Crossmare one-shots (REQUEST...

Od Midnightgacha8

just some Crossmare for the soul Více

Hello!
Are we Ready?
doubt?
progress(Doubt?)
A baby's cry
Passionate
Jealousy
Nightmares
Arranged Marriage
Arranged Marriage (Pt 2)
Confession
Arranged Marriage (pt3)
Meeting again
Fooling around
Can't Sleep love?
Kids Am I right?
A Mothers love
Insecurities
Forced Marriage (pt2)
Forced Marriage (pt3)
Mafia
Just a Bite..
Missing his touch...
Proposal
I Lost Them...
Cross being Cross
One-sided Love
A Passionate Night
A Dance
I Lost them...(pt2)
Sweet Gestures
A/N
Sick
One-sided Love (Pt 2)
A Small Mistake

Forced Marriage

528 21 10
Od Midnightgacha8

This one is rather different, okay?
And no, it doesn't relate to the other 'Arranged Marriage' one-shots.

This is a royal AU (again)
Enjoy

Yall want a part 2 but with a happy ending-?
______________________________________
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And that was it..he was married..
Or rather they were married; Cross and Nightmare..

It was forced upon them by the higher ups that they marry for - whatever the reason was, they didn't give Cross much Intel on why.

And despite desperately pleading to know the answer or begging to know why he was chosen, they didn't pay much mind to him.

And so...he was Married to the Lord of Darkness, how fun..

They did what they were supposed to do when they got married, they put on fake smiles, acting as if they were happy to be together and having others throw them a party, and they consummated the marriage just to get it over with.

But deep down, they don't feel happy, but the public doesn't know that. After all, they have been pretty good at keeping up they act for months now.

But only a few monsters seemed to know how it is behind close doors, and those monsters were those that personally served both Nightmare and Cross.
.
.
.
.

Cross was sitting in bed. Thankfully, he had his own room and didn't sleep with Nightmare. It's not like he wanted to anyways. The other was rude and selfish, and he treated Cross like some sort of doormat. Night behaved as if Cross wasn't even in the castle with him and the only time they ever said anything to eachother was when they had to be seen in public or if they had affairs too run. 

Cross sighed, he didn't want to get up but he knew he had to, so he did and went straight to the bathroom to bathe and wash off those tear marks from last night.

Yes, he cried, and it was usually from pent-up anger and frustration, stress and sadness. All these really took a toll on Cross' mental health.

Finally he finished and left his room after changing, ready for todays endeavors. There, he met with his personal maid, Lust. Who wore an attire similar to that of a butler.

One of the few who knew about Cross' problems.

"Good morning, your Majesty."
Greeted the servant.

"Morning.."
Cross replied, a small smile on his face

"Breakfast is already made from you. Shall we head downstairs?"
Lust gently asked.

Cross nodded, and they made their way down stairs to the Breakfast room, where Nightmare was already seated on one end of the long royal like table, Cross sat at the other end, and started to eat his breakfast.

Lust patiently waited for Cross to finish as he was a couple steps behind Cross' chair.

No words were spoken between the two royals, which wasn't unusual as they never talked about anything. They didn't even talk at all. Cross used to say his "good mornings" to the other whenever they were in the room. but after being ignored a couple times he stopped.

A couple minutes went by, and Cross was done eating, he was about to get up and leave this forsaken room when Nightmare spoke, startling Cross, but he kept a straight face.

"Be aware that there is a ball being hosted tonight."
The Dark Lord said, making eye contact with Cross.
'Ugh..great'
Cross thought before he nodded in affirmation and left the room.

"Gosh, why must there be another ball." He groaned and leaned onto a wall, Lust beside him.
"As if I don't already have alot to deal with." The smaller pinched his nasal. He was so tired.

"I know it's stressing you out, but there really not much we could do to avoid these things, your Majesty."
Lust said. Sympathy washed over him.

There was a moment of silence.
Just for a moment, Cross huffed in disappointment.

"Lust, don't you ever get tired? Tired of being in a place like this, with no respect given while all I've done is give everyone respect."

Lust hummed, He knew Cross was talking about Nightmare..again.

"Your Majesty, I have never been in your shoes, but I will say that I do get tired from time to time."
Lust replied, crossing his arms.

"I wouldn't want you to be in my shoes either.."
Cross said, he sounded rather beaten up.

