TOXIN ▌ THE BOYS / SOLD...

By strxapose

TOXIN ▬▬ HOW ABOUT NOT BEING A SUPE More

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️
TOXIN
VOL. ONE ─── CHILDHOOD
#01. the children
#02. superpowers
#03. crowns and fairy tales
#04. group II
#05. compound n
#06. the moment everything change
VOL. TWO ─── TEEN YEARS
#07. the girls
#08. our first kiss
#09. the escapists
#10. the town
#11. fourth of july
#12. compound v
VOL. THREE ─── FAMILY DOESN'T END WITH BLOOD
confidential files
#13. benjamin
#14. fuck them
#15. father and son
#16. army women
VOL. FOUR ─── SEVEN NATION ARMY
#17. poison rose
war files
#18. private barnes
#19. steve fort
#20. the superheroine
#21. she is coming
#21. battlefield
#23. war or just me
VOLUMEN CINCO ─── EV'RY DAY OF MY LIFE
#24. rose Harrington
#25. the end
#27. first date
28. the one where rosie falls in love
:) supernatural fans

26. if I say yes

1K 41 36
By strxapose

❘❙❚ ISSUE #26 ░░░░ VOL. 5
IF I SAY YES ❜ ┆🌹

⁘⁙💥⛠ BUY ISSUE #26 FOR $1.00 HERE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The doorbell of her apartment rang, and the red-haired woman hurried to open it.

"Hello!" she exclaimed with joy to the man on the other side of the door: Steve Fort.

"Rosie," he said with a beautiful, perfect smile, "sorry for coming a little early. I... uh, really wanted to see you. I brought something for you." Rosie stepped aside to let him in. The man was carrying a sizable bag. "May I come in?" he asked upon entering.

"So, this is my new home," Rosie proudly introduced it to him. "This is where I've been living for the past few months. Do you like it?"

"Yes, it's all very much your style," he said, admiring her new home.

The warm evening light filtered through the lace curtains, illuminating the space with a cozy softness. Steve took a step forward, his eyes fixated on the meticulous details of the decoration.

The dark, polished wooden floor creaked beneath his feet as he slowly walked down the hallway. On either side, the walls were adorned with framed photographs of old comrades, including a picture of Rosie at Kit Morrison and Milly Ferrer's wedding. The living room was a true tribute to nature. Solid wood furniture in warm tones dominated the space, from the upholstered armchair to the rustic-style coffee table. Large windows allowed natural light to glide unobstructed, revealing a panoramic view of a nearby park. Majestic trees stood tall, dressing the horizon with vibrant green and filling the air with their freshness. A sofa covered in soft green velvet faced a brick fireplace. A pair of wicker armchairs adorned with floral-printed cushions invited guests to sit and enjoy the tranquility that permeated the space. The kitchen, though modest in size, radiated charm and functionality. The weathered wooden cabinets were meticulously carved, displaying exceptional craftsmanship. The soft earth-toned floor tiles blended perfectly with the granite countertop, adding a touch of modernity without compromising the natural essence.

"You can leave your coat here," Rosie said, being very hospitable and feeling like a great host. She took his coat to the closet under the stairs and invited Steve to sit in her armchair.

"I'll leave your gift here," he said, placing it on the coffee table. "I hope you like it."

Rosie smiled with rosy cheeks. She hadn't expected such a sweet gesture since they returned from the war. So many things had happened, and they had a lot to talk about, although she felt hesitant to bring up certain things. Nancy and Robin had been there to lend her an ear and a firm hand, helping her understand that she needed to change. They would visit her apartment and explore the Harvard campus over the weekend.

She opened the gift bag and took out a black velvet box. Steve was tapping his foot, as if it were a ping-pong ball. It was incredibly adorable. Without wanting to prolong the suspense, she opened the box to find a tea set.

"Steve," she exclaimed with a sigh, "this is beautiful. Thank you so much."

The tea set dazzled with its elegance and luxury. Each piece, from the gleaming silver tray to the fine porcelain cups decorated with gold and platinum, emanated an irresistible air of opulence.

"Oh," Steve exhaled, "I wasn't sure if you would like it. My mother told me that every new lady of the house needs a tea set to show that she takes her role seriously."

Rosie laughed.

"How have you been? Last time we spoke, you mentioned being with your mother. How is she?"

"Oh, she's doing well, waiting for me to decide what to do with my life now that the war is over. She thinks that I have shellshock".

Rosie was excited to recognize that term that many doctors had found in soldiers who returned from the war; a type of mental illness that changed the physical and psychological behavior of soldiers. Among its symptoms were nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, depression, irritability, extreme fatigue, amnesia, tremors, balance problems, functional blindness or deafness, and difficulties in speaking or swallowing. Some soldiers also experienced exaggerated startle reactions, hypersensitivity to noises or physical sensations, and became withdrawn or socially isolated. Many doctors associate this condition with brain injuries caused by artillery waves.

