Guilty Pleasure

By gmaeewrites

18+| We are enemies. We didn't know. -|Book 2 of Sicilian series| Can be read standalone- More

Aesthetics
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

26

312 1 4
By gmaeewrites

I wait and watch as the yellow car drives off before heading towards the side of the building, my hand hovering over where my gun lies beneath my waistband. My shoulder brushes against the side of the building as I walk towards the door, staying aware of my surrounding.

I stop when I reach the door and take a deep breath and reach out to the handle to test if it's unlocked. Sure enough, it is. I pull the handle downwards and look both ways down the hall, following my path like last time. 

I eventually reach the door where everything went down last time. I listen to hear if anyone is inside, once I'm sure it's clear I open the door. In the middle of the room lies a puddle of blood and a trail that leads out the door. The amount of blood makes me nervous if I want to even follow it, but I do.

The trail leads down a quick hall haults at an old rusted door. I press my ear against the door and the rusted flakes poke into my cheek. I go to turn the knob but it is locked so I take out my pick and stick it into the hole moving it in the way I was taught by my father. This time when I go to turn the knob it turns all the way.

The door opens to a stairway leading to a creepy looking basement. Hesitantly I step down the first stair, staring at the blood trail leading down them, and close the door behind me. I descend the way down the concrete stairs. 

I almost gasp at what I see in the room. Damien is tied up to a metal chair, blood soaking his clothes and staining his skin, his face is bobbed down as if he is passed out. 

I rush over and lean up his head, his eyes weakily open. He sighs when he sees me,

"Donatella," his voice is weak and broken.

"No. Don't talk," I tell him, holding his head up to look at me and press a kiss to his forehead.

I take Allegra out from the strap on my waist and cut the ropes holding his hands together behind the chair. And then I cut the ropes holding his ankles to each of the front legs of the chair.

I go to help him up but the moment he goes to get up he winces and his hands go to his stomach.

"Damien, I am the only one here. I can not carry you , so I need you to get up. Okay?" I urge him.

He nods his head and squeezes his eyes as he pushes off the chair and onto his feet. I lock my arm around his. I lead us towards the stairs and I can hear his heavy breathing with each step.

He looks up the stairs and then at me with a worried look, his face already pale from blood loss, "I do not think I can do this, Donatella."

"Yes you can , Damien. Now , come on," I'm not letting him give up.

After what feels like an hour we get up the stair case. I open the basement door and look down the hall to see a little lady pushing a drink cart the other way. I look over to Damien to see him white as a ghost , looking like he is about to throw up. He can hardly stand.

"Sit down. I will be right back , okay?" he nods and I help him down onto the first stair and shut the door to hide him.

I follow where the lady went and see a kitchen with chefs and a few girls fills up drink to load their carts. I walk in and head straight towards the carts , not looking at anyone , and grab one and push it out. 

I get back to the basement door and open and Damien starts falling back before I use my knee to catch him. He has fallen asleep. I tap his shoulder and whisper and his ear to wake up. His eyes slowly open and I help lift him up to help him stand. 

He raises his brow at the drink cart.

"Sit," I tell him. 

He sits down on the cart and his back leans back into me and I start to push him the way I came. 

Just when I'm about to turn left Damien's feet hit the ground stopping me. I look around the corner to see atleast six mean headed our way. Hurriedly, I turn the cart around and push us into a room and help Damien off the cart when he gestures at the wardrobe. We crouch into the little closet and a few moments later the door opens and the men begin to talk.

A buzzing starts going off in my pants and I want to bang my head in for not leaving my phone in my room. I see Alek's name on the screen before I hit ignore. Not even two seconds later, the phone starts viberating in my hand and Alek's name reads off the top. I press the green button and hold the phone to my ear.

"Where the hell are you?" his loud voice scolds me.

"Shhh" I hush him, "Your brother and I are hiding in a closet with some guys rights outside so don't call me back," I whisper before hanging up and shutting off my phone.

I hear one of the men say something in Russian and Damien's hands clench in response. They continue to talk before the door opens and they are quick to go quiet.

"Axel," one of the men say .

It feels like my heart stops when the man says his name. It suddenly feels like a millions things are crawling all over me and that I can hardly get any air in. I feel Damien's cold hand touch mine making me calm down knowing I am not alone in this closet.  

My hand creeps down to my waist band and I grab my gun.

"Donatella , no," I hear Damien whisper but I ignore him.

I kick open the door and my eyes land on the bright blonde man and my body freezes up. His lips twerk up into a grin and I'm wondering why my finger isn't pulling this damn trigger. 

I only have time to shoot one of the six bystanders before another is grabbing my arm and pushing my against the wall. I grunt when the air blows out of my chest. The man grips my gun and turns my wrist at a painful angle until I release it. I kick my leg up to get him in the stomach but his forearm presses against my throat , holding me against the wall.

I move my arm between his and hit him quickly in the throat and he releases me. I grab my gun from the gun and aim it up at his chin while I'm still squatted down.

I see one of the men headed towards the wardrobe and I immediatly aim my gun at him. He pulls out Damien with a gun to his head. I look over to Axel waiting for what he wants to say. 

"I'll get him my med if you surrender yourself," he offers me. 

Damien shakes his head, "No, do not-"

"Fine," I agree.

With that said, I drop my gun onto the floor and Axel tells one of the men to get medical. But I'm not prepared when a man shoves a needle in the side of my neck, or when my vision starts to blurr and my body goes numb.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

My head feels drousy as my blurry eyes open. My vision focuses in on my arms tied to the arms of the chair I am bound to and everything seeps back in.

I am screwed.

Axel stands up from the corner of the room, heading straight towards me.

"How is Damien," I ask the first that comes to mind.

"Better," he gives me a one word answer.

He smiles at me, staring at my arm, at what he did to my body.

"You would not be who you are without me," he says, still smiling to himself.

"You are sick," I spit at him.

He grabs my chin forcefully, "I made you. You should respect me."

"You do not deserve anyones respect," I try to move out of his grip.

A burn flashes across my cheek before I realise he smacked me.

"Who was she." I ask.

"Who?" he question.

"The girl you killed infront of me when you took me. Who was she and why did you take her life?" I ask him again.

He thinks back for a moment and then his white eyebrows rise like he remembers, "Oh! She couldn't conceive and we didn't need her for anything...so," he shrugs his shoulders.

I want to vomit. 

"Now you are... what, 24, no 23. You still have some time so you are fine for now," he says as if we are having a normal conversation.

I swallow the bile rising up my throat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

697K 16.7K 63
(MATURE CONTENT/MAFIA ROMANCE) #Series2 Previously known as Playful sins This is a second book to a three part series, you do not have to read the f...
244K 4.1K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...
129K 1.9K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...
7.3K 137 28
"How would she feel if she knew what's holding me back?" "What's holding you back?" His eyes tell me he knows. His expression, too. "You" "HIS serie...