WE ARE ALIVE NOW

By Hazazel7

A life without love or purpose is a world without a name. One year after saving the world yet again, Naruto U... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
FINAL CHAPTER: WE ARE ALIVE NOW.

CHAPTER FOUR

4 0 0
By Hazazel7

[ Thud, Thud, Thud ]

" You may enter ".

A young woman in Hidden mist gear opens the door, and hurries into the office of the Mizukage, with a smile on her face, trudging the blue rug towards the desk.

" Lady Mizukage, " greeted the young woman as she bowed her head to the Mizukage. " What is it, you're awfully energetic " said the Mizukage with amusement in her tone.

" We just received word from Konoha, Naruto sama is on his way " announced the kunoichi.

" Oh... "

Mei Terumi lifts her eyes up from a scroll, which she held in her hands, whilst in a laid back position on her high stretched purple fabric seat. Mei leans forward and place the scroll down, unto her desk.

The auburn haired kage, gave the energetic kunoichi a small smile.

" That's good to know, you may leave " she said, the kunoichi bowed her head again before rushing back out, but before she could exit Chojuro made his way inside.

The kunoichi bowed to Chojuro as well before leaving, Chojuro approached Mei Terumi with Hiramekarei (his chained blades) behind him.

" Do you think the boy has changed? " asked the Mizukage leaning back into her chair. " Naruto sama and his friends did save the earth last year, that means he's still a hero, right? " replied Chojuro a bit puzzled by the question.

" Sure he his, but while he was busy doing all that. We Kages were busy discussing his fate, whether to blow him and his friends with the moon or have faith that he will pull a miracle card, " said Mei with her hands overlapped upon her thigh.

" I heard he disregarded it. Do you perhaps think Naruto Sama might be holding grudges against the four Kages? ", Mei chuckles " I fear I might be developing your doubts the older I get, at this rate you might have to take my place as Mizukage " she said light-heartedly.

" Are you bothered by him coming here? ", " Not really, I've just been haunted by the thought. Nevertheless, Uzumaki Naruto's presence here is beneficial for this village. Our people decided to take a step towards change, even though it was not easy by doing that for him, so yes my guilt can rest in the dawning of a new day ".

" Even if he changes, I believe Naruto sama will still remain a hero " Chojuro said with a smile.

Chojuro bows his head, then turns around to leave, " wait ", Chojuro ceases in his steps.

" Don't forget the paperwork ", Chojuro sighs, then turns back around.

He walked over to the left side of the desk, bends down and picks up a stack of paperwork's. Chojuro groans as he lifts them, Mei waves goodbye to him with a smirk. Chojuro hangs his head down in deject and exits the office.

Mei Terumi rose up, walks over to the door, she closes the door, then heaves a sigh before walking over to the window behind her desk. She folds her arms beneath her bust, and stare through the window at the vast mist that was beyond the Mizukage residence.

And in that misty distance, was a colossal figure, shrouded in thick mists of the day.

" First of it's kind... You sure are a beacon, Uzumaki Naruto ". . .

" Had you listened to me three days ago, you would already be eating some beef right now. Instead you were headstrong about sleeping in, and now there isn't a single person who's opened up their meat shop " said Kurama irritatedly.

Naruto with his hood over his head, had been looking around for a meat shop that's open for half an hour, and has failed to find any, and as the minutes go by the hungrier he became. He was so hungry that he hung his upper body down, swinging his arms left and right as he walked slowly to keep himself from losing more stamina.

' You're right, I messed up big time. I could have sent a shadow clone too, but those idiots are just as lazy as I am, ' " Tch, just go to Ichiraku. It's best to eat your favorite food, than to starve to death. Because we might actually die, if you don't eat before leaving for Kirigakure ".

" Ramen... " Naruto trailed off drooling over the thought, with his mind set on what he'll have. Naruto straightens up.

