π’’π‘œπ“π’Ήπ‘’π“ƒπ’·π‘’π“‡π“Žπ“.

By Kawaii_Lumine

This is an Oshi no Ko x COTE ( Classroom of the eElite ) crossover fanfiction. I can't think of a good synop... More

𝑅𝑒𝒢𝒹 𝓅𝓁𝓏~
0. Revenge.
1. Dreams
2. Cafe Strawberyl!
3. An old friend?
4. A name that is quite familiar...
5. I'll go with Sweet Today...
6. .....and with Sweet Tomorrow
7. The School of Her Dreams
8. Recognition.
9. LoveNow, or Love later?
10. Siblings.
10.5. The Hoshino Bonus!
11. The End of the White Room.
12. The Meaning of Freedom
13. A Clash between Students
14. A Rotten Desire
14.5. Thoughts.
15. Will for change.

7.5. Loveless.

4.1K 261 276
By Kawaii_Lumine

" 𝘈 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥. 𝘐𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘢𝘸, 𝘯𝘰 𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘺. 𝘐𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩. "

- Agatha Christie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Damn, she really is gone, huh..." Hayate remarks, staring at the spot where the mysterious woman would usually sit.

The week was almost up, and since that last interaction, Sagami Yuki has not returned. Just as Tamako and Beryl said. But the two university students still felt that the day was a bit lacking without the lady's presence, ordering the same ol' coffee, and a variety of desserts to follow.

" Beryl, did she ever say anything about when she'll come back?" Tako turned to her young junior.

" Nope." He answered, continuing to clean the tables after the usual wave of customers had subsided. " She said something about not coming back for a long while."

" Are you sure you don't miss her? Not even a bit--"

" I don't mind it if you make a fanfiction out of us, but please don't pressure your ideas into reality." Beryl cut her off.

" What? What gave you that idea!" She yells, her face blushing red in embarrassment. 

" You have a Wattpad account, don't you? " Beryl asked.

" H-Huh? Why would I-- haha, that's ridiculous-- OKAY WHO THE F***K TOLD YOU?!" Her eyes turn murderous in an instant.

" Hayate-senpai did." Beryl truthfully answers. Hayate immediately stops at what he was doing, his eyes widening in horror as he turned to Beryl's direction with a look of betrayal, ' How could you....? ' was what his expression conveyed.

" Hayate....."

When Tako turned to her side ready to lock onto her target. She was left to realize that Hayate had already bolted as soon as Beryl established his ruthless betrayal, the door already closing, and his apron left on the table folded neatly as to not possibly incur Tamako's anger just in case. Tako lets out a beastly scream before throwing off her apron and chasing him outside, knowing exactly where that bastard would run to.

" YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY FROM ME YOU BASTARD!" 

Beryl lets out an amused grin, satisfied with his work of deterring Tako's pressure off of him and redirecting it towards Hayate. Another plus was that he got a good show out of it too, feeding off of Hayate's horrified expression and Tako's cold glare. He was quite proud of how easily he can rile people up to do the most amusing things in his eyes.

" Did you make those two fight again?"

Beryl turns to meet Tamako's gaze. She looked unimpressed, with her arms crossed and her finger tapping the bridge of her arm. 

Sighing aloud, she slaps Beryl's back causing him to jolt forward a bit. Once again, her strength catches him off guard at the most opportune of times.

" You're a really troublesome one, aren't you?" She grinned after receiving an irritated expression out of him.

" I could say the same for you--"

She raises her hand--

" Just kidding." Beryl immediately says.

" Good!" She smiles cheerfully like she always does before stepping to the side and picking up the apron Tako dropped. Folding it neatly with a sigh, then placing it on the table. " But tone down your naughty act, okay? Wouldn't want those two to have an active feud during work, y'know."

" They're a lot closer than you think, Manager. A small conflict like this is nothing to them." Beryl refutes, causing Tamako to look back at him for his elaboration on that. " They can shoot each other the nastiest profanities today and still come to work like best buddies tomorrow."

Tamako huffs before grinning in amusement. " Well, your words does hold some substance since I've noticed it too.

Silence ensues, and Beryl continues with the clean-up, a bit more of the work has been added unto him though since his two co-workers are out and about currently. So he'll have to do their part of cleaning duty as well. Thankfully enough though, he wasn't alone, as Tamako also took part in the cleaning duties as well, like Beryl previously stated before-- she was an active manager. Always full of energy to spend during the day, he can count the amount of times he's actually seen her get tired ( besides getting sick ) on one hand alone. It's truly a rare occurrence for the hardworking Tamako-san to be seen lounging about, slacking on the job.

For a moment, Beryl considered asking Tamako about Yuki....but... chances are, she won't give him a definite answer to his questions regarding the mysterious woman. So he puts it off for now, deciding that ultimately, it was probably an unnecessary thing to do since he's already confirmed Yuki was not the type of threat he thought she was, and add to the fact that she'll be gone for a long while to publish her " story ". Is there really a point in asking?

He should just forget about her, huh.

Or at least, forget the suspicions he has on her.

Still, besides his weariness of her vague background, he still found her company to be quite enthralling. Conversing with her felt oddly easy-- no, he might even admit that it felt oddly familiar. Everything about her screamed familiarity in fact. Her name, especially. He doesn't want to delve into it more than he wants to already, it might just end up with him digging up the unnecessary past, he shouldn't mix it with the present. There's no guarantee she's really the person he thinks she is....but it would be a lie to say that there aren't some leads pointing towards it. And that deep down, he's really adamant on that theory.

And to be honest, despite how sure-fire his instincts usually are, how reliable it is to assume his deductions are more likely to be correct than otherwise.....

