Checkmate - THE FINAL LEVEL

By Love_Bri94

Could this be the end of an era? Mya and Chris face turmoil in their marriage for the last time. Will they b... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
🫠
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
TwentyOne
TwentyTwo
TwentyThree
TwentyFour
TwentyFive
TwentySix
TwentySeven
TwentyEight
TwentyNine
Thirty
ThirtyOne
ThirtyTwo

Six

1.4K 137 116
By Love_Bri94

Chapter Six
Omniscient
Miami, Florida

Hair and makeup swarmed Mya, making sure she looked absolutely perfect for tonight.

She kept fixing her outfit, wondering if she should change.

For some reason, everything felt awkward to her. Like her energy felt off and Mya had been doing everything to try and fight it because she wanted this to be one of the best episodes of Caresha please.

"You okay?" Mariah asked while fixing her chain.

"Yeah, I'm good."

"You're not wearing your wedding ring." She said low enough for Mya only to hear. "Do you want it?"

"No."

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, it's show time." Diddy yelled making their stylists come off the stage. Mya smoothed out her hair and dress one last time before the cameras started rolling. She was beyond worried, even though she looked like perfection. Her bone straight 30 inch frontal wig was laid, make up flawless, diamonds shinning, outfit 1+7 = ATE!

And now it was showtime.

🎥

"Hey wassup y'all, we on a new episode of Caresha Please, and our guest tonight is Mya Broown."

"This interview is being brought to you by Deleon Tequila, owned by a black man...goes down smooth, now back to more Caresha Please."

"Before we even get started can we get a Caresha Please and, I just wanna say that Mya was like an OG city girl back in the day. We used to hang out all the time, all the bad bitches got their clothes to go to the club from her boutiques." Miami said.

"Still do." Mya winked at the camera.

"I never thought you was gone settle down as quick as you did and with Chris Brown at that, like that's crazyyy."

Mya laughed while fixing her hair. "I know honey, I know."

"We gone get into all that for sure, but what's been going on withchu? How you been? You look amazing."

"Thank you babe, you do too. I've been good, just busy being a mom, making my money. The bag and my kids are all I'm focused on."

"The blogs was saying dat you and Chris was getting separated, we saw you at a courthouse and everything, then that same night he was posting videos of y'all in bed together, like what's going on? Y'all together or no?"

"We good. We're together, no papers were filed. Marriage is just a crazy ride you gotta be prepared for everything that comes with it."

"Now for the longest everybody knew that Chris didn't want to get married, was that a goal for you?"

"Always. No matter what I did when I was young, I always wanted to be somebody's wife."

"So how did you get this man to change his mind? Like we barely seen him showing his romantic side, we just always seen him out with a bunch of Chinese girls that looked like his ex and then my girl swooped on in and changed the mothefucking game on these hoes. What about you made him want to wife you?"

"Everything about me was genuine. I wasn't there looking to gain anything just trying to love him and give him what he was missing. I think he liked that I came with my own. When a nigga don't have to take care of you, they'll want to take care of you, if that makes sense."

"No I get dat for sure. Sometimes a man want you to trick on them too. But his ass gotta trick bigger."

"See me we go gift for gift and it's like let's see who gone outdo, who. Like oh you got me a Bentley truck, I'm buying you one with extra shit in the inside. It's all about matching energy."

"I like that."

"I think it's like that with me though because I'm married. Now if this was one of my freaks from back in the day, it's definitely oh I'll buy you this but ima need a day at Hermes."

Miami laughed. "Exactly! I want a husband, so we can compete with gifts."

"I always love his reaction when he sees my gifts."

"What's mom life like?"

"Amazing, I love it, I love every minute of it."

"You did a podcast with your sisters and you said that you was scared of failing as a mom, can you talk more about that?"

"I don't have the easiest schedule sometimes and I just feel like my kids think I'm putting my career over them. But it's really some shit that I came up with in my head. Your kids are way more understanding than you think. It's like you underestimate them because they're so young but they don't be tripping about stuff like we think they do."

"Yeah. When I first started getting popular with City Girls and traveling, I felt like I was neglecting my son too. But now I try to spend every second with them."

"You got to. They grow up so fast."

"They do. Do you want more?"

"No. I don't like being pregnant and my pregnancies were all smooth but that big heavy ass belly and the emotions and everything else, it's just too much." Mya shook her head

"I liked being pregnant and people think I'm crazy."

"I tell everybody it's a different experience for every woman."

"Definitely. How many boutiques do you have now?"

"Just four but it'll be six soon. I'm about to finally open one on the east coast and one in Houston."

