Emerge the Dragonborn | The H...

Por evenstar_

"To fight evil; you must first understand the dark." From the blood of dragons, a child shall rise, Born of... Mais

A.N
The Cast
The Prophecy
Prologue
- An Unexpected Journey -
Chapter 1 - Songs of Spring
Chapter 2 - A Choice
Chapter 3 - Mister Boggins
Chapter 4 - A Burglar
Chapter 5 - Home Is Behind
Chapter 6 - Braids and Bows
Chapter 7 - Troll Supper
Chapter 8 - Warg Chase
Chapter 9 - Rivendell
Chapter 11 - A Life in Imladris
Chapter 12 - Moon Runes
Chapter 13 - The White Council
Chapter 14 - Thunder Battle
Chapter 15 - The Fever
Chapter 16 - The Emergence
Chapter 17 - Down in Goblin Town
Chapter 18 - Daylight
Chapter 19 - Through The Flames
Chapter 20 - The Great Eagles
Chapter 21 - To The Skies
- The Desolation of Smaug -
Chapter 1 - The Journey Goes On
Chapter 2 - Santuary
Chapter 3 - House of Beorn
Chapter 4 - Threshhold of Shadows
Chapter 5 - Dark of Mirkwood
Chapter 6 - Arachnophobia
Chapter 7 - The Wooldand Realm
Chapter 8 - The Young Prince
Chapter 9 - The Feast of Starlight
Chapter 10 - A Fate Inescapable
Chapter 11 - Barrel Riders
Chapter 12 - A Bargeman
Chapter 13 - Laketown
Chapter 14 - Welcome
Chapter 15 - Ruins
Chapter 16 - Erebor
Chapter 17 - A Dragon Hoard
A.N

Chapter 10 - Night Stroll

246 7 0
Por evenstar_

       Many weeks had been since Anaynah had the luxury of having a bath. A shock it was to her, but the warm water soothing her aching muscles were enough to shut all her thoughts off. As much as she wanted to spend hours in the warm water, she knew her presence would be anticipated upon. Surely the Dwarves would be wondering why she got separated from them.
Without wasting more time, she changed into a fresh set of clothes and made her way through the halls.

Anaynah made her way up to the open dining area atop the balcony. Lindir stood in the door frame, ready to greet her.

"Nîn meleth, Anaynah. [My Lady Anaynah]" The Ellon bowed her head slightly as she approached, "It is a pleasure to be able to welcome you again."

"Ae annethiel i chîn, Lindir. Aníron le nîn galar i hûn adlego. [Most thanks to you, Lindir. I too am thrilled to see you again.]"Anaynah too returned a nod of her head to the kind Elf. She continued through the door frame into the open dinning area that overlooked the valley.

There she found the Company sitting around a table, picking at their food in disgust. They ceased however when they saw the female approach them.
They were in awe. She walked towards them, a veltly green Elven gown flowed around her, hugging her slender waist. Her collar bones exposed and the neckline sank down to her navel, the sleeves almost dragging at the floor, her hair still let down damp, her face fresh.
None of them had seen her in such raw beauty before. In awe they, gaped as she reached them.
One of the Dwarfs eyes lingered a bit longer, entranced by her radiant aura.

"Well, well, well." Bofur taunted as Anaynah came up behind him. She scoffed as she pushed his hat forward over his face, "I see your wound has been taken care of?"

"Indeed, Lord Elrond is one of the most skilled healers in Middle Earth."

"You gave us a right scare there, lass," Dwalin spoke up from across the table with a cheeky smile towards her.

"Aye, she's tougher than most of you it seems." Fili chimed in from beside Dwalin as he raised his glass towards her causing Anaynah to beam brightly.

She turned to look at the next face beside Bofur. Kili appeared to be in his own entrance, sending a cheeky wink in direction of the Elleth playing the harp. 

"What's your problem?" Anaynah raised an eyebrow, pulling Kili's gaze away from the Elleth. He turned to see Anaynah, Bofur and Dwalin, all giving him the same look. 

"I can't say I fancy Elf maids myself. Too thin. They're all highcheekbones and creamy skin. Not enough facial hair for me. Although, that one there is not bad." Kili announced as he cocked his head to a passing Elf. Anaynah stiffed a laugh.

"Um, Kili my friend, how do I put this..." Anaynah began.

