The Dark Heir - Nyx

Von smplymxlfoy

Theia believed Nyx would come for her, Nyx believed Theia abandoned him. When it's time for Zenova, Nyx's co... Mehr

1. Theia.
2. Nyx
3. Theia.
4. Theia.
5. Nyx.
6. Theia.
7. Nyx.
8. Theia.
9. Nyx.
10. Theia.
11. Nyx.
12. Theia.
13. Nyx.
14. Theia.
15. Nyx.
16. Theia.
17. Nyx.
18. Theia
19. Nyx.
20. Theia.
21. Theia
22. Nyx
23. Theia
24. Nyx
25. Theia.
26. Theia.
27. Nyx
28. Theia.
29. Theia.
30. Nyx
31. Theia.
32. Theia
33. Nyx
34. Theia
35. Nyx
36. Nyx
37. Theia
38. Theia
39. Nyx.
41. Theia.
42. Nyx
43. Theia
44. Nyx.
45. Theia
46. Theia
47. Nyx
48. Theia
49. Theia
50. Nyx
51. Theia
52. Nyx
53. Theia
54. Theia
55. Nyx
56. Theia
57. Theia
58. Nyx
59. Theia
60. Theia
61. Nyx
62. Theia
63. Theia
64. Nyx
65. Theia
66. Nyx
67. Theia
ANNOUNCEMENT

40. Theia

604 25 2
Von smplymxlfoy

Theia had forgotten how horrible it was to be alone in the village. Nyx had gone to training with Zenova at sunrise, leaving Theia to munch on breakfast in silence. She'd spent hours after that laying in the bed, taking a long bath, trying on various items in Nyx's wardrobe. She settled for a thick wool sweater tucked into baggy pants. She had to tie them with a leather strap to keep them on her hips and roll them at the bottom. She'd borrowed a pair of Zenova's boots, hoping to be home before they were so the female wouldn't know.

Theia planned to go to her own home today. She wanted to gather a few of her own clothes and maybe bid it a final farewell. The first few steps outside were agonizing. That weight returned to her stomach and shoulders, the sense of being lost in a place she knew all too well. How badly she wanted to return to the Summer Court, swim in the sea and forget who she was.

Theia trudged on. She took the route outside of the village, hoping to avoid anyone she knew. The village wasn't too cold, not this time of year, but it was still colder than she'd been used to in the past month. The snow had melted some, dirt peeking through the scattered white. Theia crossed her arms, watching her feet as she walked.

She lifted her head, searching the landscape for her home. There it was, empty and solemn. And the door was open. Theia's heart sped up, her brows creasing as she glanced at the neighboring homes. They all looked fine. She slowed her step as she neared the doorway, using the tips of her fingers to push the door open more.

"Hello?" She called out, slowly stepping into the dark home. There was no response, just complete silence. With a heavy exhale, Theia peered around the room. Her heart stopped, her stomach dropping. Her firewood was gone, as well as the nice chairs that Rhysand had given her. Something was dumped onto the table, and it looked like drawers were beside it. Theia crept forward, poking at the fabric.

It was her mother's clothes. Moth-eaten and dingy, but they were there. Worry beginning to eat at her, Theia turned and hurried into the small corridor that led to the bedrooms. The door to her mother's bedroom was open, the closet doors ripped apart and things strewn across the floor. Theia turned to her own bedroom.

Her drawers were pulled open; some empty, some with items haphazardly thrown in. Her bed was upturned, as though someone was looking beneath the mattress. Her closet was open, most of her clothes missing. The ones that remained were the clothes from when she was younger, smaller.

Theia dropped to her knees, glancing around the room as it felt like her life had been torn from her. She didn't think she was attached to this home. It had brought her nothing but misery. But the part of her life that she was stable, able to buy herself clothes and food and have warmth, was gone. It was ripped from her like it meant nothing.

A shout of frustration tore from her throat. The only things she had for herself were gone. Not everything, but most of it. Angry tears flooded her eyes as she rose to her feet and filed through the dresser. Her undergarments were gone. It felt like a violation. Wiping her cheeks, Theia marched into her mother's bedroom. Hidden from the corridor, her bed was upturned, too. The sheets and blankets were thrown off, small items from her life were gone, too.

