Moving On

By milkycloudjay

In which Severus Snape has lost both his parents, and things take a turn in his life, he creates unlikely all... More

Stepping in
A Conversaton With Albus
Shopping With Severus
Back To School
Trouble
Lonely Wolf
Imbeciles
First Occurrence
Attempt
Mission Begins
Goals
Investigating
Explanation
Middle Of The Night
Oh No
Fault
Let Go
Fighting Back
Rest
Testing The Waters
Avoidance
Three's A Charm?
Reunion
Crush?

Adoration

2K 85 21
By milkycloudjay

"Hey Moony, you free this weekend?" James asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Let's go on a date."

Remus froze.

"A date?"

"Uh-huh. You, Pads and I should hang out. We haven't done that in a while."

Remus felt his neck heat up, how silly of him. James meant that they should hang out as they used to. He did not mean anything by his choice of words. Remus had been trying to avoid any talk about romance with James and Sirius. The boys also never brought it up. Maybe they forgot about it.

He nodded.

^_^^_^^_^

After a week spent studying and working on long essays it sure did feel nice to breath in some fresh air after sleeping in.

Sirius held his hand and pulled him forward.

"Honeydukes first? My treat."

"Yes, some chocolate would be nice."

"I'd like some liquorice please." James chimed in.

Cringing, Sirius replied, "I never understand why you like that thing!"

"Oh shut up! It's going in my mouth isn't it?"

"Yeah but my tongue will be in that mouth soon."

"Padfoot!" He yelled, hitting him on his arm. Remus watched as the now couple wrestled eachother on the ground.

He laughed. Yes, these were his idiot best friends.

^_^^_^^_^

"Will you be free to assist me with the Transfiguration assignment this week?" said the brunette. She was tall and thin and had green eyes. A beautiful girl. She was a girl that Remus could hardly remember, they never interacted much in the past but he did recall that she was indeed in his Transfiguration class.

"No he won't. He promised to help me with my Potions assignment, isn't that right Moony?" Sirius answered on his behalf. He was looking at Remus with a gaze that basically ordered him to agree. So he did.

"Oh, that's okay. Whenever you're free plea--"

"He'll never be free so bug off!"

"Sirius!" He admonished, "I'm so sorry about him. I don't know what's gotten into him. I'll let you know when I'm free."

The girl nodded and muttered her thanks before leaving. James came back with three cups of Butter Beer at that moment. 

"What was that?" Remus asked.

While setting the cups on the table James said, "What was what?"

"Can't you see what she's trying to do? She's been trying to get your attention for a while now."

"You mean the Ravenclaw girl?" James said, sliding into the seat next to Sirius.

"Yeah. She just tried to secure a date with Moony."

James' face screwed up, then he advised him, "Don't go. That girl has made it her personal mission to either date or sleep with one of us. She wants it for the bragging rights, head her talking 'bout it with her friends."

"And what if I'm interested?" Remus asked, purely on reflex. He grabbed his cup off the table. He could not possibly agree.

James visibly deflated at that query, "Then, then--"

"Do it. That's up to you," Sirius interrupted him, also grabbing his cup and taking a swig.

They had their drinks in awkward silence after that.

"I need to go to the bathroom," said Remus. He stood up and left the table. His eyes became hot and soon, a tear rolled down his cheek. He just ruined a good day. They could not possibly want him now, they probably even forgot that they asked him to consider dating them. That's certain.

^_^^_^^_^

Silence took over as they walked further deep into Hogsmead. The density of people decreased as they went on.

He slipped, but before he could hit the ground he was pulled forward and bumped into a warm chest. A faint smell of cologne rose up his nostrils.

He looked up in time for Sirius to start speaking, "Be care-- were you crying?"

He pulled out of his embrace and shook his head, his head downcast. Sirius gripped his chin and lifted his head. He saw Sirius' focused gaze and James' concerned expression.

"You were," he whispered, "whenever you cry your eyes remain watery for a long time, your nose, cheeks and the area around your eyes become a weird pink."

Remus' eyes started to sting. He bit his lip. Sirius' gaze softened.

"Is it because of me?"

Remus shook his head, closing his eyes. He felt his cheeks enclosed by warm hands.

"It is. Open your eyes sweetheart," his voice was so gentle that Remus could not help but do as he said.

"I should've been more understanding. And as much as it hurts my heart you're allowed to like anyone, male or female. I just like you so much that I want to hide you from anyone that would want you, I want you looking at us only."

His chin quivered, "Really?"

Another pair of arms circled around his waist, James nestled his chin on his shoulder.

"I don't know if you've noticed it yet, but it's been difficult for us to keep our hands to ourselves around you," said James.

Sirius wiped the tear that rolled down his cheek, "All we can think about when we see you is how much we want to cuddle you, spoil you, kiss you. All we want is to show you how much we adore you."

Desperate to feel, to see, to touch for himself, he replied, "Show me."

