Scent Of a Man | HyunSung

By sarrahdarcey

DISCLAIMER: This story contains characters from many other groups and ships from them. "Scent of a Man" foll... More

Characters key
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179
Chapter 180
Chapter 181
Chapter 182
Chapter 183
Chapter 184

Chapter 54

71 6 1
By sarrahdarcey

Yuta's POV
30 October 2028
Seoul, Korea

"Where are we going to take him?" Taeyong asked me and I shrugged.

We were in the car, on our way to meet Shota and spend the day with him. I was excited to see how they would get along but at the same time I was worried that they weren't going to like each other's company.

"We can go to a park and then... I don't know. We can ask him?" I looked at him and he nodded. When the car stopped in front of the hotel where Shota and his babysitter were I placed my hand on Taeyong's tight, attracting his attention. "I'll go get him, you can wait here."

"Okay." He smiled and I went out.

I got to the fifth floor and knocked on the door, which was opened by Shota. He said bye to the woman and we started walking down.

"My boyfriend is with me, so you two will meet but he still doesn't know that you are my son." I told him.

"So... I'm undercover? Like a cop!" Shota jumped as I was holding his hand.

"Something like that. You won't tell me dad in front of him, right?" I asked him just to be sure. He nodded and sighed. "What?"

"I want to talk to mommy."

"And you will. My men are trying to find her. And once I can talk with her, you will be able to see her too." I told him and he nodded.

"And you're not a murderer? Not even a bad person at all?" I chuckled.

"Depends. Some people think I am a bad person. For example, there's that other man that works for me. Taeyong, my boyfriend, thinks that he's in love with me. I don't see it, but I guess he thinks I'm a bad person because I don't even show him that I'm attracted to men."

"I understand. So, I may be the bad guy if I accidentally say something wrong." I shook my head and stopped in front of the door before we left the building. I kneeled in front of the boy and smiled.

"You just try to relax and think as two male babysitters took you out." I told him and he nodded.

"Okay, Yuta?"

"Yuta." I smiled and he opened the door.

"Let's go, Yuta!" He pulled my hand and we went out of the building. A man opened the door and I let Shota go in first. He sat in front of me and Taeyong and smiled at him.

"So, I haven't introduced you." I said once I was in too. "Taeyong, this is Shota, Shota, this is Taeyong."

"Hey, kiddo." The man next to me smiled and I wasn't able to hide my smile too. There was hope.

"Hello, hyung. Can I call you hyung?" The boy asked and Tae laughed.

"Sure, you can."

"Thank you, hyung. You are handsome, by the way." Shota continued talking. "Oh, and don't worry. You can kiss and everything. Yuta told me you are his boyfriend."

After hearing this I wasn't sure if I or Taeyong were more surprised. He turned his head and looked at me but seeing my shocked and surprised face he understood that I also had no idea what was going on.

"Just don't kiss below your shoulders in front of me, hands not included." He added, leaving me even more off guard.

"May I ask why?" Taeyong mumbled after a while.

"The question is should you." I whispered and he nodded while we were still looking at the kid in front of us.

"Because that's how you make babies." He shrugged.

"Who told you that?" I dared to ask.

"Mom. Why?"

"Well, not that we are going to talk about this now, but that's wrong." Taeyong said and sighed. "And we can't make babies."

"Why? You should! You like each other!" Shota said and shook his head. "Just don't kiss below the shoulders!"

Taeyong looked at me and I looked at him too. He was confused and that made me giggle.

"So, how old are you, Shota?" Taeyong asked.

"Ten. But I know a lot!" He said. "For example, when a boy and a girl make babies the boy has to hit the baby in the girl's stomach so it can start growing and that's why she is yelling."

"Oh, really?" Taeyong looked at me one more time. He was traumatized. And so was I. "Did your mother tell you this?"

"Yes!" He smiled brightly.

"I need you to forget everything she had taught you and never say it to anyone."

"But... Why?" Shota asked.

Luckily for us the car stopped.

"Let's go." I almost yelled and got out of the car.

"Me and Yuta decide we can first take a walk and then you can tell us where you want to go." Taeyong explained and Shota smiled, starting to run in front of us. We walked for a while and Shota ran to a playground.

Taeyong looked at me the moment we were alone and he looked worried.

