Farmeed / One-shot Series

Av YaamiThinksNot

A series of separate, made up scenarios for Farjaad and Umeed. Sharing a little piece of my brainriot with yo... Mer

~ a dreamy proposal ~
~ a shopping saga ~
~"ye mera office hai"~
~taaron se karein baatein~
~ a disaster date? ~
~ a disaster date 2 ~
~ holding on and letting go ~
~ home is wherever I'm with you ~
~chai aur ice-cream?~
~ a cliched date night~
~choti choti khushyaan~
~ one ring is all it takes ~
~ late mornings and celebrations ~
~ chitta kukkar baneray te ~
~it's just a game~
~ through thick and thin ~
~ happy anniversary ~
~ an unwanted dinner ~
~ loving can hurt? ~
~ pretty little lies ~
~ we're a team, right? ~
~ we're a great team! ~
~ the realities of life ~
~ our little fairytale ~
~ you're my medicine ~
~ hello, welcome home~
~ starry night~

~ twinning, or maybe not~

1.2K 58 11
Av YaamiThinksNot

"YE KYA HAI?"

She screamed on the top of her lungs as she ran out of the room and rushed down the stairs. She didn't care about how she practically pushed Sameer on her way. This was an emergency and it had to be solved right away. Reaching the backyard, she resisted the urge to drag Farjaad along with her. 

"Farjaad! Ye kya hai?"

She said in the most composed voice she could muster. Farjaad turned around to look at her, visibly confused at her angry stares. He turned back to face the man and asked him to give him a couple of minutes. 

"Kya kya hai?"

Umeed pulled in a sharp breath. Out of all days, this is when he decides to get on her nerves.

"Ye sab, ye kya hai?"

"Decoration hai Umeed, aur kya hai?"

"Andhi nahi hoon Farjaad, nazar aa raha hai decoration hai. PAR YE KYA KARAYA HAI?"

"Kya hua hai? Wohi hai jo tum ne kaha tha. Kya masla hai?"

Umeed closed her eyes and began taking deep breaths. She was clutching her fists in order to calm himself down. 

"Farjaad. Yaad karein zara, mene kya bola tha aap ko?"

"Yehi bola tha, yellow walay flowers entrance pe lagwanay hein red walon ke saath, aur yahan stage pe yellow aur white walay."

Umeed held her head in her hands and began lightly pulling her hair. 

"Farjaad, mene aap ko bola tha ke entrance pe red, yellow aur white hon gay, aur saath mein fairy lights lagein gi. Aur stage par sirf sides pe lagein gay, WHITE AUR RED"

Farjaad's eyes shifted towards the stage, which was a work in progress, nearing completion, and was almost entirely yellow, and then back at Umeed, who was giving him nasty glares. 

"Acha par dekho, acha to lag raha hai, mehndi ka color to wese bhi yellow hota hai. Nahi?"

Umeed narrowed her eyes at him. 

"Farjaad, school mein aap ko colors ke naam nahi parhaye thay kya? YE PHOOL AAP KO YELLOW NAZAR AA RAHAY HEIN? IS RANG KO ORANGE KEHTAY HEIN!"

Farjaad turned to look at the stage again, which still appeared yellow to him. Or was it borderline orange? He tilted his head to look at it more intently. 

"Yellow hi to hai...."

"FARJAAD!"

"Acha acha, I'm sorry"

"Sorry ko aap ke mein sir mein maaron? Ab aap batayein, kya karein is ka? Theek karnay ka time bhi nahi hai ab to."

"Aisay guzara nahi ho sakta?"

He made the most innocent face, and Umeed almost gave in before remembering that it was her best friend's dholki and that this man ruined it all. 

"Stage pe ye ganday se orange phool kam karwa ke red aur white add karein, aur ab mein kya hi bolon aap ko."

She huffed. 

"Acha na jaan, I'm sorry..."

He tried holding her hand, but she pulled it back. This man was not getting any of her love today, that she was sure about. 

"Waqt nahi hai, jaldi fix karein issay!"

