A New Masterpiece (COTE x OC)

By kinato_

Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, the masterpiece of the Whiteroom, an unchallenged existence in this world, with unfathom... More

Chapter 1 - The Opening
Chapter 2 - First Introductions
Chapter 3 - The Student Council President
Chapter 4 - An Unusual Outing
Chapter 5 - Class Leaders
Chapter 6 - Revelations
Chapter 7 - Study Group
Chapter 8 - A New Goal
Chapter 9 - Midterms
Chapter 10 - Bad News
Chapter 11 - The Trial
Chapter 12 - Silver Lining
SS.1 - Growth (Horikita)
Chapter 13 - A Break
Chapter 14 - Deserted Island Exam (1)
Chapter 15 - Deserted Island Exam (2)
Chapter 16 - Deserted Island Exam (3)
Chapter 17 - Deserted Island Exam (4)
Chapter 18 - Deserted Island Exam (5)
Chapter 19 - Deserted Island Exam (6)
Chapter 20 - Deserted Island Exam (Finale)
Chapter 21 - A Day Off
Chapter 22 - Zodiac Exam (1)
Chapter 23 - Zodiac Exam (2)
Chapter 24 - Zodiac Exam (3)
Chapter 25 - Zodiac Exam (Finale)
Chapter 26 - Sazae-san Syndrome
Chapter 27 - The Beginning
Chapter 28 - A Leader
Chapter 29 - Ability
SS.2 - Behind a Mask (Kushida)
Chapter 30 - Investigation
Chapter 31 - The Renegade
Chapter 32 - The Show Begins
Chapter 33 - Challenges
Chapter 34 - Dirty Tricks
Chapter 35 - Breakpoint
Chapter 36 - Farce
Chapter 36.5 - Small Talk
Chapter 37 - Collapse
Chapter 38 - Negotiations
Chapter 39 - Elites
Chapter 40 - Resolve (1)
Chapter 41 - Resolve (2)
Chapter 42 - Paper Shuffle
Chapter 43 - The Changing Class D
Chapter 44 - Proposition
Chapter 46 - Indignity
Chapter 47 - Vengeance
Chapter 48 - The Cunning
SS.3 - A New Goal (Sakayanagi)
Chapter 49 - Pursuer
Chapter 50 - Unexpected Coincidence
Chapter 51 - A Club Members Duties
Chapter 52 - A Senior's Wish
Chapter 53 - Setting A Stage
Chapter 54 - The Final Act Begins
Chapter 55 - The Pain of Hope
Chapter 56 - The Beginning of the End
Chapter 57 - The Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 58 - Dread
Chapter 59 - Bloom
Chapter 60 - Preparation
News
Chapter 61 - Initiation
Chapter 62 - A Good Gift
Chapter 63 - A Christmas Date? Pt.1
Chapter 64 - A Christmas Date? Pt.2

Chapter 45 - A Warning

1.1K 71 25
By kinato_

The days had flown by faster than expected.

We were getting closer and closer to our final exam, which meant Horikita's and Hirata's study sessions had continued non-stop.

With those two and myself coming up with exam questions to use against Class C, you could say we were running on fumes for the most part.

Occasionally, Ichinose and her fellow Class B members would drop in from time to time to participate in the study group or to help tutor others.

Each and every time, Ichinose spent the majority of our study session tutoring me. Most likely because she was concerned about the potential of a friend dropping out of school. But I appreciated the sentiment.

Before I joined Horikita's fifth study group session today, though, I had some matters to attend to.

"You walk slow," I called out to my associate.

"Tch, I'll meet with you when I want to," Kushida spat back at me.

After I met with Kushida in my room, I made it clear to her that I wanted information about everything going on. Including her plans to thwart Horikita.

Today was our first meeting since that faithful day. We decided to speak to each other in a secluded part just outside the school's library before the next study session.

"So, it's been a few days since the Paper Shuffle test was announced. I want to know what you're planning to do or have already done," I asked.

"You know I hate you."

"That's not what I was asking about. Tell me what has happened."

