๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐˜; ๐ฆ๐š๐ค...

By functionalism

Just a regular girl in the Jujutsu world. maki zenin x reader. More

before you start
Verbatim
Rocuronium
Invasion
Adamance
Arsenic
Hazard
Toluene
Tempest
Ethylene
Silica
The Beach
Questionnaire
Peyote
Orion
Assimilate
Admission
Ambition
Transition
Ryomen Sukuna
Lithium
Bodies
Mastermind
Gas
Persuasion
Lethal
Homerun
Introspection
Stigma
Tendency
Riddle
A Privilege Not Earned
United in Grief
Executioner
Blood on the Walls
The Girl who Lived, Cried and Fought

Dopamine

1.5K 53 48
By functionalism

"They say both Maki and the kids will be fine."

Gojo said as he stood next to you and Yuta sitting on the chair outside the hospital room Maki's in.

"Thank goodness." Yuta huffed out. "You don't look very satisfied? Neither of you do." Gojo commented. You and Yuta both looked at Gojo. "I...I managed to call Rika-chan out for myself for the first time." Yuta answered.

"Really? That's a step forward." Gojo replied while Yuta kept looking at his ring before looking up and seeing a boy walking past him. Gojo looked at you, who was sitting back against the wall with your arms folded. "What about you, Y/n?" He asked as you looked up at him.

"Ryo never really told me its powers, so I was a little surprised when it took Maki, Yuta and I into that ball it made and began bouncing all around the curse's stomach. But if that's not the only thing it can do, then I'm wondering if its powers are based on molding itself into whatever it wishes." You explained before huffing. Gojo hummed with a nod. "I see you're getting along with that curse, huh?" Gojo asked, taking another look at you. You looked back up at him.

"As embarrassing as that sounds, yeah, actually." You said with a soft chuckle. He smiled before ruffling your hair. "If you want, I could go to the library at Jujutsu High and look for some books about Ryo." You smiled softly. "That's ok. I'll just ask it myself."

You got up from the soft cushion and walked down the hallway to get some water, as you informed both Yuta and Gojo. On your way back, you decided to sneak into Maki's room and say hi to see how she's doing.

Her head turned to face you with a frown. "What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be outside with the other two?" She grumbled before turning back over on her side. You chuckled before sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed. "I'm doing just fine, thank you for asking," You said sarcastically with a smile. You heard a scoff from the other side. "Why're you even in here anyways? Not like anything that went wrong with me had anything to do with you." She grumbled once again. You looked at her. "Well-" You paused. The only thing you heard now was the sound of her even breathing.

"Whatever. Get better, will ya? I still need someone to help me get better at fighting." You joked before getting up and walking back out the room to meet back up with Gojo and Yuta.

Gojo and Yuta both looked over at you. "Took ya long enough. Yuta here just decided that he's gonna unravel Rika's curse. Doesn't that sound fun?" Gojo chirped with a smile. You huffed before looking at him.

"Yep. Real fun."

-

-

-

"Hey, Ryo." You asked as you opened the door to your room. "Hm?" It responded. "I have a few questions for you. Just a few." You said, plopping down on your bed.

"What is it?"

"So..what are your powers? Like, what can you do?"

"...To put it simply, I can transform into anything I'd like. Though depending on how big the object, it takes up a bit of cursed energy. Like that ball I made the other day with spikes, it took up a small portion of my cursed energy."

"Do you have any weaknesses?"

"One. Fire."

"Fire?"

"Yep. You see how I'm known to you as a glob of sorts. As you know, I'm made of liquid cursed energy. What happened was, about a thousand years ago, I used to not have that weakness. But the area I was born in was such an angry community and those bad emotions fueled into my cursed energy. What once was a spark of irritation and simple annoyance erupted into an enormous wildfire of anger and madness. The cursed energy inside this liquid soon started to bubble up to the surface, and eventually caught a few buildings on fire. The fire brought a mixture of fear and aggravation at the same time, overwhelming and confusing the cursed energy inside me. People back then didn't know I existed, as I had no way of getting around without a host, so that made fire become my weakness."

