The Dragon Master

By EfronAllard

[HTTYD Fanfiction] Hiccup Haddock never knew why he was born, especially among a tribe of dragon-hating Vikin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Life in Berk
Chapter 2 - A Boy Who Harbors Pain
Chapter 3 - The Night Fury
Chapter 4 - New Heir
Chapter 5 - Guilty Feelings
Chapter 6 - Flight, Nest, and Caught
Chapter 8 - 10 years in Exile
Chapter 9 - 10 years later at Berk
Chapter 10 - Karalyn and Celare
Chapter 11 - Council Convocation
Chapter 12 - Introspection and Diplomacy
Chapter 13 - Peace Plan

Chapter 7 - Banishment

1.6K 33 16
By EfronAllard

Hiccup is now being dragged by Stoick to the village. The strong and rough pull made Hiccup's whole body hurt. Stoick's grip is so tight that Hiccup's bones may have broken a few. They passed through the village and received confused and questioning looks from the villagers. They quit their jobs to see what was really going on. They wonder why their tribal leader is dragging Hiccup like a yak to be slaughtered.

The villagers' gazes shifted from confusion to utter hatred as they looked behind Stoick and Hiccup. They saw a jet black dragon being tightly chained by soldiers led by Spitelout. Behind them were Gobber, Phlegma and Astrid. Everyone walked without looking back towards the prison.

As the mob passed the teenagers, Snotlout Jorgenson blocked Astrid's Steps and faced her with a confident smile.

"Hey babe," Snotlout said arrogantly as he tried to put his arm around Astrid, but was quickly pushed away from her. "On an important mission eh? I wonder what Useless did to make himself look like he's about to be sacrificed,"

"Shut up Snotlout," Astrid snapped past Snotlout and the other teenagers. "This is none of your business."

"Oh come on babe, at least tell your future husband what happened?" Snotlout said as he chased Astrid. "As the candidate for the most important person in Berk, at least-"

Before he finished his sentence, Astrid's hard fist hit his nose, causing some fresh blood to come out of his nose. He screamed in pain while screaming femininely, earning his strange looks from some of the villagers. For the residents, all they know is that the Jorgensons are very strong and arrogant Viking warriors. They didn't know that this Jorgenson boy was just big-mouthed and lame.

"First don't call me 'babe'," Astrid shouted angrily, continuing to threaten the terrified Jorgenson boy. "And secondly, you won't be my future husband let alone husband, I'd rather marry a giant dragon than marry you damn it!"

With that, Astrid made her way through the crowd of teenagers, snorting angrily. Tuffnut and Ruffnut Thorston drag a pained Snotlout out of the crowd, before he is again humiliated in front of the villagers.

Fishlegs Ingerman watched from the front of his house in the distance of the crowd, he was standing with his parents who had just emerged from inside the house.

"Jeez, what else did he do this time?" Ella Ingerman asked her husband. She knew the Stoick son liked to stir up troubling trouble, but getting himself dragged along like that was something else. And again there is a black dragon dragged by Spitelout's best warriors.

"I don't know, maybe that arrogant kid Jorgenson is flirting with Harold's daughter again," replied Bufflegs Ingerman rambling.

"For God's sake, I'm not asking about the teenage feud, but about Stoick's son!" Ella exclaimed annoyed, hitting her husband's arm hard enough. The Bufflegs arms, which were big and muscular, were not enough to withstand the pain caused by his wife's super punches.

"Maybe chief will tell you what happened later," Bufflegs said, stroking his arm. "But based on my instincts, something must be weird, I mean dragon was chained instead of slain, you know Stoick's nature right?"

Fishlegs Ingerman just stared at Hiccup who was being dragged away by their chief. They seemed to be walking towards the prison. Stoick continues to carry Hiccup regardless of whether he is in pain or discomfort. It was difficult to see their expressions from a distance. All he could see were Hiccup's resigned motions and the black dragon's thrashing motions. He was sure that it was a Night Fury. Not many had ever seen the dragon in person, so naturally not many people would know.

Fishlegs was a bit scared of what happened to his former best friend. What had he done to get Stoick dragged like this? When Stoick enters the prison carrying Hiccup, they are joined by Gobber and Phlegma. Astrid, who was actually planning to come along, was told by Gobber to go back to her house and said that they would take care of the rest. Of course the shield girl didn't obey so easily, as the best teenage viking she wanted to follow to the end, but she had to return to her parents when she received direct orders from Stoick.