"I know that's right. You know how a lot of boutiques lose their style after a while, yours don't like you really out here killing it. I buy clothes from you all the time and I love your lingerie so damn much!"

"Do you?! Oh my goodness, I'll send you some unreleased pieces."

"Please do."

"Of course."

"Now I wanna talk about the whole kissing thing from your birthday a few years ago. I didn't know that you like girls."

"Yeah, I knocked a few down back in the day. I like pretty girls, like you."

"You think I'm pretty?" Caresha smiled.

"I do, very."

"You are too babe! So have you and Chris ever had a threesome?"

Mya sipped from her drink. "We haven't. He doesn't like to share."

"Would you be down for it if he wanted to?"

"Me a few years ago, absolutely but now I don't know. I'm kind of stingy with him too and threesomes can bring some unwanted problems. It's enough on our plate."

"Is it true you fucked Trey Songz?"

Mya started coughing. "Whew child."

Miami started laughing. "I couldn't believe it when I heard it and I'm like I gotta ask her this shit."

"He's a blast from the past that can keep his ass right back there in the past."

"Was he crazy with you?"

"Nope."

"Okay let's get into some smoke...on a scale of one to ten, how good is sex with Chris?"

"Eleven."

"She said that shit with no hesitation. Do he eat yo ass?"

"Absolutely."

"I believe it, niggas be trying to act like they don't eat ass!"

"We can get a confirmation if you want?"

"You gone call him?"

"Yeah, Mariah bring me my phone, please."

"Oh shit! She really about to call this man. He gone think you crazy asking him that!"

"One thing about Chris, he has no filter at all." Mya said while taking her phone from Mariah. "Thanks boo." She unlocked it and went to FaceTime him. It rung for a while then he answered. "Hey."

"Hey baby." Chris said.

"Caresha wanna ask you a question." Mya turned the phone.

"Hi Chris." Caresha waved.

"Hey how you doing?" He responded.

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm straight."

"That's good, so I asked Mya if you ate her ass and she said absolutely then said we can call to confirm."

"That's my wife, no part of her is off limits." Chris answered with no hesitation.

"Yaaas Mya! I fuckin love that oh my God!"

Shrugging Mya turned the phone back to her. "I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, I love you."

"I love you too." Mya hung up and put her phone next to her.

"It's nothing like a Nigga who live to cater to his woman. That's so good to have." Miami said, making Mya nod. "Where's the craziest place y'all had sex?"

"Nobu."

"HAHA! Wait Mya, wait! Because it's Nobu hotels but bitch is you talking about the restaurant?!"

"Yeah." Mya smiled.

"What's tea? How the hell that happen?"

"We was in the moment, like he wanted me, I wanted him so we did it. We had a private room so that was that. But the funny thing is, Nobu has cameras everywhere, so now we're not allowed in any Nobu."

Both girls started laughing. That'll forever be one of Mya's favorite moments with Chris.

"Y'all crazy. I love Nobu."

"Me too! I was mad about it but oh well. It was a unforgettable night and that's all that matter."

"Do yall role play and stuff?"

"No, we haven't. I've always wanted to do the pull up in a trench coat with the lingerie and fuck til the sun comes up. That's still on my to-do list."

"Yes, that'll be so lit. Like when he don't expect it. So fire. Y'all seem like y'all ain't got no limits to what y'all do."

"We don't. I think it's important to be something with the same sex drive as you. That makes it ten times better. Ask anybody I be around, they'll tell you the we don't give a fuck about nothing. We horny, we gone fuck. You don't wanna see, turn ya head."

"I would definitely watch."

"You'd enjoy it. I think our sex is hot. Definitely gives porno vibes, too good to be true." Mya stuck her tongue out.

"I love dat for you."

"Me too."

"How long yall been married?"

"Almost nine years, I believe. This Deleon getting to me, I don't remember."

"What do you think is the key to a successful relationship?"

"Communication, I'm learning that still though. But talking things out and figuring stuff out together keeps conflict away. Being honest too and understanding that you're a unit helps as well. Marriage is a learning process, just like having a baby. You gotta take care of it, nurture it, show it love, keep it alive."

"Did you ever feel like it was a time when wasn't meshing like, y'all might not make it."

"Yes, a few times."

"How you bring that spark back?"

"Sitting down and figuring out what we can change."

"Are you happy now in your marriage?"

"Yeah."

Miami gave Mya a look, letting her know that wasn't convincing at all. Mya just laughed and drunk more of her drink before requesting another.

"Alright, let's get into this last segment. Ima give you some choices and you gotta say what you like out of the two.

"Let's get into it." Mya said while taking her second drink from the waiter.

"Missionary or doggy style?"

