Forgetting The Love of Your L...

By f1povedits

When the love of his life crashes at a Formula One race, Charles rushes to the hospital only to have to wait... More

Chapter One: Losing Track of Time
Chapter Two: A Crash-?
Chapter Three: Confusion
Chapter Four: The First Things
Chapter Five: Of Disappointed Eyes and Foolish Doctors
Chapter Seven: Following First Clues
Chapter Eight: Paris In Spring
Chapter Nine: Peachy
Chapter Ten: Completely Undone
Chapter Eleven: I Don't Know Why... But
Chapter Twelve: With Me, Hmm?
Chapter Thirteen: The Watch / The Perfume
Chapter Fourteen: Speed Run
Chapter Fifteen: An Intimate Moment
Chapter Sixteen: Changes
Chapter Seventeen: A House Is Not A Home
Chapter Eighteen: Our Bedroom
Chapter Nineteen: Whisky
Chapter Twenty: To Know Someone's Location...
Chapter Twenty One: Oh Cazzo
Chapter Twenty Two: 01:47
Chapter Twenty Three: The Fridge Needs Some Love
Chapter Twenty Four: Pondering
Chapter Twenty Five: Princess Treatment
Chapter Twenty Six: Business Stuff...
Chapter Twenty Seven: Pissed, Part One
Chapter Twenty Eight: Pissed, Part Two
Chapter Twenty Nine: Yes, Lovey?
Chapter Thirty: Once and For All?
Chapter Thirty One: Heart Rate
Chapter Thirty-Two: Ay Santa Maria!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Shared Trauma, Unequal Effort
Chapter Thirty-Four: Guilt and Resentment
Chapter Thirty-Five: Weathering The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Six: Safe Haven
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Scrutiny
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Unusual Winning Methods

Chapter Six: I Want to Go Home

2.4K 60 8
By f1povedits

y/n's PoV:

You do your best to listen to the Doctor, but every now and then you space out for a couple of seconds. You want to listen, and you do want to understand what happened, but you can't help it... Your mind just goes blank.

He tells you about the success of the knee surgery, which Charles explained better than this Doctor did, before addressing your nose in greater detail again.

You had a bloody nose when being admitted, so they looked into it. Turns out the blunt force trauma resulted in a fractured nose, which they set and realigned two days later when the swelling had gone down. A nurse mentions that they removed the stent and the gauze last night, since it had been healing quite well.

Dr. Joseph: Alright then Ms. Laurent, or should I say soon-to-be Mrs.Leclerc- I'm done for now...

You just stare at him in disbelief.

y/n irritated: No, how about we don't address me by the supposed fiancé that I don't remember. What's wrong with you?

A laughing grunt escapes Charles' mouth - He hides his smile behind his hand, as he looks down at you.

You've honestly had enough of this Doctor and his inappropriate comments; He had his strike one, he had his strike two - This was strike three. The nurses hold back their grins.

Dr. Joseph: Oh- Wow- Uhm, yeah. My apologies Ms. Laurent. Anyways, I'll hand it over to my colleagues.

He leaves the room hastily. What an absolute cowardly douchebag. You stare at Charles.

y/n: He was an ass right? I'm not just loopy as fuck?

Charles laughs: No, he- he was an asshole.

y/n sighs: Jeez-

A brunette approaches you slowly. She holds out her hand and reintroduces herself as Dr. Alma Riga.

Dr. Riga: Let's continue, shall we?

Charles: Yes, of course-

She outlines the neurological tests she ran on you, including an EEG, a CT scan, and an MRI of the head and spine. She dumbs it down for you, as she shows you the scans, which you truly appreciate.

Dr. Riga: Since you experienced a concussion and some blunt head trauma we ran the tests to make sure everything was alright; They all came back clean, and everything is okay from my point of view. I don't think the amnesia that Mr.Leclerc mentioned is related to any neurological causes, but we will run a couple more tests just to be on the safe side.

