Bound to the Demon Lord ✔️

By thebigpotatoqueen

Phoebe had always believed that, as a priestess, it was her duty follow the will of the Goddess Lady Seraphin... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Five

1.1K 57 5
By thebigpotatoqueen

Phoebe found herself sitting by a tree, overlooking a beautiful meadow filled with sunflowers. The sky was cloudy and overcast, and she could hear children laughing in the distance. But her focus was on a flower crown she had in her hands. It was rather large, much too big for anyone she knew. Yet, she couldn't stop working on it, hearing someone humming as she easily weaved the stems together.

Then she realized her hands were not her own. Her skin wasn't nearly as pale, and she didn't have such well-manicured nails. She couldn't find any freckles either. Not to mention the beautiful white dress she was wearing wasn't something she ever owned. But she didn't pull up her hands to inspect them, instead continuing to work on the flower crown with her selection of sunflowers, pink tulips, and white roses.

"Sera."

She looked over her shoulder to find the Demon Lord approach. He stared at her curiously, his eyes flickering from her face to the crown in her hands. Instead of jumping to attack him or trying to run away, she brought up a hand and gestured for him to approach.

"I had wondered when you would be joining me," she said, in a voice that wasn't her own. There was a slight accent to it, and her voice was of a higher octane than hers. "A demon lord's work is never done, is it?"

He chuckled and took a seat beside her. "Says the saintess."

She laughed too, weaving together more flowers into the crown. Then she leaned against his side, allowing him to gently wrap around her and pull her closer. "The Temple wants me back this week. They say I should be the one to conduct the ceremony for the future emperor's coronation. Perhaps give some blessings, I'm not sure."

His expression hardened. "Damn bastards are abusing your generosity."

"The people are anxious about the new emperor, that's all. He and the Temple haven't always seen eye to eye, so they thought-"

"They thought to parade around your 'close' relationship and get the people excited."

She paused, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. His expression was darker now, and she could see the rage and jealousy swirling in his eyes. But instead of being frightened or concerned, she laughed. Then she leaned up and kissed his cheek, much to his surprise.

"My sweet Krios." She took her now finished flower crown and placed it onto his head. He blinked, confused and stunned while she just giggled and held his face in her hands. "I've already told you – His Highness and I are only friends. My heart is yours."

He coughed, an embarrassed look coming over his face as he avoided her gaze. But he didn't remove the flower crown, nor did he try to pull her hands away. He just sat there, looking a little sheepish while she planted soft kisses across his face. She even giggled when both of his arms came up to hold her and pull her into his lap.

Then the scene slowly faded away, blurring until everything disappeared. Soon Phoebe found herself standing in complete darkness. Looking down at her hands, she found that they were once again hers, freckles and all. She even grabbed her hair, pulling it in front of her to see that it was still ginger.

She looked around, but everything around her was pitch black. She couldn't hear anything either. Just where she was now? Even when she tried to cast a light spell, the darkness remained. She couldn't hear anything either, except her own heartbeat. With no answers, she forced herself to walk forward in search of a way out.

What was happening to her? All of these visions, these memories... They weren't hers. She knew they weren't, but they were still so familiar. Like something from a dream she had forgotten long ago.

Then, in the distance, a dim glow pierced the darkness. She inhaled sharply before hurriedly making her way towards it. It grew brighter as she drew closer, but instead of an exit, all that greeted her was a simple wooden-framed mirror. She couldn't sense any magic coming from it either.

But when she stepped up to it, it wasn't her face in the mirror. Instead, it was that woman again. That beautiful blonde woman who had her eyes, who looked like she fell out of painting, who the Demon Lord kept calling Sera. Phoebe paled in fright, looking back down at herself. She still had her own appearance, so why? Why was this woman her reflection?!

"Phoebe."

Gasping, Phoebe jerked up her head. While she was frightened and confused, the woman in the mirror remained still with a sympathetic expression. Her soft gaze didn't change either when she brought up a hand to the mirror. Phoebe just watched her, waiting for her to say something else or for her to weave dark magic or bring her harm.

