The Shifter And The Dragon Ma...

By Zane2343

Y/N is an interesting Viking, he has a secret that involves his past that must be kept hidden. A Strange way... More

Information and useful links
Prologue Part 1: A Shifter Found
Prologue Part 2: A Friend Found
Prologue Part 4: A Night's Rescue
Prologue Part 5: A New Home
Prologue Part 6: A Family lost
Prologue Part 7: Berk
Chapter 1: The Raid of Berk
Chapter 2: An Unlikely Reunion
A/N: Not a Chapter
Chapter 3: Dragon Training
Chapter 4: Anger and Control
Chapter 5: Befriending a Night fury
Chapter 6: A Story Retold...

Prologue Part 3: A New Threat

1.2K 37 4
By Zane2343

It has been a few weeks since (y/n)'s interaction with Wolf, but he could still hear Wolf and (y/n) had gotten better in a few new abilities that had developed, (y/n) even learned that he can change my scales density to become almost impenetrable and, although he don't know how it was possible, he can temporary become a shadow as while as take control of the will of humans for a short period of time. He also on accident made the earth underneath him form into spikes  when he punched the ground in frustration of not being able to control his pyrokinetic abilities that Wolf  had to help (y/n) control before he burned any of the forest. This scared (y/n) but Wolf said it was normal and explained a bit.

"You see, Obsidian. Every Shifters has unique abilities and powers that come from their inner flames, their names and what dragon they are. 'Obsidian' is molten lava that has cooled down and formed a glass like appearance, that would explain your accident the other day that lead us to discover your Terra-kinesis. A 'Night fury' Shifters such as yourself have normally 'dark abilities' such as your Umbra-kinesis. Lastly the power to will others comes from the fact of you being an alpha, and as a alpha they can control others that have weak minds, but these powers aren't necessarily evil just dark."

Wolf always calmed (y/n) worries so (y/n) trusted him more and more. (y/n) had also gain a few weaknesses of a dragon, for example, an intense fear of eels, they burn his skin and makes him extremely sick. Another thing is that (y/n) seems to have a fondness for dragon nip which makes him sleepy and drunk. He can never forget that embarrassing moment but it felt so good.

These abilities help (y/n) with many of his chores. But one day when he was doing more chores, because his father was getting extra aggressive lately. (y/n) was doing these because whenever his father looked at him (y/n) could see the anger in his eyes.

(y/n) only saw that look of anger when his father was killing the dragons in the raids. Svart, (y/n)'s father suspects how (y/n) is able to suddenly keep up with his chores now. Paired with how there hasn't been in more then a whole month because of Violet's and (y/n)'s deal, and it didn't help when Augur, (y/n)'s Brother told him what happened with (y/n) fighting back and winning, well lets just say Svart wasn't happy.

Speaking of Violet, it's almost been two months, and there were no raids since then. (y/n) believes she really wanted him as her child, but he still worries about the future especially about his father. Svart been up to something in the past month and every time (y/n) was around him, his new dragon instincts screamed danger. The type of life threating danger and impending doom.

It was only a matter of time now. (y/n) needed to make his decision

And quickly.

(y/n)'s life depended on it that one choice. He walked to the prison to talk to an old friend, but instead of being threatened by the guards, they greeted him with open arms and with a large amount of respect in their voices. "(y/n), second son of Svart! Welcome to the prison! It's good to see you, again."

'Something not right here.' (y/n) thought about the suspiciously friendly behaviour of the guards. Wolf growled within (y/n)'s mind. 'I agreed with you Obsidian. I can smell deceit coming off them, just like the rest of the 'friendly' village, better be cautious, but don't let them know. Just act normal if they know you are suspicions of them something worst might happen.'

"uh, thanks I'm just visiting my friend." And with that said (y/n) walked into the prison and towards the cells. All the cells were filled with criminals, traitors, and innocent people who were at the wrong place and time.

(y/n) walked to one of the cells at the far right and within was a fairly muscular man for being in a prison with scars everywhere on his body. His name was Kratos, he was a great soldier during the war against the Boggers, some of the most feared Vikings in the archipelago. Kratos looked up with a snarl but when he caught sight of (y/n), he relaxed and smiled instead. Kratos was the only one that cared about (y/n) that wasn't one of the elders of the village, and when he saw what (y/n) family do to the small child, he became enraged and spoke out but this caused him to be imprisoned in his current cell.

