TBATE - The third beginning

By Athener01

It is a classic time-travel story in the world of tbate. After the war with Agrona and the rest of the Asuras... More

Notize
Chapter 0 Prologue The second endingUntitled part
Chapter 1 Reborn
Chapter 2 The Awakening
Chapter 3 The journey
Chapter 4 Meeting Mother
Chapter 5 Saving the elven princess
Chapter 6 The meeting between kings and gods
Chapter 7 They are still alive
Chapter 8 Starting war preparations
Side Chapter 1 Training with the elven sisters
Side Chapter 2 The slow blooming of love
Chapter 9 Meeting with the human royalty
Chapter 10 Departure and two mothers
Chapter 11 Giving the director and her pet a scare
Chapter 12 Meeting old friends
Chapter 13 Helstea auction house
Chapter 14 The outing
Chapter 15 Telling the truth
Chapter 16 Adventurer guild
Chapter 17 Exam and deal
Chapter 18 Searching for dungeons
Side Chapter 3 Dungeon diving with the twin horns
Side Chapter 4 Talking with our parents
Side Chapter 5 cleansing corrupted beasts
Side Chapter 6 The engagement
Side Chapter 7 Finding bonds and beast wills 1
Side Chapter 8 Finding bonds and beast wills 2
Side Chapter 9 The S-Rank raid
Chapter 19 Dire Tombs
Chapter 20 Back at Xyrus
Chapter 21 Windsom's shop
Chapter 22 Xyrus academy entry ceremony
Chapter 23 SC and DC
Chapter 24 Student VS teacher
Chapter 25 Replacing the previous teacher
Chapter 26 Three way group battle
Chapter 27 Beast Will 101
Chapter 28 Telling truths and lies
Chapter 29 Ast
Side Chapter 10 Horror morning
Chapter 30 PMM
Side Chapter 11 Artificing class and theories
Chapter 31 Preparations for the attack
Chapter 32 Widows Crypt
Chapter 33 New Retainer
Chapter 34 Final Preparation
Chapter 35 Attack on Xyrus academy
Chapter 36 Council
Chapter 37 Demolishing the enemy
Chapter 38 Accusations
Chapter 39 Death to the traitors and partying gifts
Chapter 40 Telling the truth?
Chapter 42 Introduction to the family
Chapter 43 Training with Kordri
Chapter 44 Finishing the first part of training
Chapter 45 Aether control
Chapter 46 Rebellion

Chapter 41 Epheotus

542 19 7
By Athener01

Windsom Pov:

That brat is just strange. For one he realized who I was from the very start. Yes he had contact with lady Sylvia and is bonded to her daughter but not even every Asura would realize who I am. Plus his potential is tremendous. He has reached high silver without the help of elixirs and is now do to my help a white core mage. Normally it is impossible to get to that stage without help. Plus he is a lesser, even for Asuras it is impressive if the children become white core mages at the age of twelve. Plus his ability to manipulate all kind of mana just like the others is very impressive. But it is strange. He is not as welcoming toward us as I expected and I have the feeling that he is hiding something from me. Nothing bad but something essential. It looked like he was expecting me to come and find him. He was prepared to give me information, critical none the less and he also did not back down knowing how the situation is. He knew who I was and what I could do but he was sure lady Sylvie and he would not get separated. He even bargained for more elixirs and for more people to train him in Epheotus. He knew everything. Could it have been a diviner that told him about the future. I knew it was an error to let them life.

The next thing that was strange is that he told the council a lot of things. They created walls or blueprints for them, people to be in authority and even more. They have figured out spies and also found an ally under them. They raided several dungeons and killed thousands of enemies before the war even started. They have undeniable done more than any other person has and will ever do for the entirety of the war. But that is not enough for them they want to help even more. White core might be powerful but they want to go up and beyond what was thought to be possible. Then they gave the council their spoils of war, more plans and asked for a private meeting after saying goodbye to their families. I guess they are close to them.

Now they were finished and even though they are allowed to go to Epheotus they do net seem happy. Ever since they finished their talks with the four lances and the elven royalty they are depressed especially the arrogant brat. But that is none of my concerns. Wat I a more interested is why so many people are mages nowadays. But that is a question that I let Aldir find the answer to. I have to bring the three and lady Sylvie to Epheotus. Their bonds are not allowed to come with us and stay here in the castle.

I create a portal tat leads straight before the palace.