"Do you have the symptoms of shellshock?" Rosie asked.

"Not beyond the usual, it's not easy for anyone to come back from war. My mom is just worried that I won't continue with my life outside the military base," Steve smiled, revealing his perfect teeth.

"And do you know what you want to do?"

"Oh, yes, of course," his blue eyes narrowed with great enthusiasm. He leaned slightly towards Rosie, who could feel the fervor of happiness in the air. She had forgotten that beautiful scent of happiness, it didn't appear much in her house. "I'm already 27 and not married. I should have been married six years ago, the war was my excuse, but my mother doesn't accept it anymore," he said playfully, as if not getting married wasn't a big problem. Rosie looked away, between the blue of the sky and the green of the earth. Her sincere and beautiful smile turned into a grimace that resisted embarrassment. "Well, my father has given me a position by his side to learn how to run the steel business. He wants to pass on his legacy to me, and I accepted. This way, I can have independence, my own house to start a family. If I stayed on the base, that would never happen."

"Oh, the new soldiers will miss a great captain. But I'm very happy for you," Rosie convinced herself to put on a smile. It was true, she was happy for him, but she couldn't help but feel bad because that's what she wanted so much. "And tell me, do you have a woman in mind? Any dates?"

"Yes," he said so confidently that Rosie was surprised. "I finally have the chance to be with the woman of my dreams. I've been in love with her for years."

"What?!" Rosie exclaimed. "Who is this woman? How come I'm only finding out about this now? Who is she?"

Steve laughed. Rosie couldn't believe it; it seemed like something wonderful. Something ethereal coming from a person who had always been close to her. She remembered Steve as part of her life since the military base, in the best years there. There was no young girl she had heard of who flirted with Steve. In fact, now that she paid exquisite attention to his love life, he never brought a girlfriend, not even a friend.

"She's a very special woman. She's beautiful. She's very kind, a good woman with not a shred of malice; a very altruistic person. I saw her helping those who made her life impossible without thinking twice. She never took revenge on those monsters who tormented her, nor on the man who broke her heart. I admire her so much for her resilience and her ability to move forward. She reminds me a lot of my mother: hardworking, loving, a good woman that any man would desire as his life partner. I'm very much in love with her."

Rosie tore a piece of fabric from her own dress, which she used to relax and entertain herself while listening to Steve's painful words. She felt terrible for not being able to prevent those words from coming out as an attack on her sad reality. She couldn't put on a happy face for her friend and share the sweet hope he deserved because she was blinded by envy and pain. Why did she have to be so cruel? How could she find a solution?

She had a momentary way to forget. She pressed her thumb hard against her palm to focus on drugging herself with happiness, as she had done many nights before. She smiled through the tears she held back because she didn't want to cry in front of men, as it always ended badly.

"That's very sweet, Steve," her voice betrayed her even. The pain was terrible, unbearable, suffocating her in the air. "I'm so happy for you. I want to meet this woman. She seems absolutely perfect. Maybe we can even be best friends! I'll tell her wonderful things about you, although she probably already knows. I'm so happy!" She smiled so much that her cheeks hurt. "You two will have the most beautiful wedding in the world, beautiful babies, and a beautiful life. I have to meet her. What's her name?"

Steve furrowed his brow and sat next to her, taking her hand with concern.

"Are you okay, Rosie? You look like you have a fever."

She died of embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, forgive me. I don't want to ruin this dinner with silly things from the past that I'm getting over," she laughed because her brain told her it was the opposite of sadness, even though it didn't help. "Have you proposed to her yet?"

"No, there's something important I need to do first. I can't be with her if I don't," Rosie wiped away a tear that fell as quickly as possible and decided to focus on Steve.

"You're scaring me. What are you talking about? Oh, please don't tell me! Are you going to move to another country?" She took his hand, squeezing it, trying to feel what it would really be like because, for a superhero, human contact felt like a feather.

"No, I'm not going anywhere. I want to be with her in every aspect of life. I want her to be able to feel me without it feeling like a touch through fabric. I want to be able to kiss her without it becoming poisonous. I want to be able to defend myself against her crazy ex-boyfriend who will kill me if he finds out that I loved her silently for years. I'm going to inject myself with Compound V and get powers."

Her mind went blank, as if time suddenly stood still. Rosie's life took a break from her body, unable to comprehend what was happening with the man in front of her, with nerves floating, the pounding of her heart in a deadly silence, waiting for an answer that Rosie wasn't sure she would have.