The Night Fury was dragged by the chains that bound him on various sides, towards the dragon training arena. The Night Fury's thrashing got stronger and rougher when the vikings brought it into the cell, making the soldiers have to spend extra energy. Night Fury let out a rough growl as he was put in the cell.

"Your place is here, devil." Spitelout said spitting, as he closed the cell door.

Toothless trying to get out of this cell. Crazy human. Crazy vikings. No. Crazy Berkian. They're just as stupid only with trolls. How dare they call him a demon. The dragons are innocent creatures who are forced to steal food because they are enslaved by a giant dragon that lives on the mountain. Toothless is now worried about the fate of his human friend. After all, he's the only Berkian who fully understands the plight of the dragons.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

"Enjoy your night here traitor!" shouted Stoick angrily as he threw Hiccup into the prison cell, making Hiccup wince in pain as his body hit the cold ground. "Your fate will be decided tomorrow,"

"Wait, this can all be explained, I-" Hiccup said as he tried to stand up.

"Nothing needs to be explained by a traitor, you have clearly betrayed your people, you have also betrayed me," Stoick cut harshly. He was fed up with this kid.

"No, I mean dragons aren't what people think they are," Hiccup explained. "I mean when I met a Night Fury, uh, Toothless, he didn't attack me. They're just trying to survive. This is a big misunderstanding. They are also miserable."

"SO YOU MEAN YOU REALLY SIDE FOR THE DRAGONS?!" Stoick shouted angrily. "TRAINTING YOUR OWN TRIBE AND RACE?!"

Being friends with dragon is already very disgusting, let alone siding with those demons. Monstrous creatures that could kill humans without a second thought like themselves were Hela's creations, at least in the Vikings' eyes. They hate dragons because they can't find and understand the fate of dragons. The Vikings were taught to hate and kill dragons. It's an ideology instilled in the brains of the Vikings since they were kids. Their stubbornness is also one of the factors that make this viking-dragon war never end. The Vikings never analyzed from a different perspective, and neither did Stoick. But Hiccup is different. He has always been different from the others. He never thought like a Viking, spoke like a Viking and acted like a Viking. Hiccup is destined to be different because he has a bigger destiny, not just becoming a viking as big as Yak.

"No dad, it's not like that, I saw them so miserable, we have to-" said Hiccup in a desperate tone as he recovered from the bruises that resulted from Stoick's strong grip and impact on the floor.

"Don't make me laugh, those bad creatures always bring disaster," Stoick said angrily. "And you, my own flesh and blood are on their side, I DID NOT RAISE YOU TO BECOME BETRAYAL, DAMN IT!"

"SINCE WHEN DAD TAKE CARE OF ME?!" Hiccup shouted angrily, his voice echoing around this stuffy prison. "YOU ALWAYS AND ONLY ALWAYS CARE FOR THIS FUCKIN VILLAGE, LEAVE ME WITHOUT ANYBODY, YOU NEVER CARE FOR ME!"

Stoick seemed a little taken aback by his 'son' of his. But quickly recovered because his anger was burning because of this child's insolence.

"AFTER BETRAYING YOUR TRIBE, NOW YOU DARE TO SHOUT ME?!" Stoick shouted, his face already flushed purple from too much rage. "YOU WILL GET A VERY BAD PUNISHMENT, YOU TRAITOR!"

"You can't do that dad!" Hiccup shouted desperately. "You and the other vikings have misunderstood all of this, they are innocent!"

"YOU!" Stoick yelled even more furiously. The mountain-sized man slammed his fist into the iron of the cell sending it into a dent. "THEY HAVE KILLED HUNDREDS OF US AND DON'T FORGET THAT THE DAMN THINGS HAVE TAKEN YOUR MOTHER!"

"AND YOU HAVE KILLED THOUSANDS OF THEM!" Hiccup snapped back. He was fed up with this man's stubbornness. They could never end this war if they continued to act like this. "And about mom, there must be some reason to have her taken."