He did. He kissed Remus so gently, so softly, so sweetly. With every passing second Remus could feel his adoration being poured into the kiss. When the kiss ended he released an embarrassing whine.

His whining was soon halted as James took his turn with his lips. Passionately moving his lips against his. Their lips were a lot better than Remus could ever imagine, and he's had thoughts about them a lot more than he would be willing to admit.

They breathed heavily as they separated from the kiss.

Sirius held his hand,"Now that you're our boyfriend you're never free to help anyone with anything okay?"

James snorted, doing the same with Remus' other hand. Remus laughed.

^_^^_^^_^

Remus stared at the breathtaking ring that lay in the blue box. It was a gold band, just like theirs but it hand detailing that constantly changed in colour, more like a flowing stream. A gem the shape of a flower was in the middle. It was also changing colour, a gradient of colours from the middle to the outer petals.

Looking up at his friends he asked, "How exactly are we going to give this to Severus."

"Maybe when we confess. I mean, Valentine's Day is soon right? How about then," said Sirius.

James joined them on the bed, wrapping his arms around Remus' waist from behind, "Now that we're finally together we can implement Operation Seduce Severus with full force."

Laughing, Sirius inched closer to them and accused Remus, "Y'know Moony it's all your fault. If we got together sooner then Prongs and I wouldn't have to worry about somebody stealing you from us too!"

Remus' cheeks became warmer,"Sorry about that."

"It's fine. We're together now, aren't we?" James said. He kissed Remus' cheek. This caused another wave of heat to attack his cheeks.

"What do you suggest we do?" He asked, twirling the box in his hand.

"I think our first course of action is to find out if he's open to dating a male," said Sirius.

Lacing his fingers with Remus' he planted feathery kisses on each of the other boys fingers.

He nodded, "That's a solid plan."

^_^^_^^_^

"My Juliet! Did you miss me?" Sirius said, sitting in front of Severus.

"We just shared a lesson this morning."

"You didn't answer the question dear Severus. McGonagall always goes on about how we should answer the question we're asked," James interjected.

Severus turned to Remus, silently asking him for help. The boy shook his head. Sighing, Severus decided to ignore Sirius. Busying himself with the essay about underwater flowers and their use in healing potions instead. This did nothing to deter Sirius.

"Hey Sev. How would you react if someone asked you out on a date?"

Severus continued writing, "If it's someone I like or could see myself liking then I'd agree."

"What's your ideal date?"

"For a first date? I'd prefer something simple. Maybe a picnic of sorts, something that isn't to demanding."

"What if the person's a guy?"

"Why are you asking me these questions? You wanna go out with me?"

"Just answer the question Sev," James said.

He took a moment to think about it. Does it even matter to him if the other party was of the same sex? Isn't love just love?

"I wouldn't mind. I mean, if he's cute and has the values that I'm looking for what more could I ask for?"

Sirius grinned,"One more question! If a couple want to court you would you reject them?"

Severus placed his hand on his chin,"Wouldn't that be more love for me? I'd give it a go."

James snorted,"More love for you indeed."

^_^^_^^_^

"Padfoot we'll be late for class." That sounded like James.

He then heard a quiet thud. Severus walked towards the classroom the sounds originated from. The door was slightly open. He peered in through the crack and as he was about to make his presence known to the pair Sirius kissed James.

Severus froze. He took three steps back when James groaned.

"You should have rejected that girl decisively," Sirius murmured. His voice was low and deep. Severus watched as he littered James' neck with kisses.

"I'm sorry. I won't do it again. I've learnt my lesson," James gasped, "Pads! Don't leave a mark!" He started to push Sirius away.

A clang sound rang in his ears as he took three more steps back. He could no longer see the boys in the room. But the whispering stopped, his thoughts were racing and he hastily waved his hand and cast a silencing spell on his feet, running to the Prefect's Bathroom.

He closed the door and leaned his head against it. Sighing, he asked himself what he had just witnessed. Were James and Sirius in a relationship? Did Remus know? How long have they been dating? Why didn't they tell him? And most importantly, why did his chest ache the more he thought about it?

Author's Note: Crushes are tough don't you think? When was the last time you had a crush? Anyway! The story has almost come to an end. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Remember to stay safe, vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 211 21
•This had been the worst year at hogwarts for Severus at least he's abusive father had not only been more extreme ever seems he got into Hogwarts Sch...
8K 326 13
Regulus snorted, crossing his arms at the brunette with wired rimed glasses in front of him. "I bet you take all the girls you want to fuck backstage...
184K 4.1K 21
"Bloody hell," whispers James. "I don't think I've ever seen that before." All I can do is stare blankly at him. "she was just so nice about it..." ...
104K 4.2K 18
James doesnt know how to grab the attention of the girl he likes. So what does his friends suggest? Sucking up to the gay best friend. Or James tries...