She thought she didn't have to believe him, that those words were meant for another woman with prettier features, like a Russian woman with long white hair, pale skin, and huge blue eyes. That was a woman many men would desire to have by their side, the queen of chess. Rosie didn't think Steve could have such beautiful feelings for her. No man had ever said anything like that to her or thought that their actions could have a meaning that would make Father God and Mother Holy proud. She felt uncomfortable and restless, on the edge of emotions, right on the thin line between fantasy and reality. How could Steve secretly love her for so many years? How could another man fall in love with her and, worst

of all, wait silently for years for a unique opportunity? Because she was sure of one thing and she could say it out loud: her life was meant to be with Ben. She never expected a goodbye, she never imagined living without him. The perfect wait was impossible to comprehend. Did he love her that much?

Was this real life?

Rosie shook her head and removed the connection between their hands. She didn't believe him, there was no proof. Love couldn't be hidden, just like pain. When had he been in love? It was a very strong word, perhaps he confused it with the sexual desire that many men experienced when they saw an attractive woman, with kind words and helpfulness. Beautiful girls from Russia, with big breasts and wide hips to bear children. Steve had seen her a couple of times in revealing clothes, that's where sexual desire could have arisen, and that wasn't love, it wasn't being in love.

"Steve," she murmured with patience and understanding, a cold realization. "What you feel is not love."

She was brutally interrupted.

"Yes, it is. I'm in love with you, and I came to tell you. I have been since we were teenagers. I know I did wrong, I shouldn't have fallen in love with you, you were my brother's girlfriend, but it was impossible. Everything about you fascinates me. I know you can't see it because you were in love with Ben, and I knew it, and I didn't want to cause you any harm. You loved him, and I loved you. I didn't say anything to avoid causing you any problems. So, I settled for being your friend—the person who was there for you, to help you, listen to your problems, give you solutions—I stayed by your side like a foolish lover."

"Do you really like me?" Rosie began to desperately deny, incredulous, with fear coursing through her body. "No, Steve, you're crazy. You can't fall in love with me. We can't be together, I'm poisoned, no."

"I know, that's why I want to be injected with Compound V."

"No!" Rosie shouted. "Have you lost your mind? You're not going to inject that shit! And not for me! I don't even know if I can love you. Are you insane? Don't you dare inject yourself with that shit, Steve."

"Then give me a chance," Steve said desperately, taking her hands in his, his eyebrows forming an arch, and the blue color of his eyes intensifying. "Please, I can truly make you happy. Let's go on dates, we'll go dancing, to fairs, to circuses. Please, let me show you that I love you."

For a moment, she imagined them together. In a cozy house, a living room filled with photographs of both of them: their wedding, their honeymoon, their first adopted child, a blonde girl like him. She was happy by his side, they had a large family. She couldn't give him a child, but Steve was in favor of adoption (unlike Soldier Boy). She knew Steve was more understanding; he had always been very understanding with her and very helpful, helping her set the table, helping her wash the dishes, and not making the house smell like cigarettes.

And Soldier Boy?

She would kill him.

"Give me a chance, I beg you."

How would they be a couple if they couldn't even kiss?

"You're not going to inject Compound V."

"That's not for you to decide: I'll take the risk to show you that I'm serious. I love you, and I want to show you." Steve knelt down, in a desperate move. "Please

, at least give me the chance to go on dates with you. I know I can make you fall in love with me, and then we can talk about Compound V. Please."

Rosie cried, still reluctant to the truth, but the fear of him doing something crazy led her to accept a date with Steve.

📝 • • •  author's note 

Hehe, I wrote this chapter in flash mode, the inspiration was through the roof.

STEVE AND ROSIE AAAAA WHO'S READY???

Don't ask about Ben, he won't appear until the next volume. This volume is about Rosie, and the next one will be all from Ben's point of view to explain what he was doing while Rosie was studying medicine. Okay?

Do you like Rosie and Steve together? Are they endgame?

I'm afraid of Soldier Boy's reaction, hahaha.

Anyway, xoxoxo, please vote and comment, or Toxina will be closed.

P.S.: I recommend you follow me because sometimes I announce when there's new content and I say things that I forget to mention in the author's notes. For example, pay attention to how detail-oriented Rosie is about certain things; it reveals a lot about what Ben did to her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 655 20
𝘏𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘙𝘺𝘢𝘯, 𝘔𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘺, 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘢𝘱 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘴...
30.4K 1.3K 23
‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊ "𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗗𝗜𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗗" [2020-2021] [𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘉𝘖...
14.1K 625 26
⇢ ˗ˏˋ𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙪𝙢𝙖𝙣, 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙖�...
2.1K 53 5
The daughter of one of the most famous Supes of Vought, Soldier Boy. The daughter of one of the most famous Supes against Vought, The Witch. A story...