The Dark Heir - Nyx

By smplymxlfoy

Theia believed Nyx would come for her, Nyx believed Theia abandoned him. When it's time for Zenova, Nyx's co... More

1. Theia.
2. Nyx
3. Theia.
4. Theia.
5. Nyx.
6. Theia.
7. Nyx.
8. Theia.
9. Nyx.
10. Theia.
11. Nyx.
12. Theia.
13. Nyx.
14. Theia.
15. Nyx.
16. Theia.
17. Nyx.
18. Theia
19. Nyx.
20. Theia.
21. Theia
22. Nyx
23. Theia
24. Nyx
25. Theia.
26. Theia.
27. Nyx
29. Theia.
30. Nyx
31. Theia.
32. Theia
33. Nyx
34. Theia
35. Nyx
36. Nyx
37. Theia
38. Theia
39. Nyx.
40. Theia
41. Theia.
42. Nyx
43. Theia
44. Nyx.
45. Theia
46. Theia
47. Nyx
48. Theia
49. Theia
50. Nyx
51. Theia
52. Nyx
53. Theia
54. Theia
55. Nyx
56. Theia
57. Theia
58. Nyx
59. Theia
60. Theia
61. Nyx
62. Theia
63. Theia
64. Nyx
65. Theia
66. Nyx
67. Theia
ANNOUNCEMENT

28. Theia.

876 25 1
By smplymxlfoy

The days beneath the sun were glorious. Theia spent her time with Elysen and her friends, Thesan allowing them time from their duties to spend it with her. They swam, laughed, ran through the grassy fields. Theia had never felt so much joy. She felt like a child again, sprinting through the grass only to trip and roll down the hills. She felt free.

Supper came, and Elysen needed to assist with serving Thesan and his lover. Theia laid in her bed, her tray of food sat on the stair as she watched night fall. She placed a piece of fruit on her tongue, kicking her feet up as she counted the stars that appeared. She had never felt so at peace.

As if he knew just how gentle her life had become, Nyx walked onto the balcony. Theia frowned, turning her eyes down to the plate of food. She nearly forgot he'd even been there. Nyx hadn't bothered her in days, not since the morning he told her to leave his bed.

"I have your clothes for the Summer Court. We will be leaving within the hour."

Her eyes snapped to him. Indeed, he had armfuls of clothing. "Leaving? I don't want to leave," she argued, pushing herself up to sit on her knees. Nyx ignored her, marching around the bed and over to the trunk. He flung it open, tearing the Dawn Court clothes out and shoving the Summer Court clothes in. Theia growled in frustration, climbing to her feet and marching over. She slammed the trunk shut, sitting on the lid and glaring up at him.

"Theia," Nyx warned. His eyes narrowed, and she realized he looked much darker than usual. His normal deep tone looked as though he was draped in shadows. Perhaps he was, seeing the night fall.

"I don't want to leave, Nyx! I have friends, and I've been happy!" Theia argued, leaning back on the trunk when he leaned forward.

"Friends? You're telling me that the female who tastes your cunt each night is your friend? That's not what friends do, Theia. You're coming with me, at least that way you know I'm not lying to you."

"You think you're much better?" Theia scoffed, rising to her feet and shoving a finger into his chest. His skin was warm, and it made her nauseous. "All you want is to fuck me. At least she spends time with me! I haven't even seen you in days!"

"It's been a fucking week," Nyx snarled, shoving her hand away from his chest. "It has been an entire week that I left to stay in the Summer Court, because I got too damn tired of waiting for you to come with me. You haven't fucking noticed?"

Theia startled, her eyes wide. She hadn't noticed. Her eyes scanned him again, seeing the thin linen shirt, unbuttoned to his dark chest, and the linen pants. She swallowed, meeting his eyes again.

"I didn't know. I'm sorry, I didn't know."

Nyx scoffed and turned away from her, aiming for the balcony. "Get ready. We're leaving as soon as you have everything packed."

Theia felt her eyes burning as she dropped her gaze to the trunk. She didn't want to leave Elysen. Yes, she'd been pleasing her, too, but was it wrong? She was not Nyx's. They were nothing but bedmates at the times of need.

