Minecraft Story Mode Season 1...

By SachaStickman

Continuation of my first book: "Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 Wither Storm Arc(1/2)". Novelization of the gam... More

Introduction
Ch. 14.1 - Order Up!
Ch. 14.2 - The Blaze Rods
Ch. 14.3 - The Enchanted Flint and Steel
Ch. 15.1 - Into A New Dimension
Ch. 15.2 - Sky City
Ch. 16.1 - Inside the Palace
Ch. 16.2 - The Eversource
Ch. 16.3 - End of Sky City
Ch. 17.1 - The Final Duel: Jesse vs. Aiden
Ch. 17.2 - Dawn of a new Era
Ch. 18.1 - A Portal to Mystery
Ch. 18.2 - First Blood
Ch. 18.3 - The Pieces All Lined Up
Ch. 19.1 - In The Dining Hall
Ch. 19.2 - Second Death
Ch. 19.3 - Three Suspects
Ch. 19.4 - The Fourth Suspect

Ch. 15.3 - Build Club

147 7 2
By SachaStickman

[Jesse's POV]

The guards opened a large door, which made a loud shrieking sound, before telling us to go through. The room we walked into had this luxurious feel to it. There were giant windows that looked more like openings in the wall, allowing you to walk through and get to the ledge of the island. The windows showed off the sky outside, which had now started to set.

There was a random minecart track on the left side of the room, and there was a giant throne made out of gold in the middle. The Founder was already sitting there, with the Blaze Rods standing beside it.

Reginald, who acted as some kind of captain of the guards, brought us in front of the Founder once again. Like just standing here uncomfortably in handcuffs wasn't enough, we also had to watch the Founder seemingly reward the jerks that caused this mess right in front of us as well.

Founder: "For your service to Sky City, I grant you these gifts." The Founder gave a signal to a nearby guard, and he responded by activating a lever on the floor. A wall to the left of us opened, and a number of minecarts came driving in. While I'm trying to stay cool in this situation, Ivor nudges my shoulder.

Ivor: "(There, see? That minecart she summoned. It must lead to the Eversource!)"

Lukas: "(Really!? That's what you're focusing on?)" Lukas bursts into the conversation. "(I'd say we have bigger problems on our hands. Like Aiden! Look at him, friendly with the Founder. That's bad news!)"

Ivor: "(Hey! Think about why we came here! Plus, if we get this Eversource, we might actually have the resources to fight back!)" I shake my head.

Jesse: "Sorry, Ivor, but Lukas is right. We don't even know what the Eversource actually is or what it does. The best bet right now is to deal with Aiden first!)"

Reginald: "Stay silent! The Founder didn't permit you three to speak!" The guard shut us up before we could continue talking. Meanwhile, another guard picked up the items in the cart and handed them over to the Blaze Rods.

Founder: "Take your reward and enjoy the bounty of Sky City's generosity." Initially expecting something cool or valuable, the Blaze Rods expectations were completely shattered when the guard just dropped some carrots onto their hands. I couldn't help but silently laugh.

Maya: "C-Carrots!? Really?! You gotta be--" Aiden, desperately trying to keep his new ally, interrupts Maya.

Aiden: "W-We are honored, wonderful Founder!"

Founder: "Of course. Now go! I have criminals to deal with." The Founder signals the Blaze Rods to leave. While we watch them walk by, Aiden suddenly grabs my shoulder, making an evil grin as his giant head invades my personal space.

Aiden: "Good luck, Jesse. Hope you like being doomed. That Eversource is gonna be ours."

Jesse: "Can you get out of my face? Your breath smells." Aiden, clearly dissatisfied with my response, pushes me out of the way as he storms out of the room. I guess he still can't stand people getting under his skin. The way he acted in front of the Founder made me believe he somehow got better at manipulating, but I guess he can only go so far with that attitude of his.

Aiden: "Outta my way, Reggie!" Aiden shoves the head guard away as he goes out the door.

Reginald: "It's 'Reginald!'" The guard tries to yell back, but the door is already closed. Trying to ignore Aiden's disrespect, he walks over to the founder, trying to move things along. "Come on, criminals. Time to see the Founder." A guard pushed us closer to the Founder.

Founder: "Jesse and accomplices..."

Ivor: "I'm Ivor." The Founder glared at Ivor. I guess she must've thought Ivor was me since he was the one who showed himself first.

Founder: "Doesn't matter. You three have committed acts of wanton, illegal building, and resisting arrest, things specifically forbidden by our laws. Explain yourself."

Jesse: "Look, we didn't know it was against the law when we started to build! We came into this world stranded on an island! What were we supposed to do!?"

