A New Age of Warfare

By TOWEC_Official

"War... War never changes. But men do, through the roads they walk" - Fallout New Vegas Warfare has evolved... More

May God take care of you in Heaven...
-Trailer-
A New Age of Warfare: Anime Opening... i think
Character Info (Rework)
Prologue - A New Player has Joined (Chapter Rewrite)
Chapter 1 - Dropping in... Literally {Chapter Rewrite}
Chapter 2 - New Developments... like my di- {Chapter Rewrite}
Chapter 3 - The Upcoming War... i like this title {Chapter Rewrite}
Chapter 4 - Welcome to Fort Krass... i've lost a chromosome :D
Chapter 5 - Defensive Planning... next chapter is big day
Grizalan Kingdom Armed Forces Ranks and News
Chapter 6 - Going on the Defensive... like my thesis research
Chapter 7 - Say what now?!... about my car's extended warranty?!
Chapter 8 - We are Going on the Offensive... nothing to see here.
Chapter 9 - Operation: Retake Lost Ground... sadly no epic fighting D:
Chapter 10 - Western Front... its that time bois >:D
Chapter 11 - The Auroran Army Upgrade... sadly no maus tanks D:
Chapter 12 - The Report... nope, i'm lazy to add something epic here
Chapter 13 - Outskirts of Town Krill... hehehe balls go splat
Chapter 14 - Liberation of Town Krill... and make it our own base :D
Chapter 15 - The Annihilation of Two Armies (Part 1)...
Chapter 16 - Annihilation of Two Armies (Part 2)...
Chapter 17 - Sweet Time...
Chapter 18 - Attack of Fort Valk (Part 1)...
Chapter 19 - Attack of Fort Valk (Part 2)...
New Divisions and Special Forces Groups Arriving!!!
Imperial Quan Dynasty Army Ranks
Chapter 20 - Attack of Fort Valk (Part 3)
Naming Convention #6 Winners
Chapter 21 - Planning the Invasion...
Chapter 22 - Interesting Find...
Chapter 23 - Added Plans...
Elections Closed and New Stories Added!
Chapter 24 - The Fall of Fort Padwell...
Cover Art and Description for the New Stories!
Chapter 25 - Under the Night Sky...
Naming Convention #7 Winners!
- Christmas Special -
Chapter 26 - Illuminating Threat Above...
Chapter 27 - Battle of Town Illragon (Part 1)...
Chapter 28 - Battle of Town Illragon (Part 2)
Naming Convention #8 Winners!
Interlude - Quan Dynasty Arc (plus news)

Chapter 29 - The Beginning of a Downfall...

797 44 15
By TOWEC_Official

Quick Recap on: A New Age of Warfare

The battle of Town Illragon has almost come to a close. With the capture of the second settlement, the rest of the 2nd Company has sent most of their forces to help the 1st Company to finish off the defenders in the main settlement, while leaving a couple of platoons to guard the captured Quan defenders while dealing with the civilians as well.

The Quan garrison is desperate to hold off the enemy advance, sending wave after wave of Quan defenders to halt the advance, but it's completely useless because the Aurorans possess specific weapons that are designed to handle the problem...

The Quans are getting pushed back...

It's time to put the final nail in the coffin...

==================================

Talking: "Hello how are you? I'm under the water... please help me"

Shouting (All CAPS!): "BRUHHHHHHH!!!"

Whispering: "I'm in danger :D"

Telepathy: 'i have come bearing gifts

Thoughts: "it is what it is"

Background/Action: *Sheeeeeeeeeeesh*

Radio: ≈Thot spotted! Over≈

==================================

Location: 2nd Settlement of Town Illragon

Date: December 17, 904

Time: 4:20 AM

3rd P.O.V.

*Smash!*

"Can someone explain to me why the enemy is still here?!"

