Somebody To Live For: Book II

By MckenzieReese

Part II, the sequel of 'Somebody To Die For'. Follow the life if Jessica Jones, adult hood, New love, past sk... More

The Invitation
The New Life
Something's not right
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
An Old Friend?
Its A Date!
For Old Time Sakes
Intro: Somebody To Live ForπŸƒ
Somewhere Across Town
Hidden Sexualities
Acts of Wickedness
Mind Games
Dear Diary
The Four Seasons
The Night Before I Say I Do
Stealing & Lying
Time is Ticking
We Meet Again
Bachelor vs Bachelorette
I Love You
Cold Feet
I Do
Sexual Seduction
Exposed
We skipped the birds and bees
What a Night
Not another Statistic
Kick Start Christmas
A Christmas Revival πŸŽ„
Holiday Disaster
Friend who have Lunch
Shelter for a Home
Long Way From Home
Not too far from home
Whoopsy
The Drunken Blues 🎢
Young Lovers
Stressed Beyond Measures
Another Surprise
Possibilities
I Want You To Fuck Me
We've ran our Course
What are friends for
Spilling Secrets
Who's the daddy
Families all we got
Tell me Love Me
The Truths Coming Out
Ticking Time Bomb
Times Up
The Fortune Teller
Locked Away
Its not Him
Freedom
What Next
Making Plans
The Truth Always Prevails
We Rule in Your Favor
Finally, Some Good News
Just Three Minutes
The Question
Detoxing
I call the Shots
Three Nights Without You
Everybody's Drowning
You Have a Sister in Me
Preparing for a Shower
Surprise
Shes Having A....
What If
Forgiveness and Family
Thank You - To My Readers
Baby Mehlani Anna - Chloe King
You May Kiss The Bride
Thank You
Its Almost Time

Coming Home

131 9 2
By MckenzieReese

As we returned to the waiting room, everyone stood to their feet, waiting on the news.

"It's not him" I smiled, shaking my head.

Everyone let out a breathe that they probably didn't know they were even holding in. The sadness in the room had elevated a little bit. Although the body wasn't Liam's, the boys were still missing.

Masons Phone rang and he didn't recognize the number, but he answered either way.

"Hello?"

"Um.. hi.. umm.. is this Mj's dad?"

"Yes this is he, might I ask who's speaking?"

"I'm Allison, I got your number out of Liam's phone"

"Why do you have Liam's phone?"

"Who has Liam's phone? who is that?" Jess asked walking over to listen. I placed the phone on speaker for both of us to hear.

"I had his phone from the fight at the skating ring, my dad took him, your son and his cousins. He pushed him and had his knee on Liam's neck. I think he might've hurt him, but I'm not sure"

"Allison where are you? Where are the boys?" Jess took the phone.

"Is this Liam's auntie?"

"Yes this is. Where are they Allison? Why would your father hurt him?"

"Because... he... he's a..."

"He's a what !!!"

"He's racist..."

"You knew your father was a racist and you still insisted on being with my black nephew ? Are you crazy!"

"I'm so.. so .. so sorry. We tried to hide it, we thought we could make it work... we thought it was working"

"You could've cost my nephew his life! Do you know how stupid that was?"

"I'm so sorry... I never meant for anything of this to happen Ms. Jones"

"I am at the hospital after 2 in the morning, looking at dead bodies, under the impression that my nephew and his friends are dead or hurt! Do you know the heartache you cost our families little girl?"

"I never meant for any of this to happen"

"Where are they?"

"They were taken to the station where my father works"

"Which one?"

"Downtown, that's where he took them. But I haven't heard from them since"

"Allison, you better pray my nephew and those boys are alive and well because if something is wrong, so Help me God I will...."

"No no no, stop. She's still a child, I know you're upset but don't tell her something you may regret. Baby I am pissed and upset right now and I'm barely holding it together. I'm only calm right now because I have to be the sane one for the both of us. Please give me the phone" Mason spoke to me in a calm tone, I could tell he was only holding himself together for me.

