Bad boy Choi Soobin ||Choi So...

By _straychu_

"He's staring at you." My sister whispered, wide eyed. Now that I realised, I could feel someone's eyes burni... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31 F I N A L E

23

1.1K 29 63
By _straychu_

"Aera!" Appa shouted from downstairs just as I applied the last coat of mascara.

I sighed, running down the stairs to where my father was sitting which was in the living room, reading a newspaper whilst Jiah was hurriedly packing her things inside her huge bag then taking a binding folder and placing it under her arm before bolting out the front door. My heart went out to Jiah, knowing that being a principal of a school must be hard but if she liked her job then there's nothing I could say.

"Yes appa?" I asked, sitting down next to my father before snuggling into his side that had him ruffle my hair and smile. "Appa, I just got my hair done."

"You sound just like Harin," my father replied with a shake of his head. "Anyway, you're not going school today."

I arched an eyebrow. "Why?"

My father's eyes darted around, trying to avoid eye contact that had my suspicions grow until Harin skipped down the stairs, kissing my father on the cheek before dragging me away. My father exhaled in relief before going back to his newspaper as Harin smiled sweetly at me.

Harin has been acting weird ever since Yeonjun picked her up from school the other day but I didn't question it just in case it might be, you know, personal. I ran a hand through my hair as if trying to brush it out until Harin threw my phone at me as I caught it swiftly, not wanting my baby to die.

"We're going shopping!" Harin exclaimed with a clap of her hands.

My jaw dropped as I looked behind at my father but all he did was not notice anything. I sighed. "Shopping with you is so hard."

"Silly," Harin patted my on the shoulder with a smile. "We're going shopping for you."

"Why can't we do that on the weekends?" I asked suspiciously.

Harin looked around as if searching for an excuse but apparently she couldn't think of one because by the time I blinked twice, I was already in Harin's Porsche as she drives on the road that led to the mall. I glared at Harin but all she did was sing-along to Blackpink's boombayah song.

After dancing and singing along to many Blackpink's songs, Harin finally pulled up to a space where she barked then bolted out of the car and before could even open my door. Harin
managed to fling open my passenger door seat then dragged me out of the car.

I sighed heavily as I watched her black curls bounce on her shoulders, her arms linked with mine as she pulled me inside each store, apparently trying to find a perfect outfit which had me even more confused so I assumed we were just going to a party or something. I had long forgotten about Soobin, not caring what he does anymore because it clearly looks like he wasn't the same Soobin I knew ages ago.

"That's the one!" Harin exclaimed excitedly after I exited the crowded, small change room that was filled with so many colourful floor length dresses.

it's been two hours.

"Are we going to a party or some ball on the weekend?" I questioned as I sighed, looking up
at the mirror standing betore me as examined the dress

The dress was plain, black. Of course. Who doesn't love black, right? It was a strapless dress that held my breasts comfortably, also tightening my waist to make it more curvy but it was still comfortable. Then from the knees on, it wasn't' tight at all, it was like a flowy kind of thing....I guess.

"Quickly, we only have a few more hours left!" Harin shouted, ushering me inside the change room so I could get changed back into my normal clothes right after her eyes widened at the watch that sat on her wrist.

I changed back into my normal clothes which consisted of grey sweat pants, a grey Nike jumper and black and white, Adidas Superstars. Harin grabbed the dress carefully before we made our way to the counter where the cash register lady was looking absolutely bored. She lazily scanned the price tag before harshly grabbing the dress.

"Careful with that dress or I won't be paying for it," Harin threatened which had a shiver go down my spine as the cash register lady's eyes widened, fully awake before gently and gracefully, placing the dress in the bag.

"That will be 2,500 dollars ma'am," the cash register lady said, looking up carefully at
Harin who only pulled out a black credit card that had my eyes widened.

The lady nodded, scanning the card before she gave the card back to Harin who placed it safely inside her wallet, then grabbing the bag before putting it further up her hand as the bag laid on her wrist.