Inside the headquarters of the Quan garrison in town Illragon, the former home of the Mayor, four people wearing fancy and military-grade armor with decorative medals adorning their uniforms, indicating that they're important personnel. In front of them is a man who looked rather furious as the man observed various papers strayed about.

"I told you all earlier to send in the reserves to push those invaders out of my town, I expected good results when the reserves joined the fight," the man in a slightly lower tone while as he read the contents of the papers on his table, while his tone is lower than before, it was still loud enough for the rest of the people inside the room to hear what he's saying.

The man's head suddenly jerked up, making the four very decorated officers flinch ever so slightly, "But what you guys gave to me are disastrous! Indicating that even the reserves aren't enough to push them out!" The man raged, holding the papers in his hand as he waved it in front of the officers in front of him. It was clear to them that he was not pleased with the results.

An hour ago, the commander had ordered the rest of the reserves to help out on the defense to push the enemy out of the town, the reason why he had made this move was based on the reports he received during early engagements with the enemy, they outnumbered the enemy by a large margin, he was confident that with just sheer numbers, he could defeat the enemy easily. But of course, he failed to see the capabilities of the enemy.

With that, he received numerous reports of their units being defeated and routed during their encounter with the enemy. Needless to say, he didn't like the results.

"C-Commander, I know it's bad-"

*Slam!*

"Of course I know it's fucking bad! Actually, it's downright preposterous!" The commander furiously cut off his subordinate's sentence. The contents on the table jerked up a bit from the commander's fist harshly hitting the table.

"What happened out there?! Why are we getting pushed back?!" He demanded an answer from his subordinates, who flinched once again at their commander as he was demanding an answer from them, while being as angry as he could get.

Seeing as his three subordinates were not willing to talk, probably from fear, the commander picked one unlucky bastard, "You!" He suddenly pointed towards the one in the middle, making him tense up as all of the commander's rage and fury is being thrown onto him, "Care to explain why we're being pushed back?!"

Fortunately for the three people, the middle one was the only officer who saw action in the frontlines, the other two just retreated back in fear when they heard the situation was worsening, "C-Commander! The enemy possesses ranged weapons, they engage from a distance so that our infantry can't reach them!"

"Ranged weapons? Like bows or spears...? Are you telling me we are losing by a couple of pointy sticks!" He raged, seemingly outraged that their numerical advantage was diminished by either archers or trained skirmishers.

The officer however shook his head, "N-No sir! They don't have any bows or spears to begin with."

"What?" The commander said in disbelief, almost not believing what his subordinates report, "Then how is not possible for our swordsman to close the distance? What kind of range weapon do they possess?" He asked the officer, the rage within him slowly dying down.

The officer scratched his head as if unsure on how to explain, "From what I've gathered, the enemy possesses sticks that spew out small almost invisible projectiles, on some occasions, yellowish projectiles can be seen hitting our infantry, those projectiles proved to be very lethal as they've downed a man in a couple of hits."

The commander looked at him silently, making him uneasy, "I see," the commander faintly muttered. The officers mentally sighed in relief when they saw their commander had calmed down, the three expected to dismiss him to dismiss them and continue their jobs.

"You," the commander pointed to the person in the middle, "Step forward while the rest of you two move a step back."

The one in the middle looked at his comrades, confused as to why such an order would be ordered but followed it nonetheless. Doing as he was told, the officer from the middle moved a step forward while the other two took a step back.

In a sudden and shocking move, the commander whipped out something from his hip and aimed it at the person in the middle, who had no time to react.

*BANG!*

*Splat!* *Splat!*

"Ahhh!"

"There's blood in my eyes!"

The familiar and strong scent of iron hit their noses, when a viscous liquid hit their face as it dripped from their face, they knew that blood was splattered on them, temporarily blocking their field of view. They both are equally shocked and terrified, they're trying to fix their eyesight, raising their hands to wipe the blood away to witness what had transpired.

