The Dark Heir - Nyx

By smplymxlfoy

Theia believed Nyx would come for her, Nyx believed Theia abandoned him. When it's time for Zenova, Nyx's co... More

1. Theia.
2. Nyx
3. Theia.
4. Theia.
5. Nyx.
6. Theia.
7. Nyx.
8. Theia.
9. Nyx.
10. Theia.
11. Nyx.
12. Theia.
13. Nyx.
14. Theia.
15. Nyx.
16. Theia.
17. Nyx.
18. Theia
19. Nyx.
20. Theia.
21. Theia
22. Nyx
23. Theia
24. Nyx
25. Theia.
26. Theia.
27. Nyx
28. Theia.
29. Theia.
30. Nyx
31. Theia.
32. Theia
33. Nyx
34. Theia
35. Nyx
36. Nyx
37. Theia
38. Theia
39. Nyx.
40. Theia
41. Theia.
42. Nyx
43. Theia
45. Theia
46. Theia
47. Nyx
48. Theia
49. Theia
50. Nyx
51. Theia
52. Nyx
53. Theia
54. Theia
55. Nyx
56. Theia
57. Theia
58. Nyx
59. Theia
60. Theia
61. Nyx
62. Theia
63. Theia
64. Nyx
65. Theia
66. Nyx
67. Theia
ANNOUNCEMENT

44. Nyx.

746 26 3
By smplymxlfoy

Speaking to his father wasn't nearly as horrible as Nyx expected. His mother wasn't there, but Cassian was. He had been a guard between the two males, his arms crossed and a glare on Nyx. Rhysand had been gentle, calm. He explained himself, his eyes full of tears.

"I never wanted to hurt you. I never wanted to hurt her. My priority was you, Nyx. I wanted you to grow into the strong male you are now, capable of ruling this court by tomorrow. I love you, son, and I don't want you to feel like you can't trust me. I'm at your mercy, you can say what you wish. Hate me, kill me, I don't care anymore. I just want you home."

Nyx hadn't cried in front of his father since he was a child. He did then, though. He'd slid past Cassian and took his father into his arms, clung to him while tears fell down both of their cheeks. It was a breath of fresh air, and he couldn't wait to revel in the freedom with his lover. He wanted to see his mother, but he wanted Theia more.

He could picture her, stunning in her gown, skin dark from their travels. Her hair laid across his pillow, her plump lips parted as she slept. Nyx nearly groaned, rushing towards the staircase. He slowed when Azriel made his way down, eyes hard on Nyx. His brows furrowed, meeting his uncle's gaze. He brushed past him as he left the stairs, and Nyx could smell her.

Theia's scent followed Azriel, as well as the distinct scent of arousal. Bile rose in Nyx's throat as he turned, watching Azriel make his way to his father's office. Anger pulsed, replacing any sense of longing for her. Sure, he knew she'd been thinking about Azriel, but he expected her to speak to him before acting upon it. His jaw clenched and he could picture it.

Theia on her back, arching as Azriel kissed her throat, thrusting into her. Her moaning his name. Rage sparked, fueling him as he raced up the stairs. He expected her to be in his bed, maybe in the bed from her guest room, but Theia was on the landing. Her back was against the wall, her head hung forward as her chest rose and fell.

"What happened?"

His words came out sharper than he meant, a growl lodged in his throat. She flinched- fucking flinched. Her hair was a mess at the back of her head, her cheeks pink. Nyx's nostrils flared, taking in the scent of Azriel mixed with hers. Nyx stepped closer, taking her chin in his hand and lifting her face. Her eyes were shut, a tear leaking through. His eyes dropped, noticing a drying line of blood running down the center of her throat.

Suddenly, the worst case scenario jumped into his mind. She was crying, still backed against the wall with blood on her. Azriel wouldn't- he wouldn't. Nyx tried to calm himself for her, to ease the explanation from her. Before he exploded, Nyx used his grip on her chin to pull her against him, winnowing them into his bedroom. Theia stumbled back, her hand lifting to her mouth as she doubled over.

