CHANGED - Classroom of the El...

By blondiewritesthings

There's not enough canon info about what happens when you die. Everyone's curious to know yet most are too sc... More

Notes
Horikita Suzune - Reincarnation
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
.-- .. .-.. .-.. --- .--
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
Ending Notes

18

3K 158 24
By blondiewritesthings

"No way..." Chabashira muttered. She rapidly flicked through the test booklet to see what was written for the answers, the weak light from her lamp giving her more harm than help. "This can't be true... How could she score..."

Math – 98/100

Science – 92/100

English – 100/100

Japanese – 99/100

Japanese History/HASS – 94/100

Chabashira shook her head to clear it. She gulped.

"If she could score this high on these kinds of questions, then that would mean he would score- "

---

"Hey Suzune!" She got latched onto by a certain teal-haired girl.

"Morning Haruka."

"You sound tired, girl. Did you sleep well?"

"Could've been better."

"Ahhh, I see." Haruka wrapped her arm around her shoulder. "Then... let's get you pumped up for the day!"

"What's that supposed to mea- " She didn't get to respond when Haruka suddenly began running forwards, bringing Suzune with her.

(5 minutes later:

"H-how- how are you..." Haruka panted, kneeling over on the tiled floor in front of their shared classroom. "How are you... not tired?"

"Well, you did run me around so I would wake up, right?"

"... I hate you sometimes."

"Good to know. Now, get up. People are staring.")

---

"You gotta watch out for class C, Suzune! They've been poking and prodding at us non-stop! What if you get hurt??"

As soon as last period ended, Sudo came running up to her desk, concern written on his face.

"I'll be fine. Thanks for worrying, though."

Sudo's eyes went wide. He blinked a few times before flushing bright red. "Y-yeah! Of course! The Big Ken is here for you no matter what!"

"That's nice."

She was about to put on her music when Harem boy came waddling up to her as well.

"Horikita-san. I have a proposal."

"Hm?"

"I think that we should keep up the study groups, not just for tests but for- "

An abrupt thud cut him off. The students all turned to face the door to find Ryuuen and his lackies blocking the way.

"What?"

"Hey, now." Ryuuen smirked.

Sudo raised his fists. "What the hell? This is class D, assholes!"

Hirata put a hand in front of the taller student, staying calm. "Do you have any business here, Ryuuen-kun?"

Ryuuen shoved his hands in his pockets and waltzed into the classroom. "Do I need a special reason to visit another class in my grade level? I'd say you're all jumping at mere shadows."

"In most schools, you wouldn't." Hirata spoke up. "But circumstances are a little different at this school."

"I just think it's time we start being a little friendlier." He noticed Koenji leaving the classroom. He frowned before looking back to his loyal dogs. "Ishizaki." Said man nodded and signalled his mates to chase after him.

Ryuuen didn't say anything after that and swiftly left the classroom, Albert in tow.

"Hey, is it just me, or is Ryuuen about to do something crazy?" Ike said, leaning into his arms.

"Wanna follow?" Yamauchi asked.

"Wait! You think he's going to do something to Koenji?!" Ike yelled.

Looks like her new playlist is gonna have to wait. Suzune stood up from her desk, phone in hand. "Let's go."

"Horikita-san?" Harem boy asked, looking over to her.

"It's clear Ryuuen's about to do something shady; we might as well get video evidence."

In other words, she's bored and watching petty drama between her year mates sounded funny to watch.

She didn't wait for his response and walked out the door. But when she reached the stairs, she did hear a cluster of footsteps racing after her.

---

"What brings you to me?" Koenji asked while closing his eyes. "Have I done something to warrant your interference?"

Ryuuen looked over to blondie. "I'd like to talk with you, Weirdo."

"'Weirdo'?" Koenji placed a hand on his heart in mock offense. "You can't possibly mean me?"

"Who else?