Maia's jewelry, her letters, everything. Her clothes from the closet were on the floor, everything empty. Theia bit down on her tongue, trying not to scream but feeling the sweet distraction of pain. It allowed her to suck in a breath, pass the nausea, and walk to the kitchen. As she guessed, all food and cooking ware were gone. Not one pot, not one bowl. Next, she went to the bathing chamber.

Her bars of soaps were gone, the jars open and empty. Her few cosmetics were gone, too. This shit was not valuable. It offered nothing to someone who'd take it. Her clothes, her soaps poured out, it was pointless. Theia frantically wiped at the cheeks, the action hard enough that her teeth clacked together. The only person who'd been in her home and knew what would affect her was Silas. He had no reason to do it, but Theia blamed him anyway. It was easier than being angry at someone who she didn't know.

With a kick to the door and another shout of anger, Theia went marching out of the house. She didn't bother shutting the door, it wasn't like there was anything of value. She aimed for the home she knew well. Tears burned her cheeks from the wind as she rushed into the village. She didn't care who saw her as she marched down the main street and towards the camp. He lived just behind the main building where meals and meetings were held for trainees.

Theia stumbled on an exposed rock, kicking it out of frustration. She hated him, she hated everyone. This village and its people offered her nothing but a hellish life. She felt as though every piece of her was stripped away by the people here and she'd go down fighting for even a scrap of fabric he stole.

Her eyes landed on the log cabin, smoke rising from the chimney. Rage had her knees threatening to buckle, her fists trembling. Theia rammed her shoulder into the door, followed by her fist and boot.

"Open the fucking door, Silas!" She screamed, ramming into it again and again. Her shoulder ached, her eyes burning. She stumbled back, giving herself a running start as she rammed her body into the door again. The lock snapped, the door swinging open. Her eyes scanned the sitting room before landing on a brown haired female, a blanket over her body and her eyes wide with fear.

"Where the fuck is he?"

"H-He's training today," the female stammered,
pulling the blanket higher. Theia clenched her jaw and went for his bedroom, kicking the door open and filing through everything. She tore his closet open, pulling his clothes and leathers down onto the floor. She poured a box onto the ground, searching through the items within.

"What are you doing?! Who are you?" The female screeched, now standing in the doorway with the blanket wrapped around her obviously nude body.

"My house was fucking ransacked and I know he did it. Did he give you any new clothes recently? Any delicate fucking panties that he promised were a gift? It's all mine! He fucking stole it," Theia snapped, using her body weight to shove his mattress from his bed. Like a fool, Silas had coin stashed beneath it. Theia slipped a few into her pocket and stood again.

"You're insane! He didn't rob your house! Silas hasn't given me anything," the female shouted. Theia turned to her, crossing her arms. Her chest heaved, sure that tears still spilled down her cheeks.

"He's the only person who would've done it," Theia seethed. The female shook her head, stepping back and pointing to the door.

"No, he didn't! Get out before I go get the patrolling officers!" She shouted. Theia kicked at the bedpost and stomped past the female, ensuring her shoulder smacked into her on the way.

"Tell Silas that I expect everything back," she snapped over her shoulder. Theia slammed the front door shut behind her, though it was broken and swung open again. She didn't look back as she marched up the hill and back to the village. She was furious. It was midday, and she needed a drink.

Theia threw open the tavern door and marched in. A few people sat at the bar, but it wasn't full. Elena was behind the counter, her chin resting on her palm as she spoke to a female. Her eyes slid to Theia as she pulled herself onto a stool and laid the coin on the counter.

"Whiskey," she ordered, sliding the coin toward Elena. The female- poorly- bit back a smirk and said something to the female before snatching the coin and filling a glass of whiskey. She placed it in front of Theia, who immediately began drinking it down despite the burn.

"How was your trip? I heard that you ran away with the heir again," Elena said, cocking her head to the side as Theia shoved the glass back to her.

"It was great," Theia muttered. She wasn't in the mood for small talk, especially with someone like Elena. The female refilled the whiskey and slid it back, watching as Theia drank.