He hopes to be wrong about this one in particular.

~~~~~~~

She stops the car by the side of the road, just ahead lied a big mansion with a huge gate, a mansion that was hidden and surrounded by tall trees. Yuki notes that the route she'd been provided to arrive here was specific, the open roads could not lead to here, so various amount of shortcuts and dirty forest paths were the way to go. This was done on purpose, courtesy of the person whom she's supposed to be meeting. It not only concealed that person's location from most standard GPS routers, but also helped conceal Yuki's arrival itself.

Her grip on the steering wheel tightens for a bit, she had to take a short pause. Preparing herself. Just like the grip on the wheel, she must be sure to have a grip on herself or else everything will go in vain. Anger is rising up like vile from her throat, and she needs to calm it down. Rampant emotions are not worth the conversation here. 

~~~~~~~

Her car stops in front of the gate, and she notices a guard standing by the small pent. She turns down her window as he approached her side of the vehicle.

" State your business." The man simply asked, though it seems he's already well-informed of her arrival beforehand and only asking due to policy.

" Sagami Yuki," She introduces herself with a calm tone, " I'm here for an interview with your boss." 

"....Proceed then." With a click of a button, the guard opens the gates, giving the woman access to the mansion. She sends him a thankful nod before turning up her window and driving down the main pathway to the abode.

...................

An old man stops her at the door after she got out of her car. His gloved hands holding out a metal tray in front of her, his expression exuding politeness as he kindly asked her.

" Sagami-san, please put any weapons you may have on you into the metal tray."

Yuki had no qualms about it, putting the pistol she had hidden in her jacket, and the pocket knife from her pocket, all into the tray. The man nodded, satisfied, until he realized Yuki suddenly taking something expected and placing it into the tray as well.

"...A pen?" He said in suprise.

" In the hands of a person, anything can become a weapon." Said Yuki with a smile. The man awkwardly returns the look with a nervous smile of his own, even chuckling.

" Haha...well, you have a point there." The man doesn't question it further, placing the tray aside, he leads her through the main hallway.

With each step, dread builds up. Not because of fear for the person behind the door, but fear of what she might do to the person behind the door. To keep herself controlled, she fiddles with the screen of her watch.

That is, until the door opens, revealing the living room. It was extravagant to say the least, but it possessed a quality of simplicity that made it look humble. The walls were painted white, with only minimal furniture filling up the floor space, necessary things like a couple of couches, a small table, and such. But the room seemed to have been rearranged in preparation for this visit, certainly under that person's command.

Speaking of which....

Yuki had not taken her eyes off of the lone person in the room, as soon as she entered. Therein was a woman seated on the couch, smoking and taking a hit off some cigarettes that looked cheap.

" Madam Mika, your guest has arrived." The man called for her attention in a solemn tone.

Her lifeless brown doe eyes open upon hearing and focused towards Yuki, locking each other in a tension-filled gaze. The man who stood by Yuki's side understood  the silence well enough that he decides to leave these two to their business, formally bowing down in respect, before leaving the room completely.

Yuki was left alone with the woman she thought she'd never get the chance to meet. But due to circumstances, due to her new ambition--- this meeting was a must. If it was for success, she'll reach out into the deepest parts of hell and grasp at forgotten souls. Dig out all the skeletons hidden in this organization's closet, the investors, the hierarchy of staff, the business proposals and negotiations, the various ways they've tried to implement this project to the bigger face of politics.

And also...

An important previous contact of Atsoumi.

" Well? Why don't you take a seat, Sagami."

The living and breathing biological mother of her friend, Kiyotaka.

....................

" Would you like tea?" Her matured tone offers, " I could order one of my maids to prepare some, if you'd like." She says, lightly dropping some resin into the ashtray.

" No thank you." Yuki replied with control. The smell of smoke slowly entering her nostrils, to which she ignores and angles her head a bit more to the side to avoid direct inhalation.

The woman smirks.

" Why don't you take off your disguise? Let me see your face, young lady." She asked.

Before Yuki could reply, the woman named Mika spoke first.

" I understand it's not part of our deal here. But it'll help you feel more comfortable, you are a guest after all. Are you not?" She spoke with experience, casually showing off the hospitality that attracted many men in her life. Bits and pieces of her sultry tone seems to remain in it too.

Objectively, there was no real reason for Yuki to do as she says. Like the woman acknowledged, seeing the 28-year old's face was not part of the deal they agreed to via private emails. And from the familiar goosebumps of suddenly being watched by all sides, Yuki can easily conclude that the mansion was littered with CCTV. If she does reveal her face, then that opens a chance for Mika to use it as a bargaining chip of sorts and get more than she was promised from her. But Yuki thought it strange for Mika to suggest such an obvious trap, thinking that the bait would work. She knew this woman was smarter than that. The fact that she's even alive is proof of it.

Fools who get themselves involve with the White Room don't usually walk out without permanent consequences. But this woman did.

" You're worried about the CCTV, aren't you?" Her eyes trail to the scattered machines for a moment before returning to Yuki. " I won't betray you or anything like that. I mean, what good will that do me? My life is already hanging by a thread just by allowing you to meet with me when they could be keeping track of me somehow." She takes another breather of tobacco before speaking again. " You have my word, Sagami. I swear."

"...."

................

" My, my. You're quite the beauty. Even I wasn't that pretty at your age." 

When Yuki took off the wrappings that covered her head along with the dark shades, her long dark blonde hair cascaded down to her shoulders, and Mika was met with amethyst colored eyes, it was stunning and sharp. But what caught Mika's attention the most was the feelings exuding from such eyes, there was a variety of it, and with each blink she can feel Yuki's suppression of a more potent emotion. An emotion Mika knew all too well.

" You have good genes," She comments. 

" Can we begin the interview?" Yuki cuts straight to the chase. Pulling out her envelope which contained several papers that are included in the questioning, or for reference. 

" Of course, I don't mind. This is a deal, after all. However..." Mika raises a brow, releasing smoke from her breath as she puts out the cigarette on the tray. " I'm afraid I don't see your end of the deal being upheld."

" I'll give you the money after the interview." Yuki replied. " You have my word."

"....Hm," Mika smiles, crossing a leg over the other as she relaxes herself. " Alright. Proceed then."

.................

" Full Name."

" I thought you'll keep my identity anonymous, Sagami-san?"