"Pure rubbish, I assure you, but I'll pretend I didn't hear that. As a sign of my boundless benevolence. But as I do have a date I simply can't miss..." Koenji whipped out his dandy mirror, twirled it around in his hands, and posed in front of it. "I don't suppose we can make this quick?"

"I'm afraid you'll have to reschedule it." Ryuuen plucked the mirror from his hands and tossed it to the floor. It shattered into tiny glass shards.

Koenji bent down to pick it up with a sigh. "What a brute you are. Are you aware of how much this mirror cost?"

"My deepest apologies. It slipped from my grasp."

"Oi, Ryuuen." Said man turned around to face her. Suzune tossed her phone up and down in her hand. "I know you're like emotionally constipated, and I get that, but can you like not be dickhead for five minutes?"

A thunder of footsteps came to a halt next to her.

"Fighting words, Suzune." Ryuuen glanced over his shoulder. "As you can see, I'm quite busy with Koenji right now."

"I thought I heard something brewing." A soft voice approached. Sakayanagi and her right hand members appeared at the walkway's intersection. "What an interesting combination of characters."

"Sakayanagi, eh?" Ryuuen put a hand on his hip, annoyed. "It's almost like you knew this was about to go down."

"I just happened to be passing by."

"Don't make me laugh."

Sakayanagi kept her polite smile plastered on her face. "Could it be you're planning a Christmas party?"

Ryuuen frowned. "Get lost. I'm not dealing with you yet."

"Don't be like that. Won't you let me join you?"

"Do what you want. Just don't interrupt."

Koenji slipped his bag off his shoulders. "I'm more than happy to perform before a larger audience, but could you make your point quickly? I'm afraid I'll have to leave if you don't."

"Sorry about that. Let's get down to business."

"My inference is thus," Koenji held up a hand. "Someone in class D has been interfering with your plans. You're trying to find out who that is."

Ryuuen's eyes narrowed. "Yes. That's exactly it."

"Then I'm afraid I can't help you. I'm incapable of caring how any class ends up. I haven't even put any effort whatsoever into the tests up to this point in time. Nor do I intend to. What could you possibly gain from confronting me?"

Ryuuen tilted his head up. "Your story doesn't quite make sense. What about the special exam on the ship? The evidence is piling up."

"I was just killing time. And it freed me from needing to participate in those irritating get-togethers."

"Then I can't be assured you didn't participate in any others. In other words, there's no guarantee that you don't control class D." Ryuuen slanted his eyebrows. "Right?"

"Right indeed!" Koenji agreed. "But if you're the kind of person to come to such a conclusion, it merely shows the limits of your own behaviour. Making you a halfwit who isn't smart at all."

Ishizaki and his gang got into fighting stances when hearing that, scowling and 'tch'ing.

"Fair enough." Ryuuen grinned. "If what you're saying is true, then that means you're irrelevant to me and class D?"

"Correct. I appreciate that quick wit of yours, Dragon Boy." Suzune had to swallow her snickers down her throat.

"And if I were to choose violence to show my dominance?"

Koenji placed his hand back down to his side. "What a nonsensical question. You wouldn't make that decision. Certainly not here."

Ryuuen's grin got wider. "Sorry, but I'm capable of violence no matter the time and location."

"I see. Then I'll give you my answer. If you were to make such a decision, in order to protect both myself and my pride, I'll knock out all those who came at me."

"You really think you can beat me?"

"I can't think of a single reason why not."

Suzune felt her hand twitch towards her pocketknife.

"He's..." Ryuuen's eyes widened. "Completely insane, in an entirely different way to me... That's all there is to it."

Koenji gave off his classic smile. "I'm glad to have this misunderstanding resolved."

"Tell me one thing, Koenji. If it's not you, then who is it?" Ryuuen smirked. "Is it one of those idiots behind me who followed us here?"

Koenji merely closed his eyes with a serene smile. "I wouldn't dream of stealing your fun."

