Hourglass [Quintessential Qui...

De Kiriyarin_

Each of them has their own stories, their own choices. A lot of new characters, new choices and new events, t... Mai multe

Chapter 1 - White Memory
Chapter 2 - The Beyond
Chapter 3 - Trouble Divided Into Five
Chapter 4 - Butterfly Effect
Chapter 5 - Stars Collide
Chapter 6 - Reflection
Chapter 7 - Encounter
Chapter 8 - All Sides
Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)
Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)
Chapter 11 - Preliminary
Valentine Special - Foudre
Chapter 12 - Ignite
Chapter 13 - Crisis Management
Chapter 14 - Siren's Song
Chapter 15 - Promise
Chapter 16 - Echoes of Betrayal
Chapter 17 - Confession and the Charming Maid (Ⅰ)
Chapter 18 - Emotions and the Forgiven Maid (Ⅱ)
Chapter 19 - Trouble in Paradise (Ⅲ)
Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)
Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World
Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)
Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )
Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain
Chapter 24 - Make a Spell
Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born
Chapter 26 - Calamity Fortune
Chapter 27 - Tales of Snow
Chapter 28 - The Melancholy of Nakano Nino
Chapter 29 - Lost & Found
Chapter 30 - Break a Spell (Ⅰ)
Chapter 31 - Break a Spell (ⅠⅠ)
Chapter 32 - Connection
Chapter 33 - Operation: True Love
Chapter 35 - Dandelions
Chapter 36 - Heartstrings
Chapter 37 - Through Rose-Colored Glasses
[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll
Chapter 39 - Begin the Offensive
Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To
Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)
Chapter 41 - The ABC's of Live
Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five
Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)
To You, The Worthless Excuse
To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse
To You, Who Awaits The Snowmelt
To You, What Hidden Behind Your Eyelids

Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago

330 4 3
De Kiriyarin_

Asuka's POV:

''Tutoring, huh...''

Honestly it felt like an eternity since I last went to Nakano Residence, but in reality it has only been a few days. Eh, the finals are just a few days ahead. And the girls' average still doesn't pass a fucking solid thirty.

''Today's schedule is history, bet Miku will have the time of her life.''

I now stand in front of the Nakano's door; I must have come here dozens of times by now. Well, it has started to feel quite ordinary, but it's still fun! Ever since I revealed my relationship with Itsuki to the others, I feel much much lighter. Maaaaaan, sure feeels like heaven.

Fuutarou must have already begun the class by now. Better knock the door and hop in.

Or so I thought— Just as I was about to knock, I heard shouts from the other side of the door. All voices I knew. Are they...fighting?

''
𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗼. 𝗔𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝗶𝘇𝗲.''

''𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻...! 𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲!!!''

''...''

No. I gave up knocking on the door. Itsuki and Nino's argument is getting quite heated, reaching far beyond the door. Probably going to get much worse if I go and knock on the door right now. Waiting for their voices to stop is the right decision, I'll do so.

I'm sure the others will tell me what happened later.

*CRASH!*

The door swung open with anger, and Nino stormed out. We came face to face and locked eyes only for a moment. Her cheek was entire red in pain, and I... Oh no... What have you done?

''Nino, what hap—...''

''DON'T TALK WITH ME! IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.''

''Nino, wait!'' Yotsuba runs to stop Nino, but she's already gone by when she arrived the front-door. Instead, she sees me. ''Asuka-kun...''

''What happened here?''

''The situation is a bit difficult to explain... If you'd like, come inside. Uesugi-san is already here.''

This is the first time I've seen them really argue. I've seen Miku and Nino arguing over a million unnecessary and nonsense reasons many times before, but it's the first time I've seen Nino so shaken. I accepted Yotsuba's invitation and head to the living room. Miku, Fuutarou, and Ichika were sitting on the couch, trying to understand what was going on just like me.

''Asuka, welcome.'' Miku greets me. ''Good thing you're here...''

''Nino just stormed out of the door like a rabid dog. Can someone please explain to me what happened?''

''Itsuki and Nino argued.''

"And where's Itsuki now?"

''Locked herself inside her room.''

I joined the others on the couch after checking everything had calmed down. Shit— Today it seems like study session is out of the question. Fuutarou and Ichika explained to me why the fight broke out. Meanwhile, Yotsuba tried to talk to Itsuki by knocking on her door, but no response. This girl always does that; when there's a problem, she isolates herself from the world.