With that, she turned back and left as soon as she came. Farjaad heaved a sigh and walked back to the person in charge of the decor. 

It all began the night Farjaad very courteously offered his services for Haya and Sameer's wedding. Pasha sahab refused him back then, but on Farjaad's continuous insistence, he asked him to take care of the decor and catering during dholki, which he gladly took up. 

"Aap Pasha sahab ko mana hi kar dein, aap se nahi ho ga ye sab"

Umeed had said to him back then, which made him want to do it more. It was now a challenge for Farjaad. 'How hard can it be?' He had thought to himself. But when Umeed started to bombard him with a thousand and one instructions on what the theme was, where the flowers were supposed to be, how she needed the lightening and more, Farjaad realised he had gotten himself in trouble, but it was too late to back out. 

So here he was. Standing in the backyard of Pasha house, trying to argue with the man that he needed them to redo the flowers on the stage, and him arguing back that this was a waste of their time. This was where Farjaad's experience of running a business for years and the amount in his bank came in handy. 

Umeed made it a mission to make sure she ignored Farjaad throughout the function. Every time she would think her anger had subsided, all she needed was one look at the orange flowers on stage, and she would turn around to give Farjaad the nastiest stare ever. She couldn't even rant to Haya as she did not want to bother her, but boy was she angry. 

But there was another issue in this plan too - Farjaad looked too good to resist. Standing there in his black kurta shalwar  topped with an off-white shawl with golden threadwork and his long-ish hair slicked back, it was taking every cell in Umeed's body to not drag him to the side and run her hand through his hair. 

So her only game plan now was to try and stay as far away as him as possible, which clearly wasn't working either. The event was rather intimate anyway. She kept seeing him, and it was driving her mad. Shaking her head at the thoughts, she made her way to the stage where some relative was putting mehndi on Haya's hand. 

Farjaad wasn't having it any easier either. He was in charge of the whole event, which kept him busy, but more often than not, he found himself ignoring the tasks he was doing and just staring at her. He had tried conversing with Umeed a number of times, but was met with the cold shoulder every single time.

Umeed had opted for a black and gold lehnga choli. She was very excited about the idea of them 'twinning' on all events of the wedding. Farjaad smiled to himself, thinking back to the first time they had a conversation over it during a shopping session. 

"Farjaad ye dekhein, ye wala kesa lag raha hai? Mujhe to acha lag raha hai."

He was unable to take his eyes off of her as Umeed walked out in an orange pishwas. It felt like he was looking at her for the first time all over again. She looked like a vision, making him forget how to form words. 

"Farjaaad, helloo, aap se baat kar rahi hoon"

She called out as she waved her hands in front of him. Farjaad blinked, coming back to reality. 

"Huh, uh, kya?"

"Poocha hai ke ye kesa lag raha hai? Itna bura to nahi hai ke aap aisay react karein."

"Uh nahi, nahi nahi bilkul bhi bura nahi hai. In fact buhat zyada acha hai"

He finally managed to form words as he wiped off the sweat drops forming on his forehead. 'Its your wife Farjaad, what is wrong with you?' his brain kept reminding him. 

Umeed's face lit up at his words as she twirled around, her dress twirling with her. 

"Acha hai na? Mujhe bhi buhat acha laga hai"

Farjaad smiled seeing her so happy, taking in a deep breath as he stood there admiring the woman in front of him. Suddenly, Umeed's face fell. 

"Nahi, ye wala nahi le saktay...."

"Kyun? Kya hua? Kyun nahi le saktay?"

"Kyun ke aap to orange rang nahi pehnein gay na!"

She whined. Farjaad furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. 

"Haan to wo to mein nahi pehnoon ga, magar us ka tumharay dress se kya taaluq hai?"

"Kya matlab hai kya taaluq hai? Hum twinning karein gay."

"Kya .... karein gay?"

"Twinning. Yaani hum same colors pehnein gay na saray events pe."

"Hein? Wo kyun?"

Umeed gasped and looked at him as if he were an alien species. Farjaad looked back at her equally confused. 

"Aap issi dunya mein rehtay hein na?"

