Phoenix (mha x oc)

By Knerd14

Hawks' niece comes to live with him in order to study at UA High School, and along the way, she meets many pe... More

Character Description
Chapter 1: Uncle?
Chapter 2: The Entrance Exam
Chapter 3: First Day at UA
Chapter 4: Combat Training
Chapter 5: Chaos
Chapter 6: USJ
Chapter 7: New Scars
Chapter 8: Spilling Secrets...
Chapter 10: The Sports Festival Pt. 1
Chapter 11: The Sports Festival Pt. 2
Chapter 12: The Sports Festival Pt. 3
Chapter 13: Concern
Chapter 14: Confidence
Chapter 15: Two Knives
Chapter 16: Risen from the Ashes
Chapter 17: Train Buddies
Chapter 18: Study Buddies
Chapter 19: The Final
Chapter 20: Shopping Incidents
Chapter 21: I-Island Expo
Chapter 21: Training Camp
Chapter 23: Calamity
Chapter 24: A Bond Born in Trauma
Chapter 25: Late Nights and Big Fights
Chapter 26: Recovery
Chapter 27: Staying with the Bakugos
Chapter 28: Dorms and a Blue Eye
Chapter 29: Ultimate Moves and Therapy
Chapter 30: The License Exam Pt. 1
Chapter 31: The Licensing Exam Pt. 2
Chapter 32: An Explanation and a Work Study
Chapter 33: Working with Fae and a Meeting
Chapter 34: A Plan
Chapter 35: Go!
Chapter 36: Fiery Determination
Chapter 37: Survivor's Guilt
Chapter 38: A Supplemental Lesson
Chapter 39: Surprise
Chapter 40: Performance
Chapter 41: A Deal

Chapter 9: The Aftermath

1.5K 41 41
By Knerd14

Tanaka's POV

I woke up warm, my head resting on something hard but comfortable. I then heard a soft 'aw' and the sound of a picture being taken. Then I remember everything that happened and where I was, opening my eyes to see that I was essentially cuddling a peacefully sleeping Bakugo. My face heated up and I pushed myself off of him, falling off the couch in the process. I hear laughter and turn to see Mitsuki laughing at me. "H-how long have you been standing there?" I whisper, not wanting to wake up Bakugo and have him see me in this embarrassed state.

"About a minute, I've never seen him so calm before!" Mitsuki answers, geeking out slightly.

I blushed a deep red and stood up, "Um, can I use your phone to text my uncle your address?"

Mitsuki nodded and gave me her phone so I could text Keigo. 

Unknown number 

Sunday, 8:43 AM

Hey, this is Fuka. The address is 431 Copper Street.

Ok kiddo
I'll be there in about 20 minutes

I give back Mitsuki's phone and she goes to the kitchen, making herself a cup of coffee. "Would you like some?" she asks.

I nod and she makes me some coffee, and a few minutes later Bakugo walked into the kitchen. I awkwardly avoided his gaze, not wanting to think about what had happened. 'It wasn't anything serious, he was just helping me sleep,' I thought to myself.

Third Person POV

Bakugo stared at Tanaka, blushing slightly. 'I can't believe I let her cuddle me,' he thought to himself, getting some coffee. 'Tch, I shouldn't be getting distracted by girls right now.'

Mitsuki then made breakfast, and as they were finishing up their food, a knock sounded at the front door. Mitsuki got up and opened the door to see Hawks. "Hey, is Fuka ready?" he asks.

Mitsuki looked back and saw that she was almost done. "Almost. Would you like to come inside?" Mitsuki asked.

He nodded and walked into the house. "Hey, Kei!" Tanaka called out.

"Hey kiddo," Hawks greeted, turning to Bakugo, "This must be your classmate."

Bakugo tensed up before nodding. 'The number three hero... her uncle...' he thought to himself. "Thank you for letting Fuka stay the night," Hawks said, turning to Mitsuki.

She smiled and said, "No problem."

"Ready?" he asked.

Tanaka smiled and nodded, turning to Bakugo and saying, "Thanks for all the help... it meant a lot."

Bakugo's heart skipped a beat, looking at her smile, knowing that it was purposefully directed at him. The feeling made him confused, which made him angry. "Tsk, whatever," he says dismissively.

Tanaka walked out the door and Hawks followed behind. "Do you think you're ok to fly or do you need me to carry you?" Hawks teased.

Tanaka rolled her eyes and said, "I got it."

They took off and were peacefully flying through the air, when Hawks glanced at his niece and sighed. "So... you wanna tell me what happened?"

She tensed up instantly, and said, "Um... Shinso kinda... made me say some very personal things..."

Hawks felt rage and protectiveness flood his body. "Why? What kind of things?" he asked, his voice stern.

"Stuff I haven't told anyone... and it was because we were practicing his quirk... the first was an accident as it wasn't necessarily a personal question, but a personal answer. But he didn't stop, he kept digging even though it was obvious that those questions were personal..." Tanaka replied, holding herself.

