Elara

4stridesmore

" They're words. They mean whatever you interpret." Elara Valenti, a seventeen year old girl just trying to g... Еще

Characters
Tattoos
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 6

943 30 4
4stridesmore

It was actually a decent room. It was a dark vibe inside and I loved it. There were modern lights on the ceiling, a bed with a gray bedding and a fluffy blanket in the middle. To the side of the door was a round marble black table and it was just my type of room all around.

The bathroom and walk in closet were both modern and both didn't fail to disappoint.

(Bedroom, Bathroom and Walk in closet)

I gazed around the room, still with my emotionless face on. "What do you think?" Alessandro asked, slightly fiddling with the hem of his sweatshirt sleeve.

"I like it. Glad it's not bright and pink," I said monotonously.

Alessandro nodded. "We didn't know what to do so just decided on this. Glad you like it," he said.

I rolled my suitcase over by the bathroom door where the closet was connected to. "I'm just going to unpack," I said, hoping he'd leave. "And is there a phone I can barrow?" I asked.

"You don't have one?" Alessandro asked. 

I shrugged. "Broke before I came here." I hadn't had time to get a new one as I was on bed rest, much to my dislike, trying to heal from what they did to me. The pain still was there but I mostly felt numb as I was used to this kind of thing.

Alessandro nodded and pulled out his phone before handing it to me. "I just need to make a quick call," I said. Alessandro nodded and just went and sat on my bed.

I walked into the bathroom, closed and locked the door then walked into my closet and did the same thing. That's when I dialed Noah's number. He has lately had a bunch of calls from random numbers being me.

"He-" he began but I cut him off.

"It's Elara," I said.

"Oh! How are you? Are you okay? Have they been treating you right?" Noah rambled.

"I'm fine as of right now. But my family is the one who owns Valenti Enterprises," I said.

"What?" Noah asked over the phone.

"Yeah, I know. I don't know if you got a good look at them when I was in the station. So basically, they're loaded and I'm calling off of one of their phones," I said. 

I heard Noah sigh from the other end of the line. "I'll get a phone soon," I said. "Until then, let's hope everything goes smoothly," I said. "I will do a background on them once I get my laptop out."

"Okay. Please be careful. Who knows, I bet they're great," he said. I know he was just saying that to try and encourage my hope. "But I love you E," he said.

"Love you too, Noah," I said. "Goodnight."

There was a mumbled 'goodnight' from the other end of the line before we cut the call. I unlocked the door of the closet then walked out and did the same with the bathroom door. I walked out, making sure my stoic face was on.

"Everything alright?" He asked.

"Just perfect," I said, sarcasm in my words.

I handed him his phone back and made sure to keep distance between us. He got up to leave but turned around before he reached the door. "Can I give you a hug?" He asked.

"I don't do physical touch," I said.

I saw his face slightly falter but he gave me a small smile then slipped out of the room. After he left, I went to my suitcase and pulled out my laptop. I had many firewalls, so it was untraceable to others.

I went and sat on the comfortable bed. Nearly as comfortable as Noah's. I laid back on it and lifted the screen of my laptop. I had a flashback from when I was younger. Fifteen to be exact.

"Amina, you know I don't have much time," I said as my other best friend besides Noah dragged me by my wrist to her car.

"I know, I know. I promise this will be quick. But I'm pretty sure I caught my brother kissing a girl right outside our house!" She squealed. Amina and her family were of the Greek Mafia. Her brother was two years older than us.

"Okay, I can hack into the cameras. Let's go!" I said. We ran to her car and I got in the driver side. She knew I would drive. In that moment, I forgot all about what the consequences of me going home would be.

Soon, we arrived at her mansion and the guards let us in without a further glance. After I parked, we got out, laughing. Well, she was laughing, I was smiling. Who knew this would be hours before they broke me for good.

I was a very closed off person. The only people I really smiled with was Amina and Noah. The two people who were the light of my life.

We ran into her mansion, and I bumped into her brother. A wince emitted from me as my injured shoulder jarred. Amina and Noah were the only people who knew about most of the things that happened to me. 

Nicholas, Amina's brother looked down at me. "Are you alright?" He asked.

My emotionless face was back on. "Just perfect," I said with a tight-lipped smile before slipping past him and joining Amina.

We did find her brother kissing- no, making out with a girl near their mansion and we giggled.  That night when I went home, my life changed for the worse.

Before that memory could go any further, I shook it out of my head. I remembered when I opened that laptop, Amina crowded in with me how we laughed and looked through the footage.

Amina was a beautiful girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, taking after her mother. Her brother, Nicholas had dark hair like their father but the same eyes as Amina and their mother.

I was beat very badly that day and something even worse that I hated to think about happened. Those memories would not surface. Ever.

That was before I got Amina killed. We were on an assassin mission together. Well, I was just helping her trying to kill a man who stole assets from one of their warehouses. Like me, Amina was an assassin. I taught her stuff I knew, too.

But we walked right into their trap. The warehouse we went to when tracking him down exploded. I remember carrying a bloodied and unconscious Amina in my arms as I was bleeding out from my leg.

"Come on, Amina! Come on!" I cried as the lean girl lay limp in my arms. It was hard trying to carry myself and her out of the burning warehouse as I was injured. When we got out, I immediately called Nicholas who informed his family.

I waited with Amina until they came. Then I got up and was ready to head back into that warehouse to kill that fucker. Nicholas put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't go back in, we'll track him down," he said as I heard orders being shouted over everyone.

