By Chance | Complete |

By _STMG_

[Completed Book One]After a failed suicide attempt, the death of her parents the same day, and the loss of he... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chpater Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty One
Chapter Eighty Two
Chapter Eighty Three
Epilogue
By Desire - Book Two [Published]

Chapter Eight

10.2K 179 92
By _STMG_

River

Senior year was supposed to be us focusing on sports, school and partying. This year was supposed to be fun with no one in our way. But because of Teddy and Sasha, I was here defending Lyra fucking Williams from some freshmen.

He obviously deserved to be put in his place, but I just wish it wasn't because of her. My stupid fucking friends were ruining our senior year by bringing her into the group. Kind of a dick move of them after i said no several times.

After the kid yelled sorry, I released him before running into the people surrounding us.

I let go of  Lyra and took a step away from her. Fuck she looked out of it. "Are you alright?"

She looked up at me and her brows moved together. I took a step towards her and leaned down to her ear. She smelled so sweet, like floral and vanilla. "Are you alright?" I asked again.

I felt her nod, her soft hair brushed against my ear before she woke, "Thank you...Waterboy?"

Waterboy? Did she just fucking call me Waterboy? I hoped she wouldn't remember that in the morning. I hoped I wouldn't remember it.

"What did you just say?"

She hiccuped before grabbing onto my arm to steady herself. "I need to sit down."

Of course I would be stuck with her while she's like this. I looked behind and found Teddy was dancing with Sasha. I was glad he had found his way back to her, otherwise I'd have to drag two drunk girls upstairs so Lyra could sit down away from the noise.

I grabbed Lyra's wrist and pulled her through the crowd of people and to the stairs. There was a line on the stairs for the bathroom.

After moving her in front of me on the side of the stairs that was clear, I followed close behind only to quickly come to the realisation that putting her in front of me so I could stay behind her in case she lost her balance on the stairs wasn't the best idea. Her perfect round ass was in front of my face. Considering my state, I couldn't tear my eyes away.

Instead of getting laid in one of the empty rooms, I was here taking Williams upstairs. When. We got to the top of the stairs. I grabbed her hips and pointed her to the right hallway.

"Second door on the right."

I put in Levi's door code and brought her over to his four post bed. "Are you going to get sick?" I asked her as her back hit the blue comforter.

"No, I just needed to sit. My head is spinning."

I let out a sigh and sat on the chair close to the bed. "Just to make things clear, nothing has changed."

She let out an annoyed groan. "Can you shut the fuck up? I'm not trying to take your friends from you."

"Will-"

"You can leave now."

"I'm going to go to find you something to drink and eat." I pushed myself off the chair and looked around Levi's room. That prick had to have something around here.

"I'm not hungry." She slurred.

Why did I have a feeling she was going to get sick on me? When Emily and I were dating, I had my fair share of nights taking care of her during a state much Like Lyra's. Although Emily was much nicer than her.

"You need to eat or you'll definitely get sick, Williams."

She sat up and narrowed her eyes at me. "Why don't you ever use my name? I know we hate each other, but I have a name."

I rolled my eyes and opened his mini fridge that sat by his closet door. There were different sodas and energy drinks along with water. After making sure the bottle of water hadn't been opened, I brought it over to Lyra.

When I opened the drawer to the nightstand, I found crackers and an unopened bag of chips. Levi would just have to forgive me for this.

"Crackers or chips?"

She made a face, scrunching her nose up. "Crackers. Answer my question."

I raised a brow at her. So fucking demanding, another reason she annoyed me to the point of boiling blood. I could physically feel my blood boil every time she opened her plump lips, every time she walked into the room or my friends mentioned her.

I sat on the edge of the nightstand and handed her a cracker, "Eat."

"Or what?" She asked before grabbing the cracker from between my fingers.

I knew her type, the spoiled daddy's girl. Every girl I had ever met or known of with a parent as a principal were more snooty than our group. They thought the world owed them and their daddy would fix everything for them.

While Lyra had hardly spoken within the past three years she had been at our school, she didn't have friends, she sat in the back of the class with that resting bitch face. And whenever I had seen someone speak to her, she looked like she was looking for the nearest exit, waiting to make her get away.

She didn't belong in our school, she was the outcast and the complete opposite of her family.

"Eat."

Her chocolate eyes met mine before she grabbed the bottle of smart water that lay next to her and took a sip before taking a small bite of the cracker.

As I sat here and watched her nibbling on her cracker, she infuriated me so often, so simply, but yet here I was taking care of her. I shouldn't care if she got sick or if she drank too much, that was completely on her. She hadn't even eaten much when the girls were getting ready and when we were pregaming, that was surely her fault.

"Why don't you use my name? I hang out with you everyday."

"Correction, you hang out with my friends everyday."

"They invited me." She whined and threw the half eaten cracker before her back hit the blankets again. "They invited me to the group, River."

