Monster High: A New Start (Ma...

By Morning_Blankets

Y/N Van Helsing is the adopted nephew to the world famous monster hunter Vincent Van Helsing. However, neithe... More

A Spooky Start
First Day Freights
Here Comes Cupid
Necromalcy
New Ghoul
Disassembly
Strange Situations
M.A.L.L.
Dastardly Discoveries
Bad Gets Worse
Creepy Crybrary
Homecoffin
Freightful Friends
Dreadful Director
Insidious Interviews
Spine-Chilling Sabotage
Silver Scream
Freight or Fight
Hunting Humans
Hiding in Horror
Phantom Phone Syndrome
Soulful Search
Moody Mooncycle
Monster Mash
Ragged Regrets
(After)Life
Boo-tiful Music
Sinema
Terror On The Tracks
Abominable Adventure
New Goreleans
Soul-Searching Steamboat
Melodramatic Memories
Castlevania
Helsing
Vampire's Heart
Boo Bros
Possible Ghoulfriend
Sweet Screams
Boogie Nights
Bloody Revelations
Wicked Winter Break Begins
The Grimm Baking Show
The Unlives of Helsing
Familiar Families
Chilling Christmas
Immoral Integrity
Enduring Evil
The End or A Start?

Nefarious New Year

580 30 14
By Morning_Blankets

You let out a yawn as you walked through the Maul. It was official the time for returning unwanted gifts, clothes that didn't quite fit, and cashing out on gift cards and mulalala. And after you and Frankie practically spent the last two weeks together, you both thought it would be best if you spent time with other people.

Deuce: It's good to be back. I actually missed the Maul.

Gil: Tell me about it.

You were heading to get your ear repierced. It had been a minute since you last wore an earring, but you missed it. Plus, it was the start of a new year.

Deuce: So, you and Frankie were alone a lot lately.

You shrugged. You already knew that he would tease you about it, but beside the kiss, nothing happened. And you both agreed not to act on it too. You wanted to pursue Elissabat or Operetta, but you just didn't know who. It was still hard to choose. But you needed to choose. You just needed to.

Gil: It's crazy to think that the school year is nearly over.

Deuce: Only a few more moths then it's summer. We gotta do something.

A summer trip? That sounded like fun.

Cleo: I vote somewhere I can get a tan.

The three of you stopped when you heard Cleo's voice. You looked over to see the girls leaving a store just in time to meet up with you. You waved to your friends before locking eyes with Elissabat. She nervously looked away, still a bit awkward about what had happened between the two of you.

You still didn't remember the kiss, but you really wanted to.

Clawdeen: I'm glad you guys made it. Now we can work on your fashion choices.

The three of you looked down at your outfits confused. You thought you looked fine. Draculaura suddenly gasped.

Draculaura: Fashion montages?

Cleo nodded with a smile.

Cleo: Fashion montages.

Fashion montages?

Oooooh. Fashion montages.

You looked at your new outfit and honestly felt like it was an improvement. You were now wearing a red coat that went just past your waist and a pair of light washed pants. You also wore a black shirt with your new earring hanging from your ear.

Clawdeen: Not bad. You know, you're handsome when you get dressed up.

You winked her way only for her to stick her tounge out. You suddenly found and arm around your neck as Deuce used you as support.

Deuce: Looking fly, my guy.

The others were quick to regroup, you, Deuce and Gil in new outfits, before heading off to try and get some food. It felt funny seeing Humans walking around with Monsters now. Almost like you could actually see the impact that you'd been making. Humans in the Maul and Monster in the Mall. What a turn out.

The heads of the school, Helsing, Dracula, and Bloodgood, even wanted to get you and the others together to discuss a possibility for a human/monster dance at school. Something you were absolutely down for. But, of course, that also meant there was a downside.

Lilith: Vinny Poo!

You froze and almost threw up when you heard Lilith's voice pierce your ears. Your friends also seemed to deflate as you looked behind to see Lilith and her friends heading your way.

Elissabat: Who's that?

Clawdeen: Trouble.