"You're right, I just want them back home and safe"

"And we will bring them back, all of them" he gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked over to the corner to finish speak to Allison who was sobbing on the other end.

"So what now? they were arrested? For what?" Georgia asked worried but upset at the same time.

"Apparently there was a fight, hopefully she tells Mason more information"

"Did you know that her father was a racist?" Jamison asked

"I should slap the dog shit out of you. You really think I would've let her around our family knowing that?"

"I'm sorry, I just had to ask and be sure"

Mason came back over and told us where the boys were. He didn't know if they were hurt or anything, but all we knew was that they were alive.

"The station is about thirty five minutes away, Jamison, you can ride with Georgia, it's late and I don't want her alone"

"Okay"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Damien's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim gave me the boot, kicking me out of her apartment after admitting to setting me up and using me. I hate her, I hate her so much.

I have no job, no money, my parents think that I'm still with Jess. I have nothing but the clothes on my back. The only thing I can even think of is begging them to work for the family business until I get back on my feet.

Walking up the stairway to my parents home, I had to release any pride I had.

The lights were off, the house was quiet. I'm sure everyone was sound asleep. I gathered up the courage to finally knock.

After the first three knocks, the house was still quiet. I knocked another three times, still nothing.

Looking around at the street lights, my best bet was to sit on the outside swing on the porch and take a nap here.

But the upstairs lights turned on and I could see a figure approaching the door.

"Who's out there? I have a gun!" My fathers husky voice rang through the house.

"It's me dad, it's Damien"

"Boy what the hell are you doing out there?"

He opened the door, pulling me in for a hug, Immediately locking the door behind me.

"It's a lot, but for now, I need a place to stay"

"What happened? You and Jessica had a fight?" He asked Looking very concerned.

"No, we actually broke up"

"What? Why?" He walked over to the living room and I could see my mothers reflection coming downstairs.

"It wasn't working out for a while. Neither of us were happy anymore so we broke up. But then I lost my job and everything was financially on her so that strained our relationship and friendship"

"Oh my poor baby" my mother came over caressing my head with kisses. "Why didn't you come home?"

"Because I was embarrassed Mom, I'm a man, I shouldn't have to run back home when trouble comes knocking at my door"

"Our doors are always opened to you son, don't you ever forget it"

"You could've worked at the funeral home until you got back on your feet honey" Mom suggested.

"Well can I?"

"We are under investigation" my dad said with his head hanging low.

"Investigation? Why? What happened?"

"That sick crackhead brother of yours was having sex with the peoples corpse"

"What? No way ! Are you serious?"

"He recorded himself ejaculating on them and posted it to a website. Then it only got worse once we rolled the tapes back. The police saw the video he uploaded and shut us down. All the bodies were taken and sent to another funeral home. We've been losing so much money. Thankfully we have our savings, that's the only thing keeping our heads above water"

"I'm so sorry dad, why didn't you tell me"

"Because it wasn't your burden to carry" my mom interjected.

"Well what can I do?"

"Nothing sweetheart. Just pray for us, our lawyers are dealing with it"

"I wish there was more I could do"

"It's alright son"

"Your room is still where you left it" my mom told me rubbing my head and I smiled.

I guess she could see how tired I was and that I needed a nap.

"Go rest up son, we'll finish this conversation later on today. The lawyers are coming over to discuss what further actions we can take to get our business back"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 3.8K 52
Sage Asher just moved to Maple Town with his parents. He quickly befriends Caden Jones, the school's nerdy rich boy with a bad past in his family. N...
288K 8.9K 46
#1 in Werewolf on 4/2/21. This book is about a girl named Alessia who went to college meeting her best friend Jessica and fell in love with her boyfr...
407K 18.2K 36
Falling in love with your best friend's brother is never a good thing, is it? Falling in love with both of your best friend's older brothers? That's...
4.6K 320 59
Omg I'm going to die! "I can't! Jesus! I'm not going down there" "Oh come on Rue, it's not even that way down". I turned to look at those hazel eyes...