"Just because you fucked up your life, doesn't mean you have to drag Teddy and Sasha down with you. They have futures and have good lives while you're surrounded by unhappiness. You aren't a happy person, Williams. They'll grow sick of you soon. Teddy and Sasha are happy people, they don't have time for broken people."

"I have tried to push them away." Her voice dropped to a whisper. "They're pushy."

She wasn't wrong, when Sasha wanted something, she stopped at nothing to get it. And she wanted Lyra in this group.

"Eat some more."

"Why are you doing this?"

"I'd never leave a girl alone in your state, even if it's you, Williams."

"Lyra." She corrected me, pulling her knees onto the bed and curling up.

I didn't think she was going to remember this, at least I hoped she wouldn't. I don't want her taking my kindness as something else.

"Williams."

"I hate my last name," She mumbled and covered herself up with the grey blanket that was laid out at the end. "Evers."

"Our names aren't supposed to be liked, our parents give them to us without any regard."

"Do you not like your name?" She asked, surprising me.

River was a fine name, it wasn't a normal one, and it meant more to my parents than myself.

"Do you like yours?"

She shook her head, her hair spilling over her shoulder. "We aren't supposed to like our names." She told me, using my own words.
If it wasn't her, I'd tell her I didn't mind her name. It was nice, it wasn't exactly average.

"I'm going to find Teddy, no one will come in here." I told her but found she was sleeping. Fuck.

I should have seen that coming, there was no way she'd remember this interaction. Which I was glad for, talking about this tomorrow would be fucking awful. Talking to her alone made me want to jump off a fucking bridge.

Maybe it was my buzz fading, but her voice annoyed me to new lengths.

I was supposed to be fucking Alexis Star Tonight , the co-captain of the cheerleading team. I was supposed to have my head buried between her thighs only to end the night with my cock buried in her. Being here, watching Lyra fucking Williams sleep was the opposite of that. I could leave her here, I mean no one would come in here. Levi gave me the code for Alexis and I tonight.

Well she could come up here, Lyra surely wouldn't hear us in the bathroom or the closet, right? But I felt myself smirk, I was wrong.
Alexis's sweet moans would wake her. Alexis had a hard time keeping her voice down. Not that I was complaining, It was a total turn on and she tasted fucking incredible.

Slipping my phone out of my hoodie, I ignored the texts from Alexis and texted back: Can't meet tonight, something came up. I'll make it up to you on Monday in the science closet after second period 😉.

I didn't wait for her answer before I texted Teddy: Upstairs with Williams. She's passed out in Levi's bed.

When he didn't answer, I knew he was off somewhere with Sasha.

"You got Ly?" Teddy asked as he got out of the car, Sasha curled up in his arms.

I gave a nod and slipped my hand under Lyra's knees and my other hand on the small of her back before lifting her from the back seat. We carried the girls into Teddy's house and up to his room.

"I'm going to take Sasha and wash off her makeup. You can take Lyra to my room,"
Teddy told me before carrying his girl upstairs.

I looked at Lyra and found her head against my chest, her mascara smeared across her eyes as if she had rubbed them while sleeping.

When I got her in Teddy's room, I laid her on the grey couch and found a clear bottle on Teddy's dresser that said makeup remover.

Christ, this girl had me removing her fucking makeup and carrying her. I didn't do this, it wasn't me. The only time I ever did this was for Emily, and even then I didn't want to.

When her makeup was removed, I found out she had a scar along her right eyebrow. The tip of my finger grazed over the raised skin, I wondered how she got it.

Did she hit her face off a table as a kid? Did she run into a wall or was she born with the scar?

Something about it never left my thoughts. I wondered what other scars she had, how she had gotten them, if someone else had caused them, intentionally or unintentionally? Maybe if I wasn't such a dick to her, I'd be able to ask her about the scar.

I wondered if Sasha knew, I could ask her. And she'd agree to tell me as long as I promised to be less..Dickish to her new bestie.

I shrugged it off and applied some kind of cream on her face that I had seen Sasha apply whenever she stayed here.

After looking back at the door, and not seeing Teddy yet, I slipped her sleeve up and found her wrists covered by bandages and makeup.
The scars under those bandages were the only ones I knew how she got, the only ones that were fucking public knowledge; when they shouldn't have been.

I sighed and checked my phone, seeing Callan had added me to a group chat: The Fiftieth 🏆.

I hid the notifications and deleted the few texts that were there. Tonight's meeting had decided to finalise everything, the only thing we needed was our challenges. I'd make sure to never talk in the group nor acknowledge it. Callan was stupid for making this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
247 11 11
Azaria has transformed over the summer. She is no longer that shy and timid girl but is now confident in her identity. She is 18, and it is senior ye...
131K 3.4K 21
[UNDER RECONSTRUCTION] Highest Ranking #1 Teenstories "Get your hands off me!" He smirked and leaned closer to my face. "Why should I?" "Because I sa...
357 37 8
"Im going to fucking break you" Reston burred. "Please. Please. Please. I beg you. Don't hurt me." I cried taking steps back. Blair Summers has alway...