Founder: "Ignorance won't get you any favors."

Jesse: "Oh, c'mon! Imagine you were in my shoes! You would've done the same, right!?" I tried to reason, but the Founder didn't seem to buy it.

Founder: "Aiden told me all about you, Jesse. About how you're a tyrant back home. About how you and your 'Order of the Stone' steal all the world's treasures for yourself. About how you're here to steal the Eversource from my city. A terrible act of treason."

Lukas: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what?!"

Ivor: "(Well, she's not wrong about that Eversource part.)"

Jesse: "(Shush!)" I turn back to the Founder. "I'm not sure where you heard that, but you've got it wrong! Aiden's lying to put us in a bad light! You can't just get manipulated by someone like that!"

Founder: "Hmph, you say manipulated, much like you would seem to be doing right now!"

Jesse: "Argh! Can't you see? He's the one trying to steal the Eversource! And he's using you to get to that goal! If anyone is a thief, it's him! We're just trying to get back the thing he stole from us!"

Founder: "Hmm... really?" The Founder didn't object this time, but it didn't look like she was completely buying it either. I exchanged glances with Lukas and Ivor, who gave me concerned looks. I sighed. Seeing as this interrogation isn't going anywhere, the Founder stood up from the throne and approached me. "Jesse, it's clear that you're the little ringleader, so how about you come with me?"

Jesse: "Eh?" I looked back at Lukas and Ivor, but they didn't know where this was going either. "Um, okay?" A guard urges me to follow the Founder. I hesitantly do so.

Ivor: "I guess we'll just wait here, then?" The two of us walk outside through the large opening, coming across what looks like a small garden behind the throne, just by the ledge. There's a crafting table, a cobblestone generator where the water poured down into the abyss, a lone dead bush, and an oak tree here. The Founder stood still by the ledge, gazing at the sky that was currently setting.

Founder: "Tell me what you see."

Jesse: "Uh, what are you getting at here? I don't see anything. It's just empty."

Founder: "Precisely. As you can see, nothing exists below us. Only the Void." The Founder took out a cobblestone block from her pocket. "I don't know what world you came from, but here, resources -- every kind -- are incredibly precious. And when something falls... it is gone forever." She reached her hand out with the block... and as a demonstration of her point, she let it go.

We watched it fly down... eventually disappearing into the clouds, never to be seen again. "This is exactly why I made these laws to prevent this. It is why building only happens when I dictate it. People only receive materials when I allow it. Otherwise... we would only collapse back into chaos. It is my duty to keep my people safe, and the only way I can do that is if our laws are obeyed."

Jesse: "Wait, I don't understand. You've got the Eversource, right? Can't you just use that to make more materials?"

Founder: "It is not that simple." I stared back, more confused than ever. Just... just what is this 'Eversource?' Meanwhile, the Founder sighed, exhausted. "People act as though I WANT things to be this way... Allocating the limited resources, risking my life every day..."

Jesse: "Wait... I still don't understand... 'risking your life?' Is the Eversource dangerous or something? Just... what in the world is the Eversource even exactly!?" The Founder looked at me with a rather serious expression.

Founder: "A lot of people think it's just some machine or something similar that can mass-produce materials, but it's way more complicated than that. Even just getting these resources can be very dangerous; most people actually fear it, so I've never decided to make it public what it actually is."

Jesse: "...Eh?" It certainly was a completely different description of this thing than what Ivor said it was meant to be. Dangerous... is it some sort of creature...? That thought occupied my mind while she continued speaking.

Founder: "I'll have you know that before I found the Eversource, this world was nothing more than a cluster of pathetic islands in the sky."

Jesse: "How did you and your people even end up here?"

Founder: "I can't remember exactly. The only thing I know is that one day... I went through something... and ever since then, this was the new home I had to accept." So... all these people actually came from our or another dimension and, by some unlucky miracle, entered this world, being trapped here ever since then?

Jesse: "But... if there's a way to enter this world... isn't there an exit somewhere as well?"

Founder: "No... we gave up trying to find it a long time ago."

Jesse: "..." Shit... if there's no exit, then... are we trapped here!? Shit. This really isn't the news I wanted to hear... While I pondered, the Founder, having seen enough from the same empty sky, started heading back inside. The guard urged me to head back as well. While walking back, she made one more remark.

Founder: "Just so you know, I do this for my people. That is why I do what I do. Please don't forget that."

Jesse: "But... do you really need to do this alone? Why can't you work with the people to solve this problem? We can help you!" The Founder sighed.

