Bad boy Choi Soobin ||Choi So...

By _straychu_

"He's staring at you." My sister whispered, wide eyed. Now that I realised, I could feel someone's eyes burni... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31 F I N A L E

12

1.4K 52 40
By _straychu_

SOOBIN'S POV

"So that's the only thing I saw," Harin said, looking at her well-manicured nails. "She seemed really happy though."

I clenched my jaw and my fists at the same time as I watched Harin give me a smile before dashing off to Yeonjun who was waiting for her at the edge of the cliff with his hands in his pockets, staring out at the city. Taehyun and Kai were leaning against Kai's Mercedes as I leaned against Harin's Porsche, thoughts scattering in my mind on what to do with Aera after hearing she had a fun day with that jerk. I've been looking forward to taking Aera out properly since I didn't get to do that due to a call that I had received about Beomgyu approaching my sister.

It was my fault.

I had told Harin I didn't care about Aera and that she should do whatever she wants. Now that Harin thinks Aera is happy, all I can do is to be happy for her and wish her the best. Sike, I'm going to win her back. Like I said, I lost her once, not losing her again. I sighed, the thought of Aera being happy with someone else flooded my mind and fucking up my emotions in the process as I watched Yeonjun and Harin, who was standing hand in hand together, staring out at the view as it made me think of Sooyeon and I when I took her out here because of our grandparents' death.

I watched Harin reach into her pocket before pulling out her phone then answered it. She turned to face me, her eyes widening as she bit her lip then mouthed 'yeah' before hanging up. Her face began to drain colour as she hurriedly made her way towards me, shoving me out of the way.

"Harin, what's up?" I asked with a bit of worry for my friend.

"Aera," Harin answered as she opened the driver's door. "My father said that she ran away about twenty minutes ago and he still can't find her. I need to go help."

"Can't Aera make her way back?" Kai asked after approaching towards us with Taehyun in tow.

"Aera doesn't know her way around idiots," Harin answered with a shake of her head before taking her keys out and tried putting it into the ignition.

My heart started beating against my chest as my throat when dry. "I'll help."

Harin can only nod then close her door before Yeonjun quickly went into the Porsche's passenger seat as I hurriedly got into my Tesla. In the rear view mirror, I watched Taehyun and Kai quickly get into the Mercedes before Harin started her car, zooming down the dirt road.

-

-

-

-

When we reached Aera's house, Mr Jang was worried sick. He was trembling and his face was pale as if he'd seen a ghost. I watched his wrinkles form on his forehead as he had one of his friends, Sunwook, calm him down whilst Jiah was getting him a cup of water. I ordered Yeonjun to stay here in case Aera appears whereas Taehyun and Kai to check the mall. Harin insisted she check the neighbourhood and I volunteered to come along which she had protested for a few seconds but then thought it was for the best.

Now, we were in my Tesla, driving slowly around the neighbourhood in the direction Mr Jang had last seen Aera run off in. My worry for Aera grew every second as well as Harin whose eyes were concentrated on the window for any signs of a teenage girl in a unicorn onesie, her index finger twirling around a strand of her jet black locks tightly.

"Aera's a strong girl," I mumbled, hoping Harin could hear.

"Our father lost Aera once, he's not going to lose her again," Harin replied with so much determination. "I'm not going to let that happen."

I sighed as I let my eyes observe the street around us, desperate to catch Aera but all I could see were houses and trees. Pink was staining the sky along with dabs of orange as the sun was beginning to set. My hand clenched around the steering wheel as Harin mumbled incoherent words as I rolled my eyes and started stepping on the gas pedal as my car began to accelerate. Seconds, minutes, have passed yet I hear no word from Harin and all I could do was hope that Aera was okay.

"STOP!" Harin shouted as her long arm pushed my back against the seat. Along with her words, I halted the car as well as my heart.