" I am. But this is just for formalities, and safety precautions. I'll keep it tucked into my official files, your identity won't be shared to anyone else outside of this interview." She stated, with all seriousness. Mika could not detect deception in her tone, but then again, this is.....a specimen from that facility.

It's a risk to trust her to keep her word.

But Mika nods, deciding to be more optimistic about the rewards rather than dwell on its risks. 

" Okay then." Without any more stalling, she gives her full name, and the rest of her basic profile. Birth date, current age, and other self-credentials that completes her identity. Yuki mentally noted all of it down before moving on to the next question.

" In regards to your previous marital status, I understand that you were formerly married to Ayanokouji Atsuomi. Do you confirm?" She asked.

" Yes. But after a year, we divorced." She answered, casually.

From the tone Mika used, Yuki could already identify some of the background behind those words alone. Noting it down, she puts aside the pleasant formalities and moves onto the more important questions that Yuki needed answers from. She begins to pull up the first paper depicting the records of their scheduled meet ups.

" How did you get in touch with Ayanokouji Atsuomi." Yuki asked.

Mika narrows her eyes before speaking, " The two of us met back when I was still working as a hostess at a rich entertainment establishment where many people of importance would gather for the warmth and touch of a woman." She rolled her eyes, Yuki picks up on the disdain she must've felt for her past occupation. " Atsuomi was among those people, and it was he who caught my eye."

" Why is that?" 

" Isn't it obvious? For connections, of course." Mika tilted her head. " He was a young politician at the time who was steadily growing in power. For a woman like me, I found that the smart thing to do was to woo him earlier on so that in the future he would spoil me like a queen." She said.

But then Mika's expression changes in the next second, 

" But to my suprise, he was someone who possessed an extraordinary amount of ambition. He wasn't just some miniscule man I could fool into bed and have him come for me every single time. Despite the lust he shared for me, he was also very controlled. He was precise with what he wanted out of me, and eventually our relationship progressed from there. " She confessed, not an ounce of a lie from her voice.

" I see," Yuki nods before moving on. " But continuing on from that, my sources say that you entered a business like relationship with him that extended far beyond self-satisfaction. He assigned you to very specific jobs tailored to your expertise, swooning multiple important clients within the years you were in contact with Mr. Ayanokouji, and procuring critical information for the man to use against. Is that right?" She asked.

" Yes, I've been assigned such tasks in the past." She affirms. " I've bedded with several men of whom I extracted valuable blackmail on. Then relayed it to him during the times we meet."

Yuki mentally notes it down before switching over to another paper.

" The information you're referring to. Was it in relation to scandals, fraud, money laundering, government bribery, and other similar vices?"

" Mhm. You'd be suprised how many men of such caliber are involved in those type of things. As soon as Atsuomi brought it to light with propaganda, the people quickly revolted against their parties and either they shut down completely or are left obscured by the public opinion during elections."

Mika could vaguely recall the many shameful confessions coming from their mouths. The controversies they were involved in. So many incompetent men who were unfaithful to their dignity, to their job, and most importantly-- to their families. Mika held some sympathy for those affected by a man's ignorance, but overall she couldn't really care less, when it came to consequences she wholeheartedly abides by the belief that all individuals are responsible for the actions they take. They, alone, will bear their consequence once it comes for them.

" Have you bridged yourself in any of Mr. Ayanokouji's connections?" Yuki then asked.

" I know few people from his connections. Though, we never laid out any grounds for any relationship whatsoever. It didn't extend much as I was tied to Atsuomi alone most of the time." She answered.

" Does he pay you for the jobs he wants you to do."

" Ha! Naturally~" Mika grins again. " A man like that knows the value of money the best and what it can do."

" Do you possess any evidence to support your claims that you were indeed under his orders during that point in your life, or was it all just a guarantee of words?"

" Most of it was, however..." Mika calls for one of the maids to fetch something, and within a few seconds at best, the item was already prepared and handed over to Mika. " The difficult ones that risked my livelihood, and my life itself..... contracts had to be made. Official ones, kept in secrecy."

" Here you go." She hands over the white folder to Yuki. The latter accepts it and opens the folder, revealing several well-preserved contacts from decades ago. All due to it being encased in plastic casing for each.

Dates, statements, pledges, receipts..... all of it is here. And readable for anyone to see. Yuki thinks, slightly impressed by the woman's meticulousness. She didn't think Mika would take care of things like this once her job was over, a slight misread of her character Yuki supposes. But then the last contract-- the final contract --made her pause the hardest. Biting the inside of her cheek, trying to keep herself calm as she read it.

...........

" Why did you decide to accept this interview." The dark blonde asked, it's always been an off feeling she had since she received the confirmation of this interview. She has to be cautious around previous contacts of Atsuomi at all times. 

" Oh come on, sweetie. Does that question really need an answer? Surely, you must already know." Mika thought it was already obvious.....but the narrowing eyes from Yuki as the young lady stared at her with a testing expression, conveyed that she wanted to hear it uttered from her lips first hand.

Mika smiles in amusement, before shrugging. 

" What other reason is there? For a woman like me, nothing is more important than money."

..........

Yuki expected that answer, it was fitting of her character. And still it irks her.

" Even if you had to give up your one and only son to that man?" 

Her emotions spoke before her brain could think.

Mika senses the tension in this question. The look Yuki gave her was cold, as if the young lady finally showcased her true emotions ever since she came in this room; Repulse. Disgust. Hatred. Strong negative emotions directed only to Mika, for whatever reason. The older woman was given these type of looks in the past, usually from her fellow hostesses whenever she snagged a man they were hunting, they were simply jealous of her ability.

But this gaze was different in terms of reason.

The hate was stemmed from something else, and it piqued Mika's curiosity. All she knows now is that it's related to her final contract with Atsuomi.

Testing the waters, she answers. " Yes. Is there a problem? I was offered 50 million yen when he proposed marriage and that to me. Additionally, I left with an extra sum of cash as a bonus reward of sorts, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made." Her smile was empty as she said that.

