Wilbur without you, there would be no Tommy. I'd still be in the orphanage, waiting out my graduation. Without you, there would be no Tommy Watson, not Technoblade Watson, and no Wilbur Soot Watson."

Techno said it with as much confidence and determination as he did anger and passion.

Wilbur hugged him, which, in hind sight, maybe not the best idea, but Techno hugged back, and all that mattered was that they had eachother.

● ● ●

There was a knock at the door and Phil, Kristen and Tommy came in.

"Tommy told us what happened."

_______________________________

I was going to write the family talking, but we're already at 1180 some words so, later.

I do sensor derogatory phrases and words because they are derogatory, they are meant to degrade people. I used it because the older generations throw those words around more.

Tell me how I did, because I want to represent verbal abuse in a non stereotypical way, because it comes in many forms.

I'm not good at writing much manipulation, as odd as it is, I am much better at writing physical abuse, even though I know all the best words for emotional degrading. :)

Who knows.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 631 16
helo this is my second story and i haven't seen to much of ranboo so please enjoy ranboo is 15 in this he has bad memory loss his parents died whe...
576 7 19
Everything is normal in the Minecraft house until a certain little bee boy shows up. "Tubbo?!?!" I look down at the crying boy with blood knotted thr...
15.2K 460 21
Wilbur has been in the foster care system for 14 years, he has picked up some bad habits along the way. When he gets sent to Phil's he thinks its gon...
5.9K 204 21
Techno has been in an orphanage for 12 years and is almost old enough to move out. But what happens if he gets adopted and starts to get attached to...