"That's not an Elf maid." Said Dwalin with a wink. The Elf turned to reveal he was indeed not a maiden. Shocked, the prince turned back around to the table who all roared with laughter.

"It's funny." Kill picked at his food in embarrassment, his face most priceless.

Seconds later, Anaynah saw that Gandalf, Thorin and Elrond had been seated at their own taller table, with one extra seat which belonged to her as there was no extra space around the table she was currently at. So with a huff she made her way there.

"This is Orckist, The Goblin Clever." Anaynah sat down at her chair between Thorin and Gandalf to Elrond enlightening them to the swords they found, he carefully examined it blade, "forged by the High Elves of the West. My kin. May it serve you well." He handed the blade back to Thorin who accepted it gratefully.
Anaynah's sipped at her wine as she listened intently.

"And this is Glamdring." Elromd grabbed Gandalfs sword next, pulling it several inches put of it's sheath, "Foe-hammer. The sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were made for the Goblin wars in the First Age."
Anaynah's brows went up in astonishment. These blade were legendary.
How Anaynah longed to carry a renowned blade herself. As a child, she would read much about the history of Middle Earth and she indeed came across these famous blades. Though hers too was of Elven make, it was nothing in comparison to these fine weapons.
Elrond handed back Glamdring back to it's new owner, now an inquiring look on him.
"How did you come by these?"

"We found them in a troll hoard on the Great East Road, shortly before we were ambushed by Orcs!" Gandalf replied.

"And what were you doing on the Great East Road."

No one replied. Thorin, looking perturbed, rose from him seat.

"Excuse me." he then left to join his own kin.

Anaynah eagerly ate her greens, though Bombur's food was delicious and hearty and the road, a healthy change it was to have vegetables.

"13 Dwarves, a halfing and a Ranger. Strange travelling companions, Gandalf." The Elven Lord observed as he raised his goblet of wine to his lips. Anaynah couldn't help but agree.

"These are the descendants of the House of Durin." The Wizard explained, "they're noble, decent folk. And surprisingly cultured. They've got a deep love of the arts."

Well...

"Change the tune, why don't you? I feel like I'm at a funeral!"

"Did somebody die?"

"Alright lads, there's only one thing for it."

All eyes fell upon Bofur who now stood on top of a pedestal placed between two of the dinning tables. Anaynah grimaced as she rubbed her forehead. She loved these Dwarves to death, but they did sometimes have a knack for making a spectacle.

"Theeeeeeres annnnnnn inn, there's an inn a merry old inn, beneath an old grey hill,
And there they brew a beer so brown
That the Man in the Moon himself came down
one night to drink his fill."

Bofur began to sing the shanty, soon the rest of the Company joined.

Food had now began to be thrown, sent flying across the courtyard. Anaynah's could merely watch in horror, jumping slightly when a piece of bread went flying past Elronds head. Gandalf too mortified.

"The ostler has a tipsy cat
that plays a five-stringed fiddle;
And up and down he runs his bow,
Now squeaking high, now purring low,
now sawing in the middle.

So the cat on his fiddle played hey-diddle-diddle,
a jig that would wake the dead:
He squeaked and sawed and quickened the tune,
While the landlord shook the Man in the Moon:
"It's after three!" he said."

Roars of cheers and laughter sounded as Bofur wrapped up his much-improved entertainment in his eyes. More food now had laid on the floor and walls than it did in their stomachs.

Anaynah finally let out a smile as she finished the last of her wine, looking at the priceless face of Lindir who was most horrified at this kind of behaviour.

"Well, I believe there is much to talk about then, Mithrandir." ElroNd began.

"Much indeed." Gandalf replied.

Anaynah's turned away from the Dwarves to see Gandalf and Elrond both gazing at her.
What did I do, now?

______

Night had fallen over the Hidden Valley.

The moon was bright and the stars twinkled lustrously in the sky. Anaynah walked along a winding path, lined with trees and flowers, and could hear the sound of the nearby waterfalls that surrounded the valley.
The Ranger had left the presence of the Company for her own solitude, for her head was riddled with many thoughts.
The air cool and fresh, she feel a sense of harmony and serenity wash over her. As she continued on, she could see the soft glow of lamps and candles coming from the windows of the houses and buildings around, and hear the distant sound of music and laughter. She inhaled the scent of flowers and the fresh mountain air.
She felt a sense of familiarity and nostalgia wash over her. the distant sound of Elves singing, their voices harmonizing in a beautiful melody. A feel a sense of awe and wonder, knowing that she was in the presence of such incredible beauty and magic.