Yuki clenched her fist, the grip on the folder tightening. She already knew this woman was scum from the very beginning, she prepared herself mentally for this day, but each second she stays here only increases the flames being fanned in her heart since his passing. But lashing out is not in the cards here. Doing that will guarantee her lost, and delay her revenge even further.

" I see..." She managed to say, closing her eyes, and exhaling a deep breath before continuing. " But he also bought your silence on the matter, yet I stand before you, and you before me. Engaging in a deal that will shut down that man's ambition completely."

" If there's an easy way to make money, then of course I'd take the chance." She responded. " Speaking of which, I believe I've answered all the questions you have for me, no? I even gave you the irrefutable evidence to go along with it-- all safe and preserved."

"...."

" I believe you should give me your side of the deal now, Sagami-san."

.....................

" Hehe, that's a very large sum of cash for a losing war you've decided to give me." Mika eyed the several bags of yen on table. And according to Yuki, it totaled up to...

" 150 million yen," She repeated, eyeing Yuki with interest. " I wonder, how did you gather this much of an amount? "

It's money that Yuki saved ever since she began working several jobs to gather connections for herself, and gaining some wealthy contacts from her father as well. Being sent abroad at age 20 to work as a detective certainly added to this success, and with each cold case solved and brought to the light, the people's public opinion of her character caused a stir. A positive one, that affected the agency she worked with and got her involved with other international crime prevention organizations that called for her diligence. She operated only under a code name, thus nobody knew of her identity, but the trust she gathered from her connections helped advocate that she was someone who'll keep to her word and won't try anything that could pose a liability to the agencies she's involved with.

The money she's earned since then, was plenty enough that she could live a life of bliss once she converted it into Japan's currency. But she hasn't used much for her own luxury, only using for the necessities and storing away the rest. Today's opportunity was more than worth it to spend it all as the climatic act was set to begin in her plan.

" I don't believe that it is any of your business to know." Yuki clarifies coldly. Mika laughs in amusement, deciding that that's that and moves on.

" Oh I'm a happy woman indeed. All the things I can buy with this money..." Mika chuckles. " It was a pleasure doing business with you, Sagami-san. Though, if I can offer my opinion to you, please hear me out."

" I think you're reaching too high for the sun in this situation." She observes Yuki's blank expression. " Revolting against Atsuomi and the facility he's controlling. You're instigating a war that could end up with you getting burned by your own fire. One slip-up and it'll cost you everything, I'm sure you know that."

" You plan to reveal their darkness into the world, but that leaves the question of if you'll survive long enough before they can shut you out. I can tell you must have many connections, most likely international since not even Atsuomi, with the position I presume he still has, could gather such an amount on a whim without the higher-ups questioning him to rethink. Only a person with powerful connections out of the country can gather this much to give." She narrowed her brown doe eyes.

" If you're going into a war thinking you could take advantage of such connections then I pity you. This is his playing field, he possesses the power that you don't. The fact you came to me disguised in such a get-up that conceals your identity speaks enough that the odds are truly against you. Knowing that, you still continue to pose a challenge that could end not just your life, but everyone else involved. I must praise you for your coldness, Sagami-san." Mika smiles, mocking her. " People from the outside won't be able to help you here. I hope you're aware of that."

"...." Yuki doesn't respond to her clear provocations. Instead, she began packing away her envelope along with the folder of evidence Mika has given her.

" Leaving already? Then I guess that means our business is finished--"

" I have one final question to ask you."

Yuki interrupted her, causing the older woman to raise a brow. The younger lady wasn't looking at her as she said that, and it left Mika thinking of any possible questions she might ask her. But nothing came to mind, she guarantees that the information she'd already given Yuki was sufficient enough to assist her in her near hopeless plan of fighting that facility. So what could she possibly want to ask next--

" When you brought your child into the world, only to give him away....

Did you not have an ounce of regret? "

Her tone was solemn, forcefully suppressed. Hiding behind it was fury, and Mika could feel the tension radiating off her locked on gaze. A gaze that pierces the soul, widening the cracks, to explore deep within the true personality of a person before them. Mika felt goosebumps all around her skin after being scrutinized by such sharp eyes, she could feel the burning sensation that emanated from them.

But...

Along her anger, was some hopeless expectation for otherwise. Mika begins to speak, looking to shatter it.

" Yes. Again, is there a problem with that? " She challenged. " If you loathe me, then let me hear it."

" Kiyotaka is dead."

"...."

Mika's eyes widened, just slightly.

Yuki finally managed to utter those words to this person. She awaited for Mika's response, carefully observing the woman's reaction. And it sounds like a fairytale, but she was hoping that just maybe.....somewhere deep down....the woman would break this facade and show any semblance of grief or regret for what she'd done. How she abandoned her son.

She's his mother, she has to. There has to be a bond there somewhere.

Mika looked away, fiddling with her fingers for a moment, seemingly in contemplation before asking.

"....How was he buried?" Mika quietly asked. 

" Buried on an obscure hill, a single grave, and his name written with haste. That's all." Yuki answered. Trying to hide her bitterness, observing Mika's reaction to that too.

A mother's love knows no law nor pity.

A mother's love is warm.

A mother's love is welcoming.

A mother's love is...forever.

That's what Yuki believes in. That's what Yuki wants to believe.

Mika, as disgusting as she is, is still his mother. The one who brought him into the world. She should care, even a bit.

But from Mika's view, she...

" Hm, how fitting." 

--long abandoned that role.

Yuki's fists clench again. Her breathing hitched as Mika's lifeless brown eyes turn to her, and with the audacity to smile as well.

" I suppose with his death means the complete end of my contract with him. And with Kiyotaka's death, then that means it adds more substance to your story, yes? It's a good coincidence." She heartlessly said. The mention of her son's name, emotionlessly seeping out of her lips, without care....without love.

" For you to say that...." Yuki began to glare. " How dare you say that."

" Did you seriously think I held any special feelings for him?" Mika tilts her head, cluelessly. " He was my son, yes. And I am his biological mother, I can't deny that. But all that aside, he was just work to me." Her tone involved no emotion. " And for Atsuomi, he was nothing but a token of trust with his investors. I had a role to carry, and I played it well as his wife. But after giving birth to his child, the contract was finished. And all that was left was my due reward."