"SO YOU MEAN MY WIFE WAS TAKEN BECAUSE THEY HAD TO?!" Stoick shouted angrily. How dare this kid!? How dare this kid support that demonic creature after what happened to his wife.

"AND YOU MUST HAVE BEEN DENILE THAT I ALSO LOSE MY MOTHER THAT DAY!" shouted Hiccup angrily. Hiccup is fed up with it. Stoick was the most selfish person he'd ever known. Stoick always mourned the loss of his beloved wife, even forgetting that Hiccup also lost his mother, who even Hiccup didn't even know what his own mother was like.

On the other hand, Stoick was getting angry because of this kid's insolence. He had never taught this kid to snap at his chief. His emotions were increasingly ignited and he now said a few words that changed everything.

"You are not my son, you will never be acknowledged as my flesh and blood, you are not Haddock, you are not a resident of Berk, and you never had a mother named Valka," Stoick said coldly. "You are nothing!"

Hiccup's whole body froze. His emotions raced. Between the sadness of not being recognized, between the anger at being treated like this and also the hatred that is so great for this former father and his old tribe. It should be Hiccup then acts that she does not have a father. Every day he wants to make his father proud and every day he waits at home to interact with his father who is busy with his village instead of his own child. Hiccup now realizes that he is nobody here.

Stoick now turned his big body after saying that and walked out of the prison, leaving Hiccup standing frozen in the cell. He hadn't even realized that Gobber and Phlegma had been behind Stoick all along. It seems that his fight with his ex-father made him not pay attention to his surroundings. Phlegma is now walking after Stoick out of prison. The warrior woman gave the boy a smile of sympathy and encouragement.

Gobber, who is now alone with Hiccup, walks over to comfort the boy he considers like his own son. He held Hiccup's shoulder and squeezed it lightly. Hiccup could see a sympathetic smile in him.

"Hiccup, I'm sorry for what you've been through," Gobber said softly. "I should have really cared for and supported you,"

"No Gobber, in fact you are one of the people who cares about me the most," Hiccup replied weakly, trying to smile. "You are always there to support me."

Gobber just smiled sadly as he released his hold on Hiccup's shoulder.

"Stay strong lad."

With that, the old blacksmith limped away, leaving Hiccup alone in this dark and cold room. He thought about Toothless being locked up and what would happen tomorrow soon.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Hiccup sat with his hands covering his face. He sighed heavily. This was the end when he found happiness. Being friends with Toothless brings back fond memories of playing with Astrid and Fishlegs. To be with someone who understands him and stands beside him regardless of whether he is strong or weak, whether he is great or useless, whether he is big or small. Toothless doesn't care about that.

But this is the end. He was disowned by his father, his tribe and probably all the Vikings in existence. Or maybe there's a Viking village somewhere that's more open-minded about dragons and gives him a chance to explain why he's stuck his ass in the scales of the archipelago's most dangerous dragon. But as usual, Stoick the Vast never listened. His head was harder than the strongest rock ever. He never listened, he never let Hiccup explain anything.

But the question is, who reported it. Who was at cove when Hiccup came to visit Toothless. As far as he was concerned, no Berkian had ever known of the place let alone been there.

On the other side, far from the dungeon where Hiccup is locked up, in the residential area of the Hofferson family's house, candles are still burning, lighting up the room on the second floor of the house. Astrid Hofferson had trouble sleeping. She felt like she was regretting her actions in reporting Hiccup to the chief. From Stoick's expressions and actions, it looks like Hiccup will be punished very severely. Hiccup doesn't even know that she, his former childhood friend, is the one who reported him.

Astrid got up from her bed and quickly got dressed. She had to visit Hiccup. She would never calm down before she visited and told him the truth.

When she came out of the house, she felt a difference in temperature. The house is warm and it is very cold outside. It was very quiet around the village, only a few sounds of Sven's sheep could be heard. She sneaked swiftly from house to house so she wouldn't be noticed. She couldn't think of a reason why she would be walking around late at night like this.

Astrid walked slowly into the dungeon. If she thought it was very cold out there, then it was much colder inside the prison. The cold air in this crowded, stuffy room made the temperature even worse. She felt goosebumps run down his spine. How can Hiccup survive in this cold temperature?