And yet, despite her suspicions, she was drawn to her. She seemed so familiar, like they had known each other for a long time. Though hesitant, Phoebe brought up a trembling hand to rest against the glass. Despite the thin layer between them, she could feel strong holy magic emanating from her palm and embrace her in a gentle warmth.

"Who are you?" Phoebe asked softly.

A sad smile came to the other woman's face before resting her head against the mirror. Then, she pulled away and clasped her hands together before bringing them to her chest. Her simple white dress disappeared, replaced with a traditional priestess robe that covered her entire body, except for her hands. A hood materialized over her head, shrouding her face as she casted her down. Her eyes flickered up at her, her soft smile remaining on her cheeks.

Phoebe's eyes widened, taking a step back from the mirror. That pose was the exact same one as the statues of Lady Seraphine. The ones she had kneeled in front of and prayed to so many times, had seen in nearly every village she had been to. And the longer the woman held that pose, the more realization sunk in. This woman, the woman she had been seeing in all of these visions and memories... They were all of the Goddess?

"Lady... Seraphine?"

The Goddess remained silent, only giving a small dip of her head. But before Phoebe could even think to speak, a gray mist rose up from the other side of the mirror. The higher it rose, the more difficult it became to see the Goddess. And when she realized her body was slowly becoming transparent, she ran to the mirror in horror.

"My lady!" she cried, banging her hands on it. Yet, no matter how hard she pounded against the glass, it refused to break. "Wait, I still-!"

"You will be alright, Phoebe," she said softly, raising her head. Small tears were in the corners of her eyes, yet she still smiled so gently at her even as she was fading away. Phoebe desperately tried to break the mirror, even trying to use her magic. But nothing she did worked, Lady Seraphine becoming less and less opaque as the mist thickened.

"Wait! Please!" Phoebe started shaking the edges of the mirror. She couldn't leave now. Not when she still had so many questions. Yet, no matter what she did, Lady Seraphine continued to fade away until she could barely make out her silhouette. "Please, wait, I-! I don't understand-!"

"Take care of him for me, Phoebe."

"LADY SERAPHINE!"

XXX

Phoebe's eyes shot open as a sharp gasp escaped her throat. She sprung up in a panic, panting hard and trembling. She broke out in a cold sweat and panted hard. What the hell had been that dream? It all felt so real. And familiar. And to actually see the Goddess herself? She would have thought her mind was playing tricks on her. Yet, she couldn't deny what she had seen. That had been her, that had been Lady Seraphine.

And she kept calling the Demon Lord by his name, by "Krios." She even said that she loved him, which only confused her more. He was a demon, part of a species that had tortured and terrorized humanity almost two thousand years ago. But he was so sweet and docile in her dream. Lady Seraphine even told her to take care of him.

She had so many questions. She needed to find answers and fast. Looking down, she found that she was sitting up on a huge bed with a warm expensive blanket pooled around her waist. Then she noticed that she was no longer wearing her stained robes, but a simple nightgown that definitely did not belong to her.

Raising her head, she looked around the room. This wasn't that shrine from before. No, this place... it was someone's bed chambers, fit for a noble. The few times she had been invited to stay at a noble's estate, her room was never this nice. This place was decorated with expensive, hand-crafted furniture, beautiful paintings, handmade curtains – it was practically fit for a queen.

But that just begged the question – where was she? Pushing the covers off of her, she forced herself out of bed and walked over to the window. It faced a large garden, but the flowers and trees weren't like anything she had seen back home. The colors were a mix of bold blues and purples and oranges; even the grass had a bluish hue to it. And with the sky overcast, it looked ominous and threatening, despite seeing figures walking around the stone cobbled paths.

Despite how far away some of them were, Phoebe wasn't blind. She could make out horns and tails and wings on some of them. She inhaled sharply, backing away from the window as she grabbed her head. Memories started flooding back from the shrine, how the Demon Lord had his way with her, kept calling her Sera, and then said they were going home.