Lagoona: We can pretend we didn't hear her.

Deuce: I can stone her.

Y/N: That would be an attack and you would be a target for the Hellscreams.

Deuce: Ignoring her it is.

You all tried to walk off but Lilith suddenly slid into view. You came to a halt as she tried to throw her arms around you. You easily avoided her.

Lilith: Funny running into you here. I heard you were attacked a while back. Are you alright?

You rolled your eyes and tried to walk past her, but she was quick to stop you. You had to remind yourself that this wasn't just some girl. She was Lilith Von Hellscream. She had the same skills as her uncle.

Y/N: Just leave me alone.

Lilith pouted. She looked so ugly when she did that. What was she? 5?

Lilith: You're so cold. What happened to use being friends.

Y/N: We were never friends. And even if we were, you sabotaged me and nearly got my friends hunted down before you helped kidnap me!

Lilith shrugged.

Lilith: Technicalities.

You shoved past her only to hear a deep voice clear his throat. You all stopped when you realized who was also standing there. A man of large stature who was being watched by monster and humans alike.

Hellscream: Hello, Y/N. It's nice to see you again.

Your friends immediately froze. The thing about Hellscream was that he was well respected by Humans and Monster alike. Your uncle was too, but there were a few humans who didn't like him due to his sympathy towards Monsters being greater. Hellscream was simply about peace between the two.

He was like an A-List celebrity. Everyone knew the name. Hard to believe that Lilith was related.

Hellscream approved your friends and placed a hand on your shoulder. He was smiling softly.

Hellscream: I apologize for my niece. I have no idea why she has such an obsession with you, but her actions are inexcusable.

Your friends watched with jaded breaths they knew that your family and his didn't exactly get along, but they didn't really know how you would react to this. They soon got their answer when you shrugged his hand off.

Y/N: Just keep her away.

You walked past the large man who simply allowed it. Your friends soon followed suit as Hellscream stared at his niece. He let out a sigh before walking the opposite direction of you and your group.
------------
Helsing: Hellscream was at the Maul?

You and your friends were back at the house where you recapped what happened to your uncle and Dracula. They were just as surpised to hear that he was even in public.

Frankie: It was a bit odd, but Lilith was there too.

Cleo: Unfortunately. Totally ruined my shopping trip.

Everyone stared at her. She silently sipped on her coffee.

Clawdeen: What is he even doing here? Shouldn't he be off doing some peace thing somewhere else?

Helsing: He comes and goes.

You just sighed and leaned back against the couch. Elissabat looked up from her chocolates before quickly looking down again. Something Draculaura noticed. She raised a brow. She noticed something was weird between the two of you but she hasn't been able to ask since she didn't want things to be any more awkward.

Frankie only knew since you told her, and she was silently rooting for the two of you to make things work. But you needed to do something soon before you lose your chance.

Helsing: Well monitor the situation. You kids had fun at least?

Everyone nodded.

Dracula: Good. Because school starts next week.

You all groaned. School would be starting next week, which meant class was next week.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Deuce: At least we're roommates again.

That was indeed a plus.

Besides, a whole new year brought new possibilities. New adventures. And you couldn't wait to see what they would be.
----------
Y/N: Seriously? Homework on the first day?

You sat in your dorm staring blankly at the blank paper. You needed to explain what happened during Winter break, but you weren't too keen on explaining getting drunk on eggnog and showing Frankie her first Christmas. It was fun, but you didn't really want to have to write through that for your teacher to see.

You spun your pencil around your finger while Deuce yawned. He was supposed to go on a date with Cleo, but they both decided on a raincheck after the mess that was the first day back. Everyone seemed to be tired. You were still fairly new at this whole student thing, but going on break and suddenly coming back just didn't work for you.

Y/N: This sucks.

Your phone started to vibrate but it was on your bed. You looked back and tried to reach for it, but it was just too far. You tried to stretch your fingers but it wasn't even close.

Y/N: Deuuuuuce. Can you get my phooone?

Deuce groaned as he tried to reach for it too. He managed to knock it down and scooted it his way with his fingers. He then looked at it. He smiled as he answer.