"Now brats behave yourselves. I already told you Arthur but I want all of you to show the highest respect to my lord. The most powerful Asura lord Kezess Indrath and the lord of the most influential asuran clan. So do not disrespect him as you did us or me brat."

"Yes elder Windsom, I will not disrespect his lordship Kezess Indrath." Said Arthur while bowing slightly. I don't know why but it looked forced.

Kezess Pov:

I was sitting in my throne waiting for the lessers to arrive. I hated it that we would bring a lesser to Epheotus but three lessers were just a blasphemy. I did not hate it I despised hit. At least I would to get to see my one and only granddaughter. Windsom told me that she was not weak but not strong either. She has enough time to grow when the lessers have perished due to old age or the war. But now it is more important to get rid of Agrona. He has to die for what he has done to my daughter.

Finally they are here. I can feel the presence of Windsom coming closer with three very weak mana signatures. My granddaughter is also with them. What is he thinking how can they be worthy to be trained here in Epheotus? Is he just not able to see what they are? Worthless. Then the door opened and they came in. What I saw perplexed me. They, they looked so familiar. One brat had white silver hair and golden eyes just like Sylvia and an other had black hair with crimson red eyes. Other than that they looked normal but that was not everything. They don't just look similar but also feel similar. They do not feel like humans at all. The third one gave me also some strange feeling. I couldn't explain it so I looked at it closer and closer. There had to be something off. And their mana signature was also hidden. They were not weak but hiding the mana nearly perfect. Or to be precise they le a bit of mana get out so that they have a weak signature while being far stronger. Smart little brats. Now I looked again. Nothing. Again. And so it went on. I did not now what was going on until I activated my realm heart. They flinch back but did not crumble down to their knees that is when I saw something strange. The white haired one has aether following him and the others and he had some similar occurrence with mana. I then started to look through their memories and what I saw surprised me. They were not of this place. They were reborn and they wanted to crush Agrona but why? He gave them an other chance did he not. Did he change their memories? Then I looked farther back and saw my daughter dying to the Scythe while calling them her children. This made me furious. And I guess they realised that.

"Who are you?" I bellowed.

"We are the humans that have been summoned to Ephiatos by your lordship."

"I don't mean that. Why are you fighting for Dicathen and not Alacrya? Wasn't it Agrona that brought you to this world?"

"He might have done that but he just wanted to use us as weapons while we were living happy in Dicathen. And he killed Sylvia."

"So it is because of revenge and protecting those that are close to you?"

"Yes"

I did believe him but that was not the whole truth. E was more attached to my daughter that he should have been. He hates him because she was killed but why? Wasn't she just a stranger to him. I looked closer and saw the memories of them and my daughter. What I saw made my blood boil. Those brats were not human but Asuras? How dare they lie to me. I will see that they are executed or at least punished until they can't move a muscle.

"Windsom seize them immediately." He looked perplexed but acted fast. He draw his sword and rushed at them. But it seemed they had expected something like that to happen. The black haired boy drew his weapon a red and black Scythe and stopped Windsom. This caused him to waver a bit and the guards went to help him. The girl drew her weapon and engaged them, while the other brat did nothing. My daughter still in his embrace we looked at each other. Realizing what he might be planning I activated my time stopping ability and rushed at them. But he evaded. How could he do that. I looked at him and there was a burning fury in his eyes. They burned like a raging fire. And then I realized what happened. His body was full with runes just like my body. He placed Sylvie down and she transformed to her human form. I wanted to tell her to come to me but she drew her rapier and pointed it at me. Perplexed I asked her why.

"Why are you staying with those traitors. Acting like humans. Lying to me and using you all the while why? I ma your grandfather."

"Brother Arthur, brother Nico and sister Cecilia are nice to me. They care, train me, teach me things and they don't attack me or my family."

"But I am your family."

"No they are. And we will defeat them and get away."

I was stunned. My own flesh and blood turned against me. Just then something even more perplexing happened. My time stop got cancelled out. How. I looked at the brat and he smirked. I looked around and was surprised that Windsom had not dealt with the other boy and that the guards were still fighting the girl. "How?" I asked but got my answer when I saw what kind of mana arts the boy was using. Vritra arts. They were Vritras. Then I felt something hit me. It was the one that was bonded to my granddaughter. He came up to me without me realizing. His sword hit me and I was send flying. Then he shot black spikes at me followed by acid and black fire. So he is also a Vritra. I charged at him but he disappeared into violet lighting. Where did he go.