Yuki felt the deep urge to kill her right now.

Mika narrows her eyes, " You look quite pissed, Sagami-san. Were the feelings I held for my son really that important for you to know? Are you...dissatisfied? How could you be, it's your fault for holding expectations here, if I truly loved him I wouldn't have given him away."

"...."

" Or could it be....rather than my feelings for him being important to you....."

"...."

" Could it be that.....he was important to you?"

"...."

" Sagami-san, were you in love with him?"

The puzzle completes in Mika's mind as soon as she asked that question. The swift change on Yuki's expression was confirmation in itself. When Yuki was confronted with those words, she was hit with the many reminders of the past, the missed opportunities, the regret that lingers like a ghost. Her very reason for revenge....

" What gave you that idea." Yuki tried to hold herself together, but she was see-through as clear glass. 

" Oh....so you really were, huh." Mika now knows. " You can't lie to me now. I know the eyes of someone when she or he is in love. That's my expertise, after all. I take advantage of such an easy emotion.....but I myself have never once held it for another in a true sense. You, however, held such feelings for my son."

" Which leads me to think..." Mika hummed. " You must've been another experiment who was batched alongside him."

" And now knowing that, it just makes your reasons for a revolt even crueler than expected. Your true reason to fight against Atsuomi is to simply avenge that loveless child." Mika deduced, " How selfish of you, young lady. Putting everyone else's lives in danger all for the sake of failed love."

" You have no right to criticize me, Mika." Yuki responded with venom, promptly standing up and grabbing her envelope with haste.

" You're right! I don't!" Mika calls after her, " But what you're doing is risky, and can hurt a lot of people. I thought you were fighting because of a cause that you believed the White Room was wrong for what it's doing. But now it's revealed that it was simply because of your love for my son."

" What was once righteous in many senses, turned out to be selfish in the end. Answer me this; Why is it that only my son's death was what prompted you into starting this crusade? What about the many others I presume to have died before, did you not care about them? "

" You destroyed families, Mika. With all the men you took advantage of--"

" And yet you're about to take plenty of lives all at once." Mika cuts her off. " All because of one death, you're selfish enough to condemn many."

"...."

Hearing Yuki utter no response, Mika thinks she won the argument.There was no way to win against it, the girl should just accept it. Deal with the consequences once it comes for her, if anything, this gentle reminder was mercy from Mika's end, an act of genuine help. She should appreciate that...

But when Yuki turned to meet Mika's gaze. The older woman was stunned by the burning resolve.

" You're right, I am selfish." She admits. " And I'm only doing this because I hold regret for myself. I never told him I loved him, and before I knew it, he was already dead before I got to see him again."

" You're right, I'm endangering many lives. Even if I win, it's not a guarantee anyone will come out unscathed."

" But I......don't care."

Yuki's eyes moistened with warm liquid, threatening to escape.

" When you love someone deeply, you feel like you're just about ready to give up everything you have to be with them. Fight the world, if needed be."

Her tone was shaky, and many memories splatter onto her mind. The moment she fell in love with him and realized it too late, the treasured moments they shared despite the cruelty of that white space.

She was surrounded by white walls, and white lights. Despite the space being so bright, she felt trapped in darkness.

When everything got more difficult with each month that passed, there were many instances when she felt like she was drowning with no one to help her up. To save her. She thought, like every other child in that room, that she would die never seeing the light. That the dark would consume her, break down all she has, until she's nothing but a hollow husk or a dying body.

But through Kiyotaka, she found courage to continue. In spite of the hardships, she always put out her best. She always wants to be near him, she always searches for opportunities to talk to him.

Seeing him so calm in a place like that granted her hope. That maybe she really could do it, that she could survive and leave that space one day....with him. To do that, she must be strong, and so she worked hard.

To Yuki....

In a world where she knew only of darkness.

Kiyotaka was her light.

But she collapsed that fateful day, and as soon as she did...

She never saw her light again.

" I thought....you would understand what I feel, Mika."

There it was,

Her hope.

" But after what you said...I really am disheartened by it."

Her hope that was shattered.

" I thought....that as his mother....you would understand my reasons the best."

But she didn't. She held no love for Kiyotaka. 

Kiyotaka was loveless, even by his own mother.

" You held no regret handing him over to that cruel man. You had an idea, I'm sure, of what they would've done with him. You knew they would experiment on him. And yet....you show not an ounce of love or regret.....it's unbelievable."

"....."

" You mock my reasons for possibly condemning everyone's lives because of love. But at the very least, between the two of us, I'm showing how capable I am to embrace that feeling. To prove to everyone who believed Kiyotaka was a loveless child.....they were wrong. Because I loved him. And I wish....very much wish..."

She closes her eyes, letting out a deep breath before finally saying it.

" To let him know that."

"...."

" You're no mother, Mika. I apologize for sorely mistaking you for something like that." Yuki smiles. " A real mother would have embraced her child in her arms from the moment he was born, and vow that she'd never trade him for anything else in the world. Not even if 50 million yen were there for her to take in exchange for her son." She shakes her head, sighing.

" I don't believe in reincarnation....but if it was real, I think he deserves it." Yuki turns around, beginning to walk away. " At least then in another life....he would've had such a mother."

.........

" Wait."

Yuki stops, but she didn't turn around. She thought it was over, that the business was done. And she already said all she needed to say to this person, all her feelings laid out bare. What else could she possibly want--

" There is a man you should be aware of. I personally think he might be the biggest threat to your goal."

Yuki's eyes widened, she turned around to meet Mika's serious gaze.

" Tsukishiro was his name, as I recall it. Atsuomi introduced us when our marriage was announced to a whole room of people." Mika confessed. " I always felt a bad intuition from him, whenever I stepped in his vicinity, it felt suffocating. As if one wrong step and I'd be dead the next second, by his hands.

"....Who is he?"