Hawks grit his teeth, furious. 'I swear if I see that little punk again...' he thought to himself before turning to Tanaka. "What kind of questions did he ask...?" Hawks asked.

She tensed up again. "They... were about my parents..." she answered vaguely.

Hawks' mind went to when he picked her up, how dismissive and aggressive they were with not only her, but him as well. 'What kind of shit could they have put her through...?' he thought to himself before gliding down into their back yard. She followed suit and landed softly beside him. He glanced over, then remembered the people she stayed with. "So how did you get hurt?" he asked.

"I... I was having a flashback to something that happened to me and so I wasn't paying attention... and I flew straight into their tree," Tanaka confessed.

Hawks hissed in sympathy pain, "And did they take good care of you?"

She nodded, and his thoughts then went to the boy. "So, that kid's a classmate of yours? Are you two close?" Hawks asked.

"No... well, at least we weren't before last night. I'm not so sure now..." she admits, thinking about the way he comforted her and the way they were cuddling.

"How come?" Hawks asked, suspicious.

Tanaka blushed and said, "I dunno, he was really nice to me last night. That was the nicest I've ever seen him with anyone."

Hawks eyed his niece suspiciously, uncomfortable with how close she has been getting with boys lately. 'God I hope she's into women...' he thought to himself. She sighed and went upstairs, probably not wanting to have this awkward conversation. Hawks' phone dinged and the number that Tanaka had used earlier to text the address popped up.

Unknown number

Sunday, 10:09 AM

These two are so cute!

Below that text was a picture of Fuka cuddling with the boy she was staying with. Her head was on his shoulder and her wing was wrapped around his body while one of his arms was holding her waist, his head leaning on the top of her head. Hawks instantly felt anger and protectiveness surge through his body. 'Me and this boy are going to have a serious talk,' he thought to himself. 

Tanaka plopped down on her bed and picked up her phone from her nightstand, where it had been since before she started training with Shinso yesterday. She checked it and saw that she had about 4 missed messages and 5 missed calls from Shinso. Tanaka frowned and opened the chat.

Shinso :)

Saturday, 9:24 PM

Hey...

I understand if you don't want to talk to me right now, 
but I wanted to say sorry...

What I did was so out of line... I don't even know why
I asked what I asked... I guess I was just worried about you
considering the things you were saying and wanted to make
sure you were ok... I wasn't even thinking about the fact
that you had no control over what you could and couldn't

answer...

I don't expect you to forgive me... I just wanted to say that 
I'm sorry and that I really appreciate your friendship...

Tanaka took a deep breath and typed out a reply.

Sunday, 10:16 AM

What you did was a total invasion of privacy.
Not only that, but it caused me to have flashbacks
and crash into someone's yard, so thanks for that.

I'm going to need some time to think before I can even
trust you again. I hope you understand.

She sighed and turned off her phone and stared at her ceiling, unsure of what to make of last night's events.

Shinso heard his phone ding and instantly checked it, silently pleading that it was Tanaka. She hadn't texted him all night and he couldn't stand the idea of her ignoring him. His heart lifted to see that it was a text from her, but as soon as he read the text, his heart sank. 'I should have expected that... wait she crashed into someone's yard? Is she ok?! Well... she probably doesn't want my help if that's the case,' he thought to himself. He simply typed that he understood and threw his phone across his bed, devastated and disgusted with himself.

On the other side of town, Bakugo was left staring at a red-orange feather that he found on the couch. His thoughts were racing, going between Tanaka's crying face, the way he felt with her on his chest, and who the fuck could have caused her so much pain. He sighed and thought through the options, 'It can't be anyone from our class, who else does she talk to...? Wait, I saw her with that purple-haired extra who was challenging us the other day... could it be him?' He twirled the feather and ran his fingers along the feather, memorizing the soft, fuzzy texture. 

What he didn't know was that his action was causing a blonde girl across town to get shivers down her spine.

________________________________________________

Heyo! Are y'all enjoying the story? If so, let me know in the comments! Also, I know that I've been putting a lot of focus on Tanaka's relationship with Bakugo and Shinso, but don't worry! I'm going to make sure to give Todo and Deku some love in the coming chapters!

Love you all! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.6K 2K 59
This is my First My Hero Academia book. In a world where everyone has this unique power called a Quirk there is one Problem Child with an powerful Qu...
13.9K 324 33
As a 19 year old regular high school graduate you are on your way to college. But not just any college, you are going to UC. The college for potenti...
411 35 11
Elena, daughter of Aizawa, is a extraordinary girl that helps the teachers in UA but she goes through a lot of things. Aizawa and the teachers of UA...
3.5K 139 17
"𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐍𝐎𝐍𝐄" in which Keigo Takami's sister, Miyako Takami, enters UA High School to discover...