"I'm sorry for this boy. He's ten years old! When I was ten years old I was going out on dates!" He told me and I poked him with my elbow.

"Okay, Don Juan!" I rolled my eyes. "I see his mother is not really alright," I sighed. "I mean, how can you let someone who's ten years old think that... You have to ..." I couldn't recall.

"Hit the baby in the girl's stomach... Yeah..." Taeyong sighed and ran to the playground. Before I knew it, Shota was fighting with some kid for the empty swing and Taeyong went there. I saw how he dragged Shota out of there and kneeled in front of him. He started talking to him and when I got closer, Shota was saying sorry to the other boy.

Taeyong was more of a father than me. And this was scaring me as much as it was making me feel really good. Even though he was part of the mafia he had always been good with kids. He loved to be in their company. I, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. While he had this natural talent to speak with them I was struggling a lot.

Before I knew it the boy's mother came too to see what exactly was happening and to find out if her son had done anything wrong. Taeyong explained to her that Shota was wrong and that he apologized as he should. Ten minutes later the boys were playing together as if nothing happened a while ago.

Me and Taeyong sat on one bench and watched them play.

"I guess now I can't kiss you from the shoulders down." Taeyong joked. "You might get too excited and would make me punch you in the stomach so the baby can start growing."

We both laughed and he leaned on me.

"He's a sweet boy. And he kinda reminds me of you when you're not serious."

His words made me tense. Questioning if he knew what he didn't have to know yet, I was struggling to find the right words to answer, so I asked.

"Why?"

"Because... Look at him, his movements are like yours. His smile looks like yours..." He mumbled quietly and I sighed. "What? Don't believe me? Yuta, people have similarities. It's not that unbelievable!' I nodded.

"Yeah. Maybe you're right..."

Kris' POV
30 October 2028
Incheon, Korea

"Zi, are you awake?" I asked, going out of the bathroom. I saw Tao on the bed and he seemed awake. When he looked at me I was sure that he was no longer sleeping. "How are you? Did you sleep well? I laid next to him and he cuddled in me.

"I had a nightmare and when I woke up you weren't here." He said with his husky morning voice.

"The first thing we are going to do today is to put a chip in your phone." I told him and kissed his lips.

"I won't let her trick me again." He whispered and sighed loudly. I didn't know what to say, because I feared Brianna more than him. I took a deep breath. "Kris?"

"Mm?" I looked at him and he was smiling.

"Let's cuddle. And do nothing."

I chuckled and let him make me lay on the bed. He got on top of me and started removing my bathrobe. I was about to say something, but I felt his lips on my chest and shivers ran through my body.

"Zi," I stopped him and he looked at me.

"Stop thinking about work."

"She's still after you."

He wasn't satisfied with the topic I brought.

"Listen to me, Zi! We have to be careful. I'm afraid that this time she might kill you directly. I'm afraid that I won't be able to save you this time. Back then I didn't trust you, yes. But right now I trust you and the only reason why I want to know where you are is because I'm afraid that..."

"That she might kill me. She wants to be with me. She wants to take me away from you. She might hurt me, she will never kill me."

I shook my head.

"Zi, you believe her way too much!"

"And you think about her way too much while your boyfriend is on top of you." He kissed my lips and I felt one of his palms gently running down my chest. It stopped on my lower stomach. Tao knew how to make me go crazy.

"Zi, if something happens to you I'll die." I told him and gulped because of the thoughts that were trying to fill my mind. "You are my weak spot."

"I know that." He whispered in front of my lips.

"Then don't act like that." I begged him.

He stared in my eyes for a very long time before he hid his head in my neck.

"I just want to forget about her. Even for a while." He whispered.

I didn't say a word. He rolled his eyes and got up. He walked to the door. His footsteps were echoing in my head and I was about to yell, because I hated when he was leaving me like that. Instead, I got dressed and went downstairs. Entering the kitchen I saw him talking on the phone. He was laughing and I heard a name, assuming that he was talking with one of his friends. But some of his words made me listen to what he was saying.

"Mhm... Yes, I can come in like half an hour? Incheon is quite big. But we will meet!" I shook my head. No way...

"Mh? Ah... My ex? Sure." He laughed. "She's crazy, man. Don't even try to date her!"