"Seedhi tarah se batao na, humaray same rungon ke kapray pehan'na kyun zaroori hai? Tumhein jo acha lag raha hai, wo le lo na."

"Zaroori hai! Sab couples twinning kartay hein. Theek hai phir, mein yehi le rahi hoon, aap ke liye bhi orange kurta lein gay."

"Mein nahi pehnoon ga ye rung, jalebi lagoon ga mein!"

"Aap keh rahay hein ke mein is waqt jalebi lag rahi hoon....?"

Umeed raised her eyebrows, almost as if challenging him to even try responding. 

"Nahi nahi, mera wo matlab nahi tha. Mein to apni baat kar raha tha, tum to buhat ...."

But Umeed wasn't there to listen to the rest of his statement, she had already gone back to the changing room. 

Farjaad couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his mouth. Right then, he was brought back to reality by a voice next to him. 

"Farjaad beta!"

"Uh, j-jee Pasha uncle?"

"Beta kahan ghayab ho?"

"Nahi uncle, mene kahan ghayab hona hai, kuch soch raha tha bas. Wo office mein aik masla chal raha hai, bas us ke baray mein."

Pasha sahab gave him a 'yeah sure I believe you' look, which was met by a sheepish smile on Farjaad's face. 

"Acha wo, khanay ki kya position hai? Kab tak lagwana hai?"

The food. Farjaad wanted to punch himself in the face at that exact moment. He had totally forgotten about the food. His eyes were too busy tracking a girl in black and gold all around the venue. 

"Uhh, jee Pasha uncle, khana bas ready hai. Aap batayein, kab serve karwana hai?"

"Rasam khatam honay lagi hai, bas is ke baad inhein kehna laga dein. Mehmaanon ne jana hota hai phir."

"Jee aap bilkul pareshan na hon, mein kar loon ga handle. Aap mehmaanon ko dekhein."

By the looks of it, Pasha sahab did not believe him one bit, but he still walked away. Farjaad lightly facepalemed himself before turning around to instruct the catering in charge. 

"Sahi kaha tha Umeed, mana kar dena chahiye tha."

He lightly murmured to himself. 

Umeed was standing next to a pillar, resting her head against it, as she looked at Haya and Sameer on the stage, a few tears forming in her eyes. Although she herself was married now, it still made her feel really old all of a sudden. Perhaps it doesn't hit you when you're the one going through it, because you're so busy enjoying that phase of your life. The most beautiful, exciting phase. But when you see the people you grow up with, entering a new phase of life, it just hits. She blinked rapidly to avoid her mascara from smearing. She had put in a lot of effort into her look tonight, and there was no way she would let some emotions ruin it. 

But did the look even matter? 'Jis ke liye tayyar hui thi, us ko to saari raat ignore karnay mein laga di' a voice inside of her spoke. Suddenly, she felt even gloomier as she looked at her empty hands. Farjaad had sent her gajray too along with Haya's jewellery, but she never put them on. She wanted him to do that - in the gentle way that he held her hands. She had wanted it to be the last bit of preparation, and she wanted him to be the one who completes her look. 

Just like he completed her. 

Her hands began feeling cold all of a sudden, feeling the absence of a warm hand covering them. 

'"Nahi Umeed, ye fazool baatein mat socho."

She kept shaking her head and muttering it under her breath with her eyes closed, when she felt a warm hand slip into hers, causing her entire body to freeze. 

"Kya fazool baatein sochi ja rahi hein?"

A little too close. 

Umeed could feel her legs become wobbly, as his hot breath fell over her neck. Shuddering lightly, she bit the inside of her cheeks to avoid showing any reaction. 

"Jo bhi hai, wo soch aap se mutaliq bilkul nahi hai."

Farjaad chuckled whole-heatedly, as he shifted closer to her, both of them looking at the stage. They both knew that one look at each other would mean disaster. 

"Acha, phir kis se mutaliq hai? Ye genday ke phoolon se?"

Umeed drew in a sharp breath. JUST as she was considering going soft on him, he just HAD to remind her. Her eyes shifted to the background of the stage and she scrunched up her nose in disgust. 