She walked to find where Hiccup's cell was. All the cells are empty because just a few months ago, the traitors of Berk were sent to the island of the outcasts. After that no one has been locked up here yet. Astrid finally stopped in front of a filled cell. Inside was a chestnut-haired boy sitting on the floor of the cell. His hands covered his entire face.

"Hiccup." said Astrid quietly. She never thought that she, Astrid Hofferson, would be this nervous.

The boy she was referring to removed both his hands from his face and slowly raised his head. His emerald eyes stared at the Hofferson girl in front of him.

"Astrid." said Hiccup slowly. He didn't know how to act. On the one hand he was glad that his childhood friend, who was now gone, would talk to him after all this time. Or on the other hand he should be upset because he's a traitor about to talk to the girl he has a crush on.

"Are you okay?" said Astrid stiffly. Her eyes showed guilt that she made poor Hiccup like this.

"According to you?" asked Hiccup, raising an eyebrow. Hiccup is confused. First his former childhood friend suddenly came to visit him who was locked up, then said his name, and lastly asked if he was okay. That's weird.

"W-well I don't think you're okay," Astrid said nervously.

"Talk Astrid," Hiccup said calmly. "What made you come to visit me in this cold prison in the middle of the night? You couldn't have just come here to ask if I was okay right?"

Astrid was very surprised when Hiccup told her to say what he meant by coming here. For a moment her nervousness increased. She sighed while holding her arm with her right hand.

"T-that's me," Astrid said nervously. Hiccup on the other hand is shocked because he never in his life thought he would see a nervous Astrid Hofferson.

"Hmm?" muttered Hiccup demandingly.

"I reported to Stoick that you were friend with dragon." Astrid answered softly while lowering her head.

A moment of silence reigned over the two teenagers. The awkwardness that resulted from the conversation between the two was nothing compared to the awkwardness that resulted from this silence. Astrid slowly raised her head to look at Hiccup's face. Part of his face was covered in darkness, but Astrid could see his expression. Between shock, anger, and disappointment.

"I-I know what you're going to say. I let you down, getting you arrested like this. I-I feel guilty, I thought Stoick would just get you a normal sentence, t-this isn't what I expected. You're in prison and will be severely punished in court because of me," Astrid babbled haltingly.

"Isn't that great?" asked Hiccup bitterly to the Hofferson girl in front of him. Astrid who heard this turned her head in surprise. "That way your family name will be restored because the Hofferson's daughter captured the former heir of Berk who befriended the dragon,"

"That's not what I meant Hiccup," Astrid said in shock. "Indeed I want to restore my family name, but I would never act to sacrifice my best friend just for that."

"Best friend hmm?" said Hiccup bitterly, humming. "I remind you that you broke our friendship years ago, and since when did you care about me?"

Astrid is very surprised when she says that she and Hiccup are still friends. But in reality she was forced to break off his friendship because of her father's demands. Her reputation is doomed because she befriends Hiccup who is notorious for his uselessness. She tried to be cold to Hiccup, ignore him, forget all the childhood memories and innocent promises between her and Hiccup. But all that is of no use anymore. She was worried. She worries that because of him, Hiccup might be punished like exile or banishment, maybe even killed in his wildest thoughts.

"I-I care about you Hiccup," Astrid said quietly. "Please don't overlook it."

"Oh please," Hiccup said angrily. This change in attitude took Astrid by surprise. "What did you do when I showed you cared while you were mourning Uncle Finn? All I remember doing was ignoring me and not caring that I was trying to cheer you up!"

"I-I,"

"We're friends Astrid, we've been friends since childhood," Hiccup said angrily, walking over to Astrid who was behind the cell iron. Hiccup's movement made Astrid step back a little. "We made a promise that we would never leave each other, that we would never betray each other. We grew up together and we complemented each other, but in the end you left me alone to face all the harassment and insults from the villagers. I have no one, Astrid!"

"And if you want to know, that dragon that people call the devil, is much more kind and caring to me. The Night Fury is my friend and I wouldn't hesitate to call him my best friend." said Hiccup again.

Astrid felt very guilty. The entire stronghold of feelings finally collapsed. She has tears in her eyes. Astrid was filled with regret for betraying her best friend. Hiccup is different. He was different from other Vikings. But that makes it special. Hiccup is dominated by brains, not muscles. Muscle was a basic need for Vikings, and Hiccup didn't have it. Astrid was thin and small too, but at least she had muscles and fighting skills. Hiccup is very intelligent and Astrid looks up to him a lot. But her family's demands made her have to act as if Hiccup didn't mean anything.

