DEVMITRA - the thread of fate

By RitikaLahkar

How beautiful their friendship was.... Two little girls playing with toys,concocted stories, sharing laughter... More

Note to the readers
CHAPTER - 1
MAIN CHARACTERS
CHAPTER - 2
CHAPTER -3
CHAPTER - 4
CHAPTER-5
CHAPTER -6
CHAPTER -7
CHAPTER -8
CHAPTER - 9
CHAPTER -10
CHAPTER - 11
CHAPTER-12
CHAPTER -13
CHAPTER -14
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
CHAPTER -15
CHAPTER-16
CHAPTER -17
CHAPTER -18
CHAPTER -20

CHAPTER -19

3 0 0
By RitikaLahkar

Sanghamitra was so engrossed in reading the book that she lost the track of time. The evening sun was emanating the red hue of light across the sky. Flocks of birds were returning home to their nests. Light breeze was blowing rustling the leaves of the tress. Mitra was sitting beside her window reading her book. Two days had passed after that incident in the royal library. She hadn't see her husband after that. Although she felt a little relieved but somehow she felt some kind of disappointment as well. It was confusing her mind. Within these couple of days she learnt many things about the palace and Antespura. Her lessons with Guruma Madhavi had been postponed because she had to attend some Puja. But Mitra tried to learn in her own ways.

The book she was reading provided her with a lot of unknown anecdotes about the history of Viswathal. Some directly stating facts while others portraying metaphorically. She was amazed when she heard that before there were other races apart from Jyotiragas and Kashavargas in their land. However, with innumerable wars those races were exterminated with time. Only the Jyotiragas and Kashavargas survived. Hence,to avoid further defunct of the remaining races,the treaty was signed. Although the book didn't give a clear depiction of those other races but it gave the idea that once their land was rich with various cultures and variety in the way of living. However,the book was majorly interpolated. It didn't seemed like the original and authentic one. Many chapters included only tell the stories of Jyotiragas and Kashavargas especially describing the stories after the great war. It left out a major part of history and it intrigued Mitra to a great extent.

She was absorbed in reading the book when there was a knock in her door. She told the person to come in.

"Pranam Rajkumari Sanghamitra" a girl greeted her. She was beautiful with oval face and dark hair. Her doe like eyes shining, reflecting the evening sun. She was wearing a light saffron colour dress that matches her slightly tanned skin tone. Her feature was not that sharp but rather she was more on the pretty and soft side.

"Pranam" Mitra greeted back with a smile. " May I know who are you? I didn't see you here earlier"

The girl smiled and said,"I am Arundhati. Daughter of Guru Dhiraj. He is prince Abhiranjan's teacher".

Mitra smiled and said " Oh, i didn't heard about you earlier. But I am glad to meet you. And thank you for coming here to meet me. It is really lonely here. I have no one to talk to."

"I know the palace, even with a lot of people still feel lonely sometimes especially when you have no one to talk to. Anyways, I am here to see the new princess of Antespura. I heard what happened when I returned from my uncle's house. I admire you for your courage and I appreciate and thank you for saving my childhood friend" Arundhati said gratefully.

Childhood friend? Mitra thought, an almost untraceable frown formed on her forehead. She didn't know that prince Ranj had a childhood friend. He didn't say anything about her. But it was also the reality that they didn't know much about each other.

"It was the decision I had to take at that moment for greater good. No need to thank me for that. But if you don't mind I am curious to know about your friendship with Prince Abhiranjan. But please have a seat first" Mitra gestured Arundhati to take the sit.

When they both sat in their seats comfortably, Arundhati replied," Whatever the reason is but it takes courage to think like that in the time of crisis and act on it with strength. I couldn't believe when I heard that you had completed the Atmakarana. It was almost a lost process since no one could successfully do it. It must have been fate and blessings of Mother Goddess. Anyways, about my friendship with Ranj", Arundhati paused and chuckled," It just happened. My father is his Guru. So, I became close to him and our friendship grew with time. I will tell you honestly that even at some point, I started to have feelings for him"

Mitra was startled after hearing that. Her eyes widened a bit in astonishment. Arundhati glanced at her and shake her with a laugh," No No, don't worry. It was a silly crush I had on him. I knew that my feelings will be unrequited. Also, Prince Ranj was already betrothed. So, I never let my feelings escalate to something more. He has always been my friend."

Mitra schooled her expression and said, " I am not worried. It was just a little bit shocking. Anyways, now I will not be alone here. We can talk and you can help me with learning more about this place. Only if you don't mind"

"Why would I mind. It will be my pleasure to do that". Arundhati smiled.