"I swear to the Cauldron, Theia, tell me what happened. If he hurt you-"

"He didn't," she croaked, dropping to the floor and rubbing her temples.

"That doesn't explain the blood on your neck or why you reek of him. Don't fucking protect him. If he touched you, I will fucking slaughter him."

His heart was racing, rage and panic making his hands shake. Theia shook her head, dropping it back to look up at him. Her dark eyes shone like sun against honey, her arms curling around herself.

"He didn't. He just spoke to me, I tried to attack him but he pinned me. I told him what I wanted out of you; stability, love, comfort. He pressed himself against me, he-," Theia choked on her words, shaking her head again as she ran her hands over her face.

Nyx shifted on his feet. Discomfort flooded him. If Azriel didn't hurt her, he didn't understand why she was so broken about it. Nyx lowered to his knees, reaching for her. His discomfort could wait, hers was more dire. Theia flinched away from his touch, shaking her head again.

"Let me into your mind, Theia. Let me see it for myself," Nyx murmured. Her eyes met his, red making the golden brown glow. Her throat bobbed, her hand reaching for him. She curled her hand around his neck, pulling herself into him. Nyx pressed his face into her hair, prodding at her mind. She let him in, and he felt it all.

He could sense her excitement, her arousal, her guilt. When Az was so close to her, Theia had wanted him. Nyx wasn't surprised. She had confessed it before, but Azriel had never been so close to her. She'd been alone while Nyx was sorting shit out with his father. He understood her guilt, but he also didn't. Couples shared each other often. He had claimed her as his own, but if she wanted more, he'd let her have it. He had no desire for another, but he'd expect her to allow it as well.

"There's no need to feel like this," Nyx murmured after a long moment. Theia pressed her face into his neck, her heavy breaths warming his skin. "Desire is natural. Azriel has a way with females, especially getting them aroused. It isn't your fault, and I don't blame you. If you want to try him, you can. Don't cry about it, pretty girl."

Her breaths slowed, her body shifting to face him fully. Nyx leaned back, searching her face for a response. Her eyes were closed, her nose scrunched as if in disgust. Nyx felt so childish as he ran his finger over the bridge of her nose, tapping the point of it. She blinked her eyes open, her bottom lip pouting slightly. He wanted to laugh.

"It feels wrong. In my head, I've given myself to you. All of me. It felt like betrayal, even though I told him not to, it still felt wrong," she murmured, watching his eyes. Nyx wanted to tease her, to laugh and poke at her for feeling so dirty. It's primal, not unusual. Azriel was a stronger male, a dominating male, and the depths of Theia's soul and desire knew she'd like it with him. As long as she loved him, didn't lie to him, Nyx didn't care. He expected the same from her, but Nyx was still enthralled by Theia. The thought of another female beneath him made bile rise in his throat.

"It's betrayal if you aren't honest with me. If you tell me you'd like to try something, then I'll allow it. It's your desire, Theia. You act on it, I just ask that you don't lie to me. Your body is yours, but your pleasure is mine. You can try him, but remember I'm the only one who fucks you right."

Her cheeks flared, her head dropping to hide her face in his chest. Nyx grinned and took her hair in his hand. He tugged her head back for her to look at him.

"Get into bed. I'll go to the kitchens and get something for supper and bring it up. You're probably exhausted," he ordered. Theia nodded, letting out a breath as he released her hair and helped her stand. She wet her lips as he kissed the top of her head and nudged her towards the bed. Nyx shot a glance at her before leaving the room and closing the door behind himself.

He stood there for a moment, staring down the corridor. The anger simmered, though didn't cease. Nyx wasn't angry with Theia, but he wanted to take Azriel's throat in his hands. The bastard knew what he was doing to her. Nyx had just gotten her back after centuries of her finding relief beneath random males. Sure, she loved Nyx, but her body would respond to anyone she felt attracted to.