Hiccup on the other hand was so shocked that Astrid was crying. If he had seen Astrid nervous before, seeing her cry was something very rare. A tinge of regret overcame him as he made Astrid cry because of his snap, but he should be angry, right? Astrid betrayed him and abandoned their friendship.

"I-I'm so sorry Hiccup, I'm so sorry," Astrid said sobbing. "I always wear this mask of indifference, but to be honest I'm really worried about you,"

"And that doesn't mean anything anymore, Astrid," Hiccup said bitterly. "Since it looks like I'll be killed or banished, your regrets won't bring our relationship back together."

Astrid just looked down sadly.

"And there's one thing I've always wanted to say," Hiccup said making the Hofferson girl lift her head. "I like you Astrid, since childhood,"

Those words made Astrid widen in surprise. Her eyes were rounded like saucers which then filled with tears of regret again.

"You are beautiful, strong, funny and caring," said Hiccup. " It's all a picture of our childhood, growing up you just got more and more amazing. I always wished to be able to interact with you again, but it never came. I always wished I had the courage to say that I like you so much, but it never came. When the opportunity came, I was in the cell and you were standing outside, oh how ironic."

"But that all won't have any meaning anymore right? You betrayed me and thinking about you only makes me suffer even more," Hiccup said again in a bitter tone.

Astrid was about to open her mouth to say something but closed it again. Hiccup felt that he had said everything, everything about how he felt and everything what he wanted to tell to Astrid.

"Go." said Hiccup slowly.

"Eh?" said Astrid surprised.

"Go away," Hiccup said again, a little more firmly. "You don't have anything else to say do you, I do too. So if you don't have anything to say then get out of here considering that I'm locked up."

"Hiccup, I-"

"Go!" snapped Hiccup who was now furious. "That's enough, just go."

Astrid finally with a heavy breath turned around leaving Hiccup alone in the cold cell. Astrid walked away wiping away her tears. Never in her life had he thought that she would cry this much.

Hiccup on the other hand sits back down on the floor next to his hard bed. He sighed heavily as he held his temple which was now sore from the outburst of anger earlier.

Hiccup always remembers this line. There is love, there is loss. But with what he's going through now, love is poison. Loving Astrid only made his feelings worse. He had never believed he could rebuild good relations with Astrid.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The next morning Hiccup is awakened by a loud, loud voice. He saw that there were two Berkian viking warriors, whom he guessed were warriors trained by Spitelout Jorgenson. Both of them made spiteful and disdainful faces to Hiccup while muttering 'traitor' and 'useless'. But Hiccup paid no heed to the insult. His mind was filled with expectation of what was about to happen.

He was pushed violently out of the cell, as if he were a pest to be exterminated. They took him to the killing ring. Hiccup's arms were grabbed by the two soldiers. The ring arena was already very crowded. The Berkians looked at Hiccup in disgust and many of them cursed and spat at him. Hiccup is brought to the center of the arena and sees Toothless whose head is between two strong wooden blocks. A thrashing Toothless, relieved to see that his human companion is okay.

"Hey bud," said Hiccup as he approached Toothless, after being released by the two soldiers. "You are okay?"

Toothless let out a soft coo that said he was fine, but he was also worried about what would happen. The vikings were disgusted by the interaction between the traitor and the dragon. Their former heir spoke to the accursed being as if he understood what was being said.

Hiccup heard a loud cough and turned his head to his former father. Stoick the Vast, that was the nickname given to this mighty viking, gave Hiccup a cold and hateful face. But Hiccup tries not to flinch at Stoick's intimidating stare.

"Berkians!" Stoick shouted, stretching his big arms. "Today we will punish this traitor and his cursed creature. As we know, that dragons are mad and vicious creatures that have made us all miserable for 300 years. We all know that anyone who sides with the dragons is a traitor and doesn't deserve to be a viking, and this kid is living proof!"

The Berkians screamed frenziedly and insulted Hiccup who didn't budge at all. He kept a neutral face. He heard curses like 'traitor' and 'devil'. The words rained down across the arena until Stoick calmed the raging crowd.

