The Bridgerton and the Counte...

By Bonneybae26

Josephine ( or ' Jo' as she insists) Hyedton, has never been the one that would like to ' settle down' and '... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 33

1.3K 27 0
By Bonneybae26

" SISTER!" Simon called out, as he ran and dropped down next to Jo.

" JOSEPHINE!" Anthony also called as she rushed to her side with the same urgency.

" Stand aside!" Simon said, and he removed the hood of her cloak from her face causing her to stir.

" Oh good god!" Anthony called with relief and clutched his chest.

" Jo!" Collin quickly dismounted his horse and rushed to her side " Oh god please tell me you're okay!"

" I'm fine- ow!" Jo raised up slightly, but felt a sharp pain on the side of her waist and clutched it.

" Are you hurt?!?" Collin pestered, his eyes wide and scanning over Jo's body for any injuries but stopped breathing at the sight of her hand to see blood when she had removed it from her waist.

" Judging by the blood I guess I am," Jo said, eyes wide " You bloody shot me!" She said turning to Anthony.

" What the hell were you playing at?!" Anthony said, rubbing a scared hand over his face.

" Says the man who just shot me!" Jo said, sitting up straighter and with her hand back over her waist.

" You just rode into the middle of a duel!" Anthony cried out.

" Well considering I'm the one who's now bleeding, I don't think you have any right to shout at me!" Jo shouted back, but winced slightly again.

" Doctor come quickly!" Collin called frantically at him.

" No Doctor, not yet," Jo said standing up, with the support of Collins arm " You," Jo said grabbing Daphne by the arm and pushed her in the direction towards some fields " And you, she then gripped Simons arm tighter than Daphnes and shoved him in the direction of Daphne " Talk!"

" Jo-" Anthony said, making a motion to grab Daphne by the arm but Benedict put an arm out to stop him.

" You shot me remember!" Jo stated to Anthony, which made him go quiet " Talk!" Jo urged again " Or shall I be shot over nothing!?"

" Make it brief." Benedict glared at Simon, before the two walked a slight distance and started conversing.

" Doctor's now?" Collin asked Jo as he steadied her.

" Doctor now." Jo nodded, as she began to feel lightheaded.

" Lets see what we have here then," the doctor said as Jo removed her hand from her waist where her night gown was now ripped and bloody " Lucky, very luck you are Miss, why I say if the bullet pierced your skin an inch deeper, I would say there would be nothing I could do here without all my proper instruments." Collin's jaw tensed slightly at that fact, and he held Jo's hands tighter than before.

" But I am lucky, so no need to think about that." Jo squeezed Collins hands reassuringly.

" Yes, but not so lucky where you don't have to avoid stitches, three should do the trick, but I do warn you it's quite painful especially for a woman." The doctor said as he began to fetch the proper tools from inside his bag, to which Jo rolled her eyes. She didn't exactly want to say anything back to him, especially when he was the one about to help help her so instead she laid down awaiting treatment.

" We must resume before someone should find us." Anthony said, as he approached Simon and Daphne, to which Simon nodded in agreement.

" I think not!" Jo called out, but before she could move the doctor had pours alcohol on her wound, caused her to yell with pain and Colin gave her his hands to squeeze " Stop them!" Jo pleaded as she squeezed onto them, but before he could fill her request Daphne had already began to talk.

" There will be no need to resume," Daphne said, causing everyone to turn around and look at her " The duke and I are to be married." She said sadly, and everyone began to look around confused except for Jo, as she was ecstatic.

" Time for the needle." The doctor said, and didn't give Jo a chance to compose herself before he stuck it in her skin, causing her to cry out in pain, and hold on tight to Collin in the process.

***

" Hurry!" Daphne whispered, as the two quickly tried to remove their riding clothes and back into their night gowns ( Jo having to borrow one of Daphnes since hers were torn and bloody).

" I'd love to if I wasn't shot an hour ago!" Jo whispered back, as she tried to shimmy into Daphnes nightgown, causing Daphne to rush over and help her.

" Quick JoJo!" Daphne urged, as she fastened the last part of night gown and jumped into bed.

" Stop rushing me Daph! You know I don't respond well to pressure!" Jo said as she climbed into bed along side Daphne and closed her eyes pretending to be asleep.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.

" Good morning, miss'." Rose said, as she entered the room with Alice preparing to ready the ladies for the day.

" Good morning, miss'." Alice smiled, as Jo and Daphne yawned pretending to wake up.