"You seem upset. What happened?"

Theia's already blurring eyes narrowed on Elena. She was smiling, but not in a genuine way. It was a knowing smile, one that was cocky.

"You seem like you already know that answer, Elena. Did you get any new clothes lately?" Theia asked, taking another swig and pushing the empty glass to her. Elena shrugged as she refilled it, holding her hand out. Theia grunted and shoved another coin to her before greedily taking the whiskey down.  

"I've gotten a few things. They were far too large on me, though. I think hand-downs are nice only when they are from someone as fit as yourself."

Theia slammed the glass down, eyes burning into Elena's. The whiskey fueled her, fingers buzzing and body loose. The female continued giving her a stupid smile. Theia didn't offer her another chance to speak. She shoved herself from the stool and threw the glass, missing Elena by a few but smashing into the liquor bottles behind her. The glass shattered, whiskey and wine flowing onto the counter. Elena shrieked, going for the cloths.

"You bitch! What is wrong with you?" Elena shouted, shoving the cloth against the shattered bottles. Theia just snatched the whiskey bottle, took another swig, and then threw it at Elena. This time it slammed into her shoulder before shattering on the floor. Elena shrieked again.

"Get the fuck out! You crazy bitch!"

Theia did just that. She made sure to shove a few stools over before shoving the door open and stomping out. Her steps were uneven, her mind nothing but a whirlwind of rage and intoxication. She wasn't sure how she made it back to Nyx's home, but she found herself stumbling through the door not long after leaving the tavern. Theia slammed the door shut and dropped to the floor, tearing Zenova's boots from her feet.

"Long day?"

The voice was unexpected, making her head snap up. Azriel was leaning against the staircase, his arms crossed and brow raised. Theia glared at him, which only earned a chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" She slurred, shoving off the floor and trying to stand on unsteady feet. Azriel prowled closer, his eyes scanning Nyx's clothes on her body.

"Cass told Rhys that you two were back yesterday. I came to collect you, but it looks like you're not quite ready to face him yet. Where's Nyx?"

"Training today," Theia mumbled, leaning against the couch. Azriel moved closer, seemingly floating, but Theia decided that was the whiskey. She tilted her head back, meeting his gaze. His lips quirked up, eyes squinting as he looked her over.

"You're drunk. Why?"

"That's none of your business," Theia snapped, moving to shove his shoulders but he caught her wrists. She gasped, struggling to get out of his hold.

"Troubles with Nyx already? Weren't you happily in love two days ago?" His smooth voice was nothing like his body language. His grip was bruising, but his voice was soft.

"That is also none of your business," Theia snapped. She tried to tear her arms from his grasp again, only to be pulled against him. Her arms were crushed between them, her eyes wide as she stared up at him. She swore the shadows danced beneath his eyes.

"Cass thinks you're hopelessly in love with him. I still think you have something planned. I guess we will find out when you two make it to Velaris. I'll be back tomorrow if you two aren't there in the morning. I'd love to have the chance to pull all of your secrets from you. Take a nap and tell Nyx to be there in the morning."

Azriel shoved her back against the couch, making Theia gasp at the sudden move. He shot her a quick wink before shadows seemed to swallow him. Theia stood there, unsure if he'd truly even been there. She'd drank a lot of whiskey. Theia swallowed the lump in her throat and stumbled around the couch, dropping onto it. She needed to figure out what just happened, but as her eyes grew heavy, she decided to do that when she woke up.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

23.2K 787 52
For everyone who is sick of waiting for Sarah J Maas to finally release Azriel's story. And everyone who doesn't want him to end up with Gwyn or Ela...
102K 2.8K 87
A COURT OF PAIN AND SORROW (A Acotar fanfic by Sarah J. Maas.) Two hundred years after ACOSF. A new generation of heirs have been born. Of Night. O...
30.2K 1.2K 32
It's been 100 years since the war against Hybern. A competition is announced, the best fighters from across Pythian gather to take part, the prize be...
121K 3.8K 46
Completed. AzrielxFemale OC - Slow Burn, Fluff, Smut, Soft Az. Lots of Action/Story/Other character involvement. "Coming back is like swimming up to...