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and turned towards his six foot frame, looking him dead in the eyes. "That fucker just shot my best friend. Hell, I don't even know if she's going to live!" A tear escaped my eye. "I'm going back in there."

And I had. I turned and left before he could protest. I went in there, tracked down the man that had set this up and I tortured him while the warehouse began to crumble around us. Soon, I had killed him and quickly got out as everything began to set on fire.

Nicholas had waited for me outside. I got in his car and we began to drive to their private hospital. I had this weight of guilt on me, though. It was all my fault. I said we should go in there.

"God, it's all my fault," I muttered as we waited outside the hospital room, putting my head in my hands, my elbows resting on my knees.

"No, it's not," Nicholas said from beside me. Their mom and dad had gotten up to get their extended family.

"Yes, it is. I said we should go in there and this happened," I said, a few tears falling down my face and into my palms.

I forgot about my leg injury until Nicholas pointed it out.

No. No. I was not thinking of that. I was the one who led her in there.

I shook that out of my mind as I logged into my laptop. Alright, time to get hacking.

I got into their security system, then trying to get into the files. I worked past the firewalls and systems they had up. It took a little bit, but I finally got in. They need new security systems.

Why do you care?

Because I live here now, conscience.

There! I got it. I found the file with their backgrounds. I pulled it up and looked through it.

What I saw was not much expected, though. They were in the mafia. The Italian Mafia. Well shit. That's not good.

Last time I checked, the Greek and Italian Mafia weren't on the best terms.

Why do you care? You're not in contact with their family anymore. Amina is dead because of you.

I hated this guilty feeling. It had happened two years ago. I had been forced to move shortly after that. Now that I think of it, Noah has moved with me to every place. That warmed my cold heart a bit.

There was a knock on the door. I quickly exited out of everything and closed my laptop, putting it in the desk drawer. "Come in," I said.

Lorenzo walked in. "Hey bambina," he said.

Bambina. 

An Italian word. Further proves my point.

"I came to get you for dinner," he said. I nodded and got off the bed.

I followed him silently down the hall to the stairs. "Do you like your room?" He asked.

"Yes," I said. That was the only words we spoke.

We entered a large dining room where there was a large table with my newfound family was sitting. Lorenzo went and took a seat next to the head of the table by Giovanni. I just stood there.

"Sit," Giovanni said. I wearily made my way to the open seat on the end of the table next to Camillo. Alessandro was across from me, Fynn next to him then Giovanni at the head. Next to Camillo was Lorenzo.

Food was place in front of us by servants. I quietly thanked the woman who set the food in front of me. She looked a little taken aback by this.

Of course they don't thank anyone. They've always had a roof over their heads, food on their plate.

We all began to eat silently, Camillo and Alessandro occasionally cracking jokes back and forth. "How do you like it so far here, Elara," Giovanni's deep voice cut through the silence.

"It's fine," I said in my usual cold tone.

Fynn scoffed. "Of course you're ungrateful," he said.

"Fynn-" Alessandro started, looking at his twin but I cut him off.

"Did you thank the maids that brought us food?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, my eyes glaring daggers through his.

He didn't answer. 

"That's what I thought," I said. "Not everyone grew up with a roof over their heads and food on their plates."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Camillo asked.

"They're words. They mean whatever you interpret," I said.

We all went back to eating and I could feel Fynn glaring holes into me, but I ignored it.

Soon, everyone finished as I had finished close to half of my plate. I never have had a big appetite. "That's all you're going to eat?" Alessandro asked.

"I'm not hungry," I said.

"You were in the police station before they even informed you of our arrival and we just had a long plane ride. Can you try and eat some more?" Lorenzo asked.

"I said I'm not hungry," I close to gritted out. Lorenzo just sighed in defeat.

"Brat," Fynn muttered loud enough for us to hear.

I was going to snap back at him but Alessandro cut me off. "Why were you in the police station before?" He asked. Lorenzo and Giovanni slightly smirked.

"Oh, you know, they told me that my house burned down, Scarlett and her husband weren't located, blah blah blah. Oh, and I was arrested," I said. They all slightly tensed at Scarlett's name and probably why I didn't call her my mom or call Jason my stepdad.

"You were arrested?" Camillo and Alessandro both asked. 

"Yes," I said with a shrug. "Nothing new."

"Bullshit," Fynn said. What did he have against me? I've literally spoken two words to him.

I shrugged. "I suggest you don't look at my records then," I said. My records that could be showed to the public. Not my underground records. Those weren't even a thing. I would never allow them to be.

"Now if you'd excuse me, I've got work to catch up on," I said, standing up and sliding my chair back. Lie. I don't have work to catch up on. Just some contacting and looking into the Italian Mafia to do.

I didn't give them another look before I left and headed back upstairs.

A/N

Chapter 6 complete! Two chapters in one day. 😎

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Missing Princess AURORA🙄

Подростковая литература

81.9K 2K 35
Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Italian mafia and the Vasiliev Russian mafi...
Saving Celestine Opal Danra

Любовные романы

37.1K 710 23
Celestine was worried that after 10 years of living in misery in the end there really was no one to save her . At age 15 she was starting to give up...
14.2K 228 17
𝕯𝖆𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖍 𝕬𝖌𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖎 Despite being abused by her step father since she was 13, she will not hesitate to kill you if you make one wrong move. One...
The family wreck daisy_obsessed_girl

Художественная проза

9.9K 413 28
"The monsters under my bed used to scare me and I used to seek refuge with people but now I know. The monsters are not actually under my bed, it's th...