Founder: "Being the leader of this City... It IS a tiring burden..." The Founder contemplated her decision before changing her answer at the last moment. "But, no. This is my City. These are my people. Sorry, this is my responsibility, and you're still a criminal." I sighed. I tried to understand her as much as possible, but I couldn't make her change her mind. We were back inside, and she sat on the throne once again as I returned to Ivor and Lukas.

Ivor: "Good. Now that you're back, we can talk properly--"

Founder: "Reginald? I've made my decision." The Founder delivered her verdict. "While I'm not convinced that you are here to steal the Eversource, the fact remains that you constructed a bridge of dirt without authorization. That is why you and your companions are to be detained until I can discern the full truth of the matter. Reginald, please remove them."

Lukas: "Wait, what?!"

Reginald: "Yes, ma'am!" Reginald and a few guards came over to escort us out.

Ivor: "This is absurd!"

Jesse: "Oh, c'mon on! I wanted to help you! Don't do this!"

Founder: "I'm afraid this is the way it has to be." My last attempt failed as Reginald pushed me out the door.

Reginald: "Sorry, outsiders, Founder's orders. No changing her mind now." I wanted to get angry, but figured that would only make things worse. So I just looked back dejectedly at the throne room one more time before the doors shut once again.

[Meanwhile - Petra's POV]

After we entered the secret room, Milo showed me around a little.

Milo: "Everything you see before you was built from resources that my people have saved or... er... obtained."

Petra: "Man. Can't be easy to come by some of this stuff. Are you in charge here?"

Milo: "Yes, I was the one who created this in secret from the Founder's government."

Petra: "Wait, so this is like a resistance against the Founder?"

Milo: "Precisely, you've caught quite early on, friend." I initially didn't know how to think about Milo, but knowing that his enemy is our enemy made me a little relieved. Milo leaned on the fence, looking down on the main room of the hideout. "You know, this club has become my comfort place. That's why I really don't want it to be found. A snitch could singlehandedly end this entire club."

Petra: "Fair enough. Well, I'm just glad someone is actually doing something against this horrible dictatorship." Milo gazed at the room sadly.

Milo: "You see, a long time ago, I was just a citizen of Sky City, like any other. I wanted to contribute to our small settlement and build a small community garden, so I put in a petition for some dirt... and the Founder approved it. But in my excitement and haste, I accidentally dropped my precious new dirt block, and it fell... over the edge. For my crime, I was tossed into the Founder's dungeons... and I was locked in there for a very, very, long time..."

Petra: "Wait, you just dropped some dirt. What was the crime?" Milo turned to me, clearly frustrated by remembering his past.

Milo: "You see, in our world, when something falls over the edge, it is gone. Forever... The crime... was the 'Egregious Wasting of Resources.'" I couldn't say I wasn't surprised. This 'Founder' just keeps sounding worse and worse.

Petra: "This is nuts! I mean, I get why they would be angry due to this world's limited resources, but locking people up for it for god knows how long!?"

Milo: "Yes, I'm aware. That's why I've secretly started to despise that control freak for the rest of my days. She always acts like she's 'doing it for her people' but I can see through that facade. She just wants power. That dictator."

Petra: "So... that's why you built this club?"

Milo: "Yeah. When I was in prison, I realized something: just because building is that risky, it doesn't mean that no one should do it! That means no one ever learns! That's the reason Build Club exists."

Petra: "I see..." Milo gestured for me to head down the stairs to the main room, where everyone else was hanging out.

Milo: "You know, if only I had known you were builders sooner, I would have helped you ALL escape and hide when I first met you rather than let your friends be taken..."

Petra: "I see, well that brings back to the thing I've been trying to tell you since we got here: You said you knew a way into the palace, so I'm assuming you have a way to break out my friends who got captured, right?"

Milo: "Yes, I know, I--"

Guy with Glasses: "Hey! Milo!" We're interrupted by the other people who noticed us and are now all approaching us.

Milo: "Ah, hello, my friends."

Guy with Glasses: "Bringing in outsiders? Seriously?"

Guy with a Weird Haircut: "Pretty hard to keep this a SECRET club if you just bring people in."

Milo: "Everyone, please! She's one of the people who built that bridge into town today. Don't worry, she's one of us."

Another guy I'm too lazy to give a nickname: "You, what?!"

Girl 1: "Milo! Geez!"

Girl 2: "Milo, are you kidding me!? The most wanted criminals in the whole city?! We gotta turn them in before the guards break our door down!"

Petra: "What!?" The sudden aggression threw me off. And I just thought these people would act more rationally than the people outside. "No! I thought you guys were welcoming!"

