Save Our Infinity | A Renga S...

By 4KxEmma

This story continues where Sk8 the Infinity's first season left off. Just as Langa is about to confess his fe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 - Updated
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 16

185 7 6
By 4KxEmma

Langa's POV

"Hey, I know you're probably busy but I...we need your help."

The next thing I knew, Reki was curled up in the fetal position. He was groaning and grunting in pain, clutching his stomach.

"Reki! What's wrong?" I asked, kneeling in front of him, trying to keep him calm. I took his hand and stroked it. "Tell me what's wrong. Tell me so I can help."

"Langa, something is wrong. My chest...it hurts really bad," he groaned. "Please help me."

"Okay, okay," I said as I quickly thought of what to do. "You're going to be okay, Reki. We need to get you to the hospital."

Reki's eyes shot open wide and he started panting heavily. "No...I...I don't want to go to the hospital...It'll be fine...I'll be fi--"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry Reki, but you need to go. You can barely breath and you're as pale as a ghost, and," I paused to feel his head, "you're freezing. Reki, you're shaking," I said as I wrapped my arms around his trying to do my best to keep him warm. "How much did you drink?"

Reki refused to make eye contact with me, as he shivered against my chest. "I lost count," Reki said between irregular shallow breaths. "Langa, I don't want to go," he whimpered. "Please."

"You have to go."

Reki shook his head frantically. "I'll be fine."

"No you won't. You need to go to the hospital," I pleaded, as he continued to shake his head. I cupped his frigid cheeks in my hands and directed his attention to me. "Reki, listen to me, okay? You're going to be okay, but I need you to calm down and breath." I rested my forehead against his. "Just focus on breathing."

Though his breathing remained irregular, there was some improvement. I gently kissed his forehead and pulled him into a warm embrace once more. "Joe is on his way," I cooed. "We're going to take care of you. You're going to be okay."

Reki's eyes began to droop as he melted into my hold. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Joe letting me know he was outside. "Come on, Reki. Joe's outside."

There was no response. "Reki?" I lightly tapped his cheeks, trying to get his attention, but still nothing. I began to panic. "Reki?!" His breathing was worsening and I couldn't wake him. "Fuck!"

I grabbed his wrist and checked his pulse. His heartbeat was uneven and slow, and his eyes were rolled back. I had to get him to the hospital, and quick.

I lifted Reki bridal-style and making sure to keep a blanket draped around his shivering body. I then made my way as quickly as possible to the front door and opened it to see Joe parked out in front. I took off in the direction of the car.

"Reki?!" Joe called out. "What the hell happened? Is he okay?"

"I...I think he had too much to drink. He's not waking up and his breathing is all fucked up," I said while attempting to calm down as I put Reki in the back seat.

"Okay, calm down," Joe said as he rubbed my shoulders. "You're going to need to keep him warm and take care of him until we get there, okay?"

"Okay."

"Reki, can you hear me?" Joe called out. Reki was limp in my arms, as his breathing continued to worsen. I could hear his heart pounding in his chest. "Come on, kid. Wake up."

Reki stirred slightly but still wouldn't open his eyes. I quickly buckled him. "Come on, Joe. Let's go!"

Joe started the car and hit the gas, while I kept trying to rouse Reki from his unconscious state.

"Reki, you have to wake up," I whispered, while cupping his face in my hands. "Please, wake up."

— — — —

We rushed into the emergency room with Reki in my arms. I watched as Joe ran over to the front desk, speaking a mile a minute. He returned with a nurse who immediately took Reki from me. I didn't want to let him go, but I was too exhausted to put up a fight. I just wanted to see that he was going to be alright.

The nurse handed him off to another nurse who brought him into one of the rooms and closed the door. I took a deep breath and sat down on the waiting room couch. My heart was beating out of my chest and I was beyond exhausted.

"He's going to be fine," Joe said as he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

I nodded. "I hope you're right."