She then allows the psychiatrist to talk to you, but at this point you're just nodding. You don't actually register his words.

When he's done, the next Doctor proceeds to talk about the smoke inhalation and how your throat experienced minor irritation from it; They had incubated you at the start to relieve pressure off of your body to allow for better healing - It didn't take long and now it's fine again. He tells you that you might still experience some soreness and tenderness when you talk, breathe, swallow or cough.

After another twenty-five minutes of tests and questions, which Charles mainly answers for you, since you're spaced out, they leave.

y/n whispers: I want to go home.

Charles nods: Yeah... I know, I know, and I do too, but you need to stay for a couple more days - They just said that y/n... For observation and stuff.

y/n confused: Oh yeah-

You didn't listen.

Charles's PoV:

Evening.

After the Doctors left, she grew quieter and quieter - Eventually she asked you to leave for a bit so that she could be alone for a while. You did as she asked, hesitantly leaving her behind in the hospital for the first time since the crash.

You returned to your hotel, took a long hot shower, you called your and her parents to let them know that she woke up, and that she forgot some things; Everyone's shocked and worried - They announce that they're going to come to the hospital again.

All of it just feels like a bad dream.

You laid on the hotel bed for a while, just thinking about all of it, but by the end you hadn't made any progress; You were right back to where you started - Frustrated, helpless and utterly confused. What the fuck are you even supposed to do if the Love of your life forgets you? Is there some sort of manual for that?

At six you return to the hospital, since it doesn't sit right with you that she's alone. When you enter the room, roses in hand. Y/n's wrapped up in some blankets staring up at the TV that's in her room; The Notebook is playing.

It's one of her favourites.

She glances up when she notices you, pausing the movie. You lift the flowers to show her, and she thanks you dryly - You place them into a vase that holds some other flowers already, toughly accepting the lack of excitement about the flowers. You brush it off, knowing that if she would remember you, she'd be so excited about them.

Charles: You made me watch that a million times-

y/n chuckles: Yeah?

Charles: Yeah...

You walk over to her bed.

Charles hesitantly: Can I give you a little hug? It feels wrong not doing anything to properly greet you-

She shakes her head, softly apologising for being uncomfortable with the idea - You stop her.

Charles sighs: No- Don't apologise for saying no. I shouldn't have asked; You expressed your boundaries before, and that's okay. I'm just struggling to adjust here.

You need to continue being patient with her; You don't want to force it, or scare her off somehow. She turns off the TV, while you sit down in your leather seat.

Charles: You don't have to stop on my account... We could finish it together...

She softly shakes her head.

y/n: No, it's okay. I have a headache anyways, and I don't think the television is helping with that.

Charles concerned: Oh - Do the nurses know? Did they give you something to help with the pain?

y/n: No they don't, I didn't tell them.

Charles: You should - Here let me...

She stops your hand from reaching the call button for the nurses.

y/n: Don't.

Charles confused: Why not? You just had an accident, you need to tell them about all your symptoms...

y/n: I just don't want anyone in here again.

Charles: Oh...

You swallow down the knot that has started to press against the back of your throat. Does she mean you too? Does she want you to leave again?

Charles softly: I'll go if you want me to-

y/n: Don't. I want you to stay.

Charles smiles: Really?

She just nods.

y/n quietly: I need you to help me with something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 318 17
From childhood best friends to strangers, some people just outgrow their friends. She wasn't prepared for how her heart skipped a beat when she saw...
284K 5.9K 60
Sticking around was never her intention. She just wanted to watch one race and the people around her made everything in their power to keep her there...
22.8K 628 19
"I can't handle knowing when you don't" When Aurora awakens from a life-altering accident, she discovers she's married to Charles Leclerc, an F1 driv...
472K 6.9K 86
The man that I thought I hated. Was now holding my waist and I was sat before him in a quite compromising position. "You know Lando can't give you w...