Kushida clicked her tongue in frustration as she struggled to get a rise out of me. "I made contact with Horikita-san about this special exam."

"What happened then?"

"We had a quick discussion about my past which I don't care to tell you. And she asked to make a bet with me."

A bet, eh? Horikita didn't always make moves this risky unless she had absolute faith that she could win. "What entails this bet?"

"Horikita-san made a bet that if I score higher on her on a subject during this final exam of my choice. She will willingly drop out of school. And if she scores higher than me, I have to stop targeting her."

"That's quite an interesting bet... anything else?" I continued to pry.

"The Former Student Council President played as a witness to this verbal agreement of ours."

Seemed Horikita was extremely serious about this duel of theirs. Even going to the lengths of reaching out to her older brother as a witness.

"What subject did you agree to?"

"Mathematics, one of my strongest subjects," Kushida continued. "Now, that's everything. And I hate breathing the same air as you, so I'll be going."

Kushida made quick steps to escape the conversation.

But I quickly grabbed onto the back of her collar, stopping her from moving at all.

"Hey! What gives you, idiot!"

"You didn't tell me everything, now, did you?"

Kushida didn't respond immediately, she stared off into the distance for a brief moment. After a brief moment of thinking she slapped my hand off her collar and turned back to face me.

"I wish I had expelled you first," she said.

"Your greatest mistake. Now, what else do you know?"

"I also had a brief meeting with Horikita-san and Ayanokouji-kun."

Even Kiyotaka is involved in this?

"Basically, he joined in on the wager too. For getting to learn about my past incident in junior high, he would also drop out of school if I beat Horikita-san in mathematics in the final. But if I lost to Horikita-san, he'd get to stay."

"An interesting wager. He put his entire school life into Horikita's hands, just to learn more about you... I wonder why he'd make such a gamble," I said.

"There, that's it, happy now? Two of your friends are going to be expelled. Hope you don't regret not forcing me to stop my antics," Kushida replied.

"I don't regret my decisions. They all have a purpose. Whether they win the bet or not is entirely up to them. But I doubt either party would go into this final without preparing a plan," I continued. "So, what's your plan to take down Horikita and Ayanokouji?"

"I'm working on it," Kushida replied hesitantly.

"What do you mean working on it?"

"It means I haven't finished my plan yet!" She barked back.

"You must be an idiot to go into a fight without a completed plan."

"It's almost done, I just need some time."

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail," I replied.

"Stop spouting your righteous nonsense advice at me, I really do wish you could die," Kushida's words were laced with venom as she snapped back at me.

"Welp, too bad I'm still alive and thriving," I said as I made my way to the library for our appointed study session. "You better leave now, or else you'll be late for the study session."