"Might I ask a question?" Sakayanagi piped up. "A little birdie told me that Dragon Boy-san was looking for a particularly clever member of class D. Is that true- "

"I told you to stay out of this, Sakayanagi." Ryuuen cut her off. "And one more thing, the next time you call me that, I'll kill you."

Sakayanagi tilted her head forward, amused. "You don't like it? I thought it was a lovely name for you myself... Dragon Boy."

In a flash, Ryuuen sprinted up to her and leaped. His leg was aimed right for her skull.

Right as it was about to make contact, Hashimoto jumped in and blocked it with his forearm, tumbling to the ground.

Sakayanagi didn't break eye-contact. "My, did that upset you?"

Ryuuen straightened up; eyes slanted. "Didn't I say I'd kill you if you called me that again?"

"Stop it right there!" Yukimura yelled. "Your behaviour right now is unacceptable!"

"Did someone do something bad just now, Hashimoto-kun?" Sakayanagi asked.

Hashimoto just dusted himself off. "No, I simply tripped and fell."

"And there you go. Everything is okay."

"You're all insane. What's wrong with you people?" Yukimura muttered under his breath.

The guy's smart and all, but he has trouble viewing the world from different perspectives of different people. He doesn't know how to recognize an act; how to recognize when someone has more planned than what they reveal to the public eye.

He'll probably learn by the end of second year.

"I'm terribly sorry, Ryuuen-kun." Sakayanagi apologized without meaning it in the slightest. "My teasing went too far. Oh, and Horikita-san." Suzune looked over to find the violet-haired girl staring at her. "Since you seem to be struggling with finding a time, I've decided for you. Meet me in the library at 6."

That's in an hour.

Uh oh.

"... I'll be there." She ignored her classmates' confused gazes on her in favour of observing the current situation at hand.

Sakayanagi nodded and turned away, her faction following her.

Ryuuen looked over to Koenji, only to find him humming a tune while strolling away from them.

"Are you sure you want to let him go?" Ibuki asked.

"If he was who I was looking for, he wouldn't be going anywhere." Ryuuen answered.

"I don't know, he seemed pretty suspicious to me." Ibuki looked up to him. "He's hard to get a read on and it's entirely possible that everything he said was a lie."

"His thought process and mine don't match up. Does he seem like the type who'd be scheming with Horikita?"

"It is hard to imagine." Ibuki looked back to the retreating student. "But then, why did you go after him in the first place?"

Ryuuen didn't give a reply. Instead, he swivelled his head over his shoulder. "Hey, Suzune."

"Yeah?"

"What do you and your little friends thing of Koenji?"

"What the hell are you even talkin' about?" Sudo snarled. "This is all nuts!"

"I didn't ask for the fool's opinion."

"What did you say- " Sudo was cut off by Suzune putting her arm in front of him.

"He's a narcissist who can back up his talking. Now, please lay off my classmates who want nothing to do with your shenanigans." Suzune deadpanned.

"I'm afraid that's something I can't follow." Ryuuen grinned. "I was able to narrow down my candidates today for who it is pulling your strings."

"Good for you. Run along and finish your daily beatings then."

"And who are you to command me, Suzune?"

She just shrugged before turning away. "Let's go people."

---

She walked up the stairs of the library, mentally preparing herself for the worst.

"Ah, you must be the famous Horikita everyone's talking about!" Hashimoto grinned and extended a hand when she reached the second floor. "The name's Hashimoto."

"You already know mine." She placed her hand in his for a handshake. 

Instead, he brought it up to his lips and kissed it. Seeing her eyes widen, he winked.

"That was the shittiest flirting I've ever witnessed."

(̶I̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶3̶3̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶c̶e̶.̶)̶

She raised her eyebrows when seeing him splutter in shock.

Suzune shook his hand off continued making her way to where the tables were, Hashimoto followed close behind her.

"You made it right on time, Horikita-san." Suzune glanced over to find Sakayanagi sitting innocently at a table, a chess board already set up. "Let's begin, shall we?"

