Elara

By 4stridesmore

" They're words. They mean whatever you interpret." Elara Valenti, a seventeen year old girl just trying to g... More

Characters
Tattoos
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 7

866 27 4
By 4stridesmore

I can't believe it. My sorellina is really home.

(Little sister)

I watched as she walked away, seemingly no care in the world. God, she didn't deserve to be in the mafia life. She had a smart mouth. That's for sure.

Fynn was so mad. I don't know why, though.

"She's not quite how I thought she'd be," Alessandro said.

Eyes snapped up to him. "What do you mean?" Dad asked.

"I mean, she seems so...I don't know. Not as spirited as I thought. Not as bubbly as I thought, either. I'm just so fucking glad she's back," he said.

I nodded. "People change," Lorenzo said.

"I know. I just wonder what life with mom...Scarlett?" Alessandro didn't even know what to call her. "What life was like with her and her stepdad," he finished.

"I think we all do but it's not our place to pry. It could have been great," I said.

"Maybe..." Alessandro muttered.

Soon, we all got up and started heading to our respective rooms. I don't know how much this change is affecting Elara. If it is hard for her, it doesn't show past her wit.

I was walking down the hallway to my room when I was pushed up against a wall, arm against my throat as I stared up at my older brother. Fynn.

He had a firm press against me as I glared up at him. "Get off me," I said lowly.

He tsked. "You have no right to waltz in here and play the little sister role while you were living a great little life back wherever you were while my family was searching for you," he said. I don't know why, but it kind of pinged my heart when he emphasized my.

I kneed him in the gut, causing him to stagger back and slightly double over. "I said get off me," I said, walking up to him. "And you don't know shit about my life so shut the fuck up," I said before turning on my heels and continuing to my room.

Pain killers were much needed right now. And I needed to soon buy a new phone.

I walked into my room and shut and locked the door behind me. I then went into my closet and got into my suitcase that I hadn't unpacked. I grabbed painkillers out of the little pouch and grabbed sweats and a sweatshirt.

I walked from the closet into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stripped from my clothes and that's when I really looked at my ribs. It made me visibly wince. It was an array of blue, purple, black, green and yellow colors. Like a painting.

Yes because painting are beautiful which makes you beautiful.

What- no. More like a kid who spilled paint all over a canvas then smeared it around.

Well, that works too, I guess.

I quickly looked away and got in the shower. It was so nice to be able to take a proper shower. Not have a beating today. Well, that was guaranteed. They would probably come in any minute now and beat the shit out of me.

I took a longer shower which consisted of fifteen minutes. I scrubbed my body with the vanilla bean body wash and shampoo, making sure to clean myself really well. There were scars and bruises littering my body. I was afraid to see what my face looked like now that my makeup washed off.

Soon, I got out, wrapping the white towel around my body and drying off my hair with another. I then let it hang loosely down my back. That's when I looked up to see my face. It was pretty bad.

There was a nasty bruise on my left cheek which I wasn't sure was from street fighting or Jason. Probably the latter. Then there were strangle marks on my neck. I sighed and lightly let my fingertips glide over the marks which still hurt. At least I could talk normally now.

I then plunged some pain killers into my mouth, swallowing them dry. I had overdosed once. On purpose. But Noah brought me to a hospital. What would be different if he hadn't?

Without further looking, I got dressed into my baggy clothes and left the bathroom. I then climbed under the comfortable covers of my new bed and as soon as my head the pillow, I was out like a light.

--------------------

Thirteen year old me was at my street fighting match with Colm and Noah. Noah was fourteen. I was in the back room and Colm was making sure I was all prepared as I would go against a large man. I had training, though.

This was my first real event though. The first big one. "You know what to do," Colm said, giving me a pat on the back.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I said with a slight smile.

They knew me through my darkest times and knew how I'd changed in the past year. Of what happened.

Colm gave me a soft smile. "Let's go, Viper!" Noah shouted, grabbing my mask and throwing it at me. I caught it and put it on before we all walked out together.

I went out there and killed it. Although, I came back pretty bloodied and battered. Colm ruffled my hair which I swatted his hand away. Noah had engulfed me in a hug.

I had Colm drop me off close to my house after the fight. "Elara..." He said, trailing off.