" Alright, to Ichiraku ramen. Kurama! " Naruto yelled lifting a punch.

Naruto turns away from the empty market place, with snow covering every rooftop. And runs in the direction of Ichiraku, he tried running at top speed, but his acute movement brought him to his destination faster than he had imagined.

Naruto stood right in front of Ichiraku blinking, he looked around puzzled, with his hood thrown back.

' Kurama, I think I might be as fast as I was with six paths chakra ' Naruto said, " now you see what I said about more pressure, you were complaining. But now you're reaping the benefits of it, so what do you say in this kind of situation? " asked Kurama grinning deep within.

Naruto rolls his eyes, before closing them: in an instant Naruto was standing before the massive figure of the fox.

" Thank you. Kurama Sensei, " Naruto said.

Naruto bows his head down to the great nine tailed fox of the hidden leaf village, at this Kurama nods.

" Yes yes, good bo-y, you brat, let go! ", said Kurama whilst a clone was tugging at one of his big tails, with large chakra arms.

Naruto stands with his arms folded, before the fox grinning.

" What was that about being a good boy? " Naruto said, " you sly fox ".

Naruto laughs. " Wow, how ironic it is being called a sly fox by a fox, "

Kurama swings the tail that was being tugged, upwards throwing Naruto's clone into the air. The clone pops, but instead of turning into smoke, it reverts into chakra which flew towards Naruto and reenters his body.

" You brat, I should make you pay for- ",

Naruto had already bowed his upper body towards Kurama, causing the fox to be stunned.

" Thank you. Kurama Sensei " He said with genuine deference.

Naruto reopens his eyes, and makes his way into Ichiraku. Upon entering, Naruto was welcomed by the face of Ayame, the owner's daughter.

" Ayame Chan, you're in charge this morning? " Naruto asked, pulling a stool back and sitting down.

" Well, my dad caught a cold last night. From wearing something too light, when I had explicitly told him not too. Now he's at home, resting " Ayame explained, and after heaves an exasperated sigh.

" I hope he gets well soon, " " yeah me too. Anyhow, the usual? " Ayame asks

" Ten bowls please, one after another! " Naruto exclaims with a big smile.

Ayame chuckles, then turns away to go cook up his breakfast...

A little while later, Sakura and Ino find themselves perusing the streets of Konoha, the street which would usually be full of people was now almost deserted due to the cold that had become colder since the morning began. Forcing people to stay in.

" I can't believe only three shops are open in the business district today, it's like the world is ending or something " Ino said with her bare hands in the pocket of her purple puffy jacket.

" Well it is really cold out here. Ino, can't we just go back to my place before we freeze to death, plus am hungry " said Sakura with a pout.

" Hey don't pout, I want to eat out. It gets boring if we just stay in all day long- ", Ino paused her lips and looks on in deep thought, then after a few seconds she tilt her head towards Sakura with a grin.

" How about Ichiraku, they should be open, even if everyone else is scarce, " " seriously, you want to eat ramen this early. What are you Naruto in a skirt? " Sakura said not understanding why she would desire to go to Ichiraku of all places, especially at that hour.

" Why are you suddenly so dense, don't you think Naruto would go to Ichiraku to eat this early. Plus, I'm certain he's worked up an appetite " Ino said smiling.

Sakura looked at her friend in surprise, and utter disbelief.

" Ew, you have a boyfriend Ino, what would Sai think, no. What would Hinata think " she said, " you have an hyperactive imagination. Which is quite the development, anyway it's not like am going to cheat on Sai with Naruto. I know I was stunned by the way he looked without his shirt on, but he's still not my type, Naruto is... You know, Naruto " Ino said.

Sakura frowns.

" What's wrong with him, he's just a little dense and sometimes immature, but he's still a pretty nice guy. You know that, everyone in this village knows that " said Sakura in Naruto's defense.

