I Caught You Looking ~ An Aru...

By lifeisstupid135

Aru Shah fan-fiction galore. We got a LOT of Aru x Aiden made up moments cos who doesn't love these two. I e... More

A/N
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter One
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Two
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Three
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Four
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Five
A/N: Book Update Timings!
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Six
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Seven
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Eight
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Nine
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Ten
HUGE THINGSSS & A QUICK ARUDEN MEME
Book Update Timings (Again, lol)
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Eleven
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twelve
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Thirteen
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Fourteen
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Fifteen
A/N Update: (Ya gurl's here, people, I'm not dead!)
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Sixteen
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Seventeen
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Eighteen
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Nineteen
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty (Woohoo!)
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-Two
Another Quick Update! :D
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-Three
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-Four
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-Five
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-Six
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty Seven
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty Eight
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty Nine
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Thirty
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Thirty-One
I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Thirty Two

I Caught You Looking AU: Chapter Twenty-One

615 3 35
By lifeisstupid135

QOC:

"Where there is love, there is life."

~Mahatma Gandhi <3

Aru:

Weeks have gone by, after Aiden and I kinda made up. It was a halfway thing. We weren't really meeting up as often, or talking as often, but we were still in each other's eyes. I could see him at the corner of my eye at most times during class just staring at me somberly. My logic was that if you wanted to get with someone, and they wanted to get with you too, then you should be together. But for some random reason, he was really just holding himself back. It was stupid, but I decided that I had to shove my feelings for him deep down because well, they were only hurting me. It's true, it did hurt whenever I knew he was laughing without me, but at the same time, I knew it also hurt for him to see me with Leo. Speaking of Leo, we've become really good friends, and to be honest, I kinda have a tiny crush on him after getting to know him. It's been about a month since he asked me to the dance, and the dance is in two weeks. The other day, Mini and I convinced Brynne to come dress shopping with us. I myself am not the type to wear dresses either, but I do like the feeling of looking like a princess once in a while, if that makes sense. My birthday is on the day of the dance, and I'm really excited. I'm planning to make a huge entrance and make everyone's eyes turn on me. Just kidding, you know me, no one cares about ol' Arundhati Shah. Just a random Indian girl that's totally ordinary.

Totally ordinary.

Rudy recently got a car for his 16th birthday, and gods, he's been obsessed with it. I mean, I would be obsessed with driving too if I just got my own license, but unfortunately that's in another few months. I have to wait patiently for a little longer. According to Mini, Rudy's been looking for excuses to drive his extravagant vehicle, so me, being the absolute genius I am, decided to take advantage of the situation and have Rudy drive us around the city while we looked for some dresses. I've never really looked for dresses for any dance in general, because there's usually something simple and comfortable at home to wear. Plus, it's not like anyone's gonna be looking at me or for me, I'm just there to have fun. But this dance was different. It was a Valentine's dance, and I had a date, and it was on my birthday. It was just a huge sign from the universe to do something, so I am.

"I still can't believe you guys dragged me here," Brynne said, groaning next to me in her seat, "I'm not gonna wear a stupid piece of cloth in which I don't feel comfortable in!"

"Brynne," Mini started in the front seat next to Rudy, "You do know that Hira is coming, right?"

Brynne blanked beside me for a split second, no expression on her face. In a split second, her skin became red as she found out this fact.

"WHAT?!" She yelled, freaking out.

The car swerved for a moment as Rudy got spooked from Brynne's sudden outcry. "JESUS! NO NEED TO YELL! I WAS ABOUT TO CRASH MY BABY!"

I facepalmed and shook my head while chuckling. "Hira's coming to the dance as your date, dummy. She told you on the call, remember?"

"NO! I DON'T REMEMBER!" She panicked, running a hand through her hair.

I glanced at Mini and Rudy in the rearview mirror then back at my best friend that was horrified while sitting next to me.

"We were all on a call on your phone in your room while she told you??" I said, trying to jog her memory, "You said yes???"

She shook her head. "Sorry. I must've been plagued with other thoughts. My heads been a mess lately."