''Did you really write these papers yourself, Fuutarou?''

''Y'know... We don't have a printer in our house. What else did you expect me to do? Itsuki was just defending me.''

''Fair point. And I thought Nino was starting to accept us a little bit.'' I grabbed one hand-written paper from the carpet. ''Ichika, do you have any idea where Nino might have gone? Let's get her back.''

''Asuka-kun, I don't think that's a good idea. Trying to bring Nino back will only make things worse. Let's give her some time alone to gather her thoughts.''

''Just when the finals are near, damn it...'' Fuutarou bit his finger in stress. ''Asuka, I think we should leave it here for today.''

''Uesugi-san...O-Okay, got it! I'll try to text her to come back.'' Yotsuba decides to text Nino even though she knows it won't do any good. ''Huh...Track team...?''

Nuh-uh, The Nino I know is the queen of stubbornness. She won't come back until all this settled. Fuutarou is right, ending the day here is the most logical thing to do.

''Asuka.'' Miku called my name while I was helping Fuutarou to collecting his scattered papers all over the stairs. ''Can you try to talk with Itsuki? It might be good for her to communicate with her boyfriend.''

''Will do. Miku, can you help Fuutarou to collect these then?''

Miku nods and bends down to the stairs, helping Fuutarou collect all the lecture notes that Nino had scattered around. Meanwhile, Ichika and Yotsuba are trying to reach Nino on their phones.

I was really hoping for a chill day today.

I tried to go upstairs and open Itsuki's room door, and as I suspected, it was locked.

''Itsuki, it's me. You there?''

''...''

''I know you can hear me, I mean I hope you're not sleeping or it'll be super embarrassing. Ichika told me what happened.''

''...''

No answer. I just sat there with my back against the door. ''I know you don't want to hear all this, but I'll say it anyway. Fights happen between siblings.''

''...''

''It would be wrong for me to take sides without knowing both sides of the problem, so I'll just say my opinion. Whatever your reason for fighting is, I'm sure it all be resolved soon. Your sisters are downstairs if you need help or just want to talk about it.''

''...''

''Fuutarou and I decided to end the day early. You have my number if you just want to talk or...dunno anything makes you feel better, okay?''

''...''

''I love you.''

I really do.

As someone who doesn't have siblings, I don't have much knowledge about sibling fights either. Sometimes I ponder whether it was the right decision for us to take on this job. Nino said it was all because of us.

I got up once again and descended the stairs. There's no point in waiting for an answer that probably won't come.

''Anything useful?'' Yotsuba inquired.

''Nothing at all. How about you girls? Did Nino see the messages?''

Ichika comes out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hand, her phone in the other. ''Nope. She hasn't even seen them.''

Fuutarou and Miku finished collecting the notes and place them all in Fuutarou's backpack. Then we apologized to the girls for what happened today, and leave the penthouse. We went down back to the lobby. The security guard must have been surprised to see us so fast, we only stood there for fifteen minutes after all.

Fuutarou came along with me to the vending machine outside the building.

To be honest, I don't think I'm in a position to enjoy drinks right now. If we don't sort this out by the finals, we'll probably be fired. It wouldn't be a big problem for me financially, but Fuutarou will have to find a new job and exhaust himself even more. I can't allow that as his best friend, not even in a million years. I saw with my own eyes how much fun he had here.

After all, Itsuki and me being a couple is something out of business, it's our personal life.

''...''

''This kind of pessimism doesn't suit you, Asuka.''

''AAAAAAAAAH! Cold, what the fuck?!'' He pressed his cold coffee to my cheek, bastard.

''I know you well enough to understand that you're worried about me right now.''

''Sort of. What are you planning to do if we get fired?''

Fuutarou cracks open his coffee and sips. ''Dunno, guess I'll work in a cafe or something.''

''OK, you've got a point. Pessimism doesn't suit me, let's think about what we can do instead tonight. Tomorrow is Sunday, we have the whole day.''

''Couldn't agree more. See you, then. Since we left early today, I'll stop by the grocery store. I need to buy some vegetables for Raiha.''

I smile. ''See you later.''