*Thud!*

A sudden sound came from between them, the two officers looked to the source of where that sound came from, successfully getting rid of the blood in their eyes. Horror was etched on their faces when they looked below to see their fellow officer dead with a small circular-sized hole in the forehead, evidently killing him in one go, brutal but painless.

The two looked back to their commander, who was brandishing a weapon that was similar to the enemy, but vastly different in terms of appearance and function at least.

What the commander held resembled something similar to a pistol, but it was a far larger version compared to the Aurorans'. Sporting a small barrel that's strapped on a wooden body, with the shape of the body being similar to the grip of a pistol, under the barrel is a small steel rod that is separated from the main body, it can be detached and reattached back from the small hole in the wooden body. Finally was the hammer-like mechanism on the pistol's right side with a small platform, attached to the barrel where it's connected.

Both of the officers looked at the smoking pistol in their commander's hand, the commander looked down at the dead officer on the ground and scoffed, "I don't like incompetents in my town," he said coldly as the dead body continuously bled on the floor, "Your skills in the heat of battle are inadequate, hence your punishment for such actions is death."

The commander looked back at the two quivering officers, seeing as their colleague had just been executed without even a sliver of hesitation, "Surprised aren't you?" The commander stated calmly, sporting a sinister smile, showing them his weapon.

"I managed to get one by bribing one of the nobles at the capital who has dozens of these stocked inside his home, needless to say, it was well worth the money to get this," he told them, showcasing his most prized possession.

"Now," he said, pulling out a small cylindrical object made of paper from his pouch on his hips, "If you don't want to end up like him," he told them, ripping the top of the paper with his mouth and pouring the contents inside to the side of the firearm, "I have an order for the both of you," he said while pouring the rest of the contents from the paper cartridge, he then grabbed the rod under the barrel and shoved it inside the barrel, pushing the contents of the paper cartridge further in, "Push those invaders out of my town, I don't care how many of our soldiers and civilians die in the process, I want those invaders exterminated."

Once he was finished reloading a fresh round, he pointed the pistol at the two, now shivering officers. He cocked the hammer back, everything was set, the pistol is ready to fire again, "Do I make myself clear?"

Seeing what the weapons had did to their comrade and them being actively threatened by their superior, the two franticly nodded, fully understanding their commander's orders, "Y-Yes commander!"

"Good, and take that excuse of a-"

Just as he was about to dismiss the two, the door swung open violently, bursting it wide open.

The three people in the room looked at the door to see a soldier huffing, exhaling and inhaling at an uneven and rapid pace, from his hurried run to the room.

"You private! What did I tell you?! Knock before entering!" The commander barked, despising the sudden intrusion into his office without permission.

The soldier jolted when he heard the commander's angry voice, he stood up straight and fixed himself to make him at least presentable in the presence of a commander, "I-I deeply apologize for my sudden intrusion commander but I have grave news from the frontlines!"

This caught the interest of the officers and the commander himself, hearing the soldier beared news about the fighting outside of the city hall, "Then tell us what's happening in the frontlines, I expect good news because I'm already in a bad mood when these three incompetent idiots couldn't push out the damn invaders," the commander said, his anger gradually seeping through ever more as he mentioned the two very alive and the one very dead officer in the room.

Unfortunately for him, the soldier gulped, "I-I'm a-afraid sir there's no good news, reports said that the enemy is pushing back us hard, to the point that they're almost at the town square!"

The commander and the officers were astounded at this, they had expected the enemy to reach the town hall in a couple of hours, considering that they had the advantage of numbers and the familiar layout of the town, they could at least hold out long enough to bleed the enemy dry and force them to retreat.

But the unfamiliar tactics the Aurorans put to use are way more effective, the Aurorans have training in clearing out houses one by one, even if the Aurorans were forced to fight in a rural area, they execute with caution for every single action, being careful of potential ambushes from hidden Quan forces. While swords and arrows don't compare even a slightest bit in an open battlefield, this wasn't one, this is a town and close quarter combat would be surrounding every inch of the place.