"Alright, let's just finish what we need to finish and then we get ready for the ball."
Cross continued, clasping his hands together while putting on a fake smile.

Lust nodded in agreement, also putting on a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours have passed, and it was now around 7pm, which meant he should be downstairs right now as the party begins at 8.

Cross fixed his royal attire, seeing if there was anything wrong with it.
He almost wanted to just escape, maybe hide until morning but it wasn't possible.

He also didn't want to see his 'husband', sounds weird for him to even think about that title, considering how they act towards one another. He knows of other royals who were forced into a marriage like him, such as Reaper and Geno, but unlike his marriage, they ended up falling inlove and appeared to be very happy together.

"Your Majesty?"

Cross snapped out of his thoughts and turned around to see Blue, a servant who had helped him change.

"The Lord is waiting for you downstairs."
Blue continued, bowing his head.

'Oh..'
He thought.

"Alright, I'm ready to go"
Cross replied, smiling.

He made his way downstairs again, Lust walking a couple steps behind him as they made their way towards the ball room.

Nightmare was already by the big double doors and seemed to be waiting on Cross.

"Finally, took you long enough."
The taller snarled.

Cross lowered his head alittle.
"I'm sorry.."

"Whatever, let's get this over with."
He said and offered Cross his hand, and Cross gently took it, and they faked a smile once again and opened to doors to greet those invited.

~~~~~~~~

He was eternally screaming, he just wanted to be in his bed chambers and hide under the covers like he used to do while he was a kid.

But here he was talking with those around him. Cross left Nightmare to his endeavors, Lust was still with Cross but he didn't say a word.

"I wish you the best, your Majesty."
Said a lady dressed in a long black dress.

Thank you, lady Vadim."
Cross said with a smile, Gosh his face was starting to hurt.

Another monster Approached Cross, it was another Royal, Ink, someone who Cross got to know was pretty chill as they chatted a few times.

"Hello, Your Majesty."
Ink said, bowing a little.

"Ink, nice to you see you here!"
Cross beamed.

"Well how could I reject such an invitation."
Ink chuckled.
"Thank you for having Us, and apologies that Error isn't here right now as he is chatting with your Husband."
He pointed out.

Cross laughed.
"It's alright Ink."

Cross felt more relaxed as he continued to talk to Ink, he dismissed Lust so he could take a break.

"Say Your Majesty, are you both planning for an heir?"
Ink suddenly asked, making Cross almost chock on his drink, but he managed to swallow before speaking.

"Um, no were not actually..."
Cross replied stunned.

"Alright then, Just wondering."
Ink said and started pouring himself a drink.

Cross on the other hand placed his drink down on the buffet table next to him, in deep thought.

'Kids? Please- we hardly ever talk, and I don't want to with someone who doesn't give a crap about me..'

Cross hummed, he ignored everyone around him for a moment.

And that was his mistake.

He was jolted out of his thoughts as he heard someone scream.

"YOUR MAJESTY LOOK OUT!"

Cross only had time to turn around and he felt someone grabbed him hard by the shoulder, he noticed the person raised the knife he had in his hand; about to stab him.

Cross didn't have time to react and only shut his eyes as he waited for the knife to strike.
.
.
.
But it didn't, confused -and thankful to be alive- he opened his eyes to see that the person trying to stab him was a male, and said male was held in place by 2 tendrils, one around his  stomach and the other around the hand that held the knife.

Everyone was quiet.

It clicked to Cross that those tendrils belonged to Nightmare, who stood behind the man, growling.

The unknown male dropped the knife as Ink grabbed onto Cross' arm and pulled him aside.

"Now who the HELL are You and WHAT the hell do you THINK your DOING?!"
Nightmare bared his fangs as his voice was heard all over the room.
Guards already by his side.

Cross didn't stick around to find out what would happen as he and Ink left the ballroom with 2 guardsmen following them, seeing as what almost happened and they didn't want a repeat.

Once they were in a different hallway, only then did Cross manage to catch his breath.

"Cross are you alright!?"
Ink asked.

Cross didn't answer and literally fell to his knees on the floor, shocked out of his mind.

'I let my guard down ONCE and THIS happens!!'
He thought.

"Cross!?"
Ink called out, worried for Cross and placed a hand on his back to try and comfort him atleast.