Fuutarou left after finishing his coffee. I decided to linger around the vending machine a bit longer. Indeed, We finished early today, so I can spare some time for myself. How about the manga shop? Or Cosplay-con? Or maybe I'll play some computer games for night.

I'd better finish my drink and go, it's no use staying here.

''Asuka...''

''...! Itsuki!?''

I turned my head and saw Itsuki just a few steps away from me. She must left in hurry. I can see her hair all disheveled, and her scarf almost slipping off her neck.

Itsuki hugged me tightly before I can even ask her what happened. ''Thank God I was able to catch you...''

''Take it easy, I'm not going anywhere.'' I wrapped my arms around her, embracing her back.

''I heard what you said from the door, but I don't want to see Nino. Not after what she did!''

''Then you're in luck, Nino left the house about 15 minutes ago.''

''Good, I'm not going back to that house without an apology, hmpf!'' Itsuki tightened her hug and pouts. ''Also, I love you too...''

I felt my cheeks blushing. ''What are you planning to do now?"

''About that...''

Itsuki takes a few steps back and tightens the scarf around her neck. It's like she's preparing herself for what she's going to say. I'll not encourage her to go back up. That won't do, at least until everything is sorted out.

''May I stay at your place...only for few days? Please...''

''...I...''

I don't know what to say.

''Please! Don't worry, I won't make it difficult. I can even cook the meals myself! You're the only person I can ask this right now.''

''It's okay with me, rejecting my girlfriend... probably make me the worst boyfriend to ever exist anyway.'' I sipped my drink. ''But my house is far worse than a luxury hotel you might go to.''

The moment I accept her offer, a glimmer of light appeared in Itsuki's eyes. She must have been afraid that I reject her. Actually, having Itsuki crash at my place would be the best option I could prefer if she doesn't want to stay at her own place. So that I don't have to worry, but I'll definitely inform the others.

Itsuki shook her head. ''It's okay. I already told our story to you, remember?...We lived in poverty until our mother remarried to our current father and how our mother became ill and had to be hospitalized. I'm familiar with living in non-luxury.''

''If you say so...'' I sighed. ''Fine. Stay with me until we figure out what we can do.''

''Ha...! Thank you, thank you thank you! I love you!'' Itsuki tiptoed and kissed my cheek. ''Mwah.''

I touch my fingers to the spot where Itsuki kissed me. This girl knows how to catch me off guard very well. I wish I could say that I'm not blushing, but that would be a lie. I'm feeling extremely embarrassed right now. ''...Tch, not fair.''

.

.

.

My home is definitely one of the types of houses that you can call average. It's a two-story family house. Actually, it's quite a big house for just one person given that I have several unused rooms. My family decided to rent this place after I made the decision to live on my own. I told her to follow the route carefully as she had never been to my place before, so that she could find her way to me when needed.

''So this is your house...''

''If you're going to joke, don't. My heart may torture my poor soul even more.''

"No, no, I believe it's actually quite spacious, perhaps even twice the size of Uesugi-kun's house."

''Unfortunately, meatbun. Most people don't have the financial means to live in a penthouse in one of the city's wealthiest neighborhood.''

Itsuki leans slightly and smells the roses in my garden. I guess that's also the benefit of not living in an apartment, having your own garden. I actually don't know much about gardening myself. The previous owner of the building had planted these flowers before renting out the place, and I simply water them once a day.

''Waaaah, these smell wonderful! Hehe...''

''Thank cha!'' I took my house key out of my pocket and walked to the door. ''By the way, can I ask a question Itsuki?''

''Hm?''

''You don't have a fur allergy or something, do you?''

''Fur? What do you mean?''

''You see, I---WOAH?!''

As soon as I unlock the door and open it, an yellow energy ball shoots out from between the door and starts dashing towards the garden. It moved so quickly that I have to hold onto the door to keep my balance. Itsuki's eyes widen as she gazes at a tree in my garden.

''Asuka, i-is that-...''

''Tera! Ugh...How many times have I told you to stop doing this?''

My house cat, Tera.

''A-Asuka...You never told me you had a cat?!''

''You never asked.'' I shrugged with a smug smile. ''Actually, it's not mine. She's our family cat. My parents sent it me along so that I wouldn't be alone when I moved out of the house.''

''...''

''Itsuki?...''

