Chapter Twenty Six: Business Stuff...

Charles' PoV:

You call Nathan. You look up at the sky, as it rings. Y/n is watching you from the table; She didn't really react or pull back when you gave her a little kiss; It was a thing of habit again... You really need to become more aware of what you do - You can't just go around pulling her away from crowds, and kissing her abruptly, just cause you're used to it. Nathan answers.

Nathan: What do you think?

Charles annoyed: We talked this morning Nathan. I told you to leave anything about her well-being and her conditions out, didn't I?

Nathan hectically: You did, but-

Charles: So you understood me the first time around, so change it.

Nathan: Charles, the team wanted it to be written like this - They approved it already, and their word counts.

Charles irritated: I don't care what they approved, I'm in charge of all her business right now Nathan, and I say change the statement.

Nathan sighs: I'm afraid I can't.

Charles angrily: What do you mean you can't? You're y/n's damn manager - Aren't you supposed to protect her interests? How is it good for her amnesia and her issues to be put out there!?

Nathan: The team felt that it would be appropriate to take a very open, transparent and thank-you oriented approach - They want fans to be able to empathise with y/n.

Charles annoyed: Are you kidding me? That's bullshit, and you know it.

Nathan sighs: I do Charles, but look, I can't change it anymore. I oversaw the writing process, but her press and her media team had the actual control here, and they don't answer to me, they answer to other people in the team.

Charles: I don't want anything being posted about her amnesia. It leaves her vulnerable. That's a private matter that shouldn't be thrown out there.

Nathan sighs: I actually agree with you on that, and I suggested leaving that part out too, but the bosses said they felt strongly about keeping it in the statement. They said it would make the Max thing seem less out of the blue - People might understand the closeness between the two then.

Charles: What the fuck!?

Nathan: Sorry Charles.

Charles: Fuck this shit man.

Nathan: They also asked me to post it on her Instagram account - Maybe with some pictures of her feeling better now. Can you do that? Do you have any out of the hospital?

Charles angrily: Nathan. My Girl was lying in a bed, knocked out for a solid week, with me suffering alongside her. Do you really think I was taking that time as a chance to take fucking pictures of her, while she was at her lowest? Are you fucking serious?

Nathan: I-

Charles: No! She was bruised, she was cut, she was bleeding, and she was fucking unconscious. It's disgusting that you even assumed that I took pictures of her in that state!

Nathan: Okay, yeah, apologies.

Charles irritated: She should fucking fire you - You're fucking cold-hearted, I hope you know that, where's your fucking empathy man?

Nathan clears his throat: Sorry Charles - The team wants some sort of sign of life from her. Please address that with her, we couldn't get into contact with her personally.

Charles: Yeah, I bet you couldn't, cause she's not on her phone. She leaves it on the kitchen table most of the time.

Nathan calmly: Charles, please just do as the team asks, or ask her what she thinks of it. If she disagrees, she can inform the team, and we'll approach it differently, but they want her stating her displeasure with their decisions, not you - You have her medical autonomy man, you get to partially clear her for racing, which is wild, but you don't have the control over her business decisions - The team, and I have those. Be thankful we are involving you at all.

You're about to burst into flames, when he continues.

Nathan: As I said, talk to her about getting some pictures, inform her why we need them, and send them to us. We are posting the statement at 4 PM, so it would be nice if you post it on her account too, roughly around the same time.

He continues telling you about the reasoning and the function behind all of it, and eventually he says his goodbyes.

Charles irritated: Bye.

God you hate this guy with a passion.

You return to your Love; Obviously she can sense your anger - You didn't even give yourself any time to cool off before returning to her. You should've waited to calm down, of course you should've, but at the same time you're hoping your Girl will help you calm down and that she'll ground you the way she usually does.

You're fucking stressed, and you need your y/n right now.

y/n concerned: Is everything alright?

Charles: There's some business stuff we need to discuss in a second.

You take a sip of your drink.

y/n confused: Oh, uhm... Alright then...