" He's Atsuomi's right-hand man. At least that's what he told me. This is purely speculation from the impression I had of him, but I knew not to mess with him. I think he's someone more capable than meets the eye, he was straight to the point with his job of assisting Atsuomi, and I believe he's taken lives himself in the past. He would've taken mine if necessary."

Yuki didn't know what spurred Mika on to tell her this crucial information. Had Yuki decided to leave earlier, Mika would've kept silent about this...

So what changed?

" Despite how old he must be in current times. You should still be wary of him, if you want to succeed at your goal, that is." Mika warned her, sincerely.

"...."

Yuki can't resist it, the need to ask.

" Why are you telling me this? Why haven't you said this before? Why tell it now?" She asked all at once.

Mika puts on that damned smile once again as she answered. " I felt pity for you, just a bit. And decided to share the thoughts I've had of him to you. I hope it becomes useful."

" That doesn't answer my question--"

" 150 million yen is not an easy number an ordinary person can reach to. And to give that amount to someone else takes even bigger will." She gestures with her hand, " I'm a woman who adores pretty things, shiny jewels, and loves to keep herself young with all the luxury in the world. Nothing else matters to me besides that."

" Like the bonus Atsuomi gave me in the past, my information serves as a bonus I've given to you. You're fighting a losing war still, but seeing that resolve in you is quite exciting. I give you my sincerest good wishes for your victory, Sagami-san."

"...."

" With that being said, this ' interview ' is officially over."

Now...

" Get the fuck out of my sight." She points to the door with a hollow smile.

~~~~~~~~~

When Yuki got into her car, she placed the evidence in the passenger's compartment. She leans her head back against the head rest, releasing a sigh of relief that the ' interview ' was over and done with. She really needed this breather to recollect herself completely after that interaction.

She was relieved she'd given up the pen before she entered that room. She's almost certain that it would've caused complications had she had it in her hand. The previous idea was to record the interview, but that woman didn't seem too fond of it so she didn't consent. Yuki decided to settle on the given evidence instead, twisting the story a bit to suit her narrative, giving a reason why the woman wouldn't agree to an audio testimony at the very least.

But in case she might actually need it.....she dreads the thought having to go back.

She almost shed tears in front of this woman.

" How embarrassing is that..." She mumbles.

Looks like despite all the training she's gone through outside of the white room, there's still parts of her that remained of the weak Yuki of back then.

But she's not going to drive it away. The Yuki of then, and the Yuki of now, is one and the same. It's her.

She has to accept that, and move on.

And now is the time to finally step her foot on the pedal.

She drives out of the estate, feeling revived with an even stronger determination than ever before. 

~~~~~~~~~

" Here is your whiskey, Madam Mika." The maid said after pouring her a shot, placing it on the table.

" Thank you. Oh, and just leave the bottle." Mika said before the maid could leave.

The younger woman turns around, worry in her eyes. " Madam....it's not for me to question you, but are you going to get drunk again?"

" Is there a problem with that?"

" No, madam, it's just because....last time you got drunk....and all the other times you--"

" I'll take that then." Mika ignores her, snatching the bottle of whiskey and placing it on the table before smiling at her. " Go ahead, you can retire for the evening."

"....Okay...."

The young woman leaves, worry still residing in her heart, but she was made to not question Mika's choices. Because the older woman always believed that her actions are her consequences to bear. To regret if must.

............

She chugs the shot straight through, feeling the familiar buzzing sensation down her throat. She places the shot glass back on the table and releases a sigh.

" Expensive whiskey really is the deal, huh..." She mused.

But that was just a distraction from the thoughts lingering on what transpired today. Her current thoughts reflected on Yuki's words, like damned mockingbirds. 

" You held no regret handing him over to that cruel man. You had an idea, I'm sure, of what they would've done with him. You knew they would experiment on him. And yet....you show not an ounce of love or regret.....it's unbelievable."

That's right. She knew. 

She knew the moment she gave him up, that he would be put through such hell for his father's ambition.

And she did not hold an ounce of love nor regret.

" You're no mother, Mika. I apologize for sorely mistaking you for something like that." 

Right, she better get that straight. It's a fact. She is no mother. The moment she signed her contract with Atsuomi, she abandoned the prospect of motherhood.

She was never interested in such a concept anyhow.

She opens the bottle again and begins pouring herself another shot. To which she drinks down effortlessly once more.

" You know nothing you petulant child..." 

She said that with disdain. When Yuki preached all that bullshit, she wanted to shut her up any way she could. She was still a young woman who knew nothing of the bigger picture, a young woman who didn't know Mika at all.

She's a lovestruck fool, that girl.

For Yuki to assume that Mika got off easy,

That she couldn't relate to what it's like to sacrifice.

Truly...

" You know...nothing..." She mumbled.

.............

" Congratulations, Ayanokouji-san. It's a healthy baby boy." 

The doctor smiled at her as he carried the child in his arms with such care. Mika closed her eyes, releasing a deeply relieved sigh.

Finally....it's over. She was thankful to put all of this behind her. Now that her job was finished and all. All the doctor has to do is to store away the baby in the nursing station and wait for Atsuomi's arrival.

" You should hold him."

--At least....that was the plan.

"....Excuse me?"

.............

She takes another shot. Memories of that day were resurfacing again, and there's no better cure than alcohol to drown it all out.

Yuki knew nothing.

.............

" There's no need." Mika denied. " Just put him away for now, I'll wait for my husband." She fakes a smile to sell it.

But the doctor smiled back, shooting her down immediately. " No. Please, try holding him. It's important at the very start that the bond between mother and child is established."

" I'm not sure if you're feeling afraid, or nervous. But those feelings are okay. They're normal." He offers the small one to her. " Hold your child. Those feelings will soon go away, I promise." He was insistent.

".....Fine."

Mika indulges in it, accepting the baby into her arms. Frazzled a bit by the small weight, it felt like she was cradling a fragile object.

......

An object, huh...

That's your fate, isn't it?

An object that will be used as a milestone for Atsuomi's selfishness.....

She does pity the child for the world he's going to be placed into.

