Lost in The Carribian

By Fiona9749

James Norrington had always loved my childhood best friend Elizabeth, not me. It pained me to see this, but I... More

1. Where Everything Fell Apart
3. Goodbye Nobility. Hello Piracy.
4. He Still Loves Her
5. You're a Good Man
5.2. Entitled Girls Fight Violently
6. Heart of Davy Jones
7. The Realization
8. Lovers by The Shore
9. I need to ask you something
10. Engaged
11. The Weeding Night 🍋 (unedited)

2. The Decision That Cost Everything

342 9 1
By Fiona9749

The months following the kidnapping of Elizabeth were painful. It was painful that all I could do was watch and listen like a sloth. I could do nothing to help. But what was most painful was watching James chase the love of his life who didn't have a single thread of love for him.

When I saw Elizabeth arrive in Port Royal, I ran to her and shouted, "Liz!"

I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Lotte, I missed you so much!" she said.

I released the hug, and tears ran down my face, but she wasn't crying like I was.

"Come, you need to tell me everything that happened!"

I didn't know that the conversation we would have next would tear our friendship apart forever.

"You told James you'd marry him if he rescued Will?" I asked, shocked.

She must have seen the disapproval on my face because she responded defensively, "It was the only way for me to convince him! What was I supposed to do, let Will die!?"

I stood up. "You took advantage of him!"

She stood up as well, angrily, and exclaimed, "I didn't have a choice!"

"Yes, you did! You could've made it clear you didn't love him and you loved Will!"

I was breathing heavily.

She wasn't shouting this time, but she was still annoyed. "You're only saying that because you love him!"

I stopped shouting as well. Instead, I took a step towards her, and she took a step back until I cornered her against the wall.

I came close and whispered angrily, "You're right, I do. But even if I didn't, I'd at least have some remorse for him. I wouldn't use him, lie to him, give him false hope. Or are you actually planning to marry him?"

She stayed silent.

I scoffed with a fake smile. "That's what I thought."

That's the last thing I said before I burst out of her room. We barely talked after that, and whenever we did, it was merely to acknowledge each other's existence.

══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══

"Charlotte dear, hasn't any man asked for your hand in marriage yet?" my mom asked when she saw me doing embroidery while sitting on the couch.

"Not really," I lied.

Many men had asked for my hand in marriage, but I couldn't bring myself to say yes or even maybe to any of them. I knew that unless I got over James, I wouldn't be able to give them the love they deserved. Besides, even though some of them were lovely, they just weren't like James. James wasn't a noble who had never lifted a finger once in his lifetime. James had discipline, personality, charm, intelligence, and most importantly, kindness.

"What about Arthur? He seemed like a lovely boy, and he told me he liked you. Didn't he ask for your hand in marriage?"

"Oh, I forgot, he did. But I said no," I responded with boredom.

"What was wrong with him?"

"Honestly, nothing," I replied simply.

"Hm, that's odd. When I was your age, I couldn't think of anything else but boys..."

Oh, trust me, I think about boys all the time, but only one.

"...are you...?"

Is she being serious right now?

"No, mom, I'm not!" I exclaimed in irritation and started making my way up the stairs to my room.

"You're not getting any younger you know! Honestly, almost any man would do at this point, I just want grandkids!"

My mom shouted before I entered my room and shut the door.

I sighed deeply.

Why did I have to fall for someone who is head over heels for someone else?

══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══

The next day, Jack Sparrow had an appointment with the gallows. I decided I would attend since I didn't have anything better to do, and also because I hadn't seen James in a while, and I knew he'd be there.

When I got off my wagon, I saw Elizabeth already standing there with her father and... James.

I felt anger build up in me at the sight of her, but I decided to ignore it. I avoided eye contact with her as I approached and stood next to James.

"Miss Rosewood," he nodded.

It had probably been months since he had looked at me, and it made my heart skip a beat. But I managed to keep myself composed.

"Commodore," I smiled and did a curtsey.

That was the extent of our interactions. I can't remember a single time our conversation ever went beyond greeting.