She didn't say anything and sat down opposite her. Looks like she's playing as black today.

"Have you played chess before, Horikita-san?"

"... I know the rules."

Sakayanagi's smile got slightly wider. "Prepare to be crushed then."

"... okay."

She didn't know how else to respond.

---

Suzune played bishop to c3 two spaces away from her rook on a3, trapping Sakayangi's first bishop.

What she didn't see was the other girls second bishop come flying at 100mph from g1 all the way down to b7.

Suzune moved her rook to f1, putting Sakayanagi's queen in danger.

Sakayangi then promptly moved her queen down to d2, causing checkmate, making her the winner.

"You're as good as they say." Suzune said, moving her pieces back into starting position. Her three-loss streak proved that.

"That's pleasing to hear." The other female said while already making a move on their fourth game, sliding her white pawn forwards.

Suzune was about to move her pawn too when her phone dinged.

It was her daily reminder to keep writing study sheets for the group of clowns.

She sighed. "Sorry, Sakayanagi: I've got shit to do."

Sakayanagi smiled. "That's too bad. I'll arrange another time for us at a later date."

Suzune pushed her chair in. "Cool... see you later, I guess."

"Have a good night, Horikita-san." Sakayanagi waved.

She hesitantly waved back before going down the stairs.

(She's so glad she set a timed automated text to herself to give her an escape.)

---

Sakayanagi stared at Horikita's retreating figure as she walked down the stairs and disappeared into the rows of shelves.

"Soooo..." Hashimoto began. "Is she really good enough to join us?"

She didn't reply and looked back to the chess board.

A noise of surprise left her throat. She felt her eyes briefly widen in realization.

Hashimoto tilted his head when seeing her face. "Is something wrong, Princess?"

Sakayanagi couldn't help but chuckle. But this chuckle was a little more... maniacal compared to her normal ones.

'How peculiar.'

"Princess?"

Sakayanagi sighed and tapped her hand on her cane. "Horikita-san here lost to me on purpose."

Hashimoto's eyes bulged. "Huh? But why?"

'If I were to guess, Horikita is hiding her true colours from the world. She lost so that I would make a false analysis on her. This would cause me to underestimate her when we potentially face off in the future, giving her the upper hand over me.'

"A defense mechanism, hm?"

"Princess?" Hashimoto asked, still confused (and maybe slightly concerned.)

"Go make arrangements with Kamuro-san for a meeting tomorrow during lunch." Sakayanagi ordered. She looked back to the chess board once more. "She'll do."

'Horikita Suzune. What an interesting plaything.'

---

"He never showed his hand." Ryuuen rested his elbows on his knees as he laid back into the bench. "My first little fox hunt turned up empty."

"How gracious of you to admit defeat." Ibuki rebutted. "You can't be giving up now."

"No. I will crush him." Ryuuen closed his eyes. "He didn't show his hand today, but my attempts to corner him will work. The hunt continues. After Paper Shuffle, I assigned watchdogs to class D students I deemed worthy of observation. Their purpose: to pile up unease and tension throughout all of class D. Over the course of two weeks, I'm sure he's been feeling this. The kind of person who would remain hiding behind Suzune..."

"Why are you doing this?" Ibuki asked.

"I'm enjoying myself." Ryuuen opened his eyes. "The truth is my heart is racing. An exaltation akin to love at first sight."

He then stood up from the bench and began walking along the pathway. Albert, Ishizaki, and Ibuki followed.

"Just tell me what you're doing already." Ibuki demanded.

"Worried?" Ryuuen teased.

"I just like to know what I'm going along with."

"You'll find out soon enough. I've called the bait here." Ryuuen slipped his hand into his blazer pocket. "At the same time, I've sent an email to the mastermind."

"You think he'll buy it?" Ibuki posed.

"In the worst-case scenario, neither shows up." Ryuuen's gaze darkened. "But that would be enjoyable in its own way."

Ibuki blinked. "So, concretely, what's your angle?"

