WE ARE ALIVE NOW

Від Hazazel7

A life without love or purpose is a world without a name. One year after saving the world yet again, Naruto U... Більше

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
FINAL CHAPTER: WE ARE ALIVE NOW.

CHAPTER TWELVE

3 0 0
Від Hazazel7

[Thud, Thud, Thud!!!]

Naruto rouse from slumber at the continuous banging on the door, he sits up with a start upon his couch wearing only a pajama pants. His ocean eyes went straight to the door.

' What the hell? ' Naruto thought.

Naruto gets off the couch and speeds to his bedroom, he returns to the living room in a second, clothed wearing a white sleeveless shirt with a black collar. Then he walked over to the door, and as he was about to reach for the knob, a familiar voice spoke from the opposite end of the door.

" Naruto, open this door right now! "

Naruto's heart jumps in his chest, as he thought, ' Hiashi, ' " what is Hinata's father doing here? " Kurama inquires.

' Beats me, but he sounds pissed so it can't be anything good. We'll just have to find out, now won't we ' Naruto replied.

Naruto grips the knob, turns it and pulls inward. Hiashi Hyuga's hand pushes the door all the way in forcefully, then he steps right up to Naruto's face before grabbing him by the collar with one hand and walking him back into his apartment before he could step out.

" Tell me Naruto Uzumaki, how can you do that to my daughter. After a year of being together, when you knew how much she loves you! " Yelled the Hyuga clan head with a form of rage, Naruto hadn't quite seen before.

The fury upon the clan head's face, left Naruto's mind a husk in his own head. He wasn't sure how to react, he didn't even know what Hiashi was going on about.

" Say something damn it, why did you do it, why did you cheat on my daughter! ".

At the escape of the words out of Hiashi's lips, Naruto felt every cell in his body zap to life. " What did he just say, cheat? Has he grown senile or what " said Kurama.

" I didn't cheat on Hinata, " Naruto says with a stern expression. Hiashi laughs scornfully, before raising a newspaper and flashing it in front of Naruto's face. " you didn't? Alright, how do you explain this. Because it's pretty clear what was going on, "

Hiashi pulls back tossing the newspaper in Naruto's face, the paper drops, but he catches it with both his hands. Naruto reads the article upon the newspaper, and it read...

         NARUTO UZUMAKI AND THE MIZUKAGE'S AFFAIR.

[ A week ago, Uzumaki Naruto. The brave war hero from the hidden leaf village, departed to Hidden mist village for the opening of his golden statue to the world. A symbol of his victory, and the world was very happy for the Jinchuriki. Unfortunately, a week ago it was revealed the fifth Mizukage and the hero of the Shinobi world were having an affair. An AFFAIR, because Uzumaki Naruto also has a commitment to a lady of the Hyuga clan. Hinata Hyuga. Below this article, are proofs of their affair ].

Naruto gazes upon the photos, and they were of when Mei Terumi held his hand to the public, the moment he had his hand on her hair, and she had her's on his chest; others were of Mei Terumi going into the building Naruto's temporary residence was in, and her being pulled by him into her room.

The newspaper slips out of Naruto's grasp, as he loses the will to keep looking at the contents.

" You have no words to defend yourself? How come, how is it possible for Naruto! to not have something to say about what he just said he didn't do. Or do you also lie now, "

' I'm not a liar, ' " yeah tell him " said the fox energetically... " I'm sorry ", " yeah that's how you do it- - wait what the fuck did you just say? "

Naruto hangs his head low refusing to meet Hiashi's gaze, as he clenches the newspaper.

" You're sorry? So it's all true then, you're having an affair with that woman, a woman that age. Three years and what, look at what fame and power has turned you into. Making my daughter cry... Tch, pathetic ".

Naruto could feel the veins in his head stretch, whilst his sclera becomes stained with bloody veins, causing him to clench harder and as he did, his nails began to dig into his palms, causing them to bleed.

Hiashi withdraws a few centimeters, but made no turn around to leave, which Naruto was really hoping he would do.