.............

Mika felt her body churning in reaction to all the whiskey she's downed quickly for the past minute. It screamed at her.

But she's not sure which was screaming louder.

Was it her body?

Or was it...

.............

Mika never felt love her whole life. She understood what it is, she knows its significance and what it can inspire. But after so many years, she's given up on trying to find someone who could give her that love. Shower her with it. The bliss that comes alongside it.

She wanted to feel it so many times, but disappointment left her in ruins.

Eventually, she found it easier to just sell her ' love ' to men. In exchange for material gifts. And for a long time such gifts have granted her a satisfaction love never seemed to give her. Till soon, love no longer mattered. It was money. It was luxury. That's what mattered.

Being someone's lover never mattered.

And being this child's mother is no different.

It's all just artificial....

He was born into this world, not out of love, but of selfishness between two people.

This child is doomed to live loveless.

...............

" Right.....I remember." She smiles to herself, " It was only a job."

Yuki didn't live the way Mika had to. So of course she wouldn't understand, and it's not like Mika wants to make her understand either. Everyone has their own lives to bear, consequences to deal with. And she was no different.

She pours herself another drink, but this time her movement slowed down, eventually reaching a pause where she was just staring lost into the reflection from her glass.

...............

Her reflection stares back at her through his eyes.

"..."

Mika felt an uncertain feeling building up inside her when she stared into the eyes of her child.

She thought it was....quite...

"...Beautiful..."

More beautiful than any jewelry she has in her possession.

The doctor smiled, " I'll leave you two be." He decides to come back later, quietly leaving the room before Mika could call out to him.

She frowned at the door he left from, releasing a deep sigh. " Damn doctor...leaving me with this..." She looks back to the baby. "....thing." She muttered.

She smiles at the poor ' thing '. 

" You know I don't love you, right?"

It didn't matter if he understood her words or not.

" I never did, and I never could."

No, she refused to.

" You will have no mother. Because I don't see myself as your mother."

She had a black heart nothing could fill. It was just a void.

.

.

.

Despite that....

She cradles her child closely.

.

.

.

After the cruel words she needed to say,

She drowns it all out with sweet nothings.

" You are a cute little thing, aren't you? Hopefully you grow up to be handsome out of respect from a...... beautiful person such as I."

For a moment, she almost called herself his mother.

At first, she didn't want to hold this child. She wanted him to get out of his sight at once. But now... here she is, holding him closely as he slowly blinks his pretty eyes up at her face, causing her heart to unusually race faster than it should've.

She was never going to love this child. That was a promise.

It was a promise.

....................

A tear splashes in her drink, mixing in with the alcohol.

....................

She lands a kiss on the baby's forehead, smiling against his soft skin.

" Your mother doesn't love you, but she wants you to grow up fine."

" Your mother doesn't love you, but she wants you to grow up strong."

" Can you do that? Can you be strong for a mother.....who doesn't love you...?"

Her tone faced heavy restraint as she stared into the golden brown eyes of her child. A complete contrast to her boring colors. She found his, that was mixed with gold, such a beautiful gem.

....................

More tears splashed into her drink. Her smile was still there, but her lips were trembling.

Her grip on the glass, shaking.

Yuki's words repeat in her head. But why? That girl doesn't understand anything.

She speaks of motherhood from books, not reality.

Not Mika's reality.

She raises the glass for her to drink--

....................

" I'm here to pick up the baby according to Mr. Ayanokouji's orders."

A man Mika wasn't familiar with had entered the room.

" I thought he'd come here himself..." She uttered.

" He's busy." he answered. " But the plan is still in motion. The baby is still scheduled to be taken away a few days after its birth. Those days have passed now, and it's the time." He comes nearer. " You're free now, Mika."

He knew her name. She could trust the baby with him, since only the people Atsuomi trusted knows her identity.

She can finally get rid of this thing.

So long, kid.

"....."

"......"

........

" Mika, why are you pulling the baby away?"

" Oh....?" 

Mika laughs, saying she doesn't know. The man looked at her, confused, but still stern.

" Sorry...this is strange...I..." She couldn't even find the excuse to say.

She always found the excuse to say in sticky situations, but for some reason....she can't think of any except for the one she dreaded the most.

" Mika, stop stalling. You agreed to let the baby go, you signed a contract--"

" I know...I know." She smiles. " Just....hold on...let me think..." She says, subtly pulling the baby even closer to her chest, almost...protectively.

Why is she not letting him go?

Let him go and claim her reward.

Still, her arms held him close to her.

"....It seems you still have doubts, after all." The man sighed before turning around. " In that case, sort those out quickly. I wouldn't want to resort to grabbing him by force."

Before he left the door, he shot her one last look. " You have 5 minutes. Make it count."

.

.

.

" Heh...what a scary man, huh?" She mused to the baby.

She returns to the pleasure of looking at him. Her smile....stranger than usual. It felt light, and tight all at the same time. Her eyes felt like something was breaking at it. Indeed, such a strange feeling.

And her grip....her hold....her arms.....

Doesn't want to let him go.

It can't be love.

It shouldn't be.

But...

" For a mother that doesn't love you....." She can make one final request.

A smile blooms on her face, the most genuine, the most sincere.....only for this little thing to see.

" Please live long, Kiyotaka."

She gives him a name. The definition of something pure, clean, and noble. Of everything she wasn't.

" Please live long enough....so that the mother that doesn't love you....

Will see you again."

..................

" Kiyotaka is dead. "

"Hrrgk..!"

An ear-piercing noise rings through the living room as she slams her shot glass back on the table, a crack was now visible on its bottom, the disgusting liquid seeping out of the container.

" Tsk....why am I...?"

She frustratingly tries to wipe away these stupid tears.

What was she crying for?

So what if he died?

Who cares, right?

She's a mother that doesn't love him.

So why....

" Why......am I...crying..." Tears mercilessly cloud her vision, replacing reality with those memories. 

Kiyotaka is dead.

.......

"....Hah....haha...." She laughs to herself, pitifully upon the realization.