It was one of the reasons why (y/n) respect the man. He stood up for what was wrong. "(y/n)." Kratos spoke in his gruff, but kind, caring voice. "What are you doing here, lad?" (y/n) snorted and answered with a bit of sarcasm. "What? Can't I visit an old friend?" This was how (y/n) and Kratos would always start their conservations with each other. "Yes because I'm a criminal in the eyes of this Village lad." (y/n) responded with a soft smile as while a voice filled with nothing but kindness "No you are just like a hot headed Monstrous Nightmare, my friend." "Funny for the Shifter Calling my a Monstrous Nightmare." (y/n)'s eyes widen at what Kratos said.

(y/n) looks at Kratos who is smirking at the reaction. "What? After the last raid, you got a change in attitude, got into a fight and won, and you spoke to the terrible terrors in the forest along with the most beautiful female night fury that I have ever seen, who wraps her wings around you to comfort you when you are depressed. It's pretty obvious. Heh. Also your eyes are slits right now lad." (y/n) blushed in embarrassment and quickly made sure his eyes go back to normal before anyone else sees them. "H-How do you know that?" (y/n) stuttered in fear. "Rumours from the village to the prison." Kratos then changed the subject seeing with how uncomfortable (y/n) was getting.

"The guards have been a lot more friendly with you lad. I don't like it." (y/n) nodded. "Yeah I don't like it either. Wolf says that they are just pretending to make me lower my own guard, and I think it involves myself and my draconic abilities." Kratos seemed confused about this 'Wolf' that (y/n) spoke "Who's Wolf?" Kratos asked. "He's me....or I'm him. Uh, he's my other half, my draconic half. Or at least that how he explained that to me" (y/n) nervously answered afraid that Kratos won't believe him.

Kratos had a blank face and shrugged and got up and went to the back of his cell. (y/n) was confused until he saw Kratos removing a large brick from the wall revealing a hidden passage to the village. "I was saving this for the future when I'm done with this place, buuuut, I worry for you and I'm going to keep an eye out if there's trouble and when you're finally safe, I'm leaving this gods forsaken island, to make a new life."

(y/n) was grateful that he had a friend that was both loyal and caring and he thanked Kratos before leaving. Kratos smiled and for the first time in years....he cried in utter happiness. "My time as the elder shifter is almost complete, and I can finally leave knowing that he will be safe when the Night Furies return for him. May the Draconis Flamma guide you, young Obsidian." he whispered.

At the village hall, the Chief and his counsel had a meeting about (y/n)'s fate. "It's genius! We don't have to worry about that wretch again. And we can kill a demon in the process!" Chief Svart exclaimed. The most of the council agreed, but some of them didn't say anything. Those were elders that liked (y/n) for who he is even if he is part dragon. He was the only Child that shown interest in the art of healing and spent a lot of time with the Village Healer. Chief Svart had a confused impression on his face. "What's wrong? You look like you saw one of your ancestors! HAHAHA!" he laughed.

The council laughed along with the chief except for the ones in question. "We don't think if this a good idea." One of them spoke. She was the Village healer and the one that loved (y/n) as if he was her own, even teaching him many methods of the craft of healing others wounds with salves and such "Agreed, you saw the state of those teens a month ago. They agitated him, made him angry-"

"Please. I beat him myself and he's still a little lamb, a weak wretch." Chief Svart interrupted, no longer amused. The man that was speaking before the chief interrupted continued while glaring at him. "As I was saying, they made him angry, snapped even, and they said that his eyes were glowing and his irises into slits like a dragon before the fight started. This is bad because we all heard of the legend of the shifters, they have an instinct to fight against hundreds of warriors without no training but fight like they were assassins their entire life, and have the ability to become a dragon and we have one in the village."

A woman this time spoke up, "And we know how obedient he is to you, because he is afraid of you. How long will that be exactly? Because of his new abilities, he also has his new instincts to defend himself and not fear anything meaning he will no longer be afraid of you and you won't beat him out of it this time. You might lose both of your limbs if your lucky."

The chief left for the prison leaving the council to their discussion, but unknown to them, a monstrous nightmare covered in scars, was watching them. 'Exile? That's perhaps the best thing I heard they discuss for the boy in years' he thought to himself. 'Kratos, don't forget that the young shifter is still in danger as long as his sire is near and he's finally off the island.' a voice spoke in Kratos mind. 'Agreed, Panther. His father was a bit reluctant on letting him leave, alive. He's planning something, and it involves death.' and with that said the Nightmare flew off under the cover of night.