" I really thought you were an intelligent boy, when you decided to date my daughter. I believed you had come to understand the value of a powerful clan, and you were ready to merge our influences and become an unstoppable clan. But instead, you proved yourself to be an idiot, in choosing to throw all the opportunity away for what. A youthful fling? with an older woman, who happens to be the fifth Mizukage no less " said Hiashi.

Naruto wasn't sure why, it almost felt like he was compelled to it, and as he did he cursed inwardly. His curses were not to Hiashi, but to himself for this humiliation which he'd brought about upon himself.

Hiashi wasn't surprised, he merely glared as Naruto withdrew and went down on both his knees, and thus watched as the blond hero bowed his head down unto the tatami floor of his living room: before the head of the Hyuga clan.

" What is this? You think begging will fix any of this, "

" Naruto get up, what the fuck are you doing. Have you lost your mind? " roared the fox.

" Forgive me Hiashi san, I never meant for any of this. I would never do anything to hurt Hinata, " Naruto pleads with a voice filled with no remorse.

Hiashi's countenance hardened against the blond, his insides boiled with rage as he could feel the insincerity radiating of the hero.

" What kind of madness has possessed you to this point, as the nine tailed demon fox really taken you over- -  and the rest of the village believed you had finally tamed the fox, and there was nothing to worry about. But now, all I see is a monster pleading his case without any shred of guilt. Has your hate finally blossomed for this village and it's people, is this what we get for having housed you for two decades. I even allowed you to be with my daughter, what more could you have ever desired that this village hasn't given you!!! Tell me, what else would you have us do for you! " Hiashi yelled.

At that point the whole neighborhood was aware, as it was just early noon, and winter was already passing. The villagers could move about freely, but they themselves having seen the newspapers, all they could do was just listen to the loud barks of the Hyuga clan head, and the inaudible responses of the blond hero.

' They never forgot, as I never did as well. What have I really changed except my status, from worthless to useful. I am an asset, as long as I do not stray from the path that has been set before me since the inception of my birth. ' Naruto thought.

" Naruto you are not a monster, I may be, but you are not. You should get him to understand that, " said Kurama.

" Tell me, Hiashi san. I need the love of everyone in the village to become the Hokage right?, " Naruto asked not daring to look up.

Hiashi scoffs. " Love? After this, all you'll be known for his being a cheater. A boy trying to stretch his thin limbs even thinner. I failed to realize that you were just seeking acknowledgement, and so you made everyone love and believe in you. You had me fooled, but now after you've earned it all, you decided to trample upon all the lives that trusted in you. For what, the embrace of a old woman? "

Naruto wanted to get up and face Hiashi, and stop him from dragging Mei Terumi into their conversation: but he couldn't. He just remained as he was, head bowed. However, there was a urge that was strong enough, a desire deep enough for him to speak, he wanted to know.

" Are you saying I was some kind of mastermind, some trickster who played everyone into liking him? " He asked.

" You got yourself to stop being shunned and mocked by the villagers, you earned yourself title of hero. I will not call you a mastermind, but what you have just done to my clan. Making my daughter and I look like fools, as erased your whole Innocent act. So the best thing you can do now, is own up to this monster you have chosen to become, "

Hiashi goes down on one knee and whispered into Naruto's ear, " because that is what you have always been ". Hiashi withdraws and turns his back to leave.

" Yet you let me be with Hinata? ", " i thought you were different. A new sun for this village, but in the end with that evil shadow you call a friend. It was just a matter of time before you became corrupted to, but I hoped that would not be the case. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I should have never let you anywhere my daughter " Hiashi said with venom.

Hiashi proceeded forward, but as he was about to reach the doorway; Hinata steps up, huffing and puffing, her hair disheveled, and her sclera red with tears.

" Dad, I pleaded with you to not come here. Why did you come here, what have you done, " she asked, " what have I done? I put this wretched cheating beast in his place. Come let's go, you should never see him again... "

Hiashi walks out and grabs Hinata by the arm, intending to pull her away with him. But as he came out of the apartment, Hinata took notice of the position Naruto was in, as well as the blood which had sipped from Naruto's hands to the floor and all of a sudden she became kindled with rage.