" Hello Ladies," Daphne smiled, sitting up " Has my mother yet awakened?"

" I believe so miss," Rose said, as she opened up the bedroom curtains " She's retired into the morning room."

" With a nasty headache I may add." Alice added, her eyebrows scrunched worryingly, and Jo and Daphne looked at each other trying to suppress a smile.

" Alice Dear," Jo said, climbing out of bed ( trying not to damage her stitches) " Do you know if my aunt retired home safely."

" Yes Miss she did," Alice smiled " And your father will be returning home later today I am told."

" Thank you Alice," Jo smiled back, and then turned her attentions towards Daphne " Shall we see your mama?"

" Yes." Daphne nervously said, as she began fiddling with her dress.

" But my Ladies," Rose interjected " Will you not ready yourself?"

" No need Rose dear," Jo smiled, and hooked her arm around around Daphnes " Only a dress robe I say, we shan't be long."

***

" Ready?" Jo whispered to Daphne, as she tucked a rouge strand of hair behind Daphnes ear.

" Ready." Daphne whispered back with a tremble in her voice, before she took the hand Jo was using to tuck the piece of hair behind her ear and held it as they walked into the morning room.

" Are you feeling better, dearest?" Violet sighed, as Jo and Daphne walked into the room " Perhaps I, too, caught whatever it was that sent you home early from the party, I have a terrible headache indeed," And dapped a wet cloth on her forehead, while Daphne nervously shuffled about.

Jo saw this, and squeezed Daphnes hand before sitting on the love seat in front of them ( due to her stitches still aching).

" What is it?" Violet said, noticing this interaction and Daphne inhaled quickly.

" I am engaged." Daphne quickly blurted out.

" Oh!" Violets eyebrows raised, and anyone with eyes could clearly see that she wasn't thrilled with the news " Well, that is wonderful news. So, you will be a princess!"

" No." Daphne shook her head.

" No?" Violets eyebrows raised even higher

" No, I will not," Daphne stated " Mama, I am engaged to the duke," Violet Bridgerton was more than confused at this statement, she even looked over to Jo in the chair across from her for some in spoke answers " The duke asked for my hand, and I accepted."

Violets confusion quickly turned into happiness, but then back to confusion again when she didn't see any excitement from Daphne.

" You do not seem pleased. Whatever is wrong?" Violet urged.

" Oh no, no-nothings wrong!" Daphne brushed off " It simply happened so quickly! I've not had a moment to take it in," Violet then shot a look towards Jo, who had taken this time to lean over and take a macaroon from the table in the middle of the two women and nodded in agreement with Daphne.

" But I am overjoyed mama, truly." Daphne said, as Violet stood up ams walked over to her to embrace her daughter.

" Of course you are!" Violet said, bring Daphne into a loving hug " You are to be a duchess! Oh darling!" However over her mothers shoulder, she gave Jo a look that said ' Oh dear' " I knew there was something between you! Ruse or not! Well tell me, tell me everything! How do you feel?!" She then brought out a fan and began to fan herself quickly.

" So in love." Daphne said after a pause, and Violet laughed " Im unsure how I can be expected to wait an entire month to marry," and she shot Jo a look " Could we not obtain a special license to marry this week? I do not wish to lie to you... but the duke and I-"

" You do not need to tell me anything!" Violet quickly said " Whatever happened between the two of you, it is all right. I know good society makes quite a fuss about such things," She looked at both Jo and Daphne " But when it comes to love, such things happen more frequently than one might expect, even your father and I, we had trouble controlling our passions as well, and don't think your parents didn't have their troubles controlling themselves as well Jo," She said turning towards Jo who was making the greatest effort not to listen to this part of the conversation " Your mother and I would gossip all night about the the things we got up too!" She giggled."

" Your drink, ma'am." Wilson said, entering the room.

" Will not be necessary, Wilson. I am feeling much improved! We have a wedding to plan, in three days!" Violet beamed " My darling girl, you are getting what you always wanted, you are marrying for love!" She hugged Daphne once again, and yet again Daphne shot Jo a strained look.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.1M 36.9K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
133K 3.3K 32
After a gorgeous wedding and beautiful honeymoon filled with much laughter and sex. The Uchiha couple had settled down within their lives... but some...
71.3K 1.4K 35
What Elena Lockser wanted was to secure a job in Aiden Inc, which was her dream company and nothing else. She encountered Aiden Crooks, the CEO, also...