And this was home. The Underworld. It looked nothing like how she had imagined. Growing up, everyone only talked about how this place was a lawless hellscape, covered in fire and brimstone. Lava was supposed to flow down paths like rivers with demons everywhere partaking in unspeakable debauchery. Yet, it didn't seem that much different from back in the mortal realm.

Heavy, rapid footsteps caught her attention. She turned around just as the door burst open. Her entire body stiffened when she saw the Demon Lord standing in the doorway. Relief washed over his terrifying face when they locked eyes, his shoulders slumping as he entered the room.

"Sera," he said, a soft smile coming to his face. "Finally, you're awake."

He entered the room, the doors shutting behind him. He advanced towards her, his hand stretched out. She immediately backed away from him and pressed against the wall. In a panic, she threw up both of her hands and casted a barrier spell between them. As if shocked, he flinched back before it could hurt him. Then he looked at her with wide eyes.

"Sera, what-?"

"Stop calling me that!" she shouted, keeping her hands up to instill constant mana into the barrier. He couldn't touch her again. The last time he did, her mind went stupid and she let him have sex with her. "I-! I'm not Sera!"

He looked bewildered. "Sera, what are you-?"

"I said stop calling me that!" She shoved the barrier towards him, which repelled him back against the opposite wall. He slammed against the bureau, knocking over the vases and other knicks knacks to the floor. He managed to catch him, but his face twisted with anger and confusion. "I'm not Sera! It's Phoebe! My name is Phoebe!"

They just stared at each other for the longest time, Phoebe panting heavily. She kept up her defensive position, never taking her eyes off of him. The anger on his face remained, and his eyes had narrowed at her as he slowly rose to his full height. But he didn't walk back over towards her, standing close to the door.

That only made her anxious, but she tried not to let it show. There was no way she could escape out the door, and she didn't have any teleportation runes. She could try to break the window and make a run for it; casting a slow descent spell was even enough. She just had to be fast enough if it ever came to that.

But more than anything, she needed answers. Lady Seraphine and this demon had clearly been... close. If she couldn't get answers from the Goddess, then the Demon Lord would have to do. Assuming he wouldn't lie to her.

"Whatever game you're playing, Sera, I'm not–"

"Phoebe."

He grimaced, his hands balling into fists. Her anxiety rose up, but he did little more than huff. "Fine. Phoebe. I'm not in the mood for these games. You've finally come back to me, and this is how you're acting?"

She bit the inside of her cheek. He said that last time too, coming back to him. Then her eyes flickered to the mark on his chest. The same one as hers... And she noticed that, despite being in the Underworld, there wasn't any itching or pain. She was surrounded by demons, yet none of her senses were going off like before. Not since the same mark appeared on his chest.

Swallowing back her fear, she lowered her hands while never taking her eyes off of him. Then she rested a hand over her mark. "What is this mark?"

He looked baffled by the question. "You... How do you not remember this?"

"Remember-?"

"You're supposed to remember!" he shouted, his wings flaring out. She immediately brought up both of her hands again, a bright glow coming from both palms. But he didn't storm towards her, only throwing back his fist against the wall. Cracks formed underneath his fits, a picture falling from the wall and shattering. "We reinstated our bond! Your memories should have returned!"

She inhaled sharply. So those visions really were memories, just not her own. And if they weren't her memories, then there was only one other person they could belong to. Her hands glowed brighter while her eyes narrowed. She had to remain on her guard. He was already agitated; she didn't need to set him off and get herself killed.

"Who were you to Lady Seraphine?"

He looked offended by the question. "You don't even remember that?"

"... I remember your name," she said. If she was expecting him to be honest with her, then she needed to tell him the truth. Maybe he would be more forthcoming. "And that you and Lady Seraphine were... close."

"Close?" The dark rumbled voice made her flinch, terror seizing her chest at that menacing scowl directed at her. "She-! You were my mate! You were to be my wife!"

Phoebe's eyes widened. Her guard dropped, and her hands lowered in disbelief. His wife? Lady Seraphine was going to marry him? She couldn't recall if she had been wearing an engagement ring in any of those memories. A part of her wanted to call him a liar, but Lady Seraphine had clearly been in love with him. She even told her to take care of him.