"I like both but riding is my favorite."

"Oh really? So you not a lazy bitch?"

"Not at all."

"Why riding?"

"I like being in charge, even if it's for a few minutes. The feeling of making a nigga weak in the knees is a great feeling."

"You like giving head?" Miami asked.

"I do, I really do. I'll have a nigga crying for his mama, no rap cap."

"I'm seeing how you got that ring honey."

"Sprinkling a little of this coochie on him helped, no lie."

"No lie, y'all relationship goals. I can tell he really like love you for real and you ride so hard for him. I hope when I get married it's the same."

"It's tough sometimes but, I love him and ima stick beside him."

"That's my man and ima stick beside him, period!"

•••

Walking into the house, Mya exhaled. She was tired, and just wanted to crawl in the bed and never get out. After sitting her things down, she walked into the kitchen for something to snack on and was greeted by her brother.

Tim sat at the island scrolling through his phone. When he saw her he got ready to leave but she grabbed him. "You don't have to leave Tim." She laughed while opening the refrigerator.

"Oh...I didn't know, my bad."

After settling on some spinach dip and tortillas chips, Mya sat next to him. "How you been?" She asked.

"Cool...you?"

"I'm hanging in there."

"You look stressed."

"I'm that too." Mya nodded, rubbing her forehead.

"Everything good?"

That made her wanted to tell him everything but they weren't anywhere near that step. "I guess. I'm just working a lot."

"Take a break Mya."

"I will, soon."

"I think you're the only person that picked up dads work ethic. The rest of us lazy as hell like mama."

Mya laughed. "Brian eats, sleeps and breathes that restaurant. Mariah does her thing with my boutiques. I think mamas laziness fell on you and Kayla."

"You probably right."

"Noah has gotten so damn big."

"Man him?! I can't believe Landon is damn near a grown man. If you saw him walking up the street, you'd think he was his dad, no lie."

"I know...my baby grew up so fast."

"How's Jade and congratulations on your youngest."

"Emery and Jade is a grown woman. She tries to control everything and everybody. She's hilarious."

"I bet. I knew she was going to be something when she was a baby."

"Definitely."

That awkward silence filled the room.

"I'm sorry Mya...about everything. I used me grieving as a way to do fucked up shit and I let people get in my ear, adding fuel to the fire. I appreciate everything that you and Chris have done for me and my son. I miss you so much. It's so much shit that has happened and I'm like damn I wanna tell Mya and it killed me that I couldn't call or text you. Noah shouldn't be shy around you, I should know your sons name. Shit wasn't supposed to be like this. I know we'll never be the same but I just want you to know that I'm so fucking sorry man."

Mya wiped the falling tears from her face. "Thank you Tim."

"Don't cry man."

"It's been so much going on, this just feels like one less problem on my plate. We probably won't be the same like you said but the fact that we took this first step it feels good. My life is changing drastically these last few months so it feels good to have this moment."

"I hear you and just know whatever it is, you'll be okay."

"I hope so."

Before anybody could say anything else, Kayla came in the kitchen. "Mya, is Royalty okay?"

"Why? What's wrong?" Mya quickly got up.

"She's upstairs crying her eyes out. I tried to talk to her but she wouldn't say anything."

"Oh my God." Mya grabbed her things and started making her way upstairs. On the way up, she pulled her phone out of purse to call Chris to see if he knows why Royalty wanted to come to Miami, but in the middle of doing that, a text came through from Nia.

Quickly opening that, she read the text, expecting to see something about Royalty, but it was far from that.

It felt like all the air left her body as read the part about them kissing over and over. Mya leaned against the wall trying to catch her breath but it was pointless.

She could hear someone calling her name but it was faint.

"She's having a panic attack! Grab her before she falls." Mariah said.

Tim rushed up to her. "What the hell happened?!"

"Mya, Mya what's wrong honey." Their mom asked trying to get her to focus.

Kayla noticed the tight grip she had on her phone and that there was a text on the screen. It took a while but she got it away from her and read what it said.

Shaking her head she passed it to Mariah to see.

"Oh shit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 891 20
After being married for five years, Chris and Briana are at a point in their life where they aren't sure whether they should say together, or get a d...
46.8K 1.1K 49
Official Sequel to "The Secrets We Keep" We are picking up right were we left Lauren and Camila Last. In the Hospital in Jacksonville with everyone...
15.4K 1.3K 48
Things don't seem to settle for Nora. She is back but it doesn't feel the same, it never did. But she needs to handle it anyways. She needs to deal w...
778K 13.3K 35
Mia's life seemed to be going well until it came to her anniversary with her boyfriend, Matt, which flipped everything around. That day either becam...