appreciated

By 90HYUCK

✧ getting dragged by an idol into the men's restroom isn't the most ideal way to meet someone famous, yet tha... More

appreciated
cast
✧ 2
✧ 3
✧ 4
✧ 5
✧ 6
✧ 7
✧ 8
✧ 9
✧ 10
✧ 11
✧ 12
✧ 13
✧ 14
✧ 15
✧ 16
✧ 17
opinions
✧ 18
✧ 19
✧ 20
✧ 21
✧ 22
✧ 23
✧ 24
✧ 25
✧ 26
✧ 27
✧ 28
✧ 29
✧ 30
✧ 31
✧ 32
✧ 33
✧ 34
✧ 35
✧ 36
✧ 37
thank you!
bonus

✧ 1

4.5K 68 25
By 90HYUCK

Staring at her twin brother, Liam, who looks like a million of dollars showed up in front of his door, Umji wonders how they are twins.

"Umji look!" He shouted, shoving his phone in her face. She pushes it back, and tries to see what she's supposed to look at.

She reads an announcement for a kpop group, specifically NCT. It stated, NCT 127 WILL GO ON TOUR.

Umji raises her eyebrows at the news, and gives the phone back to him. "Okay so why should I care?" She looks at him confused.

He dramatically gasps, sitting on the opposite side of the couch, "You should care because we need to go! They're touring in Korea!" Umji stares at him some more, not convinced.

He gives her the puppy dog eyes, "Please Umji, this is a one in a lifetime chance! I really want to see Jaehyun,"

Rolling her eyes, she grabs the tv remote and unpauses her show, "No thanks. I don't even care for kpop and plus I'd be the one paying 'cuz your broke ass doesn't wanna work."

Sighing, Liam sinks into the soft cushions of the girls couch. He side eyes her then goes back onto his phone, but not before whispering, "Well you like Seventeen.."

Umji turns her head into his direction, "What was that?" And he shrugs his shoulders, pretending he didn't say anything.

She thinks about the tour he showed her earlier- it would be a nice outing, especially since the girl has been couped up in her dorm studying her ass off. She did need a break.

Pausing her show once again, she turns her whole body towards her brother. He looks up from his phone in confusion after hearing the russling coming from his sister.

"Uh, are you okay..?" He asked, not knowing if he should be scared or not. All she does is chuckle, before shaking her red hair.

"I was just thinking about the tour you showed me. Even though I don't know who they are— I do know me and you have both been studying hard and deserve a break. So maybe, that is the break. But obviously, if I do pay for the tickets, you have to pay me back somehow." She says, looking at him then checking her phone after seeing it light up.

The boy gasps, moving closer to her so he can grab her hands, "Are you joking? No way you're actually serious. Umji, the most introverted person I know, actually willing to go to a concert?"

She smacks her teeth, "Well if you don't want to go just say so, damn." That makes the boy gasp even louder, "Wait no! I'll go!"

Umji smirks, pushing him off of her, "Yeah, exactly. That's what I thought." He rolls his eyes and sits down to ask another question, "Soooo why'd you change your mind?"

"I already told you- me and you both have been working our asses off in college, why not take a little break?" He nods at this. "You're right but do you even know any of the members?"

By the silence Liam took that as a no, "Alright then we must make you learn all the members! Maybe even make you listen to some of their music as well."

Umji blows the piece of hair off her face before groaning, "Do we have to do all that?"

"Uh- yes? Is that even a question? Umji, we're going to a kpop concert, you should at least know one of the idols names and a few of their songs." He says, grabbing his laptop.

Sighing, she sat next to him, knowing she wouldn't be able to say no because he would do all this stuff anyway.

"Alright! We'll start with the oldest, Taeil." She raises an eyebrow, but lets him continue either way.

"This is Taeil, he's 28 years old and the main vocalist." Liam pulls up a few pictures of the guy, making sure his sister is paying close attention.

She looks closely at him, he was smiling brightly with his straight white teeth.

"Okay- moving on! This is Doyoung, he's also a main vocalist." Umji stared at the photos of the boy, he had cat-like eyes and chubby cheeks.

Liam typed up the next member, "This Taeyong. He's the leader of the group, main rapper and main dancer."

"Haechan. Another main vocalist in the group." Before he could move onto the next member, the girl stopped him and stared at the idol, like in a trance because of his amazing visuals.

She kept staring at him, taking in all his features. His moles, his beautiful tan skin, his soft-looking hair, his smile, everything.

Before she could stare some more she heard a cough and saw her twin brother staring at her. "I'm guessing he's your bias?" He smirked.

Bias? She glanced at him before looking back at the pictures of the idol. Haechan.

"Okay.. here's Johnny. He's the lead dancer."

She looks at the idol before her brother starts typing in another name, "Oh this is my bias! His name is Jaehyun and he's main vocalist and lead dancer. He's super funny and-"

"Liam. I really don't care." Umji states.