Deuce: Elissabat. What up?

You shot up from your chair and tackled Deuce. You began to try and wrestle away your phone before keeping him back with your foot.

Y/N: Hey! Sorry about that. Some people don't know how to not answer people's phones.

Deuce grabbed your leg and wrestled you to the ground, bending your leg against your back.

Elissabat: Are you okay? Did I call at a bad time?

Y/N: No. You're, ah, okay. What's up?

Elissabat heard you struggling as well as Deuce laughing, but decided not to question it further.

Elissabat: I was just wondering if you wanted to meet up? I wanted to see you.

You stood up, knocking Deuce off of you. You grabbed your coat and immediately started to leave.

Y/N: Sure! Where are we going?

Elissabat: Well...
--------
You sat across from Elissabat at the Coffin Bean. She had already paid for your drink, but you were still trying to pay her back.

Elissabat: Thank you for coming.

Y/N: Honestly, thanks for inviting me.

Elissabat smiled. Things have been weird, but today everything will be fixed. She had a plan. You were sipping on your drink when she finally spoke.

Elissabat: Do you think we would make a good couple?

You turned your head and spat your drink out onto an unfortunate troll that happened to be passing by. You weren't expecting that question. And what did she mean by it? Where was this coming from?

You looked at her to find her running her finger along the edge of her cup. You thought about it for a moment before you noticed some people around watching her. It was hard to remember that she was actually a famous actress. She had hundreds of fans. Millions adored her.

And here she was, getting coffee with you and asking about relationships.

You were pretty close. It was no secret that there was something there. Some kind of attraction. You honestly didn't know what it was. You've never felt it before. At least you didn't think so.

Y/N: Why do you ask?

Elissabat shrugged. She was waiting for your answer. She need you to say something.

You struggled to find the words before you began to speak.

Y/N: I dunno. I guess we would be a pretty good couple.

Elissabat smiled for a second before she looked up at you.

Elissabat: So, what about it? Should we give it a go?

You froze as it seemed like the world around you went silent. You both stared at each other, waiting to see if either of you would say anything. Did she just ask you out? You didn't misunderstand that, did you?

You were about to answer, but you were suddenly interuptted when your phone started to ring. You checked it to see that it was Deuce. You frowned before locking it again. You turned back to Elissabat, but your phone started ringing again. This time it was Draculaura. Elissabat noticed as more calls started to come in from Cleo and Clawdeen.

Elissabat: Do you need to take that?

You weren't sure, until Frankie called. There had to be a reason why everyone was calling you. You quickly answered the call.

Y/N: Hello?

Frankie: Y/N! Someone attacked Monster High!

Your eyes grew wide as you suddenly shot to your feet.

Y/N: What happened?!
-----------
You stood in front of your beloved school as the other students gathered to look at the vandalism that covered the stones. Profanities and slurs were painted all over the walls and several windows were broken. The statue of the school's founder was even missing it's head.

You couldn't look away. Your blood was boiling at the sight. Who would do something like this? Why?

Your friends remained by you as you clenched your fists. Clawdeen sniffed the air before she caught a familiar scent. You noticed this and locked eyes. It was at this moment that everything clicked.

Ms. Flap. Your video. Bram. The attack at the club. Now this? There were too many coincidences to call this a string of random events. This was all planned. It was calculated and someone was behind it.

You looked back to the school and narrowed your eyes.

This was a declaration of war. One that will not go ignored.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 64 16
Y/N L/N is a half dragon who lives with her father and sister in a cave most of her life until one day she gets a invitation to go to Monster High. M...
248 2 2
Mason Van Helsing is an interesting character who is the living definition of the word contrast. However, a trip to one of the biggest tattoo convent...
10.7K 150 6
this story is updated to a better reading experience so i hope you all like it even more! You are Jonny's adopted niece, and you are half vampire. On...
160K 2.6K 36
(y/n) was the freakish result of an experiment conducted by a cult known as the Claws of Dala. the experiment involved taking human infants and injec...