"I-im fine Ink, thanks..."
He finally answered, still looking towards the ground.

"I'm fine..."

"......"

The doors to the hallway opened to reveal the Dark Lord himself, both Cross and Ink looked towards him. Cross stood up from the ground as the taller approached them.

"Ink, Error is looking for you, as for the rest of you, please Leave us."

They all nodded and now Cross was left alone with Nightmare.

"Cross.."

The smaller hummed, signaling he heard.

"What the hell was that!?"
Nightmare raised his tone, making Cross flinch.

"I-Im sorry, I wasn't paying attention i didnt mean to let my guard down!"
Cross replied.

Nightmare huffed, he obviously wasn't happy...

"And what do you think would've happened if I wasn't paying Attention?"
He growled, Cross didn't respond and looked to the ground.

It was a minute of silence between the two. Nightmare was keeping himself from basically yelling and Cross tried not to break down..again

"Thank you..."
Cross said, still avoiding eye-contact.

"What?"
Nightmare asked.

"Thank you for basically saving my life."
Cross said again, as he hugged himself.

Nightmare scoffed.
"Don't think I actually care, there are literal people and monsters who would've seen your blood stain my floor.
He hissed.

Oh....

Cross flinched, those words..actually hurt.

'Right...he doesn't care, he never did.'
The smaller thought as he hugged himself tighter.

Nightmare rolled his eye and turned to leave the room.

"Could you atleast show me some respect..."
The smaller mumbled. Stopping Nightmare in his tracks.

"What.."
He hissed.

Cross clenched his jaw.
"Can't you show me a bit of respect?"
He raised his voice alittle.

Nightmare turned to face him again.
And snarled.

"I have literally done NOTHING to you! And yet you treat me like garbage!"
The smaller continued.

"You came into my home, you live under my roof! I was forced into this fraud of a marriage with you!"
Nightmare roared back.

"You think I wanted this?! I was forced just like you but I haven't shown you an ounce of disrespect!!"
Cross replied.
"So why?!"

"I shouldn't be wasting my time with you, you're a waste of breath."
The Dark Lord snarled.

Cross fell silent, his pupils disappeared for a moment.
Damn..Nightmares words hurt alot for some reason.

"....."

"I'm not asking for much..."
Cross said, looking down at the ground again.
"I just ask that you..show me alittle bit of respect atleast...it's not like I'm asking you to love me."

Nightmare didn't say anything so Cross continued and hugged himself again.

"I-i know you h-hate me as you make it a-abundantly clear everyday...but I don't want to treated like a doormat the rest of my life.."
The smaller had tears in his eyes

Was it really to much to ask for..?

He doesn't want to keep faking his happiness, he doesn't want to be treated crap, he doesn't want to feel like he's worthless...hasn't he done enough to prove otherwise?

The silence was deafening.
But a thought crossed the smaller and he asked.

"Nightmare, were you Inlove with someone...before this."
Cross didn't look up when he asked.
"Is that your reason for hating me? If it is then I'm sorry you couldn't be with that person..."

"....."

"No Cross..I've never been in love."
Nightmare sighed.

Cross hummed but still didn't look up, he felt pathetic.

'Never have I thought I'd ever feel this low...' He thought.
'I wonder how father would look at me now..'

Cross closed his eyes, letting his tears fall down his face
.
.
.
.
.
.
He gasped as he felt his head being pulled up by his chin, and Nightmare closed the gap between them.

Cross was stunned, he didn't expect this, but Nightmare pulled back quickly. letting go of him.

Cross didn't say anything, he couldn't

"That's the closest thing to respect you'll get from me."
Night snarled.
"Don't raise your voice at me again."

And he turned around and left.
Cross was alone,just like he wanted...

His knees gave out and he landed on them, one hand was on the ground and the other around his waist.

Tears fell down his face again, he didn't care to wipe them away, to busy trying to muffle his sobs.

Geez, why didn't anyone tell him that being married to someone that hated him would be this hard....

______________________________________

Yuh, some angst'

Part 2?

Hope you enjoyed

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

10.4K 215 19
I one day decided to make some oneshots with Killermare and it created this. It is going to have other ships too but it is mainly focused on Killer a...
326K 12.3K 38
This is a short collection of Destiel stories. No smut, just fluff. You may even need to go outside so you can shriek.
943 27 13
Heaven? Hell? War.
3.7K 120 15
Criller Story (CrossxKiller)