"Right," he breathes in before continuing, "This is Yuta. He's another lead dancer of the group."

"Jungwoo, lead vocalist and main dancer. Lastly, is Mark. He's a main rapper and main dancer of the group."

Liam then closes his laptop, "Well. That's all the members. You can do your own research if you wanna know more about them, especially Haechan." He winks at the last part.

Rolling her eyes, she kicks him off the couch, "Yeah yeah, get out of here so I can think about how you're gonna pay me back. Also get out my dorm, your dorm mate probably misses you,"

"Okay, but wait! I still have to recommend you some songs!" Umji sighs, "Listen Liam, I have to go study so I'll listen to them on spotify. Just get out please,"

He grumbles before getting up and walking towards the door, "Whatever! Tell me what your favorite song is when you listen to them!"

And after that, he leaves.

Finally, some peace and quiet. Umji shuts off the tv and stands up, making sure to pick up and tidy things before heading to her room.

She closes her door and heads over to her desk so she can get her essay done and submitted.

But before she could get to work, her roommate texts her.

baby dami 🥹

hiiii

hey dami!!
you need anything?

no i just wanted to see what ur doing
i miss youuu ☹️

awejdjakdksmajd
ur so cute omg i miss you too love
i was just hanging out with my brother
now im gonna try to finish this essay

oh im sorry for distracting you!

ITS OKAY 😭😭
idm dwwww
what are you doing?
lemme guess, hanging out with soojun?

howd you know?!?

girl firsly, thats ur gf
secondly, you hang out with that women 24/7

hehe yeahhh
i just love her sm!!!!!

u guys r so cute tgt 😭
u cutie

not u flirting with my gf -soojun

SOOJUN LMFAO
u werent supposed to see our secret 😈😈..

honestly, if u wanna have a threesome just ask -soojun

LMFAOOO
im good erm thanks!
now go hang out w your gf

dont gotta tell me twice
ill ttyl -soojun

bye jun!

OKAY HI IM BACK 😈

HI DAMI!!!!
u should be hanging out w ur gf

okay...study hard ji!!!
ill also ttyl love you!

bye dami!! i love you too
baby dami 🥹 loved this message!
Read at 8:30 pm

Umji puts her phone down while chuckling. She loved her best friends, they were always there for her, like she was for them.

She met Dami because they went to the same university. Even though she was a year younger, they still got along fairly quickly.

Then, she met Soojun at the vet because she had an appointment for her cat, Dippers.

When Soojun read Umji's cat name outloud, she burst out into fits of laughter, making Umji laugh as well. It's like they clicked instantly, becoming very close friends.

Umji introduced both of her friends together, soon playing cupid and setting them up after finding out they both shared feelings.

Then, she met her other two friends, Ria and Myujin. When she met them she introduced them to Dami and Soojun, all of them clicked.

Ria, Myujin, and Dami all go to her university while Soojun dropped out of that same university. They hang out a lot, either getting drunk or getting high. Or just being sober.

That is her only friend circle, and she's happy with it. Being an introvert, it was pretty hard for her to go out and make friends. So when she befriended them, she thought it was fate.

Now enough about her friends- let's talk about what she is currently doing.

Umji was sitting at her desk, listening to Kendrick Lamar while trying to finish her essay.

To be honest, she wasn't that focused on her work. She was more focused on the members of the group Liam showed her.

Or more specifically- a member.

And that member being Lee Haechan.

She couldn't get his face out of her mind. His brown eyes put her in a trance, and his smooth tan skin shining oh so brightly.

Groaning, she pushed her chair back in frustration. She needed to get this essay done. She couldn't think about some stupid idol.

Pushing up her glasses, she shifted closer to her desk and puts her fingers on her laptops keyboard. Making sure her minds blank, she continues on her essay.

After she finally finishes it, she submits it in her google classroom and emails her teacher about her being done with it.

She stares at her wall, then gets a thought. Following that thought, she goes on spotify and searches up 'NCT 127'.

The group comes up and she clicks it. She sees their group image pop up and a bunch of songs as well.

She clicks the first song she sees, which is Kick It.

'Comin' up, 지금 여기로
Baby, 느낌은 이해 머리론'

Maybe going to the concert won't be that bad.

A/n: i hope you guys liked the first chapter of this book 🙏 im super excited to start this one!! Starting my journey right here 🥹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 3K 41
LOVE AGAIN | 다시 사랑하다 in which a girl unknowingly befriends a famous idol only to find herself get tangled up in his group ( nct members x fem.oc ) ...
178K 9.2K 45
"Careful, don't look too deep into my eyes. You might fall in love." ♚ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ ᴀᴜ ♚ started: 1/02/21 ended: 4/26/21
65.1K 2K 27
taeyong just doesn't know how to pull out. a story of when a sappy girl meets a man with just as much problems as her. • lowercase intended • swear...
12.5K 207 27
Why would she ever think she'd bump into a famous idol. Isn't it what most girls dream about? Idol AU