Within the prison, lay a prisoner, a traitor, an assassin, a mad man....and the chief needed his help. Chief Svart went up to the cell and spoke to the mad man. "Galinn, you want out of this cell and full citizenship in the village? Then I need someone to die, more specifically my second son." Galinn continued to lay in his cell. "The shifter?" the man asked. "Yes, the demon. I want him dead and gone." Chief Svart said gruffly. The man thought on this. 'Is it worth it? Killing a child to just have my place back to the village's side.' 'Why not? You get your place back on the human's side and I get to taste the blood of a young Alpha! It's a win-win!' A dark, sinister voice chuckled evilly. Galinn was dumbfounded, an ALPHA!?  'That's impossible, the boy is too young!' 'HEHE! It doesn't matter. What matters is to kill him and take his blood!'

Galinn knew that one day that he had to kill the young shifter because of his curse. He was dark shifter, a shifter cursed with a fire opposite of the Draconis Flamma ....The Umbra Phoenix. An evil entity that takes the will and mind of shifter's dragon half and cause a hunger for enslavement, power, and blood. 'He's just a boy-' 'IT DOES NOT MATTER!' Galinn knew this would happen, he was feeling it, the hunger for blood, to kill, to have the alpha's power for himself. It will be his. 'Yes, we will take his power for ourselves. And spill blood.' Galinn laughed merging with his dark half sounding alike an evil creature of Niflheim . The chief was confused and a bit fearful when the man laughed madly, but he remained firm saying again. "What do you say?" The laughter stopped and Galinn looked directly at the Chief grinning like a mad man. "It will be my pleasure! HAHAHA!"

Meanwhile at the dragon nest, Violet was sleeping with her mate by her side until she had a terrifying dream and felt a dark presence. "It will be my pleasure! HAHAHA!" The night fury woke up with a scream alerting her mate, Stryke, searching for their attacker. Luckily there was no one, but the sudden scream concerned the other dragon, he turned to his lovely mate, who was hyperventilating. "Its alright my love, it was just a dream." he comforted his mate. Violet calmed down a bit but she was still shaking. "No it was not a dream." she said with a shaky breath. "It was a message. For our new Hatchling." Stryke was confused until he remembered what she meant by 'new hatchling'.  'What does she mean?' he thought to himself.

Then a young Night Fury woke up between them. "Dam? Sire? What's going on? Are we finally bringing my new brother, home?" Stryke looked at his son, Zyrus. "We will but right now I'm trying to figure out what your mother is trying to say" He told his son. Zyrus nodded his head and flatten his head when his mother yelled. "He's in danger! We must go to him and-" Violet yelled but was interrupted by her mate. "You still have two days! If you go now, then him coming with us, won't do nothing!" Violet was about to respond until a new voice was heard. "Actually he's being exiled." The Night Furies whipped their bodies at the new voice with ferocity and ready to defend themselves and their hatchling.

At the cave entrance was a Monstrous Nightmare covered in battle scars just looking at the furies with an amused expression. Stryke confronted their intruder aggressively. "Who are you!? And why are you in our nest!? Speak now or their will be a corpse!" he snarled. The nightmare just laughed. Violet showed her fangs quieting the dragon. "Forgive me. I forget you dragons are very territorial. My name is Kratos. I am a shifter, elder and dear friend to young Obsidian." He said. The dragons calmed down a bit but were suspicious of this newcomer, 'Kratos'. Violet spoke next but calmly growled. "What do you mean he's being 'exiled'. What happened?" Kratos saw how the female was very straight to the point "They had a meeting about what to do with the boy. I'm surprised that they didn't do it since the first month or but it doesn't matter. The chief had a plan to kill his son, but some of the council were more aware of the boys abilities and wanted to avoid bloodshed and losses so they wanted to exiled him from their island so they be safe. Soon everyone went alongside this plan and his father also did, but we all know how he wants the child killed so badly and I think your dream has something to do with it, I'm guessing." Kratos said to Violet.

Violet was shocked that the village was exiling (y/n) but she was also joyful because she will be able to take him to his new home. Kratos then looked to the entrance of the cave. "We must leave, I believe that Obsidian might be in trouble." The night furies followed Kratos to the island after they told their hatchling to stay in the nest and promising him that when they returned, he will have a new brother. 'A new brother.' the hatchling thought joyfully. "I will teach my new brother how to be a true dragon and will be the best big brother in history." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 1.1K 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "How to Fight for Your Dragon" :) ... Ah, Berk. The seasons are mostly cold, the people are a bit...
14.3K 596 17
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies Republishing of How to Protect Your Dragon <3 ... Ah, Berk. The perfect island where Vikings and dragons can live in p...
227K 4.5K 34
Banished from Berk for befriending a Night Fury, Hiccup and Toothless leaves Berk and they are never to return. They find civilisation on another vi...
37.6K 888 33
It's been six years since dragons and vikings were united. Hiccup is now chief of Berk due to his father's untimely death, but the loss of one parent...