I STILL BELIEVE | ELEMENTAL

By Eyes_are_watching

That night I watched him sleeping Our bodies deep in steam And then he started speaking A murmur that sounds... More

01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
When a Sparkle Flame

04

1K 29 13
By Eyes_are_watching

Okay. Finally something interesting happens here. The drama just got better. 

It's been a month since Thorn started working at The Fireplace. And things were better than they used to be. Instead of having four to seven customers they had even more. And sometimes if they were ever lucky then they would have ten. But it was never more than ten.

Funny, at the Red Dot Sale there were at least 20 people.

But now that Ember was looking at those coal nuts... she was thinking of Wade. She remembered the day that her Father banned him from the shop. He made that... tea.. she decided to try it.

Step one: Place water in the cup.

It had been a challenge to get water, considering there wasn't any in Firetown. But Ember managed to get some anyway.

Step two: Place the hot coals in the cup.

Step three: Mix the about-to-be tea.

Alright. Time to taste it. Ember took a sip and then...

And then her eyes lit up with pleasure.

This had to be the tastiest thing she ever drank. She sipped some more and then smacked her lips satisfied.

"Hey Jade, try this."

She gave the cup to her daughter who sipped and her own eyes lit up as she liked it too.

"This is delicious Mommy." She said,

"I know!" Ember beamed.

"Can I have it?" Jade asked.

Ember nodded.

~~~

Gosh Darn was Thorn good. If they had another Red Dot Sale then he would most probably work his magic. He was better than her!

But right now.. as she stared at the moonlight. Gosh darn it she was thinking about Wade again! But she missed him terribly. She remembers when she was 22. And she knew she missed her chance to tell Wade she was pregnant when he had left. Apparently it was to travel the world.

She would've loved to have come with him.

Maybe the moon was this lonely at some point.

When a sparkle flame grows up

They set out and try to find someone

Deep down there is a doubt that grows over time

What are they doing? It's wrong. Her Ashfa wouldn't like it. 

"Wade. Please..." She murmured. 

He tenderly placed his lips against hers. Moving further down. He shouldn't though. 

This is wrong. So so wrong. 

 But they know all by themselves

The job is all up to them

Even if you hold back

It will happen

She had been sobbing for the past hour. Watching as the sign flickered and flickered. What horrible mistakes did she create? 

Why did he have to be so damn good? Why did he have to make her so happy? 

High above the heating hearth

A fire roars and roars it roars

All of a sudden

Something appears

It's not like us

But it's what they've waited for 

... 

High above the scorching flames

There is a light that burns as bright as mine

They burn alongside me and suddenly

We burn in perfect harmony 

This was.. a strange unfamiliar sensation she felt. She doesn't want it to go. 

"Wade! You have to go. Now!" 

Her mom thought wrong. There was.. there was no way. 

"Why don't you just tell your dad? Maybe he'll understand?" He asked. 

She couldn't. She can't. 

...

"I'm sorry baby, you deserve better." Ember whispered. 

She hasn't cried in a long time. And she feels so weak. This child was starting to take a toll on her. She barely kicks. She can't feel anything. 

I know it calls to me

From a land that's now apart of me

Let the heat of the hearth engulf us both in a storm 

She can't get rid of her own stain. 

"Don't worry Dad. I most probably won't see him again." 

You're coming back I know it well

That sparkle flame disappears into my heart

I never thought I'd love but here I am

You're not like us

But you're what I've waited for  

...

But I know all by myself

The job is all up to me

Even if I'm filled with doubt 

It'll be our secret no one will know 

He's gone. And she didn't have time to tell him the truth. 

A distant storm is coming near  is there a way to stop it now? 

Just like this aching heart

You appeared out of nowhere

You're not like us

But you're what I've waited for 

~~~

Ember knew what she had to do. But she didn't want to do it since she didn't know if she had the strength to do it.

But she had to go look for Wade's Mother.

Ember knew that she would be in for a very interesting conversation. And something that was very awkward. And should she bring Jade with her?

~~~

Nah.. it's too late to tell Wade. Besides, he would be on a plane to visit the world by the time he knew.

"It's not your fault baby." She sobbed.

"It's not your fault."

It's all hers.

~~~

In all her life, Brook Ripple never thought she would be met with this face.

She had not seen this face for a long time. And this time a new face joined alongside it. A face made of obsidian.

"Umm.. can I come in?" She asked.

Brook realized she had been standing for too long and then opened the door wide to let her in.

Ember hadn't seen this place in a long time. She hadn't seen it since that dinner. And when Wade told her he loved her. The first tears she ever shed.

She sat down as Wade's Mother did with her. Jade was so curious as she stared at Brook and also looked around the water luxury apartment.

"What is it?" Brook asked.

Ember took a deep breath and then met her eyes.

"There's something.. someone who Wade doesn't know about." Ember admitted.

Brook nodded.

Ember took a deep breath. Making sure that Jade was far enough, distracted by who she recognized as Wade's nephews, Marco and Polo.

"This.. this happened..." She was mumbling and she knew it.

"Aha." Brook nodded.

"One time, after Wade introduced me to you. We went back to my place."

"I.. I bore Wade a..." She shook in her boots.

"A what?" Brook asked, she was at the edge of her seat!

"I gave Wade a child!" Ember declared. And then she slapped a hand over her mouth.

Brook turned to look at Jade. Did she believe her?

"Is this true?" She asked.

Ember nodded slowly. The truth slipped behind her fingers.

"How?" Brook asked, and also shouting at the same time.

"We went back to my place and..." She could guess the rest.

"I have a Granddaughter?" Brook was shocked!

The world just got weirder.

Yikes. Ember told Brook the truth. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 900 29
Fire and Water. Two opposite elements. They can never get along. The Fire and Water Nations have been enemies for a century. So when a teenage Water...
809 74 30
The world around us can be diverse in so many ways, but sometimes the most diverse way is a way we may never have known possible. And that is a secre...
4.6K 978 42
After a terrible accident, Everly swore to never use her magic again. Buried and rejected for six years, her magic finally breaks free despite her be...
55.7K 1.3K 41
I'm just different, There's no need to shock you. I'm not your play toy, I can freeze you to death. I'm not your son, I co...