You huffed at its story. "So you're saying the negative emotions made you flammable?"

"Yes. Technically. If I'm near fire, it won't be too bad but if I get caught, that's when it gets bad." It answered truthfully. You nodded before sitting up. "So like, whatever you think of, you can make it?"

"To summarize it, yes."

You nodded once again before getting up from your bed. "Why?" It asked. "So I can learn to use your powers, obviously."

"Really?"

"Do you expect me to roll in by myself and use my intelligence to worm my way out of the situation?" You asked as you opened the door and began to walk out. It sighed. "And, one more question."

"What?"

"Are you a boy or girl?"

"Does the name 'Ryo' sound like a girl's name to you?"

"You never really specified."

"Fine...I guess..I'm a male? I don't know, I don't have a penis."

"Just make one."

"And have the image of a purple human shaped blob walking around in your mind really but ass naked with its penis swinging all about staying in the back of your head? I think not."

You chuckled at his response. Soon after that, you turned the corner to the dining hall where the others were sitting at a table all together.

Sitting down, you noticed that there wasn't any food on the table. "What's all this?" You asked in genuine confusion. Maki, Panda, Toge and Yuta all looked at you. "We...heard there's gonna be chocolate pudding served here. And only one person gets to have it. So we're all sitting here waiting for the food to be served." Panda explained, continuing his intense eye contact with Maki. You snickered to yourself. "Is it even ok for you to eat chocolate pudding?" You asked Panda. He nodded slowly in response.

...

A few moments later, the sound of a door opening was heard and all five of you turned your heads in its direction. Five trays were sitting on the table all the way across the room. The five of you stared at them with wide eyes.

Panda was the first one to get up and even shook the table back a little bit before Maki jumped up right after him to tackle him. You and Toge got up after the two of them and hopped over Panda and Maki and raced each other to the table.

Both of you got to the table and grabbed the small tub of chocolate pudding at the same time. You and him played tug of war for a few seconds before Maki got finished tackling Panda and ran towards you and Toge then snatched right from your hands.

You and Toge both ran after her and in the blink of an eye, both you and him were on the floor with bruises everywhere all over your bodies.

Maki took it upon herself to sit on Pandas, Toges, and your body like it was a throne and eat the chocolate pudding like a queen. Yuta just sat at the table where he stayed and watched the whole scene.

"You guys should've just let me have it, instead of having it end up like this." She said gracefully before taking another spoonful. You rolled your eyes then pulled yourself up and rolled and toppled back down, letting Maki fall off her throne.

"You could've asked me to get up!" She grumbled, getting back up with the small tub of chocolate pudding still in her hand. You chuckled then turned to her, "Sorry, your royal highness." You said before going to the other table and picked up a random tray then went to sit back down with Yuta.

"...Anyways, Y/n?" Yuta asked quietly, turning to you. You looked at him with a smile, "Yeah?"

"Could you help me with some of my homework?" He asked politely. Your smile turned into a grin with a nod, "Sure thing!" You chirped before turning back to your food and proceeded to eat like a pig.

"Do you always eat like you're on your last days?" Maki judged, taking her spot in front of you. You deadpanned your expression before looking at her. "Must be sad waking up every morning and being obsessed with the way people eat." You said before going back to eating. She scoffed at you, "I don't want to thank you for carrying me back to Gojo." She started. You looked up at her.

"But thank you anyways. I know stick figure over here wouldn't have been able to do it any faster." She said, pointing at Yuta who looked up from his plate. You chuckled and looked at him. "Huhh? I'm a stick figure now??" Yuta questioned. You stopped chuckling when he looked down at himself. With a huff, you pat his back. "It's alright. You're not a literal stick figure. Maki's just being sour at how much stronger you are than her." You complimented before turning to the frowning Maki.