''KYAAAAAAAAAH!~~~ KAWAII!!! Oh, my god, that must be the cutest creature I've ever seen! Look at these furs, what are you brushing them with?''

Itsuki immediately walk to my cat and tries to pet her. Tera is a docile cat, so there won't be a problem as long as she doesn't sense any real danger. Although her arrogance is at its highest level, as if she were a royal princess rather than a cat.

Trust me, I've toured all twelve shops in this neighborhood to find the cat food she loves.

Tera effortlessly hops into Itsuki's arms, rubbing its head against her scarf and purring softly. Itsuki clings to the cat in pure ecstasy.

''No problem with her going out; Tera always finds her way home one way or another.'' This time, I managed to open the door that Tera had blocked before. Home sweet home. ''Ladies first.''

Itsuki takes off her shoes and enters my house. I'm currently feeling mixed emotions. First of all, I'm happy that Itsuki has a place to stay, but on the other hand, my girlfriend is staying at my house. Guess I'll have to suppress my male hormones for a while.

''The bathroom, living room, and kitchen are on this floor, and there's also an unused storage room. Upstairs, there's toilets and bedrooms.''

''Where am I going to stay?'' Itsuki chuckles and puts Tera down. ''Waaaaah, fluffy~''

''You can stay in the guest room, the room at the end of the hallway.''

''Oh...I was hoping I'd stay in your room.''

''No chance.''

''Eh, but my r---

''No chance, meatbun. I don't want you to wake up in the morning with racist slurs or my ragequits. My room made soundproof so outside shouldn't be an issue. Otherwise I was already in jail, for too many reasons.''

''But the cat stays with me, hmpf.'' Itsuki pouts and began to look around in the first floor.

Itsuki first goes to the living room. Since my family visits me sometimes, I thought of at least keeping it tidy.

''It's really nice... Hehe, it's wonderful that your family can afford to rent a place like this. What did you say your parents do for a living?''

''My father is a surgeon and...y'know actually nevermind my mother.'' Whether I tell you or you won't believe it anyway. ''Shall we go look upstairs instead?''

''Ah ah!'' Itsuki smiles widely and raises her hand up. ''I want to see your room.''

We then left the lower floor and went upstairs. This floor has my room, the restrooms, and two guest rooms. I take Itsuki to my room first as she wants to see my room a.k.a where all the magic happens.

It's kind of embarrassing though...but I can handle it anyway. I believe I lost my sense of shame after the maid incident. I can't help but understand Itsuki's curious actions as it's her first time here, so I'll ignore her excessive curiosity. Besides, she looks incredibly adorable, hehe.

After showing which room is mine, I open the door. ''Behold! My secret paradise!''

''Uwa... It really has a whole new vibe.'' Itsuki blinks a few times and smiles. ''I like it.''

''Thanks, thanks! Fuutarou and I spent a lot of time decorating this place so all the kudos to him.'

Itsuki starts searching through my room like a little child, as if she doesn't know what she's looking for and just for fun. In fact, what she's doing is a violation of my personal rights, but who cares about the laws anyway? Especially after that night in Yoyogi Park, sheesh.

''I knew you were smart, Asuka, but wow, these bookshelves are full to the brim. Did you really read all of this books li---Oh...It's all manga.''

''E-Ehehehe...~''

''You know, even though I may be your girlfriend, I don't think I have the right to interfere with your tastes.'' Itsuki giggled and sat on my bed. ''But, just for your information—Reading literature works may be better for you.''

''M...M...M...''

''Asuka?''

''MANGA IS LITERATURE, OKAY!?''

.

.

.

— [𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲] —

Fuutarou's POV:

''Sorry for calling you on Sunday, Fuutarou.''

"Don't sweat it, we gotta track down Nino in any case."

I got a message from Miku this morning saying that I need to meet with her. Normally, I would wonder why she would do such a thing on a Sunday, but after what happened yesterday, isn't it quite obvious?

Right now, the two of us are sitting in that penthouse which is always filled with noise. But for the first time, this house felt so quiet to me.

''What happened after Nino left?''

''Ichika and Yotsuba did their best to persuade them, but-

''Wait, them? Miku, what happened after we left...''

Miku looked at me as if she was avoiding speaking the subject, but she had to tell me directly when I asked.