"I'll crush the bait, or I'll crush the bait and the mastermind."

Ibuki crossed her arms. "You can't do that much with all these security cameras around."

Ryuuen grinned. "No worries there."

'I hung up curtains and had Manabe and the others write a fake construction note for me. Anyone would buy it.'

He continued walking. He went up and up the stairs before reaching his location.

"It's freakin' cold..." Ibuki muttered, nearly shivering. Once she, Ishizaki and Albert entered the rooftop, Ryuuen closed the door behind them.

"Now, there's no one to see."

"Won't you get punished for this?" She asked while rubbing her arms.

Ryuuen turned smug. "It's just a prank. Any punishment won't be severe." He looked to his most loyal bodyguard. "Albert. Take your place. If the bait shows up, let it through. If anyone unexpected shows up, call me via cell phone."

"I hope you're right and the bait shows up." Ibuki stated.

"Oh, she will. The card I hold is a life-or-death for her." He turned to lean against the wall. "And now, we wait."

---

"You're alone?" Ryuuen asked.

Karuizawa crossed her arms. "That's what it said in your email, right? I came alone, like you asked." She rubbed her forearms, legs slightly shaking from the cold. "What the heck was that email about, anyway?"

"Do you really need further explanation?"

Karuizawa stood firm. "I don't know what Manabe and the others told you, but I have no idea what they're talking about!"

Ryuuen rose an eyebrow. "Then why didn't you ignore it?"

"Well... I didn't want you spreading unfounded rumours."

"Is that all?"

The popular girl narrowed her eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Ryuuen looked over to Ibuki who obeyed his order and walked over to Karuizawa. "Just give up already. Everyone here knows that before you reinvented yourself for high school, you were a constant victim of bullying."

"What are you- " She was cut off by Ishizaki suddenly grabbed her wrists. "Wh-what now? Cut it out! Stop it! I said stop! Let me go! What are you doing? Ow!"

She tumbled to the floor. She forced herself up on her knees, her hands now tied behind her back with sharp rope prickling at her skin. "Just what do you want?" She scowled. "What do you get out of threatening me?"

"I'm just killing time." Ryuuen sneered.

"If you do anything to me, I'm telling the school!"

"Go ahead, then. But I don't think you can." Karuizawa's shoulders tensed when hearing his words. "You came here alone after all."

Karuizawa looked away from his smirking face.

"Karuizawa." Ryuuen began. "Tell me who's pulling the strings for you and Suzune. Do that, and I won't reveal your past to anyone else."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Karuizawa answered.

"The mastermind saved you from being bullied by Manabe and the others."

"I've never been bullied. And I don't know anything about some mastermind."

"I have proof. From Manabe's own mouth." Ryuuen smirked. "She said the mastermind threatened her to protect you."

Karuizawa forced herself to meet the dictator's eyes. "I don't know what you mean."

"That means you know the mastermind's identity." Ryuuen stated. "Who is it?" Karuizawa said nothing. "All I want is the mastermind's identity. I have no real interest in your past. Make this easy on yourself."

"I-I'm telling you; I don't know what you're talking about!" She yelled back.

"Is the mastermind that important to you?" Ryuuen asked.

The blonde girl rose her head in determination. "You can ask all you want, but the answer is the same. I don't know anything! Untie me already! It's seriously cold in here!"

"Then I'll expose your past." Karuizawa flinched. "All the relationships you've built at this school... are you brave enough to abandon them?"

Karuizawa was silent for a moment. "It's not like..." She looked back up at Ryuuen. "It's not like I'm stupid, okay?! You think there's someone pulling my strings. You're coming after me because you can't find them yourself. If I'm you're only chance, you won't just throw that away."

"... I see." Ryuuen calmly stated. "You think I can't expose your past?"

"Am I wrong?" Ryuuen said nothing. Karuizawa's eyes narrowed. "You get it? Don't you think letting me go is the best choice?"