The Aurorans had already experienced how lethal swords and arrows could be when they first entered the town in the phase's first attack, a mistake they cannot afford to let happen again.

The officers looked back at their commander, very well expecting him to lash back at the report, but were surprised when they saw their superior looking down at the table, as if he was thinking thoughtfully.

"Sir, you should evacuate while we still have time, the enemy might reach the town hall in a few minutes!" The soldier panicked, fearing for their commander's life.

"NO!" The commander barked as he slammed his fist on the table, sending the contents on the table flying up into the air and make a mess as it dropped back down.

This action surprised the officers and the soldier, "Gather whatever units we have left at our disposal!" The commander shouted, grabbing the pistol from the table, "I'm taking care of this myself!"

---

"This must be the town hall."

"Looks like it."

The Aurorans successfully pushed the Quan defenders deep into the heart of the town, the town square, their final defensive position, and what ultimately be their grave. The Quan defenders literally threw whatever they could find to stop the Auroran advance, but to no avail, even though they had inflicted some losses and injuries to the Aurorans, that doesn't compare to the losses and injuries they've sustained.

The Quans have already lost dozens of regiments of garrison units, most being killed during engagements with the Aurorans, or injured and left. Some got rounded up, either killed or surrendered to the enemy.

As such, they're getting pushed in hard, closer and closer until the Aurorans have reached the outskirts of the town square, where most of the Quan garrison forces are concentrated at.

During their push, a lone platoon was sent to find the town hall in order for them to clear and capture or eliminate high-ranking officers, primarily both, which was easily identified seeing the building was bigger and looked more developed than the buildings they've passed, plus they speculate the town hall may be in the middle of the town, which is true in most cases.

"Are you sure this is the town hall?"

*Smack!*

"Ow!"

"Of course it is you idiot, have you not seen that big ass dome above the building?"

"Geez, didn't mean to offend someone."

"Quit yapping you two, we got a building to clear out."

The lead platoon approached the entrance, grabbed the doorknob and turned it, slightly opening the door, although slowly to not draw the attention of any possible guards on the other side. Before he entered the building though, he looked at his team and addressed them, "Listen well and clearly, our task is rather simple, clear the building and execute any enemy inside the building. What information we've gathered from the captured prisoners, indicates that their commander is being stationed here in this building. Execute everyone but the commander, we bring him in alive."

"But what if the enemy commander retaliates?"

"If he fails to comply and poses a threat, drop him, safety is a priority."

"Aren't you a little bit blunt sir?"

"Nope, that's just how I roll, anyways, we got a building to clear, let's move."

---

"Keep those shields up mages! You're the only one that separates us from death!"

Outside of the town hall, what remains of the garrison soldiers and militia soldiers are being held up at the town square, where they will make their last stand. Wounded soldiers were moved to the back to tend them as best they could while a few of the mages were helping the wounded, the rest of the mages were helping their fellow magic casters withholding the shield as long as possible or casting offensive spells at the enemy.

Men from the Quan side are busy running back and forth carrying the wounded to the back of the formation, where most of their wounded are placed to tend their injuries which were mostly bullet holes.

Right now, the highest-ranking officer who is available at the moment is trying to bolster his soldiers' morale and fixing their formation at the moment, "Archers! Prepare to let loose your arrows at the enemy!"

The archers, who were numerous because their safety was prioritized, hence why they're always placed at the back of the formation, drew their bows with their arrows propped up and aimed up high, "Loose!"

Archer heard their officer shout, the release of the string was followed suit with arrows flying, the arrows whizzed through the air, aiming at the enemy soldiers who were still shooting at them behind some cover. The mere amount of the arrows made it a spectacle to look at, enough to make any normal person shutter and hide.

The Auroran soldiers saw the numerous arrows coming towards them at a rapid rate, so they immediately hid behind any cover, whether it be wooden boxes or buildings, they served their purpose of sheltering them from the incoming danger.