-

-

-

After eating and helping Yuta with his homework, you finally decided to head to the training room once your food was done digesting. It would be better to work inside rather than outside where you'd be sweating like a pig.

Sliding open the training room, you walked in and saw Maki sitting on a mat while stretching, you figured she must be getting started with training too.

With a scoff, you walked over towards the table next to the door and placed your water bottle on it. She looked up at you and groaned. You chuckled, turning to her. "Quit griping. At least you have someone who's willing to train with you." You said before getting next to her on the mat.

She grunted before scooching over some. You glanced over at her then back at the wall.

"If you want to train that bad." Maki grumbled, getting up from her spot and standing in front of you. You looked up at her looming over you, so you stood up with her. Her eyebrows knit together at the eye contact. You smirked before going in to headbutt her.

She hit the floor with a loud grunt, "What the hell?! I wasn't even ready!" She griped, getting up and punching you in the gut before taking your head and hitting your forehead with her knee over and over again.

Once she was done, she shoved you away and you held your aching head. "What was that for?! All I did was headbutt you!" You exclaimed. She snickered then let out a hearty chuckle. "You should see how red your forehead is!" She cackled, pointing at your head. You frowned then looked over to the mirror wall to your right and saw a huge red gash on your forehead.

You turned to her, now furious at the fact that she broke your good looking face and ran straight for her, tackling her to the floor. You sat on top of her and attempted to punch her in the face. Instead, with her cat-like reflexes, she grabbed your fist and twisted your arm before bashing heads with you. Her glasses were off and sitting on the table nearby so she had nothing to worry about.

-

-

-

A few moments later, you were on the ground with Maki's arm around your neck, putting you in a headlock. A toothy grin stretched upon her face at your weak state.

"Say that you give up, and I'll let you go." She huffed into your ear. You frowned before kicking your legs then ultimately gave up, "Alright fine. You win." You sighed in defeat before she loosened her arm around you and got up.

You limped over to the table and grabbed your water bottle. Walking out with that small limp, you stumbled across Yuta walking around in the hallway.

"Oh, hey Yuta." You chirped, grinning at him. He smiled back and walked towards you. "You...look a little beat up? What happened?" He asked. You huffed then glanced back over in the direction of the training room only to find Maki right behind you.

"Jeez, Maki. Didn't know you liked stalking people." You mumbled before turning back to Yuta. "Shut up. You know we're literally neighbors so we're both gonna go this way." She grumbled before standing next to you.

"Anyways...what happened was-"

"Y/n decided to pick a fight with me and evidently that didn't end very well." Maki punched your shoulder roughly. You grabbed it before flipping her off. Yuta chuckled nervously before scratching the back of his head. "Well, I'm heading to bed. Goodnight, you two." He smiled before walking past you and Maki. You huffed before rushing past her.

..

"I want an ice pack as an apology." You grumbled just before you got to the door of your room. Maki paused her steps as she turned back to face you. "And who said I was sorry?" She asked, folding her arms and leaning against the wall. "Doesn't have to be a real apology, I just need an ice pack and who better to ask than the person who broke my face?" You said grumpily before smiling at her. She chuckled then pushed herself off, "Fine. I'll be right back, dipshit." She said before walking off somewhere.

You walked into your room and lay back on your bed before hearing Ryo's voice.

"You let her rough you up again??" He commented with a chuckle. You rolled your eyes at his voice then turned over to your nightstand and picked up the lighter sitting there. "Oooh look. Firee! Fire baddd!" You joked, earning a disapproving huff from Ryo.

"Anyways, how long do you plan on letting her rough you up?" He asked once you closed it and put the lighter down. You sat back against the headboard and huffed, "I didn't let her. Maki's just a good fighter." You grumbled as an answer. Ryo chuckled in response. "How'd you know I was talking about Maki?"

"The fact she kicked my ass earlier."

Ryo sighed. "Anyways, I see you and that Okkotsu kid are getting along pretty well." He commented. You nodded your head with a smile. "Yeah, he's a really nice kid, and I don't get why Maki had to be so rough on him the other day." You said before frowning. "She was rough with you on your first day." He reminded. You rolled your eyes before making a pretend-crocodile with your hand.