''Itsuki also left home right after you left.''

''...!''

''I texted Asuka this morning, but he hasn't replied yet. Maybe he didn't see it.''

''Did this kind of fight happen often in the past too?''

''We are sisters after all, It's not that rare that we fight...but... I think that this time is a little different than our fights in the past...'''

''Those damn idiots...! Where's Yotsuba and Ichika now?''

''Both of them have business and left early. Ichika had to go to work and Yotsuba was muttering something about track team in the morning.''

''Tch, perfect timing.'' I closed my eyes to recollect my thoughts.

''Sorry...''

Our priority must be finding Nino. Logically speaking, Itsuki must have already contacted Asuka. But Nino can't...She's too arrogant to do that, she must probably be staying at one of the hotels around district center but it'll take us all day to search all the hotels in this area without finding a clue.

''Anyhow, let's search for Nino first.''

Miku and I left the penthouse and went to busier streets. This way, we could both ask people for about Nino and check out hotels. Which is...totally useless. For about goddamn three hours, we asked at every hotel we saw if there was someone like Nino, but we returned empty-handed every time. Miku and I left nearly exhausted since we both unatlethic people.

I'm having trouble breathing, ugh...I wish I exercised.

''Hah...Hah...'' Like me, Miku put her hands on her knees and tried to catch some oxygen. ''I-I'm so tired...''

''What do you except from two unfit people...? Hah...Hah...''

Miku and I at some point leaned against a wall to rest. Otherwise, we might actually pass out from exhaustion.

''This shit will take forever, ugh...''

''Fuutarou, I have an idea. Let's see if it still works like in the old days...''

''Miku?''

Miku walks towards a group of strangers walking in front of us and greets them. ''Did anyone ever see someone with the same face as me?''

Holy shit, that makes sense. Why haven't I thought of this before?

One of the old ladies in the group finally says that she saw someone who looks like Miku at a hotel about half a mile from here.

''Fuutarou!'' Miku quickly turned back to me.

''Got it! That's Nino for sure! Come on Miku.''

Miku and I started to go to the hotel we got the address of after thanking the group for their help. That's our only solid clue, so it better turns out to be true. Otherwise, we'll have to go back to where we started.

When the hotel came into our field of vision, I understood that Nino is here right away. How? Because its far more luxurious compared to all the other hotels we visited, and there seems to be a butler at almost every possible corner. The guests don't look like ordinary people either; they are all suited up and accompanied by at least two secretaries.

It's interesting how knowing the certain businesswoman from middle school finally came in handy. I can easily tell if someone is the person on charge or not. It's simple: if a person is constantly blabber about blah blah and money blah blah, they're the employers, but if they nod their head as if they're in pain with some existential crisis, they're most likely the secretary.

''Excuse me.'' Miku started talking to the guy at the front desk. ''I seem to have lost my room key, can you help me, onegai?''

''Of course, ma'am. Could you tell me your first and last name?''

''Nino Nakano.''

''...!?''

After checking the system files, the receptionist opens the file containing the obligatory ID photos of the customers from his computer.

I feel relief when I see Nino's photo, that means she's really here. The receptionist looks at Nino's photo first and then glances at Miku a few times, as if he's checking something. Afterward, he pulls out a key from the drawer with the number 592 written on it.

''Here you go, ma'am.''

''Arigato.'' Miku bows down. ''Fuutarou, let's go.''

Do you realize what you just did?! Wait wait, that's not the real question. Heck! What kind of security problem is this? Whatever...It works, it works.

''What's the plan? Are we going to knock on the door or use the key and enter directly?''

''She won't open the door if we knock, so the second one.''

''Alright, you're the boss.'' I sighed. ''Why did this happen?...''

Miku and I found the door with the room number written on the twelfth floor. Moreover, she got a room with a sea-view. Geez, is Nakano-san really okay with this? It's clear that these girls have no clue about spending limits.

The cost of staying in that kind of room per night is at least...FOUR TIMES MY SALARY, GOD DAMMIT!

Miku and I paused for a few seconds after reaching the door. Later, she mustered her courage and inserted the key into the door. Hold up, if we catch Nino while she's changing or directly out of shower, she'll definitely kill me this time. I was only lucky last time.

*Creak...*

''What are you guys doing here?...''