"Jayein aap yahan se, mujhe aap se baat karni hi nahi hai."

"Aray, aisay kesay chala jaaon? Saari raat mene apni begum ko nahi dekha, abhi bhi na dekhoon?"

"Jee, na dekhein."

She took her hand out of his hold and shifted away from him. 

"Abhi tak naraz ho?"

"Haan, jesay aap ko farq parta hai?"

"To kya nahi parta mujhe farq?"

"Nahi. Aap jayein, apni daigein sambhalein!"

With that, she took a couple of steps ahead, wanting to leave him behind again. She knew she wouldn't be able to hold herself long if she remained in such close proximity. 

"Acha Umeed, suno to!"

"Jee farmayein, kya hai?"

"Tum ne gajray nahi pehnay?"

Umeed looked at him, his eyes fixated on her wrists. Her own eyes followed his gaze, falling on her bare wrists, and then back at his face. He was now looking into her eyes, searching for an answer. He was met by a pair of eyes in which he saw the same love and longing that he knew was in his own. 

He had gotten his answer. 

Umeed knew he had gotten his answer, too. So she silently turned around and left. 

~

Umeed had just helped Haya change out of her heavy outfit and remove the jewellery and makeup, and wanted nothing more than to crash on bed. It had been a tiring day, and it was just the beginning of the functions. She made her way down to the kitchen to get herself some water. Everyone had already gone to sleep, and the entire house was dark and quiet. As she placed her glass back on the kitchen counter, a hand slipped over her mouth. 

She was about to let out a scream but was quick to recognise the scent. Farjaad's other hand snaked around her wrist and quickly spun her around such that her back was leaned against the kitchen counter. There were barely a few inches in between them as they stared deep into each other's eyes. The light coming from the living room made only a few parts of their bodies visible, but they were so close at the moment that they could see each other clearly. 

Farjaad gradually lowered the hand covering her mouth and stretched his arm such that it blocked Umeed's way out, with the other hand still pressed against her waist. He took another step towards her, now completely closing off any distance between them. Umeed had no way out - not that she was looking for one anyway. 

Umeed's breathing was heavy, and the only audible sound in the otherwise dead quiet house. Farjaad's eyes shone with mischief and longing, making Umeed's entire body burn. She could feel the heat radiating. 

"Ab bhaag kar dikhao."

He whispered as he pulled her even closer from the waist. His face was lowered with there being merely an inch between their lips. 

"Yahan se bhaag kar mujhe aur jana hi kahan hai?"

She whispered back. Farjaad gulped. Her soft lavender scent, mixed with the sharp smell of the motiya she had skillfully tied around her curls, was making him weak. He kept looking into her eyes - the mascara made her already long eyelashes stand out even more. Farjaad wasn't very good at understanding makeup, but he could see how she had done it to keep the focus on her eyes. 

Yet, he couldn't help himself as his eyes fell to her lips. Unconsciously, he ran his tongue over his own parted lips. Umeed did not miss this movement of, and lightly smirked seeing the impact she had on him. Wanting to tease him just a little more, she brought her hand up to his kurta collar and began playing around with it, before running her hand down his chest, towards the buttons of his kurta, tugging on them mindlessly.

Her other hand went up to his hair, starting with the one strand of hair sticking out from the front, before slowly moving towards the back of his head, wrapping his growing curls around her tiny fingers, lightly pulling on them. She could sense his breath getting deeper, making her smirk. 

A few moments passed before Farjaad removed his hand from her waist, bringing it to her hand that was laying aimlessly on his chest, and began walking, taking her along with him. She did not speak a word as he manoeuvred through the messy lounge towards the guest bedroom. Locking the door behind them, Farjaad did not stop walking until he had reached the dresser, where Umeed could see the pair of gajras placed right next to Farjaad's watch. 

Her eyes followed every movement his hands made, as he held out both of Umeed's hands in his own, lightly running his thumbs over her bare wrists. 

"Mujhe bataya kyun nahi ke tum mera intezaar kar rahi thi."

His eyes were fixated on her wrists, hers on his face. 