I saw Jack Sparrow on the gallows, and the drums started playing.

A man pulled out a script and started reading the usual yada yada.

"This is wrong..." Elizabeth said, and I rolled my eyes.

As if she knows what's right from wrong.

"Commodore Norrington is bound by the law, as are we all," the governor said.

Unexpectedly, Will appeared out of the crowd and stood in front of us.

"Governor Swann, Commodore, Charlotte... Elizabeth..." He stopped for a moment.

Here we go.

"...I should've told you every day from the moment I met you. I love you."

James and the governor looked over at Elizabeth in shock.

Oh man, this is awkward.

Will started rushing through the crowd, and the drums started playing faster. The hangman placed the rope around Jack Sparrow's neck.

Will pushed past more people, and James started to get wary. "Marines!"

"I can't breathe!" Elizabeth exclaimed and fell to the ground, distracting them from Will.

Jack was dropped down, and Will threw his sword under Jack's feet just before he was about to meet God.

James rushed to stop Will, but he managed to free Jack, and they ran towards the ledge, but were soon surrounded by Marines who all pointed their guns.

James pointed his sword at Will's neck and spoke, "I thought we might have to endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt. But not from you."

"I granted you clemency, and this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him?" the governor shot in.

Elizabeth and I also approached.

"He's a pirate!" the governor exclaimed.

"And a good man!" Will shot back.

Will continued, "if all I have achieved here is that the hangman will own two pairs of boots instead of one, so be it... At least my conscience will be clear."

Will truly is a good man.

James took a step forward, "you forget your place, Turner."

Will replied confidently, "it's right here, between you and Jack."

James clenched his jaw, and Elizabeth stepped forward, taking Will's hand. "As is mine."

"Elizabeth!" the governor said, shocked.

"Lower your weapons. For goodness' sake, put them down!" the governor ordered.

I looked at James, and I could see the pain in his eyes. "So this is where your heart truly lies, then," he said with despair in his voice.

"It is," Elizabeth replied quietly. I wanted to punch her right then and there.

Of course, Jack shot in, "Well, I'm actually feeling rather good about this. I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically..."

"What the hell are you yapping about?" I said. Jack just winked at me.

Jack came up close to James, saying, "I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate. Know that."

He stopped and looked at Elizabeth, saying, "Elizabeth..."

She turned around to him, and he continued, "It would never have worked out between us, darling. I'm sorry."

How does she manage to make everyone fall for her?!

"Well, nice hat," Jack told Will before running to the ledge.

"This is the day that you will always remember as the day that-"

Before Jack could finish, he fell back into the ocean. That pirate sure is amusing.

"Sail ho!"

Someone from a ship in the distance shouted. Jack started swimming towards the ship.

"What's your plan of action?" one of the Marines asked.

James stayed quiet.

"Sir?" the Marine asked again.

The governor spoke, "Perhaps on the rare occasion, pursuing the right course demands an act of piracy. Piracy itself can be the right course?"

I never thought I would hear the governor say something like that.

James thought for a moment, then called out, "Mr. Turner!"

Will turned around, and James raised his sword, saying, "This is a beautiful sword. I would expect the man who made it to show the same care and devotion in every aspect of his life."

"Thank you," Will responded.

James turned around and started walking away. One of the marine officers asked about Sparrow.

"Oh, I think we can afford to give him one day's head start."

I wish James would've known that he couldn't afford to make that decision because it would end up costing him everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 20 18
Captain Jacqueline Everleigh decided to dock her ship at Port Royal where she saw a familiar face; Jack Sparrow. She joined him on his quest with the...
202K 7K 20
I don't own Pirates of the Caribbean. All rights go to the Disney company that gave us these wonderous movies. I only own Johanna and (Y/n) and her s...
29.7K 752 36
Stuck in a life she has little interest in, Caroline finds herself jumping into a unique adventure. Eager to help save her friend Elizabeth, she join...
12.1K 468 27
Your the rather unfun best friend of the famous pirate Jack Sparrow. Who never leaves the safety of Ship Wreck Cove- Well it would have been never. T...