Milo: "Everyone, calm down! I assure you, harboring her is worth the risk! They are the epitome of Build Club material!" Milo tries to intervene. The other people just stepped back, whispering profusely to one another. I gave Milo a concerned look. After a while, the people turned back to us.

Guy with Glasses: "All right then. If Milo says you're one of these 'amazing builders'... Prove it."

Petra: "S-Seriously!?" God, I'm so done with these eggheads... "I don't have time for this! My friends are currently locked up in that palace in god knows what condition, and I'm not gonna waste time entertaining ya'll with stupid builds!" I tried to object, but everyone didn't seem pleased. Meanwhile, Milo intervened once more.

Milo: "Now see here, this is all highly disrespectful to my guest! I'm the leader here!" Milo escorted me away from the crowd to a nearby makeshift stage that was present in the same room. "I know time is running but this is the fastest way. Just build them something and get it over with. We don't know many recipes, so if you just show us something that they build where you come from... everyone should be appeased." I let out a deep sigh.

Petra: "Fine... but only because I have to!" Milo nodded back and gave me a bunch of iron as we went up the stage.

Milo: "It took us many weeks to scrape together this inventory. Please, use them for your build..."

Petra: "Uh, thanks, Milo."

Milo: "No problem. Uh... what's your name?"

Petra: "Just call me Petra."

Milo: "Okay. You can do this, Petra!" Milo gave back an 'ok sign' as he descended the stage, leaving me up here alone while everyone was now watching intensely. I took a deep breath, just wanting to get this over with. I checked my pockets for any other resources I had. When I took out something, I remembered that pumpkin Jesse gave me during the jungle adventure.

When we were heading home with Olivia and Axel, I complained that I didn't get any treasure for myself, so Jesse suggested giving his pumpkin to me since he already had the Flint and Steel. I took it out, along with the iron Milo gave me.

Petra: "Hmm... this could intimidate those people quite well..." I crafted the scraps into four Iron blocks and placed them in a T-Shape while everyone watched, amused. Then, I placed the pumpkin on top, causing the whole structure to turn into an Iron Golem. As expected, the sudden appearance of an unknown creature shook the entire crowd immediately.

Milo: "Sweet mercy!"

Girl 1: "AHHH!!!"

Milo: "Petra?! What is that thing?!" Me, sensing that everyone was scared, decided to add more fuel to their fear in order to make sure they never underestimated me again.

Petra: "OH NO, EVERYONE! IT'S AN IRON GOLEM AND IT'S OUT OF CONTROL!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIVES!!!"

Everyone: """""""AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!""""""" Everyone started panicking and running around like a flock of chickens, while the Golem just looked around, confused. However, Milo eventually realizes the Golem isn't doing anything.

Milo: "Wait... are you sure it's gonna attack us?" I couldn't hold it in, so I just burst out laughing, to Milo's dismay. "H-Hey! This isn't funny!"

Petra: "Sorry! Sorry! I just wanted to make sure you'd take me seriously!" Milo shook his head.

Guy with Glasses: "S-S-So... it won't kill us???" The guy muttered quietly, hiding behind a table.

Petra: "Yes, yes, everyone calm down. There's nothing to worry about. He's completely under my control." Everyone slowly started coming out again. Now that everyone knew it was completely safe, everybody started gathering around the Golem, looking amazed.

Girl 2: "Whoa! I can understand why the guards are after you. I mean, this is awesome!"

Milo: "Right!? I told you!"

Guy with eyepatch: "Yeah, we're really sorry. Wowzers."

Petra: "Apology accepted. Now, uh, how about that whole 'getting into the palace' thing?"

Milo: "Ah, yes, of course, of course. That is, after all, why you are here. I must say, though, after seeing you in action... Your skills are even more impressive than I could have imagined. So impressive that I wonder if I could implore you for a tiny favor. To help me with a once-in-a-lifetime sort of opportunity."

Petra: "Huh?" I looked at Milo, confused. "What kind of favor?" Milo turned to me with serious eyes.

Milo: "Steal the Eversource."

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 205 14
So, stories about Team Crafted. I'm not writing this book anymore, but feel free to read it. This was my first book I ever posted on Wattpad, so it'...
2K 47 12
My first ever MC:SM fan fiction. I originally posted this story on my DeviantART page, so I decided to share this on my Wattpad page. As my first MC:...
1.1K 36 14
I'm walking around Beacon Town, thinking about wanting an adventure. And after meeting Lukas and his gang, my life was about to get one heck of an ad...
1.8K 34 11
(WARNING: This book is based off of an actual game named Minecraft Story Mode and does contain spoilers! If you haven't played and or watched Seasons...