Then she forcefully jerked her arm back, releasing herself from her father's grip. Her featureless white eyes, flared up with so much anger Hiashi stepped back in shock.

" Did you hurt him?, " she asked with a voice, though normally meek, had become unrepentantly vicious.

" I- I just told him off- ", " did you call him a monster? " " Umm... "

" Hinata please don't, don't quarrel with your father. He was just trying to get back at me for the photos, so just listen to him " Naruto said looking down still.

Hinata looks away with a stern expression, " leave. I don't need you meddling in my relationships, when we are not married " said Hinata.

Hiashi had nothing more to say to this, so he turned away and descended the stairs, till he was well on his way. Hinata, steps into the apartment and closes the door behind her.

She immediately ran over to Naruto, and took him by the arm, trying to lift him back unto his feet, but Naruto stayed her arm with his hands, stopping on his knees, uprightly looking at her.

Hinata checked his bloody hands, and as she did, she discovered there was not a wound. And also realized whatever wounds were there, was self inflicted.

" Hinata chan, that's enough. You can stop caring now. I have failed you, and betrayed you, " " what are you talking about. Everyone is just making assumptions, you didn't cheat on me, none of those pictures prove anything " she said

"I kissed her " He confessed.

For a moment Hinata found herself stunned to the bone, but with a burst of energy from within, she freed herself. And thus she shook her head.

" Nonsense, you take this things too seriously. It was just an honest mistake, we can look past this and continue- " " it wasn't a mistake, I wanted to kiss her-ah "

Naruto paused stunned by a slap to the face, he glanced and tears had begun to flow from her eyes. Naruto despite having gotten a slap to the face, knew that he had given Hinata a rasengan to the gut. He could see her pain written on her face.

" Was I that worthless, was I that pathetic that you went and kissed the fifth Mizukage after meeting her for the first time after the war. Do I even mean anything to you? " She asked in her tears. " Or was it because I'm always timid, and don't speak up often. If that is the case, I can change, I'm trying to be better ".

Naruto shook his head. " You shouldn't try to change because of me, I don't deserve it, I don't deserve you... ", " no don't say that. Last year, you told me you love me, isn't that true anymore. Did you get bored of me? "

Naruto looks down at the tatami floor, with a sad grimace.

" I discovered I was confused last year, I hardly knew what romantic love was. But you showed me, you pampered me and took care of me, you taught me how to cook other things that aren't ramen. You showed me what real love looks like, "

" yes, we have so many memories together. Let's not throw all that away, because of the fifth Mizukage's seduction ".

Naruto's forehead ticks for a moment, but he restrains his emotions, he knew an emotional outburst wouldn't do him any good in that moment.

" I tried to imitate and feel what you felt for me, but the more I tried. The more I felt my soul getting dragged away, into some dark abyss I could not describe, my heart sank with each passing day I had to sit across from you and act like a loving boyfriend. When all I was doing, was subconsciously thinking of a way to break up " said Naruto.

Hinata lifts up her gaze from his hands to meet Naruto's eyes, she searched if he was pulling one of his ridiculous pranks. But there was not a hint of humor, right there and then she notices something she'd always missed whenever she was with him.

No hint of emotion, the young man looking back at her was nothing like the Naruto she knew a year ago. And it dawned on her, the revelation of the truth caused her to gasp, and immediately covered her mouth as she sobbed.

Hinata withdrew from Naruto, whilst Naruto remained as he was.

" I- I'm sorry " she said as tears rolled out of her eyes, Naruto wasn't sure why she was apologizing. But he found himself unable to react like a real human being, he just looked at her with emotionless blood stained eyes.

" This is all my fault... I, i- - never meant to take your joy away. I just wanted you to love me like I love you. How could I have been so blind, to what I was doing to you, " she said

" Naruto, since you know now. Come clean to her, that is the only way you can settle this without regrets " Kurama advised.