"Where now?" I questioned, looking at a chocolate store dreamily right when we exited the
dress store.

Harin must've noticed because in the corner of my eyes, I saw her roll her own eyes then dragged me towards a very stylish looking hair salon. I gulped as she sat me on one of those chairs that had people doing your nails. I looked up at
Harin who smiled at me innocently before approaching towards an Asian lady who had the brightest smile.

Harin took out her phone and I assumed she showed her a picture on her phone because the lady quickly smiled and nodded her head before taking a seat right in front of me. The lady gave me the sweetest smile before she quickly got to work. Whilst she was working, she was placing fake nails onto my real ones which scared me a little and when I looked behind to see what was Harin doing, she was on her phone, texting uncontrollably fast.

After an hour or so, the lady in front of me was done as I lifted my hand up to see what she had done to my perfect, natural nails. My eyes widened at the acrylic nails, it wasn't really long but it was just the right length. A smile settled on my lips at the colour of a dark-ish brown.

I felt a hand grip onto my forearm, pulling me up from the chair that I was starting to get comfortable in before placing me on a bigger chair. I arched my eyebrow in confusion at Harin who quickly took a Snapchat of me before sitting down on a chair beside me, giving me a wink. The same lady came behind me, brushing out my hair then applying some heat protectant that smelt so good.

I blinked when she started straightening my hair.

"Why am I getting beautified up now?" I asked Harin, looking at her in the mirror.

Harin looked up. "Let's just say that tonight you have a ball to attend tonight."

"What does that mean?"

"Aera, just relax," Harin answered with a soft smile. "You'll be surprised."

"Did I mention I hate surprises?"

Harin blinked then shook her head with a satisfied smile.

Once the lady was done, she led Harin and I to the cash register where Harin pulled out the same black credit card then gave it to a younger girl who quickly scanned the card before waving us off. We quickly got into Harin's Porsche before she drove us home unbelievably fast.

"Okay, put on the dress," Harin commanded, giving me the bag before ushering me upstairs into my room.

I quickly put the dress on, looking at my reflection as I let a smile settle onto my lips. I've never looked this pretty before. A light bulb moment slammed into my head as I quickly got my laptop out from under the bed and went on Skype, relief rushing through my veins as I saw the twins were online. I started to call them.

"Miss Jang!" both of the twins exclaimed happily once they answered.

"Hi Twinnies!" I replied with a chuckle. Their smile dissolved and their heads were getting closer to the camera by the second.

"Why do you look so pretty?" Maki asked, earning a slap from his brother.

"What he meant was, why do you look extra beautiful this evening?" Taki rearranged
Maki's words around.

"I honestly don't know," I answered with a shrug. "Harin said it was a surprise."

"We missed you Jang," the twins whispered sadly simultaneously and then instantly, I felt home sick.

Before I could answer, the door busted open, revealing Harin who skipped into the room casually before looking at me then at my laptop. She squealed in delight, pushing me aside gently before waving at the webcam. "Twinnes!"

"Harinnie!" the twins exclaimed with the same enthusiasm. "We heard a lot about you."

"You both look hot!" Harin shouted as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Aera thinks we look ugly," Maki pouted.

"I'm your sister, of course I would think that," I replied with an eye roll.

"Do you want to see me give Aera a makeover?" Harin asked.

The twins looked at each other before nodding.

"Let's get to work!" Harin exclaimed.

My fear of her grew.

Harin sat me dead straight on the floor as she adjusted the room lighting to like, brighter than my future. I groaned at the sudden light change but Harin only demanded I shut my eyes the entire time. I felt brushes and her finger glide onto my skin multiple times and the twins asking what was what because they were absolutely clueless on makeup.

"I'm trying to work on my masterpiece, Harin had answered with a snap as both the twins were making a lot of noise.

I was glad that Harin and the twins were able to get along.

"Open your eyes Aera, Harin whispered as I finally managed to open my eyes after what felt like forever, my butt feeling numb.

I felt different.