"I'm not leaving, Nyx. I don't want to be alone again."

"You won't be alone!" He shouted, turning on his heel. Theia flinched, stumbling into the trunk and falling back on it. He looked terrifying, with the wall of night climbing behind him. Nyx was draped in the shadows, illuminated by the faintest of stars. Her breath caught, but she couldn't tear her eyes away. "You will have me. I will swim in the sea with you, eat meals with you, take you to the taverns with the music. I'll do whatever you want, but don't forget I exist. I'll allow so much from you, but forgetting me isn't happening."

As angry as he sounded, Theia could sense the small break in his tone. She rose to her feet, feeling a tear slip down her cheek as she looked towards the door. "Can I write a note?"

Nyx stared at her, eyes trailing the tear on her cheek. She saw his shoulders fall slightly, his lips forming the slightest of frowns.

"That's fine. We can always come back, I- I just think it's time to go somewhere new," he explained, glancing towards the balcony. Theia wanted to yell, to tell him to leave her there and she will write him a letter if she wanted to ever leave. But she saw the hope in his eyes, the agony of realizing she didn't know he had left. Her chest ached as Theia turned to grab parchment, wiping a tear with the back of her hand.

She scribbled a note telling Elysen that she is leaving, and that perhaps she could come back again. She signed it, shoving the parchment back and turning to the trunk. Theia ignored Nyx as the tears continued to fall. The loss of a friendship, even if Elysen just wanted pleasure from her, was heartbreaking. Theia would give it to her, she would give her anything just to have someone to talk to.

Theia didn't bother hiding in the bathing chamber as she began pulling off the Dawn Court clothing. Naked, she reached into the trunk and pulled out the cropped cut linen pants and a sleeveless linen shirt. It was slightly scratchy, but loose and cool. Chills covered her skin as she tied her hair back and shut the trunk.

"Come on," Nyx murmured, reaching for her hand. Theia pulled it away, still not meeting his eyes, and grabbed the fabric of his sleeve instead. Nyx let out a sigh as he gripped the trunk and winnowed them away.

A sob hit her throat when Theia breathed in the humid air. It smelled of salt and the sea, sand and fruits. Theia dropped her hand and looked down at her bare feet, blurred vision blocking her view. She didn't want to see the beach, the palace, the sea. Not until she had slept and the pain of leaving a friend subsided. Nyx hoisted the trunk into his arms and began walking. Theia followed, feeling the sand dusted stone beneath her feet.

"Tarquin isn't here. He's residing in another part of the court for the rest of spring and summer, so the palace is ours."

Theia didn't respond. She listened the the shuddering breaths through her silent cries, the birds crying above the beach, the waves lapping against sand and rock. The dusk air was warm, warmer than she had expected. She felt the ground clear of dusted sand. Theia lifted her eyes, seeing Nyx's wings in front of her as they climbed the few steps into the main entrance of the palace. It was grand, yet smaller than she had expected.

Tan sandstone was built around them, painted glass decorating the windows. Theia peered up, hearing a gentle clinking of glass. A chandelier stood above the staircase, blue and green sea glass dangling from the arms. They climbed the staircase and went down a corridor to the left, open alcoves showing the view of the sea below. Nyx used his elbow to push open large white oak double doors.

Within was a lounging area, white painted windows open and letting the warm breeze in. Blue couches and chairs were all around a white oak table, topped with scattered books, crystal drinking glasses, a few gilded decorations. Theia glanced at a large bookshelf with a painting above it. She heard Nyx walking somewhere, but Theia walked to the bookshelf, rising onto her toes to see the painting.

It was of a blue-green sea, a pink toned sky, and the sandstone castle. A sad smile tugged at the corner of her lips when she saw the signature in the bottom right corner. Feyre. Theia missed her. She'd return to the Night Court just to see Feyre. The thought of the High Lady brought a thought to Theia, and she peered over her shoulder to an open door. Had Feyre talked to Rhysand about the lies? Will Nyx speak to his father?