"Don't," I said coldly. "Just...Please don't. I'll be fine," I said, more trying to reassure myself than them. They always wanted to turn to the police but I've tried. They don't buy it.

I gave both of them a quick smile before I walked down the street. Well, more like ran as I didn't want to be more late than I was through that door.

But when I entered, I was immediately knocked down. I tasted the bitter metal taste in my mouth as my face came in contact with the floor. Jason held the side of my head down on the floor as Scarlett came over with a knife.

I squirmed in Jason's grip but he just pinned me down, gripping my hair and making sure I stayed down.

"Bitch," I muttered but he heard.

That night was excruciatingly painful.

I woke up with a painful jolt, realizing where I was. The memory was awful yet great at the same time. The fighting was great. Not the abuse.

I checked my bedside table, looking at the time. Six in the morning. I overslept. But they didn't say I had to get up and make food so I was fine, right? Right. I actually had a good amount of sleep. Probably the nice bed for once.

I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep though so I threw my legs out of bed, ignoring the pain and headed to my closet.

I put on black high waisted ripped jeans and a gray hoodie that covered my torso. Then I put in my earrings and put on my rings. I had my thin chain bracelet with the initials E & N on it. Noah had one as well. We always wore it.

I went and did my makeup to cover the bruises, making sure nothing was visible.

I then grabbed my white air forces and put them on before unlocking my door and leaving. I didn't know if anyone would be awake, and I sure hoped they wouldn't. I just needed to get some water to jut that memory out of my head.

Walking into the kitchen, I saw Camillo, Alessandro, Lorenzo and Fynn in there. I assumed Santino and Giovanni were doing their 'business.'

Cough, mafia, cough.

Okay, yeah, we get it.

Camillo and Alessandro were squabbling over food, I think. Whatever. "Good morning bambina," Lorenzo said. "Hungry? I made some pancakes," he said.

He made pancakes...

Probably not for you. Maybe just extras.

"Oh, uh, I'm not hungry but thank you," I said with an almost invisible smile to my cold voice.

Fynn scoffed and muttered something I couldn't hear. Alessandro and Camillo looked over at me both, saying a good morning which I acknowledged.

I leaned against the counter, watching as they sat and I fiddled with the rings on my fingers. "How did you sleep?" Lorenzo asked.

"Fine," I said.

"Not good? Used to your little princess treatment back where you came from?" Fynn mocked. My fists clenched and I breathed out. It was taking all my willpower not to bash his face in.

"Fynn," Camillo said.

"What? She knows it," he said.

"Do I?" I asked, staring straight at him and not breaking the eye contact.

He was about to say something but Lorenzo cut him off. "Bambina, your brothers will take you shopping today. I have to go meet with Gio and Dad for business but Camillo, Alessandro and Fynn will take you shopping. Don't worry about money, okay?" He said, seeing me about to object.

"Okay..." I said with a small nod.

He came over to me and raised his arms which made me slightly flinch. God, Elara, you stupid dumbass. Stupid Jason, stupid Scarlett, stupid habits!

Lorenzo put his arms down, slight hurt crossing his features. The others didn't seem to notice besides Fynn who was staring at me. I didn't look at him. "Can I give you a hug?" Lorenzo asked.

I so badly wanted to say yes and just sit in an embrace for hours.

No, you don't want that. You can't trust them.

That's what the back of my brain said.

"I don't do physical contact," I said. Unless I'm beating someone up or killing them.

They didn't need to know that until they told me about the mafia.

Lorenzo stepped back and nodded. "See you later, bambina," he said before leaving the room.

I looked over and met Fynn's gaze who gave me a scrutinizing look before looking away. I sighed and rubbed my hand over my face.

"Who's ready to go shopping?" Alessandro asked, getting up.

This was going to be a long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hidden By RA

General Fiction

22.6K 757 70
Valeriana has known nothing but neglect and abuse. Her mother took her from her father and brothers at the age of 3. Valeriana has no knowledge of he...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

71.1K 2.7K 61
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
299K 7K 29
This story really have a lot of grammar mistakes but I'll edit it as soon as possible. So, if you are a grammar freak.. DO NOT READ THIS STORY. A...
95.3K 1.4K 10
Idalia has been abused ever since she was 3 years old. When she thought things couldn't get any worse and nothing was going to change, she ran. She r...