Once A Liar

Autorstwa kaitlincarroll6

The 8th book in the 'Truth Behind The Lies' series. Aero keeps a big secret while dealing with relationship h... Więcej

CHARACTER TRAITS/ UPDATED CAST LIST
Chapter One: Roomies
Chapter Two: How awkward is awkward?
Chapter Three: Jesus Christ I just fucked my roommate
Chapter Four: Gossip
Chapter Five: Battle of the Exes
Chapter Six: Funny man, he thinks he is
Chapter Eight: Naming the Serial Killer
Chapter Nine: Generation Sleepless: Sleepers Edition
Chapter 10: Bitch Locked Me Out
Chapter 11: Fit it/Fix me
Chapter 12: Get Him Back
Chapter 13: Friends of yours?
Chapter 14: Boy in Red
Chapter 15: Hey...can we talk?
Chapter 16: Have you heard from ___?
Chapter 17: Aero, GO
Chapter 18: Owe Me
Chapter 19: Crazy Father, Eh?
Chapter 20: What's the Plan?
Chapter 21: I'm the Problem
Chapter 22: Fuck Canada
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

Chapter Seven: Poke the Bear

7 0 0
Autorstwa kaitlincarroll6

PARKER'S POV

I didn't realize she would be bringing Thomas to our dinner. I mean at least I gave her a heads up about Holden going, the least she could have done was give me a warning.

Not only was I unprepared for this dinner socially, but I was the awkwardest one there. Holden, Aero, and Thomas were able to have a decent conversation together while I sat awkwardly and quietly. It made me want to puke.

"That's really cool, I didn't know people could actually surf waves that big," Aero laughed while responding to Holdens story.

"Nah it's so gnarly, we'll all have to go together sometime!" Holden said shoving his mouth with spaghetti.

"I've never been surfing, but it's  on the bucket list for sure," Thomas said.

Aero laughed a little more and looked at me as she said, "I can NOT imagine Parker surfing...or doing any sports for that matter."

They all laughed as I rolled my eyes.

"Hey I do sports," I defended immediately. "I played a little basketball when I was younger!"

"Ohhhh a basketball man?" Holden smirked at me.

"If you say so," Aero laughed.

"It's alright," Holden began sweetly. "We'll get you out on the water one way or another."

He brushed my cheek with his hand and winked at me. I showed a somewhat fake smile in return and then continued to eat. Holden wore a striped shirt with a long collar flapped down making me wonder if he was cold at all in this fall weather. Aero and Thomas both wore light sweaters, you know, articles of clothing that made more sense for the temperature outside.

"So what about you two, how did you guys meet? Parker has barely told me anything!" Holden asked looking across the table at them.

I had in fact told him shockingly little about my life. It's not exactly a happy story and Holden did most of the talking anyway.

Aero and Thomas exchanged an uncomfortable glance before saying anything. I bet they wondered how much information was too much.

"We met here at the college," Aero explained lightly. "A nice little frat party, you know, the typical meeting place of students."

Holden put his hand on his chest as he laughed.

I wondered how much longer this meal would last.

"It's so nice that you guys found each other though," Holden began on a more serious note. "Being alone in school can be scary. I'm glad Parker and I found each other when we did."

He placed his hand on my knee and smiled happily at me.

"Cheers to that then," Thomas said raising his cup.

I was the last to lift mine up but we clanked them together and each took a sip.

It annoyed me even more that Thomas and Holden were getting along. I could tell when they first got here that there was some sort of tension between Thomas and Aero but they still played the part of the perfect dinner guests.

"It hasn't been easy getting this guy to open up!" Holden exclaimed while pointing at me. "But whenever he's ready, I'll be ready to listen. It's always exciting to get to know someone new."

I continued to eat as they talked about me like I wasn't there.

"Sometimes it takes some people longer to open up than others," Aero said sounding a little sarcastic.

Thomas chuckled and instantly said, "Don't we know it."

I cleared my throat and took a sip of my water.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom before we leave," Thomas said pushing his chair back.

"Good thinking, me too," Holden said also standing up.

He looked down at me like he was waiting for me to come.

"I'm all set," I said shaking my head.

They left Aero and I at the table together.

"So you two seem to be going pretty steadily..." Aero commented.

"Mhm," I nodded.

She tucked a piece of loose hair behind her ear and suggested, "Maybe you should  think about opening up to him, so you have someone to talk to? He looks like a good guy and seems to care about you."

"No offense Aero but I don't need any relationship advice from you," I snapped at her sounding a little too mean.

She widened her eyes and scoffed.

"Sorry to poke the bear," she began sassily. "I'd just hate to see you fuck up another good relationship."

Touche Aero, Touche.

"Speaking of," she began again but in a calmer tone. "Cole is going to come up and visit me...next week..."

I wasn't expecting her to bring him up so suddenly. I obviously couldn't control my facial expression.

"Oh," I sighed not knowing how to respond that.

"I just wanted to let you know...so you weren't surprised,'' she explained. "But I can give you ahead up of where to avoid if you don't want–"

"No no, don't be ridiculous," I responded ever so fake-toned. "That's-thats great. Thats exciting. I'm happy for you. Really happy."