''Nino...I...''

''They opened it to me when I told them I forgot my key in my room.'' Miku said.

''ARE THEY REALLY OKAY WITH THIS KIND OF LOOSE SECURITY?!''

''Nino, about yesterday...'' Miku took a deep breath. ''Look, Itsuki ru---''

''I don't care! Get out! You're not my sister anymore, nor others! I can handle myself just fine!''

With your father's money? Without working? Good luck on that.

Nino tried to slam the door in our faces, but I manage to prevent her from fully closing it by putting my arm between the door. My salary is at stake here, I can't fail!

''Hey hey hey, we've turned the whole hotel district upside down to find you, at least be kind and offer us some tea!'' I said. ''Tch, my arm.''

''Like hell I'll do that! I refuse!''

''Nino... What's wrong with you? You should be the one who cherishes them the most. Didn't you say that you love that house?''

''I told you to not to talk like you know everything about me, didn't I? Even so because you two... Everyting went away from us! This tutoring crap was bullshit from the start. Why did you two have to enter our life?''

''...And I thought you started accepting us at the inn bar.''

''It was just a weak moment of mine. Forget about that night, along with everything else.''

"No way, I won't forget. What you see as a 'weak moment' is the true you." I frown. "Nino."

''...I see, then get out.''

''I refuse to leave without speaking properly. Atleast open the door wide so we can have a face-to-face conversation!

Nino stared into my eyes with a murderous intent. Then, she let out a deep sigh and stopped pushing the door, finally bringing some brief to Miku and me. Maybe she finally decided to listen to her logic and wanted to discuss it properly. Thank god.

''Nino...'' Miku mumbled. ''Can we atleast-?!''

''Yes? Hotel lobby?'' Nino picked up the hotel phone. ''Excuse me but a dangerous person just trespassed my room.''

You son of a bi...

''Fuutarou, tactical retreat! Tactial retreat!'' Miku pulled my arm and began to run.

''Tch, can't be helped!''

.

.

.

''It was a complete fiasco...''

''Is that so, Miku? We almost got arrested! God, what's wrong with Nino...''

Miku and I had to flee the hotel because of Nino's stupid move. So all those hours spent looking for her gone straight to trash.

We sat in a nearby café to brainstorm about what to do, but neither of us felt like talking. Miku seemed annoyed, and I'm not in a much better state then her. All I do is stare at the iced coffee in front of me.

Miku touched her coffee cup. ''Maybe we should try our luck with Itsuki first. If she returns home, Nino may be convinced.''

''Finding Itsuki will be a problem. She doesn't go out much with her friends at school, so asking them won't do any good. Asuka isn't answering my phones either...Ugh, isn't it Sunday today? Of course he won't.''

''Why?''

''On Sundays, Asuka spends his time in two different ways. Either the school coach calls them for practice, or he plays games from morning till night with his headphones on. In either case, he doesn't check his phone much, so it doesn't really matter.''

''So, it's a dead end...''

''If she thinks I'm going to give up that easily, she's so wrong! That butterfly-shaped demon, grr...'' I sipped my coffee. ''But you're right, we have to find Itsuki. Also, the finals are just a week away, so we can't afford to skip even a single day from our study schedule. We need to have this thing done by Tuesday at the latest.''

I know we've been going to Nakano's for quite some time, but why is everything going wrong now?

Did we trigger something?...

''What are we going to do now, Fuutarou? We could always go to the police station.''

''That would be too much! If your father finds out, we'll probably be screwed. Instead, let's go and---

*BEEP BEEP*

My phone started ringing in the middle of my conversation with Miku. Weird... Normally, there's not many people who call me. I take my phone from my pocket to see who's calling.

''...!''

''Fuutarou?''

''It's Asuka.''

Miku immediately shut up and waited for me to pick up the phone. Maybe one of the pieces of the puzzle has finally come to light?

I press the call button.

''Asuka?! For God's sake you idiot, I've been calling you all morning!''

''Sorry, a lot has happened yesterday. Are you free?''

''Miku and I went to the hotel where Nino was staying to convince her, but no. She kicked us out.''

''Wait. Is Miku with you now?...''

''Yeah, we stop by a cafe to think about what to do.''

''How come, that works. Can you come to my house? Bring Miku too. I have something to say.''