"I am."

I laid my head down on the couch and closed my eyes. Joe sat next to me and placed a blanket over my shoulders. I had no idea how long it would be until someone would come out and let me know how Reki was doing.

I couldn't stop thinking about what if. What if he never woke up? What if he didn't make it? I had so many questions in my head.

"Langa, listen, he's going to be okay," Joe said while rubbing my back. "He's too stubborn to die. But I know it must be scary seeing him like that."

"I'm scared for him," I whispered.

"I know, but you're going to be okay. I promise."

Joe handed me some water and I drank it. My stomach felt uneasy, but I knew I couldn't do anything about that. I just needed to stay as calm as I could.

We waited about five hours until we heard the door to the examination room open. At some point, Cherry and Miya made it over to the the hospital, too. Suddenly, the nurse who was there earlier came out and smiled. "I've got good news," she said with a smile. "You brought him in just in time. He did have alcohol poisoning, but we were able to quickly flush his system with dialysis. We did have to intubate because he was having difficulty breathing, but he is is doing much better know and we were able to remove the tube. He's awake and he's going to be okay."

"Oh my god," I gasped, tears of joy welling up in my eyes.

Joe slapped my back. "I told you. That boy's way too stubborn to die."

I rushed off to his room and made my way through the door. "Reki! Reki!"

Reki was sitting upright in the bed, but was clearly drowsy. The moment he saw me, however, he smiled and I felt like my heart was about to explode. I rushed over to him and pulled him into a tight embrace. "Reki, oh god...I thought you were going to die," I cried.

Reki rubbed my back and whispered, "It's okay, Langa. I'm okay."

"I can't believe you drank that much."

"I didn't have much of a choice."

"You can't go back," I pleaded. "You can't let him do that to you anymore."

"I know. I know," Reki said while gently rubbing my back.

I looked over to see Cherry and Miya watching us from the other side of the room. I put my finger up and asked them to give us a minute, and they left the room.

"What did the doctor say?" I asked as I grabbed his hand.

"The doctor said that I was lucky to be alive. If you guys hadn't gotten me here when you did, I probably wouldn't have made it," he said while resting his head on my shoulder.

"Why would you do that? I can't...I can't lose you," I cried. "You mean too much to me."

Reki wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. "I'm sorry, Langa," he whispered. "Listen...they called him. He's coming to get me."

"What?" I cried. "We can't let him take you out of here. Not after this."

"It's fine. It'll be fine," he said with a yawn. "I'm not going to stay. Can you come get me tonight after he falls asleep? I don't want to be there when he wakes up in the morning. I just need to pack a few things and leave a note for my mom."

"Reki--"

"Langa, please. I don't want to do this anymore."

I wanted to argue with him. I wanted to make him understand that we weren't safe until he dealt with this, but I didn't want to upset him. I guess I'd rather him run from the problem than not do anything at all. "Okay, Reki. I'll come get you."

"Thank you," he whispered.

I rubbed the back of my neck and sighed. "What are you going to say to your mom?"

"I don't know yet. I'll think of something when I get home. You should probably leave, though. He'll get suspicious if you're still here."

I nodded. I leaned down and gave him a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 2.2K 135
(Y/n) (L/n) grew up in Australia with an Australian father and Japanese mother. Following the death of her older brother, they move to Japan, where s...
3.9K 74 14
The story is basically what I'd like to happen in season 2 of sk8 the infinity. I know most of these things won't happen or at least in this way but...
138K 4.1K 14
𝐜𝐨π₯π₯𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐒𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐬 ; π¬π€πŸ– 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐒𝐧𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐒𝐭𝐲 ╭───────────────── β•°β”€β”€βž€ I DO NOT OWN SK8 THE INFINITY ! #1 skate [] 18/04/202...
14K 682 13
Langa has known since he first met Reki that he wanted to always be by his side, no matter what that meant. Unfortunately, with deep attachment comes...