"Oh so now you're mocking me?" He questioned, "I can see everything that you do, idiot." You chuckled at him. A few moments later, you heard a knock on your door.

Getting up, you skipped over to the door and opened it to find Maki awkwardly standing there with the ice pack in her hand. "Well, here you go. See ya later." She said before stuffing the ice pack in your hand and walked off.

"Wait!" Ryo shouted, you were surprised that she heard him. She turned around with a confused frown, "Huh?" She questioned. Your eyes widened and you slapped yourself before hissing at Ryo, "Shut the fuck up!" Ryo cackled at you.

"Could you please help Y/n out a little with her head? She's got a major headache and it'd be nice for you to make it up to her by helping her out with that." Ryo lied. You most certainly did not have a headache and you were absolutely ready to beat Ryo's ass if you could.

Maki stood there with a disappointed face. "Tch, you're so weak that you need someone else to take care of you for something as small as a headache?" She griped, walking towards you. You huffed before leaving the door open for her.

"It's not like I want to do this, I just know that if I said no then that stupid curse of yours would never leave me alone about it." She grumbled as she held the ice pack to your head. Her frown didn't leave her face from when she turned around and to now. You looked away in embarrassment.

"Anyways, how's that leg?" You asked, looking down at her right leg. She looked down with you and back up at the ice pack. "It's fine." She answered plainly. You wanted to tell her that you didn't have a headache so she could get the hell out, but part of you didn't want to. You'll never understand why. out of all the other things you know

"It could've been worse, but I don't wanna look back on that." She continued quietly. You nodded before looking around your room.

..

After a few uncomfortable moments of silence, you smiled and thanked her for helping you with that make-believe headache that Ryo lied about and she left the room quickly.

You plopped down on your bed, finally allowing yourself to breathe. "Well aren't you two cute." Ryo commented with a giggle. You frowned before slapping yourself, "You know I can't feel that." He reminded. You rolled your eyes, "Yes I know. But I want you to not ever say that again anyways." You demanded. He huffed before chuckling once again, "Plus, why do you think Maki and I are cute?" You questioned before rolling over on your side. "Why do you care?"

"Shut up! I just want to know so that it'll get you to shut up about me and her."

"I'll never tell."

"Ugh! You're so mean!"

"Muahaha. Ha. Ha ha."

"I hate you." You said before chuckling and turning off your lamp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 39 3
Jujutsu Kaisen drabbles and one-shots. All feature a female reader. Some will be suitable for work and some will contain mature and graphic themes. I...
11.8K 340 20
"๐šƒ๐šŽ๐š›๐š›๐š’๐š‹๐š•๐šข ๐š•๐š’๐š”๐šŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐š›๐š’๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ, ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ง ๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐šœ๐š ๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐š–๐šŽ๐š•, ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŽ'๐šœ ๐š–๐šข ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ญ ๐š๐š‘...
168K 6.4K 24
"ษช'แด… แด‡แด€แด› แด€ ส™ษชสŸสŸษชแดษด แด˜ษชแด„แด‹สŸแด‡๊œฑ ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ." "แด›แดœษดแด€ แดแด€สแด?" "...แดษด ๊œฑแด‡แด„แดษดแด… แด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›, แดแด€สส™แด‡ ษดแดแด›. แดŠแดœ๊œฑแด› แดษดแด‡, แด›สœแด‡ษด. ษช'แด… แด‡แด€แด› แดษดแด‡ แด˜ษชแด„แด‹สŸแด‡ ๊œฐแดส€ สแดแดœ."
3.9K 137 6
๐๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ง๐ข๐œ!๐˜๐š๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐ž!๐‰๐ฎ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ ๐Š๐š๐ข๐ฌ๐ž๐ง ๐ฑ ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ!๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ž๐ซ Forced to abandon your family and being spit out into a world of c...