"Before I thought of punishing this traitor immediately," Stoick said, then glanced at Gobber and Gothi. "However, because some people gave this kid a chance, then I let this kid to kill that Night Fury and he will only be sentenced to 5 months imprisonment."

Hiccup feels a bit hurt when his ex-father calls him 'this kid' instead of Hiccup as his name. It seems that the mention of his name to Stoick is an insult. Hiccup suddenly gasped in panic. Kill? Toothless? It is impossible.

Hiccup hears a lot of disappointment that Stoick gave Hiccup a chance. Some were excited to see the death of the Night Fury, some were a little anxious, and some were just silent. Hiccup also saw Gobber walking towards Stoick with a shocked expression.

"Stoick, this is not what I asked for!" cried Gobber angrily. "I mean, you give Hiccup a chance to prove that dragons aren't who we think they are, which he understands."

Stoick looked at his old friend and squinted his eye.

"No Gobber," Stoick said coldly. "There's nothing to prove, everything has been proven that dragons are vicious creatures that have tormented and killed us all, so there's nothing to prove."

Gobber just sent an angry glare at Stoick. This man must have a tougher head than Gronckle. The old blacksmith walked away with a heavy sigh and stood beside the Gothi elder. The old women only sent a sad and disappointed look at the chief. She believes that Hiccup is the one who is destined to end this viking-dragon war. But Stoick was too stubborn to make the opportunity disappear.

"So are you going to kill this Night Fury so you only get a lighter sentence?" Stoick asked thunderously.

Several people shouted for Hiccup to kill the Night Fury. Stoick waits for Hiccup to answer his question. With definite steps, Hiccup took the ax that had been provided with the intention of executing the dragon. Some people started muttering excitedly, Gobber and Gothi were a little surprised by Hiccup's action, and Stoick just stared at his ex-son in silence.

Hiccup, staggering slightly from the weight of the axe, walked steadily towards Toothless. The dragon was so shocked that his human friend was about to kill him? The dragon was very disappointed, but stopped to see Hiccup put on a face of assurance that everything would be fine. Hiccup quickly raised his ax and swung it. But instead of decapitating Toothless, Hiccup destroys the wooden block clamping Toothless's head and the chains that bind the Night Fury's body.

People are shocked to see Hiccup's actions. Many people started roaring angrily and the soldiers guarding the arena were about to immobilize Hiccup who had removed Toothless' chain. The soldiers retreat in alarm as Toothless wraps Hiccup's body around him protectively. The dragon let out a threatening growl. Stoick who saw the action, was furious and was about to scream. However, Hiccup interrupts him.

"To answer your question, my answer is NO!" Hiccup shouted, his face stern and angry. "Dragons aren't what everyone thinks they are, they're just gentle creatures that have had bad luck. Besides this dragon cares more for me than the rest of you. He understands my feelings and you guys never cared about me. This Night Fury is my true friend."

"All right, that's your choice traitor," Stoick said gruffly. "I Stoick the Vast, chief of the Berk Hairy Hooligan tribe, punish Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III who is a traitor to get off this island, he will be banished from Berk island and branded as an outcast. He cannot set foot on the island of Berk, and this punishment lasts FOREVER!"

Hiccup is shocked when his former father announces that he is banished from the tribe and must never set foot on the island of Berk, where he has spent 15 years of his life. The shocked expression disappeared and was replaced by a neutral face. It would be good if he was banished, he would no longer be miserable here. No more jeering, no more verbal insults, no more hitting from his bullies, and no more spiteful and disappointed looks from his father.

The crowd exploded. Many people are very happy. They were happy that the cursed person who caused this trouble was banished from their island forever. Others were shocked and some didn't care. Spitelout Jorgenson was overjoyed that the boy was banished from the tribe. That man had never liked that boy who was always called 'useless'. Gobber and Gothi are shocked to hear of Stoick's punishment for Hiccup.

"You can't be serious Stoick," said Gobber in shock. Is this man crazy to think about throwing a 15 year old kid off the island he lives on? "Are you crazy?"

"I'm not crazy Gobber," Stoick replied. "And my decision is unanimous, he is a traitor,"

"But he's only 15," said Gobber angrily. "He won't survive alone out there, he could die!"