"I thought I might find you out here."

Anaynah's snapped her head in direction of the voice, startled.
The Elven Lord emerged from the shadows, making his way to the female.
"You always did like hiding in these gardens."
Anaynah broke a soft smile at his words, ""Aur hen ú-gannen? [Walk with me?]"
He requested as he motioned her to join him. Nodding, she slowly walked up beside him, side by side strolling through the gardens at this late hour.
"It seems you have been avoiding me." Elrond began, Anaynah struggled to respond.

"I have not been meaning to." She spoke, just above a whisper. Elrond smiled sadly as he knew it was a lie. He looked around the gardens as a memory occurred in his mind.

"I remember when you would run through these halls and paths, causing trouble for everyone all-around you. A mischievous little thing you were." Elrond indulged her in the memory that stirred, speaking with humour causing her too to chuckle,

"A long time ago it was."

"A long time indeed, and I can see now you have grown into a beautiful, strong warrior." Elrond stopped in his tracks, compelling Anaynah to do the same. Now facing each other, he smiled with sorrow, "They are not here, if that is what you are wondering. Arwen has travelled to Lothlórien whilst Elladan and Elohir are currently with the Dúnedain." Anaynah slightly relaxed at the thought, however, hurt as a small part of her craved to see them all again.

"I miss them greatly." The Ranger admitted with a thought of regret.

"As do they. Their hearts were broken the day you left." his words solemn, "he does not blame you."
Guilt struck her sharp, like a dagger sinking deep within her gut.
"I too have never blamed you. But I know you blame yourself. Si, ú-ellathar nîn, ná? [That is why you left, is it not?]"

Anaynah's held his gaze in silence for a few moments. She sighed, nodding slowly.

"Gwennin na leithio i phith. [It was the best decision for all.]"

"Na, nauthad. [It was not.]"

"Ú-cheniathad nîn. [I would have hurt you.]"

"Ú-cheniathad le! [You already did!]"
Elrond exclaimed with a despair in his voice that took Anaynah back, "You hurt me the day you left Rivendell behind." His voice broke as he spoke, finally getting the words from his heart to his lips.
"Everyday I waited, praying, hoping that you would return. And soon I realised, you would not. I knew one day you would leave, the world would call you and you would answer, but it should not have been like that."

Tears welled in Anaynah's eyes, fighting to hold them back. Elrond's words shattered her heart. This was exactly the guilt she felt and had been feeling for the past 60 years. And she knew he was right, but she did not realise that this was how he felt.

"I am sorry that I had kept the truth from you for such a long time, but it was for you own wellbeing. I swore an oath." The Elf tried to reason, "you must know I did not ever doubt your heart. I do not believe the fate you fear will become is the one that shall be."

Elrond smiled softly with a sigh, bringing his hand up to cup her warm flushed cheek. Subconsciously, she sunk into the touch.

"I have missed you very much, my Anaynah."

"I have missed you too... Ada."

No longer could he resist. Elrond grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her into his arms. Wrapping his arms tightly around her figure she did the same. She felt his strong arms around her, feeling a sense of comfort and security that she hasn't felt in a long time.
Though the guilt had not left, she was strongly relieved to find out that Elrond, no matter what had happened, still loved and accepted her entirely.

________
Well there we go! Did we have a feeling that Elrond was her father figure? We know he isn't her biological father, so how exactly did that happen?
Yes I know this was a shorter chapter, I typically like to reach around 3000 words, this one is short a thousand, but I felt this was a good way to end the chapter and frankly could not think of much else.

Do we like the new book cover? Made it myself, if anyone knows the artist who drew the dragon do let me know.

-I <3

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

426K 18.8K 57
WATTYS SHORTLIST 2018 The heart desires the unreachable. A rare creature born of Middle Earth must undo the damage of her predecessor, who helped for...
444K 12K 38
First book She is older than most. She was feared. She was a queen. One people believed to be dead. For ages she was never seen. Until a certain w...
176K 2.1K 33
Y/n, Daughter of Elrond has been a strong and independent elf all her life. She sets out on a journey to destroy the one ring along with the other me...
40.5K 1.3K 36
"But, you can't be with two people at the same time. If you really did love the first one, then why would you have fallen for the second?" she added...