"Aap ne poocha hi nahi."

"Kya hum donon ko aik doosray ke sawaal ka intezaar karnay ki zarorat hai, Umeed?"

"Baat hamesha zarorat ki to nahi hoti, kabhi kabhi chahat ki bhi hoti hai."

"Tum chahti ho ke mein tum se ye poocha karoon ke tumhein mera intezaar rehta hai ke nahi?"

"Kabhi kabhi"

"Okay."

One of his hands left hers to reach out for the gajra. Umeed still kept on looking at his face. She could sense the movement of his hands from the side of her eye anyway. 

He finally looked at her face. 

"Umeed, may I?"

He said with a slight smirk on his face, which was met with a grin on Umeed's face - something that was missing the entire night. She did not use any words, just slightly nodded, and Farjaad did not need any words anyway. 

He gently slid the gajra over her hand, going on to do the same thing on the other hand as well. Taking both of her hands in his again, he slowly brought one of them up to his lips, kissing it lightly, letting his lips linger on for a little too long before going back to staring at her face, her hands still in his. 

"Farjaad?"

Umeed asked a few moments later, 

"Hmm?"

"Thank you."

"Kis baat ke liye?"

"Yunn sara event manage karnay, mere baba ki -"

"Umeed. Bas. Is baray mein humaray darmiyan koi baat nahi ho gi. Na aaj, na ainda kabhi. Okay?"

"Lekin phir bhi..."

"Koi lekin nahi Umeed. Tum yunn kaho gi to mujhe lagay ga ke meri muhabbat mein kaheen koi kami hai ke tum mujhe apna nahi samajhti."

"Ab ye baat yahan kahan se aa gayi?"

"Wese hi jesay tum is waqt ye fazool ki baatein le ke beth gayi ho. Saray din ke baad ab apni begum ko dekhnay ki ijazat mili hai, barah-e-meharbaani mujhe disturb na karein. Okay?"

Umeed laughed out at this, unable to take Farjaad serious with the batting of his eyes.

"Acha acha sorry, please carry on."

"Wese, aapas ki baat hai, aaj tum ne buhat hi zulm kiya hai mujh pe. Mujhe pata hota ye hona hai to mein har aik aik phool ko beth ke yellow paint karwa leta."

Once Umeed had gotten over her laughter fit at imagining Farjaad getting flowers painted, she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. 

"Kya zulm ho gaya aap ke saath?"

"Ye zulm nahi hai kya? Meri biwi, itni haseen ban ke ghoom rahi thi, saari raat, mere saamnay, aur mujhe us se baat karnay ki bhi ijazat nahi thi. Issay to har zaban mein zulm hi kehtay hein."

"Zulm nahi, issay saza kehtay hein."

"Sazaon mein to maafi aur kami paishi ki gunjaish hoti hai amooman"

"Jurm ki noiyat pe depend karta hai. Kuch jurm na qaabil e talaafi hotay hein."

"Mhmm?"

"Hmmm."

Farjaad pursed his lips as he brought one of his hands to the back of Umeed head, playing with the motiya flowers. 

"Mujrim waqalat theek se karay, to har jurm qaabil-e-talaafi to kya, qaabil-e-maafi bhi ho jata hai."

"Aisa bhi nahi hai ab, aakhri faisla to judge ne hi karna hota hai. Waqalat chahay jitni hi mazboot kyun na ho."

"Judge ko rishwat denay ke funn bhi achay se aata hai mujhe."

Farjaad whispered into her ear, as his hands played around with the hem of Umeed's choli. The motiya flowers were no longer in her hair, neither was the remaining bits of lipstick on her lips for much longer. 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

823K 35.8K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...
1.7K 77 5
What happens when a lie told for the sake of good becomes true for the lifetime Our girl umeed lies about her engagement with farjaad for her protect...
20.3K 1K 19
It's been a year and half since Farjaad and Umeed have seen each other. The last time being the day they broke off their engagement. Umeed's father d...
7.1K 372 18
Hi guys! This is me trying to pen down my ideas related to these two hope you like it!