"Dead or alive, I don't care," Stoick said coldly. "A traitor cannot be shown mercy."

Gobber just stared at Stoick with a look of anger and disappointment. How could this man be a father? He was far worse than Loki to be a father. A father should care and protect his child regardless of anything. A father should accompany and give love to his child. A father should provide an opportunity for his child to show his true talent, not demand according to the expectations he gives.

Gobber had always liked this kid he always called 'toothpick'. Not with bad intentions, this call has nothing to do with insults. He gave this nickname because Hiccup is indeed thin. But this boy is extraordinary. Despite the many messes he makes, he can see that Hiccup is a strong-willed and unyielding boy. He is very intelligent and naturally gifted. Gobber has taken care of Hiccup since he was a child. With Stoick busy running the village, Gobber becomes Hiccup's caretaker, remembering his mother was taken by dragon during a raid.

The old blacksmith was very disappointed and angry at his old friend. Gobber is very worried about Hiccup who is now an outcast.

"Fine, if that's what you want," said Hiccup loudly and coldly, making several people shudder. "I've been trying to help solve this dragon problem, but you refused. Be proud of your decision, Stoick!"

With that Hiccup walked out of the ring to his house to pack his things, followed by Toothless who growled alertly around. The teenagers who saw that were very shocked. Hiccup had never been a good-for-nothing, showing such a deep hatred. The boy usually only showed an awkward and innocent attitude, which made him always get bullied.

Snotlout is pleased that his frail cousin was banished from the tribe, because like his father, he also dislikes Hiccup. The twins who didn't really understand this situation just kept silent. Fishlegs is shocked that his former best friend was banished from the tribe and Hiccup doesn't mind that one bit. However, no one was more shocked and guilty than Astrid. The young Hofferson heir feels guilty that her former best friend was banished from the tribe and it all started with her. The blonde girl just stared silently as Hiccup disappeared from her sight.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Hiccup quickly packed up. He took all his clothes, tools, sketchbook, food supplies and other essentials. All of that he put in his big bag. As he exited his room, he glanced briefly at the room he had lived in for 15 years. After a few seconds of looking around the room, he climbed down the stairs and walked out of the house.

As he closed the wooden door of his house and was about to walk away to the waiting Toothless, he saw several people waiting for him to come out. He could see Gobber the blacksmith, Phlegma, the old grandmother and granddaughter he had saved during the raid.

Gobber slowly came towards Hiccup and hugged him tightly. Hiccup's face slowly turned purple from suffocation. Phlegma orders Gobber to let go of his embrace before Hiccup dies from his out of breath. Hiccup could see Gobber's sad old face.

"Take care of yourself, lad," Gobber said quietly. "Remember that I will miss you, and Gothi said the same thing."

Hiccup is very sad when he will part with Gobber. He was like a father figure to him. Gobber has cared for him since childhood. The old blacksmith had always cared about him. He has also taught him various skills such as blacksmithing and cooking. Gothi, who is the elder of the village, is also very concerned about Hiccup. The old woman who never spoke always respected Hiccup.

"Thanks Gobber for everything you've done for me," Hiccup said. "I will miss you too, say the same to Gothi."

Gobber backs away and Phlegma the Defense General steps in front of Hiccup. Hiccup can see Phlegma's sad face.

"Long live young Hiccup," said Phlegma, hugging Hiccup. Her hug wasn't as tight as Gobber's, but it still overwhelmed Hiccup. Finally Phlegma let go of his embrace. "Take care of yourself."

"Thank you Phlegma," Hiccup said, trying to smile.

Hiccup has great respect for Phlegma. She always cares about Hiccup and sometimes likes to talk and help Hiccup when Gobber is not around. Phlegma is a friend of Hiccup's mother. She talked a lot about his mother, because Hiccup didn't know anything about her at all. Phlegma always said that his mother, Valka, was a unique and different woman. Phlegma could see that Valka's uniqueness made her special. She hated violence and she didn't like dragons being hurt. This seems to have made Phlegma realize that the resemblance between Hiccup and his mother is so obvious.

"Hiccup," said the old Granny, Mrs. Bellingson. The old woman smiled sympathetically. "Thank you for saving myself and my granddaughter from the Nightmare, I owe you one."

