Love At The Headington Hill

By peculiarbookworm777

She wanted a love story, but not a messed up one. ... More

CHAPTER 1 - Them.
CHAPTER 2 - Dates and desires.
CHAPTER 3 - Plannings.
CHAPTER 4 - Frenemies.
CHAPTER 5 - Moments.
CHAPTER 6 - Delight and Delimma.
CHAPTER 7 - Problems from the Past.
CHAPTER 8 - Smiles and Secrets.
CHAPTER 10 - Life and Lies.
CHAPTER 11 - Preparations and Suspicions.
CHAPTER 12 - Troubles bleed through.
CHAPTER 13 - Truths and Schemes.
CHAPTER 14 - Tangled Threads
CHAPTER 15 - Kisses and Christmas.
CHAPTER 16 - Snowflakes.
CHAPTER 17 - Love and Unfinished demands.
CHAPTER 18 - Arthur Bryant
CHAPTER 19 - Open Wound.
CHAPTER 20 - Illicit Discoveries.
CHAPTER 21 - Memories And Missed Calls.
CHAPTER 22 - A Marvellous Day.
CHAPTER 23 - Lone Nights.

CHAPTER 9 - Confusions.

51 3 3
By peculiarbookworm777

Julian was starting to feel really bored.

When he had come down to check on Felix's progress, he had not thought that the young man would refuse to accept any kind of help. Hence, he had to sit and watch him struggle with the copper wires.
,
Even though he had insisted on switching up their places a hundred times.

"I am good at this stuff" he had said, with a nervous chuckle.

Julian wondered what Valerie and Sebastian were conversing about upstairs.

"Felix, are you not done yet? I had really hoped we could sit for the Thanksgiving dinner around this time." Ivory's voice echoed through the halls. She arrived, checking on her watch.

"Just a few more minutes mum" Felix gave an apologetic look.

"Its alright, take you time and be careful." Ivory added, "I will go call Valerie and Sebastian."

Julian waited. About ten minutes later, his friend and girlfriend climbed down the flight of stairs. Both looked like nervous kids attending preschool for the first time.

"Hey" Valerie said in her surprisingly low voice.

"Hey" Felix and Julian replied in unison.

"Is the electricity coming back anytime soon?" Sebastian threw the question randomly, avoiding Felix's glance. His voice was tight.

"I do not know, Fel-" Julian was cut off by the lights switching back on.

"There it is." Felix said, relief stretched across his face.

"Oh, thank you son" Ivory said, and added, "Come on fast, time is running out. I will arrange the dinner. Oh and Julian, dear, would you mind calling up Fred? He is upstairs.

Julian nodded and went back to the second floor. Fred Osborne had already come out of his room and was headed downstairs. Julian called.

"Hey Fred, Ivory is calling you downstairs. She is arranging the dinner." He then paused for a moment,"I will arrive there in a second, alright?"

"Great!" Fred replied with enthusiasm. Julian smiled. That man is always in a good mood isn't he?

Julian had suddenly remembered that he had left his phone in Sebastian's room. So he headed to the direction of the stairs leading to the third floor.

The place was quiet. It generally was, considering that it only had Sebastian's room and the Library. He pushed open the door to his friend's room.

The insides were as usual, except that the lights were now back. Julian took his phone and turned off the lights.

Just when he was going to leave, his eyes caught on a slightly open door that was connected to the room. Julian had always wondered what was in there. But he had no time to fret over a small room.

He went towards the spot and was about to close the doorway, when he smelled Cocoa and lilies.

Valerie.

She had been in that room, he knew she had. But then again, he was probably just imagining things.

He closed the door shut and walked out of the room.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Valerie had never felt this weird.

She remembered the incident that took place just fifteen minutes ago all too well. And here she was now. Sitting face to face with her boyfriend Julian Peterson. She had started doubting her sanity at this point.

The Thanksgiving dinner passed in a blur of thoughts. The food was delicious and everyone was really cheerful.
Especially Julian.

After they had finished, the desserts were brought. Ivory suddenly threw a question at Sebastian.

"So, how are things going on between you and your brother?" Ivory asked with a mouthful of apple pie.

Sebastian's expression suddenly became wooden and his fork hovered on the plate just above his pie. Then he set it down calmly. Felix was watching his actions with a scrupulous countenance. The other man replied after some silence.

"I do not wish to talk about it."

"Why are you suddenly acting like an old man from the seventeenth century? I just asked you a question." Ivory said, there was a slight mockery in her voice.

"I am full" Felix suddenly said. Sebastian did the same, then they were both off to their rooms. Sebastian left first, Felix followed him.

Valerie got up too. "I will go talk to Felix." Then she sped off.

She followed Felix up the stairs and when he finally reached his room, she abruptly got inside before he could.

"Look" She started, "I know my friend does not like me being nosey with his problems, but I am trying to be rational here. I think you should try talking to him. He does not want to start a conversation, but you can! Please just try to make everything normal again. This might be your last chance, because he is hurting too."

"And I'm sorry, for his attitudes" She finished.

Felix stared at her open-mouthed, trying to grasp what just happened.

"I will take your advice, but you have to answer me something." Felix said after a long moment.

"What is it?"

Felix lowered his voice, "Do you like my brother?"

Whatever the girl was expecting, it was certainly not this. It felt like a lightning striking her insides. But no, she was not sure what the answer to this question was.

She averted her eyes from his.

"I don't know" was all she managed to say before she escaped the room.

☆♤◇♡◇♧☆

Sebastian struggled to sleep that night.

Thoughts of all the happenings of the day came back to him. The load-shedding, his music room, Valerie's hands, the moment whe-

No.

This was a mistake.

Sebastian got out of his bed, then opened the door. He could hear faint whispering coming down from the hall. But he did not care anyway. He wanted to just...walk.

As soon as he stepped in the second floor, he knew he had made a mistake.

Valerie leaned against a wall as Julian moved his lips through hers passionately. The girl was not doing much, her eyes were open, her expression puzzled. Julian on the other hand, continued his actions.

When they noticed his presence in the room, Julian quickly pulled away. Sebastian cleared his throat.

"Right, sorry. I'll leave" he started towards the stairs.

"Its alright, we don't mind. We were just about to go to bed." Julian said, clearly offended.

"Okay" Sebastian replied plainly.

"We leave tomorrow, don't we?" Valerie spoke up.

"Yes, eight o'clock" Sebastian replied looking straight through her. He knew how she was feeling and it was not her fault. It was no one's. Time was to blame. And their feelings, not them.

Valerie gave a slight nod then glanced at Julian.

They waited for someone to speak up.

"Good night then, mate" Julian finally smashed the deafening silence.

"Night" Sebastian said, before slipping into the marble staircases and the darkness ahead.

A/N :

Helloooo!

So, here is the ninth chapter. Hope you enjoyed it!

And this chapter is pretty short, I will try to make the next one longer.

Good night to you too! ( it's night where I live :) )

Don't forget to vote!

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 972 40
Aurora has always had one goal; to study and get as far away as possible from her house. Life was never easy for her but it seemed to get worse when...
568K 20.7K 59
He stops talking at the sight of me and looks me up and down, leaning against my door frame. "Damn ma you look sexy as hell." I look myself in the m...
53.6K 1.4K 49
*COMPLETED* Old school love... is that too much to ask? Just two kids being in love with each other, dreaming about their life together, no drama...
9.8K 341 10
It's time for the London Comic Con, you're surprising your 8 year old niece for her birthday by taking her to meet & greet with Joseph Quinn. It doe...