''I can but---Wait wait wait! We need to talk about Itsuki. After we left, she ran away from home too, nobody's got a clue where she's at.

''That topic...All right, just come along, okay? I don't have time to explain on the phone. You already know where my house is. Gotta go now.''

''Oi, Asuka! Wait-''

*BEEP BEEP*

''Ugh...He hung up.'' I looked at my phone inside my palm. ''Geez.''

''Anything about Itsuki?''

''Nuh-uh.'' I shook my head. ''He told me to come to his house. He said there was something he couldn't explain on the phone also asked you to come as well.''

She took a sip of her drink and looked at me. ''Might have something to do with Itsuki. Let's go.''

.

.

.

Miku and I left the cafe after paying for the drinks. I've been to Asuka's house a million times, so I know where it is. We hopped on the train from the station, and throughout the ride, Miku seemed lost in her thoughts, probably pondering what the heck is going on. Nino is stubborn, and so is Itsuki. Ugh... All these things are giving me a headache. Why couldn't we just go back to our ordinary days like before the field trip?

I accompanied Miku all the way to Asuka's house after we got off the train. But it ended up being the person who opened the door when I rang the doorbell that really shocked us, going our eyes wide.

''Uesugi-kun? Miku?''

''Itsuki!? What the heck are you doing here?'' I asked.

''I'm drinking coffee as you can see, what's up with you two?'' Itsuki giggled and sipped her drink from the mug she hold. ''Hehe.''

''We both know very well what I'm talking about! What are you doing in Asuka's place?''

''I didn't want to stay at the hotel, so I asked Asuka if I could stay at his house for a few days.''

As Miku and I were trying to figure out what was going on, Asuka came down from upstairs and seemed relaxed when he saw us.

''Welcome Fuutarou, Miku. I had to call you about...this. Please come inside, there's no need to stay outside.''

We gathered and went to Asuka's room. Itsuki explained what happened and that she had spent the night at Asuka's house. Miku and I tried to convince her to return, but Itsuki is dead set on not returning before Nino.

These sisters' stubbornness is starting to get on my nerves now...

''And yeah, to let you two know that Itsuki is staying with me, I invited you two here. Things didn't go too well with Nino, apparently.'' Asuka sat on his computer chair and crossed his arms. ''...''

''I doubt we'll ever be able to use the same tactic again.'' Miku said and start to play with Tera. ''Uwaaa...Soft furs. Meow meow, neko-chan.''

''Oi, Itsuki.'' I sighed. ''Staying here doesn't mean you won't go to school. You have to study your classes.''

''Oh please. I know that already, hmpf. I took my school clothes with me, so it's okay. I'm going to study here for my lessons for the finals-''

''And I think I'll be here to help her, so I won't be able to go to the girls' house. I'm sorry, Fuutarou.'' Asuka followed Itsuki's words.

''God this is getting ridiculous. If I continue to focus on Nino, Yotsuba and Ichika will fail, or vice versa, this time Nino will continue to reject us. Ugh, my brain...''

It's really bullshit... Itsuki can manage her studies since she'll be with Asuka, but Ichika, Yotsuba, and Miku also need to prepare for the finals. If I spend my tutoring hours trying to bring Nino back, then they will fail, and on top of that, there's no guarantee that Nino'll ever return.

''You don't have to come to us if you need, Fuutarou.'' Miku said and snuggled Tera. ''We can study on our own.''

''... Do you really believe what you just said?''

She whistled away. ''No.''

''What can we do?...'' Asuka lay his back to his bookshelf filled with stupidly amount of manga. ''Any ideas?''

Suddenly, my mind becomes illuminated with lightning bolts of thought. A wave of realization washes over me as I grasp the sheer brilliance of this idea. It dawns on me, and I can't help but wonder why this revelation eluded me until now.

A chuckle escapes my lips, followed by an uncontrollable laughter that echoes through my mind. Holy fuck, why on earth did I not think about it before? Ahahah...haha...AHAHAHAHHAHAHA!?!

''Asuka! Come here for a sec!''

''Hm?''

I lower my voice tone to whipser to his ear. ''Perhaps we can...''

*whistle whistle...*

Asuka's eyes widen in an instant when my words reach his ear. ''Uesugi Fuutarou, you're one sick hell of a bastard...''