The Quan officer sees the Aurorans taking cover from the arrows, Seeing this he urges his men to move forward in order to close the distance and push them back, "Men! Our enemy is cowering in fear from our arrows! Archers continue to rain down your arrows on the enemy, don't let them use their staffs against us! Footmen! Push them back in the name of the Dynasty!"

Despite facing tremendous losses on their side, the remaining garrison soldiers still held their discipline; they formed numerous ten-wide and three-deep formations. While most of the garrison soldiers are in said formations, the militia just scattered about behind the formation, despite them not having proper training, they were placed at the back for support and to mop up the remaining enemy after.

The entirety of the formation moved in synchronization, maintaining their discipline despite losing droves of men during their first initial engagements. As the formation moved slowly, the archers kept firing their arrows at the enemy in order to keep them pinned down.

The formation moved slowly because the mages who are conjuring the shields are trying to maintain a fine balance of speed and concentration. Which in turn, makes the formation move slowly. Much to the frustration of their officer.

"Why are our forces moving so slow?! We must charge them at once before our archers run out of arrows!"

"But sir! If we move faster, our mages who're conjuring the shields will be left behind!"

"So? Can't you just carry them while they maintain the shield?"

"But they will lose their concentration."

The officer scoffed at this. His subordinate told him the truth when they lift the mage all of a sudden without any warning, they will lose the shield almost immediately, and even if they told them, they'll still lose their shield.

"Just lose the shield then."

"Sir! Are you crazy?! What if they start using their staffs again?"

"Are you blind?" The officer said, pointing to the hiding Aurorans while arrows and fireballs or lighting rained upon them, "The enemy can't use their staffs without risking their lives, so lose the shields and tell them to start conjuring offensive spells while the footmen close in to kill them."

"Yes sir!"

With that order, his subordinate ran away from him and told the mages to let the shield go and start using offensive spells, one by one, the mages released their shield spells. The blue barrier that kept them safe from the Aurorans is now gone, making them exposed to enemy fire.

*Ratatata!*

*Ratata!*

The Aurarons fired their weapons, seeing the impenetrable shield vanishing, they could now damage the enemy formation before they could get close to them, but with the continuous cover fire from the archers and further harassment from the mages with their magic, it was hard to use the weapons properly without exposing themselves. As such, only the weapons are brought out of cover to fire, basically blind firing in the hopes of the stray bullets finding their mark.

"Ahhh! I'm hit! Help!"

"Someone get him up! He's hit!"

"How can they still fire their staves?!"

"Dammit! Run you fools, we can overrun them with numbers. Tell the archers to stop firing but keep the mages launching spells! Don't let a few of their staffs stop our advance! Move!" Hearing their officer's frustrated voice, they broke off formation and started running to the Aurorans.

The Aurorans heard the disorganized march, numerous footsteps of leather rumbling through the ground, they peaked slightly and saw hundreds of swordsmen running towards them, by the time it took for the Aurorans to peek, the disorganized enemy formation had already made it halfway to them.

The Aurorans saw the incoming danger and thankfully for them, the arrows had stopped raining, however, the mages were still a threat and still continue to lobby either fireballs or rows of lightning towards them, they could be dealt with since they weren't that numerous, but the destructive power of the fireballs make it hard to target them without serious injuries or death.

The combined men of the 1st and 2nd Paratrooper Companies positioned themselves from their covers and aimed their weapons at the charging swarm of Quan soldiers.

*Bang!*

*Bang!*

*Ratatatata!*

*Ratata!*

*Bang!*

The return of gunfire from the Aurarons caused dozens of Quan soldiers to drop to the ground dead or wounded severely, killing them mercilessly as they kept running towards them despite facing tremendous losses in the process.

"Shit! There's too many of them!"

"We can't hold against that many men coming towards us! We'll get overrun!"

*BOOM!*

"AHH! HELP!"

