Reunion

Severus snorted as he opened the door to the last compartment on the Hogwarts Express and came across three members of the Marauders.

Sirius was sprawled on Remus' lap asleep and James was preoccupied with trying to doodle on the boys face. Remus looked up from his book as he heard the noise that Severus made.

James also looked up at him, he immediately halted what he was doing and rushed to pull Severus into a bone-crushing hug. Severus fervently tapped the boys hand.

"Can't breathe!" He gasped.

James quickly let go.

"Sorry about that, I got overwhelmed for a moment."

Severus smiled.

"I can't believe the great James Potter missed me that much."

James blushed, but he said nothing to deny Severus' claim.

Instead, he said, "Did you miss us?"

"Did I sometimes think about you, yes. Would I call that missing you? No." That was a lie. He missed them a lot more that he would like.

James grinned at that, alerting Severus that he caught his bluff. He pulled Severus to join him at the seat opposite to Remus and Sirius. Severus waved his hand and his luggage hauled itself up and joined the others.

Severus then looked at Remus and found him reading The Tails Under The Moon. Severus chuckled making Remus look up.

"What a lovely book you're reading." He said.

Remus blushed, scratching his nape.

"Yes, a friend of mine mentioned it."

"I wonder who that friend is, they have lovely taste I tell you."

"Indeed they do."

They both smiled and held eye contact for a minute or two until they were interrupted by a cough. Severus looked to the source of the cough and it was Sirius.

"As much as I'm delighted to see you my Juliet, I have to inform you that Prongs is staring at you like you're the best thing on Earth right now. You may want to address that."

Severus turned and indeed James was staring at him with an awe-struck expression.

"I am. Now, what's the matter?"

"Can you teach me wandless magic?"

Severus shrugged his shoulder.

"On one condition. It is not to be used for your pranks."

James paused, then he nodded like a scolded child.

Sirius then stood up and made his way to Severus, he knelt down and took Severus' hand in his.

"Oh how I missed you my love. Everyday without you felt like torture, it felt so dreadful and arduous being without you for so long!" He said as he swooned dramatically.

Severus replied, "Darling I'd like to take you seriously but with the mess on your face its quite difficult to do so."

Severus conjured up a mirror and showed it to the boy.

Sirius' face screwed up at that, "Prongs! What in the name of Merlin did you do? What type of mate are you? Ruining my handsome face in front of my love!"

James laughed and Sirius jumped and started wrestling the boy and tickling him.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

Severus waved his hand and Sirius' face was clean again. Looking in the mirror he said, "Thanks my sweetheart. What could I possibly do without you."

The door to the compartment opened and there stood Lovegood and Prewett.