"It's nothing Mrs. Bellingson," Hiccup said softly. "I'm just trying to help."

The little girl who is the granddaughter of Mrs. Bellingson came toward Hiccup shyly. The little girl is sad because the person she has admired is gone forever. She was amazed by Hiccup's intelligence. She saw intricate sketches and strange tools during a visit with her grandmother to the workshop.

"I will miss you Hiccup," said the little girl softly, hugging Hiccup's body. "Stay safe."

"I will." Hiccup answered while stroking the side of the little girl's head.

"Karalyn really idolizes you Hiccup," said Mrs. Bellingson, making Hiccup look up at her. "She admires your talent."

"Eh? Talent?" said Hiccup confusedly. He's just a useless person. He didn't have a talent that was admired by others.

"That's right," said Mrs. Bellingson with a smile. "You are very smart and talented at making lots of amazing tools, and Karalyn has always loved making things."

"And don't forget about Hiccup's other talent, Grandma," said Karalyn, smiling shyly, because her grandmother had uncovered her cover as Hiccup's secret admirer. "He can tame dragons too!"

"That's not taming Karalyn," Hiccup said gently to the 5 year old girl. "We have a bond that makes us friends."

"Well, I believe you will be the one to stop the war between the vikings and the dragons, Hiccup," said Phlegma softly. "You look just like your mother."

Hiccup just smiled at that. Phlegma always said that his mother was a dragon lover. This sometimes made her disliked by many Berkian, besides her thin and small body compared to other viking women. Phlegma became his mother's friend because she was amazed by Valka's uniqueness, where she aspired to make peace between the vikings and dragons.

"Could," Karalyn said softly, making Hiccup turn back to face her. "Could I be like you? You are amazing at making tools."

"You can do it Karalyn," Hiccup said softly, smiling at her. "You can definitely do better than me, keep up the spirit."

Karalyn smiled happily hearing words of encouragement from her idol. Hiccup is sure this little girl will become what he wants her to be.

"And you have to keep your spirits up too, Hiccup!" cried Karalyn cheerfully. "Fight for the dragons and become a great Dragon Master!"

"Haha that's a weird nickname, but thanks for cheering me on." Hiccup said smiling.

Hiccup slowly walked away to meet Toothless who was waiting for him. Hiccup slowly climbs onto Toothless and puts his bag away for safety. He still felt a little strange sitting on the Night Fury's back. He had to get used to it. Hiccup saw many people looking at him with disgust, but Hiccup didn't care. He also look Astrid at the distance, her face was full for sadness and regret. He turned his head towards the people who cared about him. His eyes wandered over Gobber, Phlegma, Mrs. Bellingson and Karalyn.

"Goodbye everyone," Hiccup said, smiling at them, waving his hand and they waved back. "I hope we can meet again someday."

"We will definitely meet again one day Hiccup!" cried Karalyn. "Bye Dragon Master!"

Hiccup just shook his head with a smile hearing that nickname from Karalyn. He patted the side of Toothless' head to say he was ready. Toothless shook his head with a light roar. The Night Fury's legs readied its stance and spread its bat wings. Toothless jumps and flaps its wings to fly. Hiccup looks one last time at the people who care about him. They waved at Hiccup.

"I will miss you all." Hiccup whispered as he and Toothless took to the sky.

Hiccup sits comfortably on Toothless and flies across the horizon. He is free from that hell island, but he will not forget the people who care and love him. Hiccup hopes that one day he can meet them and return the favor.

"Come on bud," Hiccup said, smiling at Toothless. "This is the beginning of our long journey."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 586 21
Viggo's nails dug deeper into my chin as he forced me to look into his eyes, "You know exactly where you belong...with me. Your my property. Those sc...
5.7K 142 14
Y/n was the daughter of a long line of chiefs in a dragon hunting village. Growing up she always admired what her peers done but deep down she knew s...
23.2K 264 40
Four years after the end of the Dragon Wars, Vikings and dragons have forged an everlasting peace with each other. Greater Berk is the crown jewel of...
59.4K 1.4K 11
Hi guys this is my first HTTYD fan fic on my new account! A strange man in a strange armour turn up on the shores of Berk. Not looking like a Viking...