I furrowed my brows in concern. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No," She said, shaking her head again, "It's fine."

I looked at Mini in worry, and her eyes told me she was also uneasy due to this. Brynne wasn't the best about opening up about her feelings, because she usually just tries to 'fight them' or 'deal with them.' While these are things every human says to themselves, Brynne was the type to say them all the time. It wasn't healthy whatsoever.

"Well," Mini said to Brynne while looking through the mirror, "If you need to talk, remember that we're right here."

At the same time, we pulled up to the mall. Rudy parked the car and watched us go outside.

"Aight," He said, "See ya soon! Call me when you need to be picked up. I'll be at Aiden's. He said he needs me there apparently."

I stiffened, hearing Aiden's name. Rudy leaned out of the car door window to plant a kiss on Mini's cheek, and her face reddened, obviously embarrassed at the show of affection from her lover in public. "Okay, drive safely."

"Love you!" He called, driving away.

Mini put her head in her hands to hide the blush forming on her face. I grinned, seeing that my sister was so happy.

"C'mon, sistahs, we got some dress shopping and impressing to do!" I said, grabbing the two girls by their shoulder's lovingly and heading inside the mall.

^^^

"Okay, I'm coming out," Brynne said, slowly walking out of the dressing room.

We've been at the mall for at least an hour now. Mini had already picked out what she was going to wear to the dance, and obviously, it's amazing. It was a lilac dress that was knee-length and very poofy, with off-shoulder elegant straps and a bustier to make it all look better. A big bow was located in the back to tie the dress' look all together, and boy, did it just suit Mini so much. We were currently in the middle of picking out the outfit that Brynne was going to wear, and then they both were going to pick some things out for me and I would have to try the outfits on for them to judge. Brynne came out wearing a long gown the color of midnight, or the color of dark blue ink splattered across a poem. It was made of a light, silk-like material, with thin straps and a loose front as style. From the lower thigh down it slit into a cut, revealing part of her leg. The dress looked amazing on her.

"Brynne..." Mini said in astonishment, "Gods, you look absolutely gorgeous!! I knew my choice would fit you perfectly!"

Brynne rolled her eyes. "Yeah I know it looks good, duh, I'm wearing it,"

"Yeah, dude, it looks awesome," I said, chuckling to myself, "The color suits you really well!"

Brynne shrugged, sitting down on a bench in front of us. "I like it, it's just that... I don't wear dresses, you guys, it's not me. I'd be much more comfortable in pants, if I'm being honest."

I thought to myself for a quick moment, thinking of what to look for. Beside me, Mini suddenly clapped her hands in joy and ran over to a rack with more clothes on it before coming back with another outfit in hand. She shoved the costume in Brynne's hand and pushed her inside the dressing room once more. Moments later, Brynne came out of the dressing room with a much happier look on her face. I glanced at what she was wearing, and immediately decided this was much more her style. It was the same color as the previous garment, but this time it was a jumpsuit with wide legs and a skirt overlay in the back. It was really cute on her, and she seemed to approve of it as well.

"I've decided this is the one!" Brynne said, grinning.

Mini pumped her fist in the air in triumph. "I'm the best. I swear to god, I'm the best."

I smiled at them both and nodded in approval. Now it was my turn for them to go off and pick out dresses for me. I waited patiently for them to come back, and they did after a good ten minutes. The girls both dragged me inside of the changing room and put the outfits down before going out with grins on their faces. Let's just say that I was scared for my life.

^^^

"Alright y'all, this is the last dress I'm trying on," I groaned in exhaustion.

Outside I could hear Mini's squeals and Brynne's foot repeatedly tapping on the floor. I looked in the mirror one last time to see what I was wearing. It was really extravagant and extra, to sum it up all in two words. It was a voluminous black dress, tea length, soft and comfy at the same time due to the satin fabric. It had a heart bodice and the waistline was embellished with gold leaves all around, acting like a little belt, and from that point on from the dress it poofed out and ended before my ankles. The dress was held up with two straps, and were tied in bows on the tops of my shoulders. The lower part of the skirt was also dusted with subtle golden shimmers. It looked really pretty, and for the first time, I looked in the mirror and saw myself as a decent young lady with a beautiful dress. I stepped outside and did a twirl in front of Mini and Brynne and they just sat on the bench, jaws dropped.