The beautiful eyes she'd witnessed that day...

Will never open again, huh...?

Those precious gems....that can never be compared to anything in the world.

" Mika....stop crying...don't be so pathetic...!" She screams at herself, " Who are you to feel such things, huh?! "

She grabs the bottle of whiskey and opens it again. 

" Chug it all down. Drown it all out instead of feeling sorry for yourself!"

She didn't want to bear with the consequences of her actions.

"...You have no...right....to feel sorry..." Her resolve finally sees its cracks.

" You have no right....to cry..." She slowly places down the bottle back on the table.

All these years...

Nobody could truly understand.

The sacrifice, the mistakes....

" You're not...a mother..."

How could she after she gave him away....

But even so...

".....But I want to see him again....."

Her selfishness does not fail to show.

.............

" She's crying again..." The maid mumbled as she watched.

"...." The butler of the mansion also stood beside her to watch the scene, his eyes full of sympathy for his mistress.

" Why does she...cry like this?" The maid turns to the man beside her. " Do you know...?"

"...I do." He answered with a sad smile. " She's a mother."

" A mother...?" The maid was only recently hired, and she tried to rack up her brain for any hint that could've led to that answer but... " How? She never said anything about that....and last I checked, there were no picture frames or anything..."

" You don't need to picture frames or certificates to know that. And you don't need to hear her say it to know that."

" Then how did you..."

The man sighs, before facing the crying, mourning figure of Mika.

" There's a sacredness in a mother's tears..."

She screams in her hands, as painful loss overtook her.

The feeling of grief finally hitting her.

" Those tears are messengers.....of overwhelming grief,"

She yells his name through her cries, begging, praying.

"--Of deep contrition..."

She was sorry. So, so sorry.

She wants to hold him again.

She wishes she didn't let go!

"...And above all....."

She hates this feeling...

But it's all she can hold onto now....

" Please....please....anyone out there....any god out there..." She says through a breaking sort of tone, she can barely keep it together, but she begs.

" Please.....let me see my son again..."

She has....

"-- unspeakable love."

..................................

" 𝖠𝗇𝗒 𝗐𝗈𝗆𝖺𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗈'𝖽 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖺 𝖼𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖽 𝗄𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝗈𝗅𝗅𝗈𝗐𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗋𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗅. "

- Brittainy C. Cherry

-

..................................

~~~ Chapter End ~~~

*Looks at word count and notices it's about to reach 10k*

What am I DOING

I said this was going to be short, and that's how i planned. I estimated it to be around 3k - 4k but i somehow wrote more than I planned.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

This was a bit difficult to write since Mika's character is very vague in the novel of volume 0, and it painted her as someone who rlly didnt care much about her son. 

And while i didn't want to stray far from her canon persona, I wanted to make her at least hold some care for Kiyotaka in this fic. While not shattering her original image, im just tryna expand on it in my own way.

I hope i did it well. And I hope you enjoyed it! Even tho we didn't get to see much of Beryl or the Oshi no Ko cast, since this chapter focused solely on Yuki's POV for the meanwhile.

And I will warn u that future chapters will contain strictly Yuki's POV at some point, so hopefully u can look forward to it or at least tolerate it lol.

But anyway, this chapter aside, i wanted to include a segment in the last chapter but forgot to.

So i'll just include it here! 

Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ If u seen this video. Then you know where im going with this. If u havent, then pls play it as you read~ this is just for fun ]

" Siblings.

" Siblings.

" Siblings.

" SIBLINGS!

Beryl: *points to Ruby.* This is my sister.

Ruby: *points to him too* This is my brother!

" We are siblings," They both say before glaring at each other totally not menacingly. " -- And we care for each other!"

...........

Beryl: * Eats pudding* Everything we own--

Ruby: *Snatches it* We always share! >:D

* Ow! * She cries when he pinched her face.

................

" Because we're siblings and we have the same hair!" They both flaunt their long golden locks to the camera.

* one creepy switching of faces later...*

................

Ruby: I like knitting! *her hands punctured by needles multiple times--*

Berl: And I like coins. *smugly displays his riches--*

" We both came out of the same loins!" They point to their mother's picture frame.

Ai: *Laughs from heaven* XD

" If you don't like siblings, well give us a chance!" They convince the viewer with proud expressions. " We'll impress u with our sibling dance!"

( One cute dance from Ruby and robotic movement from Beryl later-- )

" Hey what's that!" Ruby gasped.

" We have an older brother." Beryl whispers to the camera.

Ruby: You thought we were two--

Beryl: *Presents Aqua to the viewer* But there was another.

" He's always busy and he has short hair...." Beryl and Ruby observe, and Aqua's eye twitches but then they quickly hug him. " But he's one of us so we don't care!"

........

" Come on, Aqua! Snap out of that trance--" They interrupted Aqua as he was trying to test new DNA samples in search for their father, " It's time to do the sibling--!"

Aqua: Guys, guys, I can't focus *groans in annoyance*I can't read, I can't get any of my work done. With you guys making this racket about sibling dances!

Ruby and Beryl stare at him silently. Aqua sighs.

" I'm sorry, I don't mean to be mean. It's just I have this role coming up for some play and I've been very underperforming according to our supervisor. We got general rehearsals on Monday, and it's important that I don't screw this up by acting so monotone, so I don't have the time to do a sibling dance--"

( He joined their dance anyway. The End. )

~~~~ End ~~~

Hope that u enjoyed that goofy ahh segment LMAO

Anyways, see u in two weeks~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.1K 17
PokΓ©mon. Some see them as tools other see them as friends. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka has gone to ANHS to learn about PokΓ©mon to satiate his ever growing c...
14.4K 776 8
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka finally achieved what he's wanted since the beginning of his life--freedom. However, freedom comes with it's own set of challenge...
1.8K 158 23
I present to you my very first fanfiction work, undoubtedly a somewhat unconventional creation resulting from the imaginative fusion of the worlds of...
2.6K 109 13
The story follows a brown haired boy joining a prestigious school named ANHS. This is the story of Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, ordered by his father to join...