" And that is the reason he's not my type, I don't date the nice and thoughtless ones. Naruto is an amazing Shinobi, but he's not really known for having deep thoughts in regards of how to treat people. " Ino concluded a few feet from Ichiraku, she also stopped walking as did Hinata Hyuga whom was beyond them a few feet from Ichiraku as well.

" Hinata? " Sakura uttered...

Naruto whom was already down to his ninth bowl, heard Sakura's voice utter Hinata. It caused him to drop the chopsticks in his hand, which had picked up noodles, back into the ramen bowl.

" Hinata, did you come here looking for Naruto? ", Naruto heard Ino say.

" Umm, yes. I went and looked for him in his place, but he wasn't in, so I thought I should come and check here " Hinata replied.

" Well you are in luck, your boyfriend is in there. Although I wonder, if he can't hear us or is just trying to ignore us ".

" Hey brat, I think you might have offended the Yamanaka girl " said Kurama. ' How, what could I have possibly done to have upset her. To be trying to set me up this badly ' Naruto replied.

" Because you're too dumb, to realize the things you do sometimes ".

Naruto felt Kurama shaking his head, making him feel lost. Naruto found himself to be more concerned about what he could have done, rather than the fact that Hinata was here. Which was why, his heart jumped when the three girls entered Ichiraku and he could no longer be hidden.

" Naruto, this is your chance to make that assessment before you leave for the hidden mist village ".

Hinata came and sat on a stool to Naruto's right, while Sakura and Ino sat at Naruto's left, Hinata and Sakura being the closest. Which Naruto finds to be perfect.

Naruto turns towards Sakura, his back to Hinata with a apologetic smile on his face. Then he pulls both of Sakura's hands out of the pocket of her jacket, he takes her hands with his warm ones then began staring hard at them.

Sakura at Naruto's touch felt her heart jump to her throat, while Ino looked on in curiosity and Hinata in surprise of why her boyfriend was holding the hands of another girl in front of her.

" N- Naruto what are you doing " Sakura utters, and she immediately felt like slapping herself, not for stuttering, but for feeling so shy.

" I can't tell you, it's a secret. And the truth is going to blow your mind " Naruto said with a small smile and a calm expression.

' This really is perfect, ' He thought.

" You're perfect " Naruto says, much to the surprise of all the girls present.

' I'm not mistaken, Naruto just called me perfect ', Sakura felt her heart squeeze.

A blush appears on her cheeks. Naruto overlaps Sakura's hands, and place them down, then he touches her head and ruffles her pink hair with a smile.

" You're going to be one heck of a happy woman, Sakura chan ".

Naruto withdrew his stool, and gets up. " I'm already done here. Ayame Chan, take care of my friends, their ramen is on me! " Naruto yelled knowing Ayame was too busy in the kitchen.

The girls still looked in surprise.

" Naruto Kun, I don't think you have to say that " said Hinata, " why not. I think it would be wrong of me to let them pay for ramen, when I always eat free ramen " Naruto defended.

" Naruto you should go ", ' yeah, I'm already yapping '. Naruto replied.

" Hinata, I have something to tell you. Let's go to my place " Naruto said stretching his hand out with a small smile.

Hinata looks at his hand for a few seconds, before taking his hand. Hinata rose and he led her out of Ichiraku, once they were back out in the cold, he lifts her up into his arms bridal style.

" I'm in a bit of a hurry, hold on " He said.

Hinata wraps her arms around his neck, Naruto looks ahead and takes off, vanishing from the spot he once stood. Once Naruto was gone, Sakura looked to Ino with eyes filled with tears, Ino got up and hurried over to her.

" What's wrong? " Ino asks, though having an idea. " I think i might have made a mistake, " said Sakura.

Ino knew exactly the kind of mistake she was referring too, Ino went ahead and took Sakura by the shoulder and helped her up.

" Let's eat at your place, and have a serious conversation " Ino said guiding Sakura out of Ichiraku.