"Dude..." Brynne started, gesturing towards me, "You look amazing in this... This has to be the one."

Mini squealed and jumped up and down in joy. "YAY!! MY BEAUTIFUL BEST FRIEND IS WEARING FASHIONABLE CLOTHES!!!"

I grinned, happy that they both approved. "Okay, let me put this back on the hanger and we can go to the register immediately after!"

^^^

Mini, Brynne and I have been waiting outside in the parking lot with our giant bags protecting our clothes in hand while waiting for Rudy to pick us up for the past five minutes. This year, February has been pretty cold, and I'm pretty sure it's going to snow sometime soon. Maybe it'll snow on my birthday, who knows?

"Ah," Mini said, waving to a car that was pulling up into the parking lot, "There's Rudy!"

We waited for a few seconds for him to pull up and then got inside the car.

"It's pretty chilly outside, nah?" Rudy asked while we sat in our seats, "Also, do you need me to drop y'all anywhere else?"

"Nah man, I jus' wanna go home and crash on my bed. I'm so tired!!" I replied, yawning and throwing my arms back to stretch, "It's been a week, hasn't it?"

Brynne nodded beside me, the blue light of her phone glowing on her face. "Yeah, I hate Mrs. D's major grade tests, it's like she is trying to fail us. If not that, kill us."

"I'm sure she's just preparing us for the other upcoming tests, Brynne, I don't think she'd fail us if anything. Killing? Heck no!" Mini said, brows furrowing in concern and confusion.

Brynne grinned. "I was exaggerating my sentence, Mini, and also, I'm pretty sure she hates my guts."

Mini's face relaxed, as she finally understood what Brynne said. "Ohhh okay. And that's true by the way, she told me she didn't like your behavior that one time she invited me to sit with her in the teacher's lounge for lunch."

I howled with laughter. "IMAGINE BEING HATED BY A TEACHER!!"

Brynne slapped my arm playfully, but her slaps are a little hard sometimes. I recoiled, rubbing my injured shoulder.

"OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" I yelled.

The car swerved again.

"STAHP YELLING!" Rudy shrieked, "I'm about to hurt my baby!"

"If you keep referring to your car as your baby I'm going to hurt you." Brynne said, cracking her knuckles.

The whole car ride home was silent.

^^^

We pulled up to my house. We'd already dropped Brynne off at her house, and Mini and Rudy were just planning to head to the park together for 'alone time.'

I snickered at them. "Alone time?"

Mini blushed. "N-NO! Rudy has the wrong idea."

"Mhmm," I replied, "Sureeee..."

I stepped out of the car and waved them goodbye, and when they drove away, I was met with a tall handsome boy standing on his driveway across from me, smiling straight at me.

"Hey..." He said slowly, waving at me.

Pardon me if i had any mistakes in here, i've been a little lazy nowadays so i haven't really checked much lmao!

How are y'all's summer's goin' so farrrr??

I promise i see y'all's comments i just haven't been in the right mind lately to reply to all of em!!

I do appreciate them a lot tho lmao they make me laugh all the time!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCHHHH

Enjoy your day/night!

Love, 

Mona✨🌕✨

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 193 25
(After NOI) Ever since defeating the Sleeper, Aru Shah's dreams have been plagued with nightmares. However, she soon realizes that they're not regula...
20.3K 143 27
ARUDEN ONESHOTS!! I own nothing, all characters belong to QUEEN ROSHANI Please, do not steal these ideas as they are mine. If you do want to take ins...
71.8K 587 41
Some Oneshots that include Aru Shah and the gang! Requests are open! If you have a request or suggestion comment them or message me!! Disclaimer: Al...
21.1K 144 18
Hey guys! These are some oneshots and short stories about the Aru Shah series. A lot of Aruden, since they're my OTP. This is my first time publishin...