He suddenly charged towards her. She gasped, throwing back up her hands, but it was too late. He snatched them both in one hand before pinning her to the wall. Her eyes widened in terror as he glared down at her. It was just how he had looked when he had first appeared before her, when he had murdered those people in the shrine.

But then his expression softened, and the anger faded away. Pain lingered in his eyes as he looked her up and down. Then he huffed, loosening his grip and following her to pull her hands away. She held them tightly to her chest while his hand just pressed against the wall above her head.

"You really don't remember anything."

"What am I supposed to remember?"

"That you're mine." He dropped to his knees to bring himself closer to her height. She tensed up, pressing herself to the wall as he leaned in. The hand on the wall dropped to her face; he only needed to use two fingers to grab her chin and force her to look at him. "You bare the mark. You are her reincarnation, my soulmate – you are mine, even if you don't remember."

"Reincarnation-?!" Even though he had called her his soulmate, that didn't disturb her nearly as much as being a goddess in another life. That was absurd! Lady Seraphine was a divine being! If she were to reincarnate, then she would have had powers beyond imagining. She would have been the Veil Keeper if that were the case! "How can I be the reincarnation of a goddess?!"

"Goddess-?" His eyes narrowed at her and released her chin. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Lady Seraphine-! A goddess would never choose to reincarnate into a common priestess!"

He just stared at her, disgust and rage plain on his face. It made her shrink back in fright, her legs growing weak. But she remained silent, never taking her eyes off of the furious demon. "What lies have your mortals been spreading about her all this time?"

"L-Lies?"

He didn't reply, still staring her up and down. Phoebe did everything she could to keep her composure. But her legs were beginning to shake more, and she could even feel her hands trembling. Her skin felt cold and pale, even though she tried to keep a neutral face. She couldn't understand his anger or what he meant by lies.

He suddenly huffed, and rose to his feet. She tensed up, but he did nothing more than turn away from her. Her shoulders slumped in relief and her legs nearly gave out. The only reason she wasn't on the floor was due to her leaning back against the wall.

At least she hadn't been killed. She was still not entirely sure what was happening, but she could piece some things together. And she wasn't sure if that comforted her or frightened her more. Reincarnation was supposed to be a rare phenomenon that only occurred when a soul was blessed by the Creator. As for soulmates, she had never heard of anything like this during her studies. That was just supposed to be fiction.

"We will talk about this after you've eaten," he said, though his dark tone brought little comfort. "I will have servants come by to tend to you and help you get ready."

"But I don't need–!"

Her voice caught in her throat when he glared at her over his shoulder. "This is not a request."

She didn't reply, too terrified to do anything other than stare at him.

It only seemed to anger him more. He turned away with a growl, storming out of the room. When the door slammed shut behind him, another portrait on the side wall fell onto the floor. Phoebe winced back at the sound of shattering glass. Still, she let out a relieved sigh and slid down the wall.

She had more questions now than she did when she first woken up. While she had managed to keep herself from panicking, she hadn't been as brave as she hoped. Being face to face with the Demon Lord had much of her confidence waning. He was a frightening creature. How Lady Seraphine loved him was beyond her understanding.

Taking a deep breath, she pressed a hand to her birthmark. Though she was still afraid, she would get her answers. Once she had eaten, they could actually talk about this. And she trusted that he wouldn't lie. He seemed too upset and desperate to do so. She just hoped whatever answers he did have, she would be able to handle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105 13 25
Katerina is a 16 year old normal girl, living a normal, suburban, teenage life, or is she? Every year on her Birthday, she has the same dream. A drea...
363K 10.5K 16
Book 4th in First Generation Possessive Series (FGP series) ~DANIEL MILLER, 25 years Old, the CEO of MILLER EMPIRE. A Smiling Demon in human disguis...
1.3K 79 68
re-edited!! We've been told hundreds of times that demons are the bad guys but what happens when it's the angels that are the bad guys? Phoenix spen...
1.4M 15.6K 12
warning :- Mature content. Grace stepped back in fear when he stepped ahead. "Do it again and I will break your legs..." He warned. Her eyes filled...