I cleared my parched throat as the twins stared at me wide-eyed as I only rolled my eyes and looked into the makeup mirror Harin had brought from her room. My own eyes widened as I investigated on each part of my face. My jaw dropped at how different I looked yet I still look like, well, me. Harin had done a pink-ish and purple smokey eye, adding glitter on my eyelids that had my smile instantly make their way onto my face. Aubree had given me a natural, dark pink lipstick, pulling off the look.

I stood up, feeling pain shooting inside my legs as I gave Harin a hug whilst earning a pat on the back with a light laugh. "I'm glad you love it."

I nodded, releasing Harin as I looked down at my laptop to see the twins already taking pictures of me. "What are you doing?"

"Is it prom night or something?" Maki asked with a frown.

"You don't have to look that nice for a party," Taki added.

I was about to answer but Harin clapped her hands, earning all of our attention. "It's a surprise"

Before the twins could say anything, there was loud honk from outside my window as Harin made her way to see what was going on. Her eyes widened before hurriedly saying bye to the twins before ending the call which made my heart ache. She quickly sat me down on the bed, making me wear red stilettos before grabbing my wrist as we both made our way downstairs then outside.

My jaw dropped as I blinked more than twice, my eyes brimming with tears as I covered my mouth with my hand. Harin collected the same-looking black credit card from my father and shoved it inside her wallet before standing beside him and Jiah. I hadn't noticed that the sky went black, the stars shimmering in the night sky making the whole scene look ten times better.

There was a black BMW sitting on our drive way, looking as godlike as ever. The engine was on, roaring at the sight of me as I could see Yeonjun get out of the car in his usual attire which obviously consisted of all black clothes. Harin squealed once she saw him as she quickly ran into his arms, crushing her into a million pieces.

Then all eyes were on me as my eyes were still focused on the car in front of me. Both doors were upwards, the head lights of the car were a bright white as I could see neon blue outline. I looked at my father who only shrugged before approaching me, giving me the tightest hug I could have ever asked for.

"You deserve everything," my father whispered. " didn't buy the car though."

"Then who did?"

"That's a surprise," my father answered with a chuckle before kissing me on the cheek. "You look beautiful. You should stop growing up."

We all laughed as a stray tear escaped my eyes as it rolled down my cheeks.

"Yah! Don't cry my make up off!" Harin exclaimed, horrified.

Jiah took a few steps forward, giving me a bright smile that could light up the dark. "You look absolutely stunning."

"Thanks-" I paused, looking at her. I've never let the words push through my barriers but let's just say that she was like a motherlike figure towards me; "-eomma."

Jiah's eyes widened as she poked my father as if checking to see if she was in a dream. My father shook his head with a smile on his face. "I appreciate everything you do for me, eomma."

Jiah was already bawling as she crushed me in her arms for a moment before releasing me.

"You have somewhere to be now Aera," Yeonjun said, taking a step forward with Harin as he pointed towards the car.

I bit my lip and nodded, remembering I knew how to drive. Harin had given me a black purse that she had been holding, and the same one that she had stuffed the credit card in. I took a seat inside as the doors automatically closed themselves leaving my eyes widening and my heart thumping against its cage. I rolled the black, tinted windows down to see my parents going inside the house with Harin standing aside as Yeonjun leaned against the window.

"The GPS will show you the way," Yeonjun informed, giving me a reassuring smile.

I gulped, looking around the luxurious car that made me feel like a princess as I made a mental note to tell the twins all about this car. I cleared my throat and put the car on drive mode and as soon as I stepped on the gas pedal, the car started moving smoothly which had me startled.

"Can I name this car 'my love'?" I asked myself out of nowhere as I followed the directions from a small bright, screen that settled in the middle.

I focused on my driving, not wanting to get to any accidents as I followed the directions that the voice from the GPS was directing me to. I sat back, comfortably in the leather seat as the headlights were bright as hell, mentally thanking that I could see my surroundings.