I growled lowly at her as she scratched her head nervously before quickly realising what situation we were in. She quickly got out of the car, taking her beige stilettos off and threw it at my face which I had dodged swiftly. I watched her run towards a nearby park as she quickly hurried towards the swings and tackled someone to the ground. I pinched the bridge of my nose, wondering if she has forgotten about Aera as I quickly reached over to the passenger door and closed it quickly. I stepped on the gas pedal once more as my car sped down towards the park as the view was getting clearer by the second. My eyes lit up at the sight of a unicorn onesie as I halted the car, got out of the car and quickly jogged towards Aera who was currently being crushed by Harin.

"Yah! Everyone was so fucking worried about you, ra," Harin announced, observing her physical features.

Aera's brown hair was messy, her brown eyes were looking lifeless and that had torn my heart apart. Her unicorn onesie has brown stains, as if she was a pig who rolled around in the dirt. I watched her eyes lazily travel towards mine as her eyes quickly lit up, giving me a small smile which had my heart thump against its cage.

The last time we saw each other, we left it at a bad note and I regretted it but seeing her safe, I was beyond happy. Harin shuffled aside as I scratched the back of my neck nervously, waiting for one of us to say something but what shocked me the most was that Aera wrapped her arms around my waist. Harin watched me as I calmly combed her knotty brown hair with my fingers, soothing her with words that I would say to Sooyeon when our parents would fight over on who gets to spend time with Sooyeon on the weekends.

After a while of trying to get Aera to my car, Harin bit her lip the whole entire, her worried eyes concentrated on Aera as she laid on Harin's lap, sleeping soundly. I sighed and zoomed back to the Jang's household, knowing that Mr Jang would want to his daughter straight away so I didn't want to waste time at all.

I watched Aera's body being engulfed by her father along with Jiah and Harin as I could make out Harin, wiping a stray tear swiftly as if not wanting to let anyone see her weak side. Sunwook backed away from the family's reunion as he joined me by my side.

"Thank you, Soobin," Sunwook thanked with the most sincerity. "You do not know how much Aera means to her father."

I nodded.

After the family broke apart, Jiah helped Aera upstairs to get her cleaned up whilst Harin informed me that she was going to collect the others and with a nod from me, she took Yeonjun with her in search for Taehyun and Kai. I watched Sunwook and Mr Jang do the 'bro hug' as if they were still teenagers before we both watched Sunwook leave to go to an important meeting.

It was now Mr Jang and I.

"I cannot tell you how thankful I am," Mr Jang whispered with such relief that it only made my eyes widen a bit. "Thank you, Soobin."

"As I said Mr Jang," I managed a smile. "With my life, sir."

A smile stretched onto the man's face with relief as he placed a hand on my shoulder as if telling me that he wasn't suspicious of me and my actions anymore. "Call me Kangdae ." Usually, it was a big deal for a girlfriend's father to let you call him by his first name but in this situation, I am not Aera's boyfriend or nowhere near that, I am her friend.

Her best friend but she just didn't know it yet.

"I'm proud of you Soobin," Kangdae said with a glint of amusement in his eyes. "You've never failed to disappoint me. Even when you and Aera were younger, you were always together and you've always taken such good care of her when I wasn't around."

I nodded as memories of Aera and I flooded through my mind as my smile was becoming wider. "I promised her."

Kangdae nodded, knowing what I meant before disappearing upstairs to check on Aera as I made my way to the front door and headed outside, feeling a brush of wind gently caress my cheeks as I breathed in the fresh air, my mind at ease knowing that Aera was now safe at home. I reached inside my leather jacket, searching for a little pocket as I reached inside and managed to obtain a polaroid picture as took it out before observing it.

It's been so many years Aera, I will not risk losing you again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 364 46
⛓𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳⛓ All Park Yuna wanted this summer was to have the time of her life before she approa...
Desire By DANNI

Fanfiction

74.2K 3.5K 35
Wooyoung's P.O.V. I laughed loudly at the joke Yeosang and Mingi made right before we split up and I walked into math class, but I instantly stopped...
69.6K 3.4K 59
Highest Ranking: #63 in Teen Fiction •Completed• "You look pretty fine in those jeans, but you'd look even finer without them." He inched closer to...
11.5M 318K 32
"He's staring at you," my sister whispered, wide-eyed. Now that I realised, I could feel someone's eyes burning the back of my head and as I turned a...