"Absolutely not." He answered. "I'm getting that info from you, here and now." His eyes narrowed down. "Don't underestimate me. Ishizaki."

"Sir." The man answered. He walked over and turned on the tap.

"What are you doing?" Karuizawa asked, fearful for what might happen next. "Hey, wait a minute! You hear me? Untie me- "

She was cut off by the feeling of ice-cold water being dumped on her head. Her breathing became unbalanced. Ibuki and Ryuuen only stared at her shaking form.

Ishizaki tossed the empty plastic water bottle on the floor.

Karuizawa fell side first into the rock-hard floor. "S-stop... it..."

Ryuuen stepped towards her limp body.

'At first glance, this school appears governed by rules. But it's not. Not really. Forceful methods are permitted, to a degree. Surveillance cameras. Bribing upperclassmen. Behind-the-scenes trades with other classes. The hints to realizing that are all around us in our daily lives. Anyone with brains will be testing out the boundaries through trial and error. This is part of that.'

"Ishizaki, next stage." He ordered after seeing Karuizawa not budge.

Ishizaki nodded. He pulled Karuizawa back onto her knees and placed a dark cloth over her head. He filled up another water bottle and poured it on her head.

Karuizawa whimpered and shook in her place.

Ryuuen yanked the cloth off her head to look her in the eye. "The nature of trauma is that experiences trigger it faster than words." He grabbed a fist of her heard, making her yelp. "I'll break you down, slowly and thoroughly."

--- 

"Hey, Suzune!" Haruka yelled while running towards her with an umbrella. The sky was pouring down rain. "Wanna go somewhere with us?" She gestured towards the newly dubbed Horikita group (Suzune's still salty about the name.)

"Yeah, sure."

"L-like karaoke, maybe?" Airi suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Akito easily agreed.

"We made it safely through our second term, after all!" Haruka cheered.

"I can't see the harm." Yukimura pushed up his glasses.

"I'm fine with it." Ayanokoji stated.

"Alright! What do you say, Suzune?" Haruka asked.

"I'm cool with it. But you're definitely singing first."

---

'I- I'm breaking this easily?' Karuizawa thought, the stinging of cold water slashing at her skin, tearing and scratching. The hot tears running down her cheeks didn't make her feel any warmer.

'I really am pathetic.'

'Sorry, Suzune. Kiyotaka.... I wasn't good enough...'

---

Suzune's phone dinged. She opened it up and read the email she received.

"Sorry guys. Hirata's just texted me asking to have a meeting about the study groups. We can hang out on the weekend, though. Food will be on me."

Haruka smiled. "Awww, that's too bad. Oh well, you go do your leadership things! I'll send you a video of Yukimu singing his heart out!"

"I will not be doing anything of the sort!-"

"Nice." She replied.

Suzune waved goodbye and turned the corner.

She ditched her umbrella before sprinting across the wet concrete. She had to slide across the slippery road, so she didn't' skid and fall over. Her phone was tightly clutched in her hand, showing her where Kei's device's location was.

And Kei always had her phone on her.

'God... I really am going soft, huh?'

'Hold on Kei.'

---

Ayanokoji's phone dinged. He opened it up and pressed on the notification.

It was a text from Horikita.

Suzune:
Use the same excuse I did to leave the session.
Chabashira's in the classroom and Mr. President is waiting for you near the building.

---

Suzune slowed her pace as she reached the stairs of the building.

A stern looking Albert waited in front of the entrance. He noticed her approaching.

He lifted his phone to make a call.

"I'm not the one you're searching for." She spoke in fluent English. He paused. "Call Ryuuen saying that Suzune has showed up."

He internally debated his decision before he nodded and dialled the number.

---

Ryuuen's phone began to ring.

He pulled it out and when seeing that it was Albert calling him, he pressed receive incoming call.

"Who showed up?"

"Suzune."

His eyes widened briefly.

'Suzune, what's she doing here?'

He then looked over to the shivering Karuizawa, who was still having ice-cold water being poured over her head.

