Trouble

Severus made it to the potions classroom in one piece. Avoiding Potter and co. was a lot harder than he thought it was. It was not that he had a problem with facing them head on, it was just that it had hardly been the first week of school and he promised Mcgonagall that he would behave. He also had a more pressing goal to deal with, being to study hard and do well in his academics, and that would not be possible if he gave his attention to retaliating against the idiotic Marauders.

As if they did not traumatise him enough. The previous night had been a nightmare for him. James Potter greeted him and wanted to introduce him to his friends! James Potter did not recognise him, he thought Severus was a transfer student! How could that be possible? The same person that could spot him a mile away could not even tell that it's him when looking straight into his eyes. Severus did not know what to make of it.

He sighed. He had one of his favourite subject with the Gryffindors this year, to top off his misery.

Students started filing into the classroom in mass groups, most Gryffindors staring at him in curiosity. While the Slytherins treated him like they always did, most brushing him off, others nodding in acknowledgement. He skillfully ignored all of them.

"Come on Evans! Just this once sit next to me!" The voice of James Potter was heard, before he was seen.

Lily Evans angrily stomped to the seat beside Severus' side without looking at her seatmate. 

Severus froze, simultaneously, the bell rang and Potter along with his posse rushed into class, Slughorn not far behind.

"Hi, I'm Lily Evans." She said, thrusting her hand out to introduce herself after Slughorn walked into his office adjacent to the potions lab. 

Most of the class hushed at her introduction. Seemingly curious. 

"You've got to be kidding me! Are you telling me that you can't tell that he's your dear Sevy?" A Slytherin hollered from the back, Severus recognized the boy as one of those from his House that thought he was a French transfer. The irony.

Lily froze. Severus ignored them all, he pretended not to notice the shocked stares of the Gryffindors and strutted up to the ingredient cupboard with purpose, he efficiently grabbed the needed ingredients and made his way back to the table. 

^_^^_^^_^

The class was terrible! For Salazars sake could Severus just have a peaceful day for once? Was that too much to ask, the mess all began when Lily decided that she would much rather sit with Potter than him. Which he would not mind if only he did not end up paired with Lupin, he also did not sign up to have Black pay more attention to him than his abomination of a potion. Merlin! Could Black even call that slimy mess a potion?

Black, Severus could excuse, he was probably plotting the best way to kill Severus considering that its him, but Potter? He had Lily blabbering on right beside him and he did not even flinch, eyes locked on Severus instead. Did Potter knock his head over or something? The girl of Potters dreams was right next to him and he outright ignored her!

Don't get him started on Lupin, that idiot werewolf kept on staring at him in a daze, he would smile like a silly girl with a crazy obsession whenever Severus gave him instructions because, "I'm here to learn, not let you do all the work," as Lupin so eloquently put it.

The whole ordeal infuriated him! He spent the rest of his classes miserable, what were these boys plotting!

While he made his way to his dorm room after dinner, he turned at a hallway and lo and behold, the devils he would rather die than meet once again were fooling around like the bumbling idiots that they are.