"Parker–don't freak out over this."

"I'm not freaking out!'' I laughed. "Seriously. Exciting stuff."

"Boo!" Holden yelled placing his hands on my shoulder.

I looked up at him and then pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

He pulled away blushing after a few seconds.

"Damn...maybe I should leave and come back more often," he joked all happy.

"Ready to go?" I asked abruptly standing up and grabbing my jacket.

Aero stood up  next to Thomas.

I grabbed Holdens hand and boldly said, "Thanks for dinner sis, now Holden and I are going to go have totally awesome sex and prove our relationship."

Thomas' cheeks immediately turned red as he was caught off guard by my statement.

"Parker–" Aero began but I had already started leading Holden away.

"Are we actually going to go have 'totally awesome sex'?" Holden asked excitedly.

"Might as well," I shrugged making him smile even more.

BEN'S POV

"I still look like an idiot!" I complained while holding Logans hand mirror up in front of my face. It had been a week and a half since Louis had decked me in the face.

My reflection showed the dark bruising underneath my eyes, similar to how it had looked for the past few days the only difference being that my nose wasn't swollen anymore. It still hurt like a son of a bitch though.

"It's fine," Logan scoffed nonchalantly. "Barely noticeable now."

"Barely noticeable?" Blake laughed from the corner of the room startling me. "Right, sure. Mate, it looks like someone kicked a football at your face."

I rolled my eyes and groaned. I didn't even remember Blake coming into the living room.

"Thanks, that is really helpful,'' Logan scolded him. "At least Sarah-Jessica isn't around to see you."

I shot her an unimpressed look and said, "Also not helping!"

I tossed the mirror to the other side of the couch and continued to sulk. My plan to get Sarah-J back was running severely behind schedule. Somehow after every plan I ended up alone with some part of my body broken.

"Blake, what time is your gig Friday?" Logan asked as she continued to type away on her laptop.

Blake sat at the table with a book in his hands. He didn't even lower it when he responded, "8:30."

"Gig?" I asked curiously.

"Generation Sleepless...the band he plays for," Logan explained.

I forgot about the different guitars and other instruments he owned. They were spread out around his room which I had only been in once to borrow a tide stick.

"Oh yeah..." I nodded.

"Ben, I told you about this!" Logan rolled her eyes at me.

"Sorry– I probably have memory loss from getting constantly bashed in the head!" I defended myself.

It was a joke but it did leave me thinking about the time that I actually had lost my memory. Throwback.

A chill ran down my spine as I pushed those memories back down deep into my mind. I continued to flip through random channels on the television to distract myself.

"It's their first gig back since the new semester," Logan explained excitedly. "I'm excited for you to see them, they're really good."

"Settle down there," Blake began in a joking manner. "He'll think you're sponsoring us."

Logan chuckled and said, "It's true. I'm hoping for some new good songs since you ran into Thomas the other day."

The name got my attention to their conversation in full focus.

Blake flicked his eyes up from his book at her. He looked unimpressed–more than usual.

"Rough subject," she whispered to me while pretending to coward away from his glare.

"You'll be thoroughly disappointed then. No new songs about him," Blake told her sternly.

He's written songs about Thomas? As in Aeros boyfriend Thomas? As in Logan's ex-boyfriend Thomas?

"Consider me disappointed. It's not often you get to hear songs about your actual exes," Logan sighed.

I could easily pick up on the vibe in the room.

"Wait–" I began boldly. "You both have dated Thomas?"

Blake let his book flop forward onto the table and Logan lowered her laptop from her face.

Logan smiled with a guilty expression, almost evil-like.

"Why do you think we get along so well?" She smirked at Blake who rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Can we move on now?" Blake groaned irritated. "Not everything has to be about him."

My mind couldn't move on as easily as theirs.

Thomas?

Didn't see that coming.

I wondered if Aero knew. She probably did, given that they've been together for awhile now.

AERO'S POV

"Miss Carlton?" Professor Bailey said before I walked out of the classroom door.

I walked over and joined him on the right side of the room as the others filtered out.

"How's your project going?" he asked curiously rubbing his beard with his hand.

"Well, I haven't had a lot of time to focus on it recently..." I began nervously. "But I plan to do some research and work on it a ton this week."

He nodded his head slowly like he was really thinking about what I said. I gripped the strap of my bag tightly with my fingers as we spoke. I didn't want him to be disappointed by me or my work.

He cleared his throat briefly and said, "Great. I'd love to see a journal or article entry by the end of this week if possible."

"Yes, of course," I agreed immediately.

"This is a big case of news so I want us to get as much out of it as possible. Who knows, maybe you'd see some of your work published if found resourceful enough."

My face lit up with hopefulness from his words. The idea that I could have stuff published, so early into my career was mind-blowing. It was something I wanted desperately.

When I got back to my room I began brainstorming ideas for my first potential article. I grabbed my hard file from the middle drawer of my desk and got to work.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

159K 6K 12
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
327K 19K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
33.5K 1.9K 42
Y/N is reincarnated in HI3rd as her/his favorite character, Houraiji Kyuushou. She finds herself in Nagazora, and starts to explore it, trying to fin...
61.3K 3.4K 74
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...