'Ah, I see.'

"Let her in."

Albert hung up.

The doors swung open.

---

Suzune paused in her tracks when seeing a shivering Kei on the ground.

She looked over to Ryuuen who chuckled.

"Suzune, what a surprise." He mocked. "I didn't expect you to show up."

"You should of."

"What's she doing here?" Ibuki snarled. "Wasn't the mastermind pulling her strings?"

Ryuuen didn't say anything and looked at her. "You made the wrong choice showing up here, Suzune." She saw Ishizaki hesitantly raise his fists for a fight. "Be ready to get crushed."

"Okay."

"Ishizaki."

Said man nodded and got into a ready position. "No hard feelings, Horikita."

"Okay."

He lunged at her.

She swiftly stepped out the way, making him stumble over his own feet.

He lunged at her again, and she dodged in the same way.

He lunged at her a third time, aiming his fist at her stomach.

She caught it in her palm. She pulled him towards her before side-stepping out the way, making her side-on to his body.

She tightened her other palm straight and chopped at his nerve.

His shoulders immediately slumped.

He fell to the floor with a thud.

When Suzune looked back over to her observers, Ibuki was openly gaping at her, and Kei's eyes were wide.

Ryuuen laughed. "Seems like I underestimated you, Suzune."

She blinked. "Guess I'm not the strait-laced little girl you thought I was."

Ibuki was shaking with rage and confusion. "But how... you lost to me in less than a minute! There's no way you were faking that!"

"I said it before, didn't I? It's good to know that my poker face was in good shape." Her eyes narrowed. "After all, you didn't notice a thing."

Ibuki was about to launch at her when Ryuuen held out his arm in front of her.

"Say, Suzune... what exactly did you do on the island exam?" He asked with a smirk.

"I thought you had me all figured out?" She spoke.

"Answer me."

Suzune looked at her nails in boredom. "I used spot occupation."

"But occupying only one spot wouldn't get you that many points." Ibuki remarked.

"Exactly. I didn't occupy one spot."

Ryuuen's smirk somehow got wider. "Just how many did you take possession of?"

Suzune thought about it for a moment. "... 13, give or take."

Ibuki's eyes looked like they were about to pop out their sockets. "You- that's not possible!"

"Wanna bet?"

"But- then... how did you do it without me noticing? You didn't leave the camp almost the entire time except for helping out your class!"

"There's 24 hours in a day, Ibuki. Keep up."

Her remark got Tomboy-chan to be taken aback. The girl grit her teeth and clenched her fists tight.

Ryuuen cackled again. "Sacrificing your health for your own class? How adorable."

Suzune innocently smiled with closed eyes, as if she didn't just knock a boy her age into the ground without breaking a sweat. "I try."

Ryuuen was about to say more when the door opened again. Seeing who it was, he smirked.

Ibuki nearly tripped over her own feet. "What's he doing here?"

Suzune saw Kei's eyes shine with a little more brightness than before. She turned around to see the mastermind himself waiting in the doorway.

She held her hands on her hips. "Took you long enough. Did Mr. President invite you to have a tea party or something?"

"No." Ayanokoji answered. "Sorry it took me so long, Karuizawa."

Word count: 4798

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 748 15
| | BOUND | | [Suzune x Kiyotaka] ~ Snippet of Chapter 1 ~ "Ayanokoji." She suddenly said my name with such determination that it almost scared me...
215K 6.2K 49
*ALL CHARACTERS BESIDES YOU AND ANY OC'S BELONG TO YŪSEI MATSUI!* L/n Y/n was a learning assassin in class 3-E along with her classmates. In her seco...
5.5K 242 9
In short, A random guy whose real name is unknown, died, got isekai'd, and took control over the body of Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Is this story shit? Am...
14.6K 557 4
Yep, this is a reaction to my own fic "Ayanokoji X Himeno". And why not? In any case, it's unlikely to be interesting or anything like that. I'm only...