"You don't have to tell me what to do," Kushida gave her parting words as she stormed past me into the library.

~~~

"You're late," Horikita immediately pointed out my slight tardiness.

"Sorry, sorry," I replied, taking my seat among my classmates. "Something kept me occupied for a minute."

"Fine. As long as you put in the effort, I don't care. Right now, you still have a slightly higher chance of expulsion than Ike."

"Hey!" Ike contorted back at Horikita's response.

"Don't worry so much. A simple test wouldn't do me in," I replied.

"You should hope the school aids you on this final," Horikita added before diving into the study session.

True, I was at a higher risk of expulsion than anyone in the first years. But I don't think the school would be so caring to give one student an advantage over others. I'd need to prepare to get near perfect in every subject if I wanted to remain in this school.

Passing this final exam alone would raise suspicion against me. Considering this exam could be several times more difficult than any previous exam because of the added element of other classes generating test questions.

But being in the limelight for a while or being forced out of this school was a no-brainer decision for me.

I'd stay in this school no matter what it takes.

I've grown fond of my time here, and I wasn't going to allow some exam to take me out.

This school was about demonstrating your value to others, being able to adapt or overcome any scenario, but most of all, winning.

Any opportunity to increase these chances was a golden circumstance.

Whether it be academics, athletics, or special exams, this school gave ample amounts of opportunities to demonstrate your worth, and perhaps, change your future.

Clubs were also another one of those opportunities to prove your worth at this school.

And the choice club to do that would have to be the Student Council.

The most prestigious club within this school. Compared to the regular Student Council, it had an exponentially higher amount of pull and power within the school.

Especially the President.

That person alone held the most influential power within this school as a student. If they wanted to, they could change whatever they wanted about this school within certain conditions.

And after listening to Nagumo's speech, I spent a lot of time thinking about how a spot on the Student Council could benefit my life within this school.

But before I waltzed into that club room demanding a spot, I'd need to know exactly how influential a spot on this council could be.

Luckily, I had an in with one of the members of the council.

I fumbled around in my pocket for a moment finding my phone. I'd have to do this secretly, or Horikita would be on my case for not studying.

Not like she could do anything to me, though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fukumoto

[Hey, Ichinose, I was just wondering if I could ask you something?]

Ichinose

[Sure! Do you want to meet in person?]

Fukumoto

[No, messaging is fine. I was just wondering what the Student Council is like?]

Ichinose

[The Student Council?!]

[Are you planning to join, Fukumoto-kun?]

Fukumoto

[I've been thinking about it. But I want to know what it's like before I commit. So I thought it would be best to ask you.]

Ichinose

[Well... the council is a lot of hard work, we meet as often as possible. To plan or organize events, go over the budget, general maintenance, and cleaning, or sometimes to just talk.]

Fukumoto

[Anything else?]

Ichinose

[I haven't been a part of this personally. But since the Student Council presides over the student body, the council will often get involved in student affairs, they may hand out punishments or incentives depending on the situation.]

Ichinose must be referring to Sudo's case. The former president, Horikita Manabu, had threatened both sides with expulsion as the punishment. So it would go without saying that, the council holds an enormous amount of power over the student body.

Fukumoto

[I see... are those decisions left up to all the members?]

Ichinose

[No, typically, the President or Vice-president makes those decisions. The secretary tends to inform other members after they have discussed it.]

Fukumoto

[Good to know. Are there any extra benefits?]

Ichinose

[Extra benefits?]

Fukumoto

[Like a private points boost, knowledge about upcoming exams... stuff like that?]

Ichinose

[Hmm, not to my knowledge.]

Fukumoto

[Alright, thanks for the help. This will probably make my decision easier.]

Ichinose

[So are you joining???]

Fukumoto

[I still need to come to a final decision.]

Ichinose

[Well, it would be great to have you join. I know you'd do amazing!]

[˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a very helpful conversation.

My suspicions were correct.

The Student Council overall held an enormous amount of power over the student body. But truly, it was the President and Vice-President that controlled all the power.

All the other positions were mere fodder compared to those two.

If I were to join, the goal would be President or Vice-President.

But, as a first-year, joining the council for the first time, I couldn't get my hopes up on a high-ranking position. Even if Nagumo was the new president.

It would take time and patience till I achieved what I wanted.

~~~

"So, what did you want to discuss?" I asked the black-haired girl to my left.

"I'll explain once we are inside," Horikita answered.

She had messaged me and Kiyotaka after the study group today, to meet in Kiyotaka's room for a discussion.

I presumed it was about the upcoming final, seeing as that was the most pressing matter.

After knocking on Kiyotaka's door a few times, he finally came and opened it.

"Why do we have to meet here?" he asked.

"It's the easiest room to get to since your one of the lower floors," Horikita responded, as she waltzed into his room without a care.

I offered my sympathies to Kiyotaka and joined Horikita inside his room.

"I'll get right to it," Horikita immediately started as she took a seat on Ayanokouji's bed. "The study groups are just about finished. After tomorrow's session, I'd like to make final preparations for the exam. I'd need you two and Yukimura-kun as well to come to help me."

"That's alright with me," I replied.

"Tomorrow, huh?" Kiyotaka responded with a little bit of concern in his voice.

"If not tomorrow, the day after, but the sooner the better. We have almost finished the test questions, but I feel we need to change a few."

"I'll talk about it with Keisei. We may possibly be late. Also, we should get in contact with Hirata and Karuizawa about this."