''What are you two mumbling about?'' Itsuki sighed and took a seat next to Miku. ''Uesugi-kun?''

''Fuutarou?''

''𝗕𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆, 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀. 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗻.''

- - -

— [𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐲, 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥] —

Third Person POV:

''The house seems pretty empty without those two, right? Waaaaah...''

''Indeed, onee-chan isn't used to this kind of silence.''

Now Yotsuba, Ichika, and Miku were sitting in their penthouse living room. Although the departure of their sisters saddened all three of them, they had their own responsibilities to take care of. Ichika start accepting all acting offers she could get to earn money, while Yotsuba was helping out with the track team.

Nakano Miku was in a strange mood. She was angry at Asuka and Fuutarou for not telling her and Itsuki about the plan they discussed yesterday, but at the same time, she was curious about what they might do.

Fuutarou informed her that classes were going to keep and that she must be at home today.

She mumbled to herself. ''But doesn't that mean neverminding Nino then...?''

''Miku Miku, are you okay?'' Yotsuba tilted her head and poked Miku's cheek. ''You look weird.''

''I'm fine, just curious about those two.''

''Pfft, it'll be just fine! Uesugi-san and Asuka-kun told us to not worry! I wanna believe them, hihi. Right, Ichika?''

''If those two say they'll handle it, Onee-chan knows they will.''

''...'' Miku remain silent. ''Hope so...''

''We need to stay focused on our the finals. Uesugi-san should be any minute, so make sure we pay attention to him, girls.'' Yotsuba tried to cheer up her sisters.

Miku managed to crack a faint smile. ''Right, we can show him what we can do.''

*Ding Dong*

The doorbell rang while the girls were talking about their the finals. Even though they left three instead of five in their luxurious penthouse now, this shouldn't have prevented their work.

Ichika gets up after a couple of moments to stretch and smile. ''I'll open, hehe. Fuutarou-kun will probably act as if nothing happened and tell us to focus on our studies.''

''That's his style, after all.'' Miku giggled.

Ichika laughed at Miku's comment and proceeded to the ringing door. ''Hai hai, wait a second onegai!'' She opened the door with a smile. ''Fuutarou-kun, you're late al--- Eh?...Ha?AAAAAAAAAAAAH!? W-W-W-W-WHAT?!''

''...''

. . .

''Hmpf! I can live my life without them. Who needs sisters anyway?''

*Knock Knock*

When Nino was freshening up her make-up in her beloved hotel room, the door knocked a few times. Nino, thinking it was room service, opened the door only to find the last face she wanted to see at that moment—the stupid face of their tutor.

''What are you doing here? I told you to not talk with me.''

''Did you go to school today?''

''You can't talk to me like that. And what's that to you? It's not your problem whether I go to school or not.''

''How do you intend to pass the finals by acting like this?'' Fuutarou frown and crossed his arms.

''So what then if I pass? I don't care about that crap.''

''There's no way I'm going to give up after getting this far!''

''So be it, don't give up on the others then. Bye-bye.''

The moment Nino was about to close the door again, Fuutarou put his arm between the door as he did last time and prevented him from closing the door. This time with a devilish grin on his face.

''Hold right there!''

''Ha?! You want me to call security again? Because I can do it, gladly.''

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐱𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐬. Once Nino realized what was happening, her eyes widened, and then she fell onto her kness, to the cold floor of the hotel room.

She glared at their tutor with such fury as if a beast was about to burst out from within her. ''Uesugi...You sick bastard. You're playing dirty—!''

''Sorry, you forced me to do.''

And thus, Nakano Nino realized what despicable and disgusting plan their tutor had in store.

''...''

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.7K 78 23
Following the events of the manga, Futaro and the Nakano sisters progress into the next stage of their life: adulthood. Who would have thought colleg...
2.7K 93 9
"Can a withered, shriveled, crumpled old weed...be as beautiful as a rose? Or is that asking for too much...?" The Quintessential Quintuplets X Male...
17.8K 485 33
After Fuutaro collapsed on his school trip, an admirer couldn't bear to look at him exhausted like that. He decided to help his „Idol" out, how will...
2.1K 53 13
Kazato Igarashi... A young man who doesn't seem to care about his own wellbeing nor others after what transpired in his dark past. He could simply wa...