After they had left, Ayame came back out and was surprised that they were gone, at the situation she sighed, sad to not have a single customer around.

However, a minute later seven customers arrived, surprising her and putting a smile on her face. . .

Naruto arrived in front of the door of his apartment, with Hinata in his arms, once he'd stopped he puts her down and proceeds to unlock the door. Naruto pushes the door in, and holds it for Hinata. Hinata walked in without a word and Naruto followed, closing the door behind him.

" You've gotten stronger, and faster too. But this days I find myself wondering, where are you running too or what are you running from " said Hinata sternly.

Naruto wasn't too surprised by what she said, but the context by which she had said it.

" Why were you holding her hands and saying all those things to her? " she asked turning her stern gaze towards him.

" Huh? That, I was just checking something. Shouldn't I have held her hands " Naruto said, " no you shouldn't have, knowing I was there. Because I don't know what reasons, you could possibly have for doing so. Can you even tell me? "

' Kurama, what do you think. Should I tell her? ' He asked, " if you want to avoid a misunderstanding, you should " said Kurama.

" Sasuke is going to propose to Sakura when he returns ", Naruto expected Hinata to be surprised and realize everything he did made sense, however.

" What does that have to do with you holding her hands, and speaking to her so fondly, making her get mixed signals ", " mixed signals. What are you talking about? " Naruto asked puzzled.

" You're making Sakura think you still like her. "

Naruto felt like a paper bomb had just gone off on his head.

" Hinata chan, that's not it at all, " " actually that's it. You're incredibly dense sometimes, you know that? ".

" It's just a misunderstanding, that wasn't what I was trying to do, " " then you only love me? " she asks.

" Of course, I only l- ", Naruto felt the word get stuck in his throat, his eyes frantically searched Hinata's having the feeling that this wasn't going to end well for him.

Hinata watched Naruto's frozen expression, as her eyes fills up with tears, she takes a step back covering her mouth with her hands.

" A year, it was all a lie. You never loved me ", " no I do l- ".

' Ah! Why can't I say this damn word ' Naruto thought.

" I didn't want to believe it, but this past months the distance between us had become too wide, I could no longer reach you "

Naruto in that instant could tell where this was going, and he didn't want it, not like this,

" I got a mission to leave for the Hidden mist today, with Sai and Kiba, that was what I wanted to tell you. I know I'm having difficulty telling you what you want to hear, but wait for me, when I return I promise you everything will be different. I will be back to my old self " He said.

Hinata shook her head, " I don't want old you back, when we are both changing... I will wait for you, I still want to walk beside you. Because I still love you ".

Hinata stepped forward, and hugged him, she wraps her arms around him and place her head on his chest.

" Come back quickly Naruto Kun. "...

The door clicks close, and Naruto stood with his back to the door, he stood against the door for twenty seconds before he drops down to the floor. There he sat reflecting on what he just experienced.

" Kurama, something is deeply wrong with me. Here I stand as she poured her heart out to me, and I felt nothing but this striking guilt " Naruto said hopelessly looking ahead.

" Perhaps she's right? "

" That can't be, I remember what I felt a year ago. I would have died to protect her, I would have given anything to see her smile ", " you would? Or you will. Do you still wish to do all those things for her " Kurama asked. . .

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and drop a comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 849 17
Naruto Uzumaki is known to be the most helpful and supportive guy at Konoha High. He has high standards of looking up to people and always see the go...
233K 5.7K 18
Life? What's the purpose of living when you have nothing to live for? Naruto Uzumaki had finally given up on the idea of living. He had no one, not...
55K 1.3K 19
The Fourth Shinobi War ended a year ago. Now the Ninja world is at peace. Naruto Uzumaki is the hero of the war, he is acknowledged by everyone. He i...
3.2K 255 13
Wisdom comes with age, and some times it arrives following a really bad decision. Life lessons can be so very painful. One selfish act leads Naruto U...