"Keisei?" I said.

"You two seem very close now," Horikita replied. "As for Hirata-kun and Karuizawa-san, I've already informed them."

"So, what are you and Keisei planning to do if you're coming late?" I asked Kiyotaka.

"Nothing exciting. My study group has agreed to see a movie, that's all."

I gave a heartfelt slap to Kiyotaka's back. "Wow, you're actually getting a social life now. I'm proud of you," I said, wiping away fake tears.

"Will you two control yourselves? You're acting like children," Horikita said.

"He's not the only one getting closer to his group members. You seem to be relying on people other than us two now. Like Hirata. I'm so moved," I said, preparing to give Horikita the same treatment as Kiyotaka.

Prick

"Ow!"

"That's what you get for trying to be humorous," Horikita replied flatly.

"How'd you even pull out a compass that fast? How'd you even get a compass to stab me in the first place?"

Horikita only offered a smug grin in response.

"That thing is my mortal enemy," I replied.

"I understand your pain," Ayanokouji said. "But there's something else I would like to discuss."

"What is it?"

"Earlier today, during my group's study session, we had a brief quarrel with Ryuuen."

"That's not surprising," Horikita muttered.

"But, there wasn't any physical altercation. He simply questioned Yukimura and me. Saying he'd be seeing us soon," Ayanokouji stated.

"Wait, do you think he's starting to catch on to you?" I asked.

"He has a few options, namely I, Yukimura, Hirata, and Kouenji."

"You mean, Ryuuen-kun suspects you as one of the masterminds from the Island exam? Or the person who thwarted his plan after the Sports Festival?" Horikita asked, mildly concerned.

"I assume so. He hasn't narrowed his suspects down, but he's also brought in help from his class to do so. I believe her name is Hiyori..."

"Oh, wait. I know Hiyori," I continued. "We often discuss books with each other. We haven't done so recently, but I do know her."

"She was there when Ryuuen confronted us. She was made out to be some hidden weapon of his."

"Well, I don't know her extremely well. But I wouldn't say she's got some crazy ability hidden away. Doesn't sound like her."

"Hm... I'll keep that in mind."

"Wait, wait," Horikita quickly looked to Ayanokouji. "Does Fukumoto-kun know about what happened after the Sports Festival?"

Kiyotaka looked toward me, his eyes void of any emotion. "He knows."

"He gave me a brief summary," I added. "But anyways, this now means Ryuuen's trying to target you. He's concerned about this unknown mastermind in Class D and wants to crush them. So what will you do?"

Kiyotaka shrugged in response. "It's all too much work right now. I'll come up with some plans if needed. I may differ this problem to you two."

I gave a slight chuckle in response. Classic Ayanokouji answer.

"We shall keep a watchful eye on Ryuuen and Class C for now," Horikita stood up from the bed, fixing her skirt. "As for the meeting tomorrow, we plan to meet in a karaoke room at 8pm. Try to be there on time."

"Sure," I replied.

"I'll do my best," Kiyotaka said.

Having finished our discussion Horikita and I, both made our way out of Ayanokouji's dorm.

But I stopped at the door just before leaving his dorm.

"I'll help you if you need it."

"I'll work something out," Kiyotaka replied.

"Alright, alright. By the way, happy birthday," I left my parting words to return to my dorm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN's:

helloooo everyone

hope you are enjoying this book so far, means alot to me for all your support!

unfortunately, i will be away most of this week and may not have the time to release the weekly chapter next week.

but i will work my hardest to get that to you all as soon as possible

enjoy your day!

until next time, legends

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 2.9K 30
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka is a mysterious individual. Despite being at the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School where you can get any job you...
79.5K 3.8K 41
[ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 '𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞' ] ‼ 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 '𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 (𝐂𝐨𝐓𝐄 𝐱 𝐎𝐂)...
41.5K 3.3K 28
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, the Masterpiece of the White Room has gone missing, disappearing into thin air one night before the end of spring break. His whe...
337K 11.3K 41
In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka the masterpiece of the white room has escaped from the white room with the help of a few acquaintances from the...