"This is your room," Nyx called from within the open door. Theia glanced up at the painting one last time before turning and following Nyx's voice. The room was beautiful. Two open doors allowed a breeze from a balcony overlooking the sea. The walls were lined with a blue paint, the bed large and draped with soft blue sheets. There was a white oak vanity beside a dresser, which Nyx was placing Theia's clothes into.

She watched him lay jewelry onto the top of the dresser, but he didn't say anything more. Theia turned, glancing more around the room. Bookshelves, a small couch, a door leading into a connected bathing chamber. It was much smaller than her room in the Dawn Court.

Nyx cleared his throat as he closed the drawer and shoved the trunk to the bottom of the bed. He didn't spare Theia a glance as he left the room. She followed him to the doorway, watching him enter a bedroom across the lounge room. It was all too silent now, save for the sounds of the sea and birds.

Theia softly shut her door and moved to the balcony, gripping the stone railing as she peered out over the sea. It was endless. The sky met the sea with no horizon, no beginning or ending. Endless solitude. Theia wiped at her wet cheeks, turning back to her room. She decided to look through the clothes Nyx had gathered for her. Theia opened the drawers, filtering through a few collections of linen clothes like she wore now.

With a frown, she dropped to the next drawer. Undergarments; some sheer, some thick. She wondered if the thicker ones were meant for swimming in the sea. The next drawer held dresses of soft blues, greens, and golds. Theia slid the drawer closed, rising to peer at the jewelry. Golden chains donned with guildes seashells and blue gems. Earrings, rings, bracelets, necklaces. She hadn't worn the jewelry in the Dawn Court, but maybe she could now.

Theia laid the necklace back down onto the dresser, deciding to look at the bathing chamber. As she turned, the sound of doors closing came from the lounge area. Her brows pulled together, Theia opened her own door and peered out. Her breath caught, heart dropping.

A dark skinned female in a glorious blue gown was walking through the lounge room, her white hair falling down her back with few braids layered within. Theia gripped the doorframe, watching as the female opened Nyx's door and slid in.

He had said they had the palace to themselves, yet a female was joining him in bed. Theia scoffed, moving to close her door. She couldn't blame him. He'd been in the palace alone for a week; surely he needed release from someone. Before she closed the door fully, Theia stilled.

What if the female wasn't there to please him? Her eyes shot to Nyx's door again, and before she knew it, Theia was marching across the lounge. She rose a fist, ready to knock, but voices came from within.

"-on, Nyx. We had so much fun." The female's smooth voice danced through the air.

"Not tonight. I have a guest, and their time is my priority for now," Nyx responded. Theia's brows pulled together.

"I don't see them in your room. I think we have all night to ignore that priority. You can entertain them tomorrow," the female cooed.

"Not tonight, Cress. I'd like to be alone tonight, I'll send word if I'd like you to join me."

"You do not send word for me, Nyx. I am not your whore, I simply enjoy our time together. If anything, I send word to you. You're in my cousin's palace, this is not your court. Do not belittle me like that."

There was a sigh, and then the door flung open. Theia gasped, jumping back. The female's dark eyes landed in a glare on her, her jaw shifting as she shoved past Theia and marched out of the room. She was stunning, even in her fury. Theia turned her eyes back to the open door, seeing Nyx standing there. His shirt was gone, his jaw set tight, rage lighting his eyes. Theia opened her mouth, body ready to turn and bolt for her room. His eyes dropped, scanning her body before returning to her face. She swallowed, every thought screaming for her to lay in her bed and speak to him in the morning, but Theia wasn't good at listening to rationality. Despite herself, Theia stepped into his room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.8K 46
Completed. AzrielxFemale OC - Slow Burn, Fluff, Smut, Soft Az. Lots of Action/Story/Other character involvement. "Coming back is like swimming up to...
30.2K 1.2K 32
It's been 100 years since the war against Hybern. A competition is announced, the best fighters from across Pythian gather to take part, the prize be...
73.1K 2.4K 68
What if there was another Archeron sister? Rhaella Nyx Archeron, twin sister of Feyre Archeron made a promise to her mother as well: do whatever it t...
21.7K 273 7
A group of fic's detailing some of the more major scenes of A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas from the point of view of Rhysand as he expe...