One of the Aurorans got hit by a fireball while he was reloading, good news is that the fireball didn't hit him directly and instead hit the ground right next to him, the bad news is that sharp shrapnel from the ground had hit his right arm as it also received severe burns from the close proximity of the fireball.

"Shit! Get that man out of here and tend to his wounds, everyone who has a grenade better throw that shit!"

The wounded soldier was quickly dragged out of the fight. In the process of getting him out of the fight, all the soldiers who still had grenades remaining began chucking them at the enemy.

*Boom!*

*Boom!*

*Boom!*

The grenades hit the floor and before the Quans would even know what it is, it would explode, sending dozens of men flying in multiple directions, killing and mangling poor survivors.

"Ahhh! Help me!"

"What the fuck is that shit!? Why the hell are those sticks exploding all of a sudden?!"

"Fuck that! Retreat!"

Seeing as their comrades were dying left and right from the intense gunfire and from the added explosions from the grenades, it made their advance stop almost immediately, losing all their momentum in the process. One by one, the formation collapsed as they turned around and started running away, with their fellow soldiers following suit after quickly assessing the situation.

With that, they hurriedly ran back towards where they came from, running away in fear from the Aurorans who kept shooting them with their backs turned. Much to the dismay and anger of their commanding officer.

"Hey! Get back in formation and charge the enemy!" He ordered, trying to bring some sense in and fix the hastily disbanded formation, but to no avail. "Don't disobey my orders dammit!" He growled, seeing waves of his men running past him in fear, trying to keep his men disciplined and hold their positions, he could not be heard however, in all of the chaos and disorder.

The Aurorans saw the enemy soldiers quickly drop their weapons and retreat hastily in the process. Seeing their weakness, the commanding officer of the 1st Paratrooper Company ordered the soldiers to push forward.

"The enemy is retreating back! Push them back to the town square, for the general!"

"For the general!"

With that extra bit of motivation from the commanding officer, the Auroran paratroopers marched forward towards the town square, with only the occasional crouch to increase accuracy that slightly hindered the march, the machine gunners however, keep firing albeit them not being that very accurate, it still causes panic among the Quans however, which was preferable to say the least.

The Quans heard the shout and began to see the Aurorans walking towards them as they simultaneously fired their weapons at them in a slow pace.

That was what broke the camel's back, seeing the seemingly overpowered and unstoppable enemy just steamroll through them with such ease as they maintained very few casualties. Thus the Quans ran away in even more panic, seeing as their tactics and efforts were worthless, considering that the enemy was very quick to adapt and counter their usual tactics.

"Get back in formation dammit!" The Quan commander ordered, venting his frustration to his soldiers as he saw them run away in fear, completely breaking their formation, making them easy pickings for the Aurorans.

Feeling outraged from seeing his soldiers run past him, ignoring him as if he was not even there. He grabbed the nearest soldier that he could reach, seeing that he caught someone, he identified a young man in his mid-thirties.

The said person looked his commander in the face with a surprised look but that quickly shifted into fear when he realized who had just grabbed him.

"You!" The commander growled, making the soldier flinch, "Go back in formation and kill the enemy!"

"B-But commander!" The soldier stammered, hearing the harsh and angry tone of his commander, "Our lines are getting decimated! We are losing too many men to even get close to the-"

Then all of a sudden the commander pushed the soldier to the ground, which caused irritable pain to the soldier from the sudden impact coming from behind him.

"Ah!" The soldier grunted in pain. With his back on the cobblestone, he looked up to see the commander looking down with his sword in his hand.

"I don't like cowards in the army!" He shouted, gripping his sword tightly, "You've brought shame to the Dynasty, especially in the army branch!" He exclaimed at the downed soldier, who slowly backed away when he saw the commander's sword rise up.

The commander suddenly put his boot on the soldier's chest, hurting the downed soldier and trapping him in the process, "Cowardness is not allowed in the army! You are trained in discipline and organization by the Dynasty, your punishment is death!" He shouted, raising his sword up with the tip of his sword pointing towards the soldier, to which he saw and attempted to scurry away from his inevitable death.