" For a month I was truly convinced I was in love with you, but after that first good month. Something began to feel off, once I began to forget the memories that I had got back from that gateway to the moon. My memories readjusted, and the memories of my child hood began to fade, and from then I started losing touch with reality. I tried so hard to recollect, or make those memories stick, but they never do and just slip into the back corners of my mind.

" I thought to myself once, 'are this memories the only reason I felt that way for Hinata' I feared that thought so much I cursed myself, and forbid myself from conceiving such inhuman thought. It got worse from that point, before I knew it I began to seek knowledge in every book and scroll I could find. Just to discover what I was missing, that was making me feel depressed every single day, "

Naruto sighs, then he drops down on the back of his legs with his arms on the floor.

" Up till now there has not been an end to my search of more knowledge, that was how much I tried to feel the way I felt for you in that first month. I had never felt that way, and it made me happy for that bit of time. So I really wanted to know what was wrong, I didn't know until I felt it again when I went to the Hidden mist village. I never intended to betray you. I swear it upon my life, which perhaps may not mean much to you now.

" However, whenever I was with the Mizukage, I felt like I was on some clouds, flying about without a destination in mind. My heart would skip, it would race, and I would genuinely smile. It was almost euphoric. " Naruto smiled at the remembrance of the memories he'd made with Mei Terumi.

Then he frowns.

" I am a bastard, a wretched cheating monster as your father called me. I do not deserve your love, you should have loved someone who could love you like you are worth... No words I say can ever ease the pain I have caused you in this very moment, for I know with each confession I make, it will feel like you're being pricked by a thousand needle in your heart. But I swear to you, none of this is your fault, " Naruto laid a palm upon her cheek.

" You're a wonderful person Hinata chan, never let anyone treat you the way I have treated you. I wished I could protect you, but it seems like this new reality of mine can only let me do so much. After all this, I doubt we can remain friends, but I want you to know. I may not be able to protect your heart, but I will always protect you against any harm. Until you find someone who can take over, and you know how I really am. I never go back on my words. " said Naruto with a big smile he had not given her in a long time.

Hinata looked at Naruto in tearful astonishment, it remained hard for her to believe that his devotion to keeping his words has kept him from smiling that beautiful and dazzling sunshine like smile. And it is for the sake of that very smile, not of his heartfelt words which meant little to her, but that smile which told the whole story in bright colors.

Hinata drew back in, and pulled Naruto into a hug, surprising the blond hero.

" Hinata... ", " don't worry. I'm not trying to cling to you. I'm just so happy that you can share such deep feelings with me, you have never talked to me on this level before. So of course I still want to be friends, I know things will be awkward between us for some while. But please, give me some time to compartmentalize. Who knows, after this, I may find out I've come to hate you a bit, but don't blame me okay. It will just be my way to cope, with the loss of something I've always wanted. "

Naruto felt his heart feel up with so much warmth, a level of warmth he hadn't felt since the war ended. He hadn't known closure could feel this way.

" I understand Hinata... " He hugs her back as well, " you can hate me. Just let it lead you to your own happiness, I'll be rooting for you Hinata chan " said Naruto.

Like that, Hinata Hyuga and Naruto Uzumaki broke up, but their hug lasted longer than their romance did, they connected more in their moment of separation than they ever did in twenty years of knowing one another.

Naruto's regrets faded away with his guilt, that day he became unshackled, both used their final moments as a couple to break one another's chains.

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote, and do leave a comment.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

263K 6.9K 26
My name is (Y/n). I was adopted by the nicest people ever. Uzumaki Kushina, and Namikaze Minato.. I apologize now for spelling and grammar errors. ~D...
315K 10.7K 120
Y/n Haruno. Sakura's younger twin sister. What happens when she starts liking Naruto but Naruto likes her twin Sakura? Let's join y/n in her adventur...
23.8K 849 17
Naruto Uzumaki is known to be the most helpful and supportive guy at Konoha High. He has high standards of looking up to people and always see the go...
759 80 30
The story of a special kid who journeys to find out the purpose of life, along with his friends, in the village hidden in the leaves, in the world of...