Running a hand over his mouth, Nyx stalked towards the stairs. His mind ran with a whirlwind of thoughts as he made his way down into the main entrance of the house. He wanted to kill Azriel for putting Theia in that situation. He knew how she felt, he'd felt that way the first time a female touched him after Theia left. It felt dirty, like his skin had been marred by a thoughtless touch after being cleaned by so many loving ones.

Voices sounded from the corridor to his father's office. Nyx slowed, clenched his teeth as he glared into the shadows. He fucking hated shadows. Cassian appeared, a wide smile on his face as he turned from looking over his shoulder. Their eyes met and his smile fell slightly. He didn't speak during Nyx's conversation with his father, so Nyx didn't know where they stood.

Cassian cleared his throat and walked around Nyx, calling out a 'goodnight' over his shoulder and going to the front door. Next, Nyx's father and Azriel walked out. Nyx's glare leveled on his uncle, ignoring his father's presence.

"I need to speak with you."

Azriel looked him up and down before turning to Rhysand and patting his shoulder, muttering something Nyx didn't care to hear. His father glanced between them before walking up to Nyx and slamming his hand on his back. It was laughable. Such a masculine show of affection after they cried in each other's arms. Nyc ignored him, waiting until Rhysand climbed the stairs to join Feyre.

Azriel crossed his arms, lifting a brow. The act had Nyx's fists clenching. "You touched her."

"Not in the way that you think," Az responded, leaning against the wall as though this was a typical conversation. Nyx's eyelids fluttered as he let out a slow breath.

"She cried to me. When you left her on the second floor, she cried. You touched her and she felt like she had betrayed me," Nyx spat. Azriel's eyes shot to the staircase before returning to Nyx.

"We fought. I threatened her, she tried to attack me. I told her what I thought about her and she told me what her plans are with you. I already had her pinned and there was just a moment where I almost touched her. It didn't happen, whether she wanted to or not. Get the stick out of your ass and go get your lover some food," Azriel retorted.

Nyx watched him as he shoved from the wall and moved to go to the door. Nyx caught his arm, digging his fingers into his jacket as he leaned into Azriel's ear.

"She wanted it. She cried because she wanted you to touch her and she felt like she'd betrayed me. If you want to pursue the one female I love, then fucking tell me first. Otherwise, she is mine. Don't forget all the females at the pleasure houses, though. No feelings attached, and I'm sure you're due to a free ride by now."

Nyx shoved his arm away, turning to move towards the kitchens. A smug grin rose to his lips when Azriel caught his arm, just as he had done to him.

"I don't want your lover, Nyx. You want to know why I was pressed against her like that? Because the Cauldron chose for everyone to fall in love except for me. You are five centuries younger than me, yet you've found someone who wants to be with you. She told me she just wants stability and to feel wanted, and I feel the same way. It was heat of the moment, not unrequited need. It was nice to have someone want the same things that I do."

It was strange to hear this from his uncle. Azriel had always been quiet, always laughing when everyone else did, but he never shared his emotions. Nyx shivered, discomfort filling him. Azriel's words weren't entirely true, either. He's had his chance for love before, but he chose his job instead. That female was still alone, as far as Nyx knew. Before he could respond, Azriel was gone and he was alone in the dim corridor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.8K 46
Completed. AzrielxFemale OC - Slow Burn, Fluff, Smut, Soft Az. Lots of Action/Story/Other character involvement. "Coming back is like swimming up to...
107K 3.1K 31
This takes place after ACOWAR (Characters belong to Sarah J Maas) Azriel x OC ----‐--------------------------------------------------- Prythian is in...
26.8K 809 20
Two hundred years ago Rhysand lost his mother and sister in a grueling murder. But what if that sister had survived? What if the head in that box was...
21.8K 273 7
A group of fic's detailing some of the more major scenes of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas from the point of view of Rhysand as he expe...