But the commander's boot was firmly planted on his chest, and when the commander felt him attempt to move away from his boot, he added further pressure to prevent him from scurrying off.

Seeing that fighting to free himself would only add more pressure, and him only being a conscript meaning no proper training, he could only accept the death that the commander will inevitably bring upon him. Slight tears formed in his eyes as he slowly closed his eyes, having accepted his fate.

*BANG!*

"Argh!"

The soldier felt the sudden weight on his abdominal area get lighter, he opened his eyes to see the Quan commander tightly gripping his left shoulder, as blood continuously dripped from it, the commander was glaring at something behind him.

Curious, he looked back to see an Auroran soldier a few meters away pointing his rifle at the commander, "Surrender Quan!"

The commander growled, "Never!" The commander quickly charged towards the lone Auroran soldier, ignoring the soldier that he was about to execute if it were not for the soldier.

The Auroran cocked his rifle, seeing that the Quan officer wouldn't surrender without a fight, he aimed his rifle directly at the head of the Quan commander.

*BANG!*

*Thud!*

...

...

=========================================

3 hours & 10 minutes after the battle and before the invasion begins.

=========================================

Location: FOB Destiny (Former Fort Padwell), Quan-Grizalan Border

Date: December 17, 904

Time: 7:20 AM

3rd P.O.V.

"General, all units are ready to move out."

"That's good to hear, how about the airfield? How close are they to completion?"

"It would take time sir, we still need to further flatten the area, additionally, we would also need to put up some hangars."

"I see, I want those airfields to be finished as soon as possible, we need air support and air superiority for our future engagements."

"We'll get to it, general!"

"Good, you are dismissed."

With that, James and the officer he was talking to saluted each other, the officer then left the general on the rooftop.

James was on top of the fort, the former fort of the Quan Dynasty before it got captured by his soldiers. James stood, overlooking the buzz of activity in front of him, Thousands of soldiers were in position, hundreds of tanks were lined up in the front to act as the spearhead, provide support and eliminate any heavy installations or units, hundreds of trucks, cars, and armored cars were behind the formation, carrying either troops or supplies to what will be the frontlines.

Soldiers ran around, carrying their equipment with them as they moved to their respective units. Some soldiers start to mount up from the trucks, half-trucks, and tanks. Tank crews were doing some final check-ups before going on the offensive. Officers doing the usual barking of orders, preparing everyone for what will be their biggest invasion yet.

James studied his army in front of him, he ordered three different attack directions. Patton will attack the south, Rommel in the west, and Zhukov in the north, with Montgomery following behind them, acting as garrison units in the meantime.

Looking at his wristwatch he told his field marshals the attack would begin at exactly 7:30 AM, field marshals Rommel and Zhukov would move first to attack their designated locations, followed by Patton swooping in from the south and Montgomery following behind.

James looked back in front of him, seeing the sun already rising from the distance, the dark Shady areas began to light up, the land began to show all of its bright colors for James to see as the sun showed itself.

As he observes the beautiful scene unfolding in front of him, James can't help but think of how far he has reached up until now. Almost a month ago, he was just an ordinary citizen on Earth, a high school student. Nothing special, no special talents or anything of the like, he was just a normal guy, just like any other.

Now though, he's a general, something he didn't think would ever be his occupation of any kind for any time. He always daydreamed about being a military officer or soldier, fighting the enemy head on, and being that badass hero that's always shown on shows. With unfortunate events, that dream has come true, he was given powers that could not only let him use magic but let him summon his own army.

Getting resurrected also means giving him a new world to explore, a world far different from his, experiencing new creatures and cultures never seen before. It was an experience that he didn't exactly think what it would be like, but still accepted it nonetheless.

"James, your breakfast is ready."

His thoughts were broken when he heard the all too familiar voice behind him, he looked back to see Samantha carrying a tray of food with her.