"Do not underestimate me old man." I could here him say. This brat dares to call me that. I will rip him apart. I turned to him and his golden eyes looked defiantly at me. Just like she did. No that could not be could it. His mana arts, his runes or the realm heart the amethyst eyes his looks and the hatred towards Agrona.

"Who is your father?"

"My blood father is Agrona Vritra. Why do you ask? Haven't you figured it out?"

"And who is your mother?"

"You tell me."

"Was it Sylvia?"

"Yes it was her and I will kill my blood father for that. He will pay." I stopped at that. What was I doing? I nearly killed your son. My only grandson. What does it matter if he is his son he is her son first and foremost.

"And who are the others?"

"They are as you know my friends reincarnated into experiments. We were saved by mom. She send us away to human mothers in Dicathen to hide us. He is a clone of Agrona and she is a Leviathan."

"Windsom stop it stand down." He did as I ordered even though he did it reluctantly. "So why hide that you are Asuras?"

"Would you have trained all of us? Would you have let us participate in the war?"

"Asuras are not allowed to fight in a war fought by lessers."

"See that is the reason. Nico would probably get killed by you if he showed himself just like that and Cecil is also in danger since she is the last of her kind." He made a pause. "And you might let him life and partake in the war since it could be seen as a war inside of one clan even though he was never accepted into their clan and Cecil could participate since Leviathans are not anymore viewed as Asuras. So I would have to stay her and see my friends risk their lives while watched them? I would never do that."

"You are no lesser so you are not allowed to go there and help."

"BUT I AM PART LESSER."

"What did you just say?"

"I said that I am part human. When I was send away to safety by mom I was not complete. I was just partly formed. Nico and Cecil are complete Asuran but I am not. I have about a percentage human blood flowing inside my veins. Because I was saved I became a bit human." His head dropped. Clearly he did not want to talk about it in front of me. Maybe he thought I would kill him or his family for this action but he was wrong.

"What was your name little one."

"Mine?"

"No not yours boy. Your sisters."

"My name is Sylvie Indrath Vritra lord Indrath."

"Okay Sylvie can you use realm heart or Vritra arts? And call me grandfather."

"Yes grandfather. And no I am not able to utilise any Vritra arts. I can just use pure mana and realm heart but not as good as Arthur. Plus I can only use basic Vivum spells."

"See brat. It is a real shame that you have that human blood inside of you. And I honestly want to burn it out but thanks to that you can be treated as a lesser for this war and your innate talents might even be higher then usual. Since we dragons can only use pure mana and you can use Vritra arts as well."

"Thank you lord Indrath but that is not everything. I am also able to use all four basic attributes and also all of the human deviants."

"Even better. A dragon that can use all kind of mana except some minor ones. Just use them well kid. And don't worry about your adoptive family I won't do anything to them. If I have seen right then they have treated you well with all that they got and protected you. As for your friends they can stay and you all will be trained as warriors and also as strategic generals. I will see to your trainings myself and the other two will be trained by elders of the other clans."

"Grandfather can I also get trained by the other clan elders?"

"Why?"

"I want to learn mor mana arts. I have seen the art that elder Aldir used and could not replicate it. I want to learn more then just the mana arts of one clan."

"That is acceptable but I want you to train with me as well as with your grandmother for some time."

"That is very much appreciated."

"So now for further notice. Windsom could you go and get an infant mana beast for the child named Eleanor Leywin. If she is save then he will feel assured."

"Thank you."

"I just have one thing to tell you."

"Yes?"

"Close your heart to the elven princess."

"I already broke off our engagement when we last spoke. You do not have to worry. The relationship is no more."

"In that case I am satisfied. Get some rest. The guards will lead you to a place to freshen up a bit. But don't take too much time. We will have dinner. All of us and the other members of the family."

""We will be ready at once lord Indrath.""

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1.8K 36
" Welcome to Alacrya, King Grey. " Those words are the first thing that welcomed me after waking up from the darkness that embraced me for what feels...
132K 4.4K 46
After the war no more than a handful of survivors remain in a destroyed world. After going back in time to where it began, can they prevent another t...
163K 4.7K 116
So by the title you are a boy who died in his 20s you are then given a chance to live again and you get to choose your ability's (I choose) and you a...
15.7K 1K 25
What if Sylvie was already hatched by the time Arthur fell off the cliff? Making them childhood friends and bonds before Arthur could meet Tessia. Wh...