I went there and took the phone out of his hand. He wasn't even talking on the phone. His phone was completely silent. I unlocked it, just to see that he didn't talk on the phone.

"Jealous." He said and got up, leaving me again.

I sighed and made myself coffee before walking out of the kitchen and trying to find him. He wasn't in the bedroom so I went to the library. My guess turned out to be right because I found him on one of the couches, reading a book.

"Zi," I mumbled but he remained silent, ignoring me. "Zi, I'm sorry. But I'm really worried about you." I kneeled in front of his couch so I would be able to look at him. I tried turning his head in my direction but it didn't work out. "Tao!" I insisted.

"What?" He hissed and looked at me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "But after this is over..."

"After this is over?" He interrupted me. "This... would never be over. Because in our lives there will always be something threatening us. And all I wanted was to escape from this reality for a while." He said and continued reading his book.

I rolled my eyes and sat on the little space next to him. The couch wasn't big enough for both of us. He looked at me for a while, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he continued reading. I rested my head on him and he kissed me. My lips slowly curved into a smile. I knew he wouldn't be that mad at me. He continued kissing me on the head and I looked up at him.

"I'm mad." He said but I smiled and he smiled at me too. "Can we at least try to... Forget about her and the possibilities of dying and just... live our lives now?" I nodded. I kissed his big nose and got up. I took his body and brought him all the way up to the bedroom. I left him on the bed and got on top of him, removing the book he was still holding.

"I didn't finish my chapter." He smirked.

"I have a more interesting story for you." I whispered. After I left the book on the nightstand I went over to him again. He wrapped his arms around my neck and dragged me closer.

"Make sure it's really interesting because otherwise I won't enjoy it." Tao mumbled before kissing my lips.

***

We got out of the bathroom and got dressed. I was distracted by his naked body all the time, but I was thinking mostly about his safety now and I wanted to be sure I would know where he is.

"Zi," I put on a pair of jeans and looked at him still searching for a shirt to wear. He didn't put on any trousers, instead he was only wearing boxers. "Take your phone. Get dressed. I will ask the tech guys to come. And they will put it. I'm not sure if I can do it on my own." I nodded and he looked at me confused.

"I can do it!" He told me and I sighed.
"Are you gonna fight with me again?"

He didn't say anything. Instead, he approached me and kissed me with a smile.

"No. Do as you think it's the best. If you want them to put it, okay."

"Thank you." I whispered and I was about to go out when he stopped me.

"Kris?"

"Yeah?" I turned around, seeing that he was holding two pairs of shirts.

"Which one?" He asked and I sighed.

"The blue one." I mumbled.

"Are you sure, isn't the yellow one looking better on me?"

"Zi," I started. "It's undeniable you look best when there aren't any clothes on you but you look stunning in everything."

He blushed and nodded.

I got out of the bedroom and went to the living room where I sat on the sofa. I called the tech guys and waited for them and Tao to come. Once everyone came, we sat in the living room. I gave the guys the chip and Tao gave them his phone.

"Don't take it out." One of the guys warned Tao. "It might break your phone." He said and I saw Tao nodding. "I remembered we put a chip a while ago... Was it your phone again?"

Tao laughed. "What should I say, my boyfriend doesn't trust me."

I moved my hand on his tight and squeezed it hard. He tensed, but smiled.

"I am just kidding."

"Yeah, of course." One of them mumbled.

"I lost my previous phone and he wants to make sure I am okay." Tao explained.

"As he should." The other one nodded.

When they were done they gave Tao the phone and he thanked them. They got up, collecting their stuff.

"And remember. Don't take it out yourself. If you want to remove it, call us and we will do it without you ruining your phone."

Tao nodded and we wished them goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 157 25
Choi Yuna is a secret agent, working for an unknown employer. She is tasked with infiltrating the Stray Kids mafia, a notorious criminal organization...
25.1K 1.8K 42
Jisung is a strange guy. He moves every year, he does every kind of job for minimum of money, he drinks coffee all day while reading from the same bo...
91.2K 3.4K 51
detective han jisung finds himself repeatedly assigned to dangerous cases committed by a mafia headed by lee know. as jisung dives deeper into the in...
46.1K 2.1K 35
♡◇○ completed a volcano that burns you when you try to reach out and everyone else runs away from self preservation, but someone always can bare the...