They continued their conversation when Arundhati's eyes suddenly fall on the book Mitra was reading lying beside her. She asked Mitra if she could see the book to which Mitra agreed readily.
She turned over some pages and was squinting her eyes throughout the process.

"What is it?" Mitra asked curiously.

"I know this book. Once I tried to read it. My father said that this was basically a tampered version of the original book. So,i never read it." Arundhati looked at Mitra and asked," You are interested in history?"

Mitra nodded her head," I am very much fond of history. And not only history but many other subjects that intrigued my mind. And you are right my experiences with books easily told me that this is much more an interpolated version. I wish I could read the original one."

"The original copy was lost as per my knowledge. My father told me about it. But I believe it was either lost or well hidden somewhere in the palace. And it's nice to know that we share the same interest. I am also an avid lover of books as well.But now I am learning and practicing medicine and healing techniques from the royal physician. So, I don't have much time to explore more books." Arundhati said glumly.

It was a new information for Sanghamitra. Her expression morphed into an astounded one.She didn't know that women were allowed to practice their powers in Antespura. She couldn't help but asked," You are allowed to practice your power? Isn't there any restriction here on using your power?"

Arundhati shaked her head.

"No, there is no restrictions here. Earlier many parts of this land didnot allow women to practice their power because they didn't have to go to war. It was not necessity back then. But there was no certain rule that impede the women folk from learning to use their powers. But of course,with time people set boundaries for us. However, it is allowed in here. In fact many women do practice it here in Antespura."

Mitra was amazed to learn that. She had always wanted to do more with her powers and energy. But she thought that it was a norm set for the women to avoid doing that. She remembered how Kirti used to secretly use her power and she had to stopped her before someone caught them. Now that she could do it freely. It gave her a new thrill. A new kind of enthusiasm erupted inside her.

" Wow, i didn't know about that. It will be so great to explore my own powers. If I am not asking for much, could you help me with it?" Mitra asked looking at Arundhati with expecting eyes.

Arundhati smiled, " I think you should ask Ranj to teach you. He would be able to direct you efficiently. I am more of a healing practitioner. So, i can't help you a lot in this matter."

Mitra sighed and nodded. She was excited to learn more but didn't know how to ask him. Moreover, he was no where to be found after that library incident. It was like he was avoiding her. But she was determined through. She would definitely asked him to teach her more about how to use her powers.

      ******************************

Devkirti entered the Kitchen and saw Taash cooking something in a big couldron. Various ingredients were laid I front of him. The aroma of exotic spices wafted in the air reached her nose. It excited her senses. She rhapsodically scampered towards him to look what he was cooking. Upon seeing her, Taash bowed down on his knee in reverence. Kirti waved her hand flippantly and said, " Taash,you don't have to bowed down in front of me everytime. I don't like it. Please cease doing that from now on."

Taash hesitated and replied, " But my lady, It is my duty to show my respect and regards towards you."

"It is also your duty to follow your lady's order. And I ask you to stop it from now on."

Taash hesitantly nodded his head.

Kirti smiled at him and averted her eyes towards the big pot where Taash was cooking. She had never tasted food like she had in here before in her life. And now she was curious to know more about the food and the techniques of cooking. But something was absurd. There were only three people in the palace. Then why was Taash cooking so much food that to for only one meal?

'Taash, why are you cooking so much food? There are only three people here in the palace." Kirti questioned. A small frown marred on her forehead.

Taash seemed reluctant to answer her question and it intrigued her even more.

"My lady, i could only say that I was ordered to cook food in these amount by Master.I apologise that I can't say anything further" Taash avoided looking at her and resumed his work.

Kirti's frown grew bigger. What was her husband hiding? He was an strange person that she knew but this strangeness seemed to amplified her curiosity even more. His ambiguity was hard to decode. Although she was certain that there were some eerily deep secrets that were well concealed by him. And she was somehow titillated to unveiled them slowly.

        *******************************

HEY, GUYS. MY BREAK WAS OVER. NOW I HAVE TO RESUME MY WORK. SO,THE UPDATES WILL HAVE AN IRREGULAR PATTERN. BUT I PROMISE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR LONGER.

THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS TO COME. SO, STAY TUNED AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY.

THANKS AND ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 652 18
𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 : sexual content!! [𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗] ______ 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 ____________________________________________ He lifted my dre...
957K 51.6K 38
Completed on May 29, 2020. ~ "Ap...." (You....) Muntaha couldn't utter anything else as Faris 'shh'ed her. He grabbed her by her shoulders and turned...
136K 8.7K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
2.5M 94K 51
Naina was an orphan with so many dreams. But had to give up those dreams due to fate. When she was forced to marry India's youngest billionaire, she...