"Samantha?" He somewhat questioned, surprised to see her carrying food to the top of the fort, "What're you doing here?"

"Bringing you food of course, after all, you haven't eaten breakfast yet."

"I said earlier I ate breakfast."

Samantha visibly eye-rolled at this, "I don't think eating a grilled cheese sandwich is considered breakfast, James."

"I was in a hurry you know, and they're still good even for being so simple."

"Whatever you say James," she said, placing the tray of food on the table, "So, what's next on the agenda today James?" She chirped, asking him what to do today.

"Apart from the invasion that will start in-" he paused, looking back at his wristwatch, "-about four minutes, just the usual commanding and managing I guess," he said, walking away from the scenery to the table where Samantha placed the food.

"I see," Samantha said, "Do you think the invasion will go smoothly?"

"I certainly hope so," he said, grabbing the receiver from a portable radio on the table, "I can only hope that this invasion doesn't cost me and my army tremendous casualties, but what I experienced from the Grizalan Kingdom front, I guess I expect some casualties to arise," he told her, raising the receiver close to his mouth.

This caught Samantha's curiosity, "James, what are you doing?" She asked him, getting James's attention.

"Oh this," he raised the receiver a bit, "I'm about to tell my field marshals to commence the invasion."

"Tell them?" She asked, "Didn't you tell them at a specific time they would start even without hearing your orders?"

"Just want it to make it dramatic I suppose," he commented, to which Samantha just rolled her eyes at, earning a chuckle from James.

≈Field marshals, do you read me?≈

≈Rommel here, my units are ready to spearhead the invasion!≈

≈Zhukov here, my units are ready to storm the enemy, comrade general!≈

≈Patton here, ready to kick some Quan ass!≈

≈Montgomery here, ready to help with the assault!≈

Hearing their responses, especially the current status of their respective armies, he looked at his wristwatch to see the long hand reached 7:30 AM, the time when the invasion would start, and that invasion starts now.

≈It is time my marshals. Commence the invasion!≈

≈At your orders general!≈

Hearing four of them talking through the radio at the same time, he let go of the receiver and moved towards the edge of the top walls of the fort with Samantha walking up to his side.

He looked down to see his army moving forward into Quan lands, the roars of engines could be heard from the horizon, the combined sounds of a thousand vehicles intimidating the ears of the local natives, not having experienced something this intimidating.

Dust began to protrude across the landscape, the tires of trucks picking up dirt and dust as they carried troops and supplies from their hauls. Tank tracks leave their trails behind, to show to the people that something big and heavy was moving.

As the sound of tanks, trucks, cars, and men marching towards Quan lands reverberates through the air, Samantha can't help but shiver from the sheer force being presented right in front of her, marching towards their enemy with utter determination. She was glad that her King and Queen had allied with James and not turned hostile on him; if not, she would have witnessed the destruction of her home and been conquered by this very force alone.

"I guess this is it James," Samantha commented, observing the thousands of men and hundreds of vehicles moving to the Quan countryside.

James nodded, not taking his eyes off from the view in front of him, "It is Samantha," he said to her, looking at his army marching towards Quan lands.

As the sun shined down below at the strong and skilled army James has procured, it marked a new day, where a nation will now start to crumble from the incredible might of the Auroran Army...

The day that marks the beginning of a Dynasty's final moments...

For a new era shall emerge on the horizon, as the sun shined its golden rays down at James, one can guess what the following outcome of his new campaign would be. A campaign that will naturally face many challenges and tribulations along its path to victory, to which he will not back down from...

"Let Operation: Fallen Dynasty..."

"Commence!"

=====================================

hello gamers, 3 month per chapter productions here, back again from the depths of hell, and the latest introduction of collage life.

i do apologize lmao.

Editor's note: This took longer to release because the author has been busy and because I took my time basically remastering the whole thing. If you would like to know what is keeping author-san busy, join the discord if you haven't!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...