After half an hour or so of left and right turns, the GPS finally said I was at my destination. Biting my lip, I unbuckled my seat belt and looked around, leaving my engine on just in case some creep decides to attack my car. I was surrounded by a clearing and an ocean you couldn't really see because of the dark but suddenly, I heard a knock on my window with a flashlight under someone's pale face, startling me to death.

I glared at Taehyun who let out a light laugh before opening my door. Trying to calm my beating heart, I turned off the engine and took the keys out of ignition, putting it into my purse before letting it sit under my arm before getting out of the car. Taehyun closed the door and patted the car with a grin before offering me an arm.

"Shall we go somewhere?" Taehyun asked with a boy-ish grin.

"You're lucky I didn't stab you with my stilettos," I answered.

Taehyun chuckled. "Come on Aera."

Rolling my eyes, I let a playful smile sit on my lips before linking my arm with his as he led me further towards the waters. The full moon shone brightly with the stars surrounding it like a cage, reflecting itself in the dark waters that had me smiling. Taehyun led me to a clearing that had small candles aligned together on each side, opposite of each other like an aisle. My jaw dropped at how beautiful it was as Taehyun led me towards the start of the aisle, kissing me on the cheek.

"You look beautiful," Taehyun whispered before leaving me to stand alone in the dark as I watch the dark swallow him up.

A few seconds later, I felt a small hand slip into mine as I nearly slapped the figure but when I looked down, I could see Sooyeon looking up at me with a smile. I let out a light laugh, pieces clicking together as I realised what this was. Sighing, Sooyeon nudged me with her small elbow.

"Binnie oppa's lucky," Sooyeon said with her eyes shimmering in the moonlight. "He's waiting for you."

Binnie.

The nickname.

Butterflies appeared in my stomach as I nodded, holding Sooyeon's small hand tightly as she and I walked slowly in between the candles. With each and every step, I could feel myself get closer to Soobin, the yearn to be in his arms once more and to laugh with him like we did when we were younger.

Once Sooyeon's and I passed the candle stage, Sooyeon quickly let go of my hand then ran into the darkness, swallowing her tiny figure up just like it did with Taehyun. I looked around nervously but just as my eyes began to dart around, there was a small round, white platform where a small white table and two white chairs were placed. I bit my lip as I approached the platform, ascending the small flight of stairs before I found out what was on the table. It was breathtaking.

There was a framed photograph of Soobin and I when we were young, a small glass vase with a red rose sitting healthily inside. I laughed when I saw a paper ring sitting right next to the photograph, one I had made for Soobin when we were younger. A blush crept towards my cheeks as I picked up the paper ring, my messy hand writing visible.

Binnie and Aera.

Before I could turn around and look for Soobin, large hands encircled my small waist as I instantly felt the warmth from the person. The only person who gave me warmth. I relaxed in his arms as I felt light, feather kisses on my exposed shoulders, my breath getting caught up in my throat as I could feel him dragging his lips upwards towards my neck before his lips reached my ear.

"You look like a goddess," his deep, voice whispered, sending shivers down my spine as I let out a laugh.

I turned around in his arms as I could see Soobin's tousled hair give him a handsome look, his eyes shining in the moonlight and his lips, not so far apart from mine. He released his arms away from my body and just as he did so, I could feel a rush of cold air glide onto my skin as I cleared my throat, remembering that day.

Soobin must've realised because he pulled out a chair for me as I took a seat. He quickly rounded the table before seating himself on the other side of the table. Soobin wore a white suit with a black tie that had me swooning. My fingers, on their accord, quickly made their way towards my lips just to make sure I wasn't drooling.

"I have so much explaining to do," Soobin said with a sad smile as I could feel an ache in my chest appear, preparing myself for what was going to come next. Possibly, ruining the best night ever.

Before I could say anything, Soobin clapped his hands and as my eyes looked around, fairy lights around us turned on as well as the music. Not just any music. An orchestra. My jaw dropped to see a spotlight land on an orchestra with an instructor in front of the group, guiding the members with his hands as the music was soft and melodic.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

He nodded. "The best for my best friend."

I felt like I just got friend-zoned.

"You were saying something about explaining?" | questioned as a waiter brought two wine glasses but poured Coke inside the glass that had me chuckle.

I looked up at the waiter to see Kai sending a wink my way before descending the small stair-case, only to watch him disappear into the darkness.

I looked up to see meet Soobin's eyes and all I could see was-

love?

And he explained.

He explained everything. He explained why Yoojin was there in the first place and that he didn't do anything with her. But what I didn't understand was why did he go through all this just to explain something like that?

"You could've just told me at school," I said after hearing his part of the story, now understanding everything.

"I wanted to do something to prove that I'm sorry," he replied with a shrug, digging into the food that Kai had placed on our table not long ago.

"I'm not special or anything," I muttered under my breath as I brought the wine glass to my lips, sipping on Coke.

After an hour or so of eating the main course and desert, we laughed at our childhood memories that the photograph and the paper ring had brought. This is the moment I would never forget. Especially since it's spent with someone so important to me. Remembering something, I took out my purse, taking out a black credit and placed it on the table with Soobin's name engraved on the card as I slid it towards him.

"You didn't have to," I whispered with a shake of head.

"Ah, it took a long time to convince your dad to buy the car," Soobin replied with a chuckle.
"But as soon as I mentioned that I was going to pay for it, your father instantly agreed.!

I laughed. "This is just too much though."

"No refunds," Soobin announced loudly as I rolled my eyes whilst he placed the card inside his pocket.

Soobin looked behind at the orchestra to see it was still playing and then it looked like he had a light bulb moment because he took my hand that was resting on a side of the table, leading me down the small flight of stairs and towards the waters where a spotlight slammed at us.

"We're not dancing," I said, quickly realising what we were doing.

"Come on," Soobin replied with a laugh. "You can step on my toes. Remember how we tried dancing together when we were younger?"

"Stop, I whispered, looking around to see if anyone heard as a ghost smile was playing on my lips.

After a minute of convincing, I finally gave in, not needing to step on his toes as I wrapped my hands around his neck and his arms, around my waist. Our bodies moved towards the slow music gracefully as I felt like we were in a ballroom or something. Beauty and the Beast. Except he's not a beast.

"How was it like without me by your side?" he asked jokingly.

"Heaven," I answered sarcastically.

"Are you implying that you missed me?" Soobin asked with surprised laced in his tone.

Yes.

"Nope," I answered with a giggle.

Soobin pulled away, looking down at me with smile playing on his lips as his eyes looked into mine as if he was looking into my soul. I tilted my head in confusion but his lips only crashed onto mine, feeling a fire ignite in my chest as I was shocked for a few seconds before I responded. I ran my fingers through his hair, tugging it gently as I feel him smile during our kiss, which obviously made me smile making my surroundings a blur, feeling like I was on Cloud.

He pulled away breathlessly, leaving me breathless as butterflies erupted in my stomach, making my heart rate increase. I smiled as he only shook his head, grabbing my arm and pulling me to his chest as he crushed me against his own body.

After a few seconds of embracing each other, he pulled away only by an inch as he looked down at me. "Jang Aera-"

I could feel my heart wanting to escape its cage as the butterflies in my stomach soon became a zoo as I could feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 75.6K 86
BOOK #1 in The Fire series TRIGGER WARNING IN SOME CHAPTERS He leans closer, keeping me pinned against the wall with his hands on either side of...
137 2 9
"How come you don't look at me when you're talking to me anymore?" "I don't think that's appropriate if I do so." "Why do you say that?" "Because...
18.3K 624 37
One mistake can make you open your eyes One "friend" can make you see who you really are One boy with a stutter that can steal your heart ...
11K 601 27
❝I'm confused❞ She muttered. Her brother, Chan, could only stare